IL Bel Lago - From the Hill
11631 Olive Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63141Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
IL Bel Lago - From the Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ilbellago.com/
- Phone: (314) 994-1080
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Frank Gabriele
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can host your personal dinners, and we have private dining rooms to host any event. Let us take care of your next dining experience…we guarantee you will become a fan!
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8779120526
- Entertainment: Weekends Only live entertainment.
A word from IL Bel Lago - From the Hill
Il Bel Lago From The Hill. A fixture in St. Louis for 10 years now! Food is what makes an authentic restaurant great, and with its 40 years of excellence from their Hill location Il Bel Lago has all the ingredients for greatness. There's a Water Fall wall. How about a wall that's floor to ceiling wine racks. Il Bel Lago is one of the most attractive restaurants in St Louis. The Food here is as stunning as the decor.The Italian Cuisine is equal to the very best anywhere in St.Louis. Il Bel Lago's menu rates among the top Italian restaurants in St.Louis. In terms of service? No One does it better! Buon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
IL Bel Lago - From the Hill - Best Restaurants in Creve Coeur ›
IL Bel Lago - From the Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (38)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (29)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great Service for Group of 10trinitiVIPDined on 11/21/2014We had a birthday group of 10. They accommodated our group with no problem with excellent service and even split our checks individually. We had multiple appetizers, entrees, side dishes to share, bottles of wine, and a complimentary birthday dessert. I would definitely recommend the lobster ravioli (special) and veal among other things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Great place to impress out-of-town business members for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Bel Lago has wonderful food!enjoynewplacesDined on 11/7/2014The ambiance was upscale with quiet areas. The food was excellent, fresh seafood ravioli, veal special, chicken breast stuffed with cheeses. The "Tiramisu" was the best I've had. Truely a great experience. We will be back with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!BooBooDined on 10/25/2014This is a gem of a restaurant. You are greeted and treated like you are important and the food is very good. The Londoff meatball....yum!Special Features:
- As always, five stars.LifterVIPDined on 10/25/2014We've been to Bel Lago multiple times and have never been disappointed. The cannelloni is excellent. They have an extensive menu, plenty of option from which to choose. Strongly recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Secret in W St Louis CountyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The IL Bel Lago was recommend by our daughter. She had a corporate function there and was pretty impressed not only by the food and prices, but the atmosphere was outstanding. After me and my wife experienced an excellent meal at IL Bel Lago we too can say we were impressed by everything, from the excellent drinks (Manhattan on the Rocks) to the appetizer, to the entrée. It was an outstanding experience and would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that is looking for a great dining experience. And the prices are very reasonable. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!jkwolffDined on 10/17/2014Our experience was perfect. Food was amazing and service impeccable. Our waiter Tom was personable and fun.Special Features:
- Futbol2014Dined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful experience at IL Bel Lago. The food was outstanding, matched by great service and ambience. An elegant restuarant but very comfortable and the food was terrific. We had a group of 6 and had an outstanding dinner and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceBillikenDined on 10/11/2014This was our third or fourth time to Il Bel Lago. The food and service is consistently outstanding. We always feel welcome at Il Bel Lago and the staff goes out of their way to make you feel like you are an old friend. Food is always great and they are willing to work with you if you have specific food requirements (I am a vegetarian for example). We will be back again!Special Features:
- excellantLovefood2VIPDined on 10/10/2014Had dinner at this restaurant with my parents. Our first time, food was great. Server was attentive. My mother has some dietary issues, the chef was accommodating and came back to check on her meal. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoosMcAngelVIPDined on 10/4/2014We took our daughters here for the 1st time. They loved it. Did a little singing (and dancing) in the bar after dinner.. Fun Night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dolce fa nienteMaestroDined on 9/30/2014My Italian roots are very strong, we mainly cook from scratch at home. So we are tough critics when it comes to Italian. The Hill always gets all the attention, but I'm not thoroughly impressed...except for the groceries. I've passed Il Bel Lago a million times and never went, but after the first time, I was completely sold on them. Ultimately the food is top notch quality, great variety of pasta, meat, fish and veggies. Staff was absolutely as accommodating as possible. We had a friend with extreme allergies, and the staff was conscious of everyone's interest. No doubt will I recommend and return. Buon appetito!Special Features:
- Loved it!~MiddlenamewineDined on 9/20/2014Carmelo and his staff are wonderful! I have to say I have dined here several times with my company and decided to take my family with me after a show at West Port! They loved it so not only was the restaurant a hit so was I :-)Special Features:
- MackVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food and service outstanding. Great attention to detail. Varied menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDanielDined on 9/18/2014My Open Table reservation had not been looked at before arrival. I had asked for outdoor seating. No outside table had been prepared. Salad featuring stacked eggplant, mozzerela and tomato is usually wonderful. Tomatoes were so disappointing in ripeness this time that the dish was not enjoyable. On a positive note the server was attentive and food was served quickly.
