15 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ikram.com/
- Phone: (312) 587-1000
- Hours of Operation:
10:00 am - 6:00 pm, Monday - Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Sullivan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from ikram cafe
The cafe at ikram is based on simple principles: farm to table food, simple, clean and healthy preparations to maximize flavors. Our menu changes daily, based on what produce and other goods are available at farmers' markets, the Green City Market, or other local vendors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
ikram cafe - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
ikram cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (7)great for brunch (6)romantic (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A special place for lunchLSFChicGoVIPDined on 11/7/2014I've been here twice and loved it both times. They bring you a little gougere as an amuse bouche before lunch, and wonderful salted butter with bread. My omelette was perfect, and came with a delicious salad and potato latke. I wish I had room for dessert because they looked great. Service couldn't have been nicer, more efficient, or less pushy. Just great. Attractive dining space. Elegant clientele.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appreciategoodfoodDined on 11/7/2014A very pleasant place with excellent and cordial service, but my omelette was overcooked and dry and virtually tasteless, as a consequence..
- Ladies' LunchBeanVIPDined on 11/4/2014We celebrated my birthday with a table for four, champagne and a lovely (and healthy) lunch of 5 salads and grilled shrimp. It was absolutely lovely and very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/28/2014BEST place in the city for a ladies lunch. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Not only for ladies to lunch.EssenDined on 10/24/2014The food is fresh and delicious, the atmosphere relaxing. Skip the kale chips, eat the bread, the salmon, dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special and uniquekingbarrieVIPDined on 10/3/2014I love Ikram Café, both the atmosphere and the food. Special touches - little appetizers to start - cookie with coffee to finish. Wish it was open for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a FindchitowngalVIPDined on 9/29/2014We needed a place close to the Driehaus Museum which lead us to this delightful cafe in a clothing store. The food, service, and ambiance were all excellent. The complimentary puff pastries melt in your mouth. My salad was excellent with a variety of interesting veggies and my friends enjoyed the bison burgers. The waiter was very helpful and answered all of our questions. The only negative about this place is that it closes at 6:00. It is worth trying for lunch or an early dinner. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REVIEWshoshDined on 9/12/2014Chic but comfortable with beautifully prepared and flavorful fresh foods. Simply elegant; elegantly simpleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Cafe!DrRobertVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I stopped in for lunch on Saturday because her boss had given us a gift certificate. We were very impressed by the wonderful service from Nathan and the bison burger I had there was the best I've ever had. My wife had the salmon which was equally delicious. I would also highly recommend the red wine blend we had there, it was to die for! I highly recommend this cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Ikram is the perfect lunch spot -- the food, service and ambiance are outstanding. The menu is both restrained and adventurous. For the men in the party there are bison burgers but with beyond ketchup and mustard toppings. The fries that go with the meal are very fresh and crispy; the home-made ketchup not overly sweet. While we didn't enjoy the custom made omelets another woman in the restaurant clearly enjoyed hers. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and very able to discuss the food and preparation. Can't wait to go back for afternoon tea!Special Features:
- Ikram CafeCityGirlVIPDined on 8/12/2014Ikram Cafe is always a special experience and the food is excellent. It's central to the city and the best lunch I can imagine in that area. The service is the best I've had for lunch and a the turnover is low. We all love the gourgiere that are served before the food comes out. The ingredients in the food are all very fresh and the chef is great; the choices are few and all delicious.Special Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the ikram cafe reviews archive.
- Simple, fresh foodAmberVIPDined on 7/21/2014The food here is not mind-blowing but it's solid and the location in this whimsical bright red fashion boutique is pretty neat. Somewhere worth taking somebody from out of town to impress them with your depth of knowledge on Chicago. The menu changes often so you won't get bored. The kale chips sound yummy, oven-roasted with togarashi, but are really quite bland and very crumbly. Better kale chips are just a couple blocks away at Raw (51 W Huron). The housemade gougères to start the meal are quite good, and the rotating daily selection of five different salads can be delicious and is always fresh. I'm disappointed that they use farmed Scottish salmon instead of wild-caught Alaskan, or I would have ordered that.Special Features:
- Perfect LunchmelwelwilVIPDined on 7/19/2014Farm fresh ingredients . Perfect portion size. Attentive knowledgable service. Beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABABVIPDined on 7/11/2014Cannot go wrong with anything on this seasonal menu. Salmon on mixed greens is infallible. Menage a trois or mix and match salad plate are nice as lighter options. The juices and soups are ever-changing, fresh, and consistently divine. Service is attentive and unobtrusive. Ikram is a fitting space for any daytime occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need that recipelivetoeatVIPDined on 7/8/2014I believe that was the best soup/stew (Moroccan stew special) I have ever had. I am dreaming of it. The salmon salad is also over the top good. The food here is phenomenal and healthy!Special Features:
- Ikram CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/24/2014Lunch is my only experience at Ikram Cafe, and my friends and I have enjoyed it very much twice. It's a pleasant room, the service is excellent, and so is the food.And one can talk with friends there--it isn't noisy, and the tables aren't too close together. The prices are in line with similar places--not a cheap lunch, but one doesn't expect that in elegant surroundings. We will go back from time to time--we really enjoyed the experience, and it's fun to go downstairs and browse among the beautiful clothes and accessories after lunch.Special Features:
- Foodie2enjoyVIPDined on 6/6/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Ikram Cafe. The menu was very interesting, with a number of good choices, the food was very tasty and the service was outstanding. Ikram is a lovely spot for lunch and we all agreed that we would make return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningirlVIPDined on 6/5/2014I love this girlie place . We had a wonderful crostini with puréed peas, micro greens , and peas to start and each had omelettes, a perfect base before shopping . This was a first time for us and we will return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally a good spot for Girls LunchFSjillVIPDined on 6/3/2014Love having lunch here. The veggies are well prepared and the soups are very good. Service is smooth and the setting lovely.Special Features:
- Knock OutFussy2aFaultVIPDined on 5/29/2014Knock out looking, tasting, service. I entertained three friends, for a birthday, and they too were knocked out. The ambiance, our server, the comfort and noise level: Knock out! The tiny, melt in your mouth, puffs were a delightful surprise and the breads were perfect. My egg dish, accompanied by a perfect salad, was knock out. Beautiful little complimentary cookies completed our knock out experience. What a treat! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingcityplaceVIPDined on 5/21/2014Gorgeous setting inside a beautiful clothing store. Food is wonderful and special. Only thing I didn't like was that we were celebrating a birthday (which I mentioned online on open table) and it wasn't acknowledged unless I ordered dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciciously creativeLaJollaFoodieDined on 5/16/2014Innovative food with Ottolenghi influence Great setting in creative store - all told a great outingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemBethVIPDined on 5/10/2014Tucked away in a clothing store, this is one of the best kept secrets right off the Mag Mile. the service was thoughtful and personal, and quite flexible, substituting foods for ones I could not eat.Special Features:
- Nice but not specialkatnipDined on 5/10/2014I picked this restaurant to celebrate the 25th birthdays of our daughters because it was small and considered a hidden gem. While the food and service were up to my expectations, I was disappointed that the girls were not given any special treatment for this milestone occasion. Yes, we ordered one dessert for the table and two candles were put on the plate. but I guess I expected something complimentary for each of them - their own candled plate with a tiny complimentary truffle or glass of champagne perhaps - something to remember the occasion and the restaurant.