- ChiefmcdDined on 9/6/2014Our dinner was very good, atmosphere is lovely, waiter a bit too chatty but did provide good service. We will return and recommend it to othersSpecial Features:
- surprisedbobsDined on 8/30/2014strip mall restaurant sorta made me nervous but damn the place is stunningly beautiful and the food, wine list, and service are spot on! Damn that was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic St Louis style ItalianTrishWS13VIPDined on 8/27/2014Moved away from StL 15 yrs ago. IBL is everything I remember about the fine-dining experience on the Hill: stylish, formal, traditional, & satisfying. IBL translated well to the burbs & convenient for my Dad's birthday. Unfortunately, his was the one dish that was not as carefully prepared as the others. His Frutti di Mare was heavy on mussels & light on shrimp & other promised ingredients. The Tortellini di Vitello was excellent; rich, flavorful, & ample; definitely the best dish on our table. The red sauce on the Pacherri con Guanciale tasted like freshly, crushed tomatoes with just the right balance of sweetness & herbs. Fell lucky, StL, while IBL may not be authentic Italian in all ways, it is authentically StL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Choice for a Night OutwinedineDined on 8/23/2014The food was terrific, the service is always good and the wine list is very solid. While we were there for a romantic dinner, there were other tables with children and families - but the relative quite of the restaurant and good spacing between tables meant that we were not impacted by other guests. The specials were terrific - particularly the stuffed pork-chop. Always makes me wish we had returned to dine there sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014I would not recommend this restruant to anyone. I had a reservation at 7:30 didn't even get seated until 8 because the owner was to busy seating his friends who walked in after me. After sitting there for another 15 mintues a server came up to us to finally sit us. I normally would not write a review but this was the rudest place I have ever been. Not only did I wait 30 mintues for my reservation but I also waited 45 mintues for my food when all I ordered was a pizza. The wait staff is extremely rude to the bus boys and it is extremely uncomfortable to hear the way they speak to them. My boyfriend and I look young but are in our late twenties i guess we were not worth anyone time there.
- Just okJustokDined on 8/22/2014Not very impressed with the food. It was just ok. My rissoutte was too peppery. The drinks (martinis) were very good though.Special Features:
- The bestLifterVIPDined on 8/2/2014Bel Lago is the best restaurant in St. Louis, well worth it for the price. Top quality food and outstanding service. If you like Italian food, you won't be disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch meetingCraigVIPDined on 7/31/2014I had a business lunch last Thursday and held it at Il Bel Lago in Creve Coeur. They offered me one of two alcove rooms when I explained I wanted a quiet table. The staff is attentive without being too present. We had a good discussion and a very good lunch. This restaurant has a great atmosphere and an experienced staff.Special Features:
- The following 93 reviews are from the IL Bel Lago - From the Hill reviews archive.