- Superb brunchGRaoVIPDined on 5/10/2014Tucked away on the 2nd floor of Ikram's is a gem of a place for a great brunch or a refreshing drink. Outstanding service and excellent food makes this a nice option away from mag mile crowds.Special Features:
- Delicious!CathDined on 4/30/2014If you want a quiet place for an intimate lunch downtown, this is the place! After walking through Ikram's beautiful store, you will walk up to a small charming dining room. The food is absolutely delicious (don't miss the chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream) and our waiter was adorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findhard2pleaseDined on 4/26/2014Excellent small appealing quiet restaurant near Water Tower that takes reservations for Saturday brunch. Rare find. You can linger as long as you want. No matter that it's on the 2nd floor of a trendy women's boutique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, serviceChgoReviewerDined on 4/24/2014My friends and I had lunch at Ikram, based on previous OpenTable reviews, and were not disappointed. The service was prompt, attentive and courteous; we were not rushed. Our meals were delicious and creative. The food is of very high quality and was mostly prepared to order. There were no leftovers! The prices were very reasonable. The room was bright, intimate and blissfully quiet. The location is novel and unique, especially if you enjoy admiring Ikram's clothing and accessories, as well. We would (and will) definitely return. I'd like to add I have absolutely no ties to this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousdjschoenDined on 3/29/2014Went here for lunch while staying downtown for the weekend. Our waiter was friendly, fun and very helpful. The food was wonderful, fresh and full of unique flavors that worked so very well together. I cannot wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, delicious and chicOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014Take your mother, partner, sister, or friend to this absolutely chicest, most delicious lunch in town. Simple fresh preparations, I have to force myself to not always order the salmon salad and try something new. You know you love a place when that is your biggest challenge, forcing yourself to try something new, you loved what you had the last time so much! Everything is the freshest farm to table sourcing, and you feel pampered in a way that is uncommon for lunch spots in Chicago, much more like Paris or Rome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i adore eating here with anyone....yummyVIPDined on 3/20/2014the service food and ambiance is consistently the best ....i love bringing girlfriends boyfriends here it is the best place to come for a wonderful deeeeelishous afternoon ...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique but not business orientedgdelossDined on 3/20/2014A very unique location for lunch. Colorful and delicious. The service was a little on the slow side but professional. Our reservation was for a quick business meeting. I felt somewhat awkward entering the cafe through the women's fashion department and there is no indication of where the cafe is located within. Fortunately the service in the store was very helpful and guided us to our location. Lunch was very good. The salads were very good and unique in taste and appearance. When it came time to leave we did have a little trouble getting the bill. There is a fine line between rushing diners out the door and having to hunt the waiter down in the kitchen. Unfortunately I had to do the latter in this case.Special Features:
- Much to long a wait betweenOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/19/2014Much to long a wait between placing food order and receiving the food. Otherwise a delightful place for lunch!
- great experience at ikram cafeMegWVIPDined on 3/19/2014I had visitors from out of town and was looking for a unique place for lunch. It is a little pricey but you definitely get what you pay for! This neighborhood gem is a quaint little cafe located above a high-end boutique. It's not the most inviting atmosphere when you first walk in, but don't be intimidated! The food is impeccable. The salmon salad is delicious as well as the bison burger. We loved our experience and will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Relaible service and food.FoodieVIPDined on 3/13/2014Fun and yummy for a ladies luncheon. I have been there a hanful of times and the owner always happened to be there, which is very key in the success of the place. Everyone is pleasant and courteous, unlike the employees at the boutique downstairs!Special Features:
- A real gemEmbeDined on 2/20/2014I have eaten here a number of times and it is consistently a great experience. The setting is very inviting and comfortable. A great place for catching up with friends or for a private business conversation. The food is exquisite; very palate pleasing, creative , seasonal and healthy. The service is relaxed, non-intrusive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always order either the salmonFSjillVIPDined on 2/12/2014Always order either the salmon or veggie salad combo because they are both so good.Special Features:
- Relaxing lunch spotJennDined on 2/3/2014What a nice place to meet a friend to catch up at lunch. Food was delicious, and service was excellent! I felt pampered. Nice, quiet atmosphere. Not rushed at all. Sad had to go back to work or would have stayed a lot longer. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food resembles the clothingchicagofoodlover48VIPDined on 1/30/2014If you haven't visited Ikram, it's worth a visit, if for no other reason than the Wow factor you will experience when entering the vibrant red facade building. Don't be surprised to find clothing pieces for $5,000 plus per item. The restaurant is so elegant and feels like a beautiful little dining room in an elegant, upscale upper east side apartment in NY. The food choices are interesting; perhaps moreso than the actual taste and preparation, with the exception of the wonderful plate of cookies we shared for dessert. The prices are high (does that surprise you?), but the ambiance and setting make this restaurant a little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/22/2014Ikram Cafe is the place to go for lunch. We came in for a quick business lunch and were floored by the artful presentation, exquisite tasting food and the excellent service. I declined wine during the meal sticking to water instead. It tasted amazing - muddled mint and lemons - I drank 3 glasses. If they can make water taste that good - you can imagine how good the food is. I don't eat gluten and I was amazed at the choices I had on the menu - it is easy to dine here even if you have some food intolerances or allergies. I only wish I had more time to visit the gallery and boutique colocated in the same building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.