- trynewrestaurantstrynewrestaurantsDined on 7/26/2014We celebrated a birthday dinner. Everything was exceptional. Our guests were very pleased. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding...LifterVIPDined on 7/5/2014Took my mother-in-law for her birthday and she loved it. Specials were outstanding. We've been here probably a couple dozen tomes and always have a good experience at Bel Lago, from the quality of the food to service. It makes no difference who your waiter is either, we've had several and service is always first rate. Plus, they've (staff) been here a long time, no turnover, obviously a good sign. Definitely recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOutstandingVIPDined on 6/26/2014We have been here before. They are always very good, but tonight the Owner recognized it was our anniversary. Made us a special dessert and congratulated us. It was so special because they were soo busy and we could tell he went out of his way to get the staff to recognize our anniversary they even sang for us. He even shared with us the fun his family is having planning their parents 50 the wedding anniversary. Thank you for making our evening soo special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going to RevisitLyeNessDined on 6/25/2014Great for corporate dinners. Reasonably priced and yummy food. May go back for a date night.Special Features:
- Superior Food and ServiceFrenchbunny62Dined on 6/21/2014We have gone to this restaurant often when we wanted a great Italian dinner. Food and service have always been superb, even for an anniversary lunch of 60 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014Our waiter was unattentive and made the evening un-enjoyable.Special Features:
- Must goLifterVIPDined on 5/31/2014This is quite possibly the best restaurant in St. Louis, easily our favorite. Service is outstanding, we'd request a particular waiter, except we have had several and they are all excellent. My wife loves the atmosphere and decor, live music in the front bar. I really cannot recommend anything in particular, as everything we have had has been outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heavy pastafoodieDined on 5/29/2014waiter was excellent, food not that great, in the past, food has been very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but noisyLucyVIPDined on 5/23/2014Rehearsal dinner the night we were there, so it was extremly busy. The food and service were both very good, despite the crowd. We would return.Special Features:
- Terrific eveningSteakloversVIPDined on 5/19/2014We've dined here a dozen or so times and the experience had been consistently good. Tonight was even better- from the dedicated room for our party of 5, to the terrific food from both the menu, specials and what we requested which was not on the menu (they do that nicely), to the great service from our waiter Steve- it all made for an enjoyable evening in entertaining family from out of town. Well done!Special Features:
- Dinner 5/12/14JR747VIPDined on 5/12/2014Overall quite good. The entree specials for that evening (four total) all sounded excellent and creative. We ordered two, the stuffed Swordfish and raviloli with crab. Both were unique, creative and excellent. Overll service was good although one of us ordered a glass of wine that never appeared and we ultimately cancelled it. The interior water wall was just such a unique and appealing feature that we will return just to dine with that backdrop.Special Features:
- Food is consistently goodPjf405VIPDined on 5/10/2014Service was off on this visit but food is consistently good and the ambiance is nice as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table DinerfoodienicoleVIPDined on 5/10/2014The Lamb Chops were fabulous as was the service by Tom. Everyone at the table enjoyed their food. Would not have changed a thing!Special Features:
- proper white tablecloth restaurantjhenchDined on 5/9/2014this nearby restaurant is always a special occasion affair as it is not bargain priced. as usual, it was beautiful, quiet and classy. waiter was a bit abrupt, but the fine food went down easy and i cannot wait for the next special occasion.Special Features:
- Inviting ItalianTable42Dined on 5/7/2014Outside the lights in the trees and a lighted fountain made an attractive first impression. We were seated promptly in a comfortable booth after being offered a table if we preferred. The smoked salmon appetizer was delicious. Our main courses were shrimp scampi and I had veal which was excellent. For desert we had limoncello torte which was amazing.Special Features:
- CaliforniansSiegelDined on 4/29/2014Outstanding. Our guest was gluten intolerant, and the chef came to our table making suggestions and how she wanted her entrée prepared. Our waiter, Tom, made superb suggestions regarding pairings. The best meal we had during our stay in St. Louis.Special Features:
- Exceptional Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014Exceptional Italian food in a convenient central location. Outstanding service, delicious Italian selections and good value.Special Features: