III Forks - Houston
1201 San Jacinto
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
III Forks - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iiiforks.com/location.php
- Phone: 7136589457x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jair Benitez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater to parties 20 and above.
- Entertainment: Quintessa Wine Dinner Friday, August 22nd. $145/person (plus tax&grat)
Call for details. 713.658.9457
Happy Hour nightly! 4-7PM
Ladies Night every Thursday! 4-10PM
- Special Events: Private Dining Rooms
Captain's Room- 10 Guests
Poker Room- 12 Guests
Bayou Room- 35 Guests
Allen Brothers- 60 Guests
Allen Brothers with Mezzanine- 80 Guests
Legends- 70 Guests
Trophy- 120 Guests
Mezzanine- 15 Guests
- Cross Street: San Jacinto and Dallas
- Public Transit: Light Rail Station 1 Block away
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Doorside valet parking (San Jacinto) is optional or the Houston Pavilion Garage (Corner of Fannin and Polk)is conveniently located 1 block away. As well as street parking on a meter throughout downtown.
A word from III Forks - Houston
Experience the contemporary evolution of a Classic Steakhouse planted in the heart of Downtown Houston. III Forks recreates the grandiose lifestyle experienced by Texans who believed that fine dining was a perfect combination of great food, service, atmosphere, and great music. Marvel in each dining room, which have been finely appointed to reflect the rich heritage of Houston. Indulge in our delectable menu featuring USDA Prime Beef, Ocean-Fresh Seafood, Australian Rock-Lobster Tail, Pork & Poultry, lighter Local Favorites, and mouth-watering desserts accompanied by a selection of 1,500 bottles of wine from every major wine region of the world. Socialize in our energetic bar where Happy Hour is held from 4-7 and don't forget about our Wine Down Wednesdays every Wednesday $15/ticket. Whether you're out with friends or entertaining clients, III Forks is the perfect choice for any social or business occasion. Savor every moment you experience at Downtown's most popular new Steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
III Forks - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)romantic (75)notable wine list (70)good for groups (53)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (39)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Old-fashioned charmHappyBirthdayGirlDined on 8/30/2014We came here for our wedding anniversary. We were shown straight to our table - our server was beautifully formal in an old-fashioned, charming way (in her white frock coat) and friendly to boot - and took pains to talk about the Restaurant Weeks Menu dishes (unlike other restaurants who either didn't bother or pushed the A la carte embarrassingly for us). I had the surf and turf - lovely; my husband had the fish - very good. The lemon tart was different to what I expected but lovely taste and my husband loved his cheesecake. The menu's 'house-wine' at $30 was very good value (at least the white we tried).Again our server treated the wine as if we had purchased the most expensive bottle on the wine list. A great evening all in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!Bdaygirl10Dined on 8/30/2014The food, service, and atmosphere was great! Our waitress was very nice and informative. She recaminded food options that were very good. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An average restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Great ambiance! Service was fair, waiter did not return often enough for us to reorder drinks. Dropped the food off and ran! Steak was WAY overcooked. If you are going to butterfly a filet mignon, at least you could do is inform the person eating it. Lobster bisque too thick, and overcooked. The prices are outrageous. $300 for 4 people with each person having one drink. Two had smallest filet mignon, 1 had the seafood medley appetizer (no entre) 3 lobster bisques, and 1 only had the wedge salad (no entre). Wow! For that price I will go to Pappas Brothers steakhouse or Del Frisco's. We will not return here. I am not a constant complainer! I love Capitol Grill, Pappas Steakhouse, Ruth's Chris, Perry's,& Eddie V's.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Great bar and bartenders! We took all of the bartenders suggestions and loved each of them. Our waiter for dinner service was a little hard to understand. IE.........."have I recorded your culinary requirements for the evening as you have requested them?" spoken extremely fast! We know that he was trying to be different with his speech but it was annoying with 2 hard of hearing people in our group. He was good otherwise. Our steaks were tough and they were cooked medium rare. We will definitely be back for the bar and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW... HRW BEST PICK FOR METWallDined on 8/28/2014This was my first time at this location and i will definitely return. Our waitress Ashley was great! She gave us great recommendations for food and drinks. She was very pleasant and made our meal even better. We had the lobster and steak which was excellent. I loved the seasoning on the steak. The desert was so good as well. Definitely will visit here again, and again, and again.Special Features:
- Wasn't impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014A group of myself and 5 co-workers went for restaurant weeks. The food was not even worth the discounted rate. Ordered onion rings as an appetizer and they were soggy and tasteless. The flat iron steak was tough and the whipped potatoes needed salt. Two people at the table had soft drinks that were refilled with water instead of what they were drinking and took over 5 minutes to get the correct drink. Overall for such a nice restaurant none of us were impressed and we won't be going back.
- BlissJfreezy123Dined on 8/26/2014This last visit was the second time I've dined here but first time I made reservations by opentable. As expected great food and service and the ambiance is on point for either a good steak dinner with the fellas or a romantic dining experience for that special someone. We went for restaurant week and I was a bit skeptical since I know alot of servers hate restaurant week but none the less everything was top notch.Special Features:
- Nice first visitFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014First time visit. Participated in Houston Restaurant Weeks. Lobster bisque was very good and Ceasar salad was excellent and actually best I have ever had. Surf and turf was very good and the seafood dish was tasty but overcooked. Lemon tarts for dessert were average. Would try again, but need to step up the game food wise to compete with all the restaurants in town. Nice ambiance and our server was extremely attentive. The hostess/greeter was not cut out for this level of restaurant. She was not polished, accommodating, or friendly. Restaurant has an upscale hotel type of feel which was nice. Server got us out on time to attend a concert at 8 pm.Special Features:
- Hot Spot not Food SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a trendy restaurant downtown that you can go to before you hit the clubs. We thought it would be like a Vic and Anthony experience and it is not. Our table was sticky like when a wooden bar has been wiped down and the resin has been rubbed off. Food: lobster bisque was good, signature 3 forks salad was good. Entrée of steak with mustard sauce was not that good and the meat was very tendinous. The desserts were good but nothing spectacular. Note: this is the HRW menu but we won't likely return as if you can't get a preset menu perfect we don't usually go back for regular menu items.
- Great Steaks and morelovetodineDined on 8/23/2014Went here to celebrate a special occasion, family had a few special requests and all of them were taken care of to perfection. Service was outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Great time during HRW. Seated on time for our reservation. Food was very good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, service, selectionHappy2dineDined on 8/23/2014Our experience at the III Forks was fantastic! The food was deliciously flavorful. The service was outstanding. They were very attentive without being overbearing. They were helpful and had a wonderful sense of humor. The wine selection was incredible. We will definitely dine at III Forks again. :)Special Features:
- Disappointing Houston Rest. WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Was looking forward to my first visit to 3 Forks. The food was disappointing. Lobster bisque was thick and not good. Main course (surf and turf) was fine, but not exceptional. Chocolate cake was dry - I can't remember ever having only a couple bites of a chocolate dessert. The restaurant was attractive, but very noisy - hard to carry on a conversation. Service was very good - friendly and attentive.
- Outstanding findbpoolVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time to dine here, and we really enjoyed it. Food was excellent as was service. Will definitely go back.
- Not top-tierOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The III Forks experience was mediocre at best. My steak was overcooked and dry and could have used more seasoning.
- DisappointedJeri007Dined on 8/23/2014My party of 4 and I were disappointed after having high expectations for a great meal. We ate from the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu and had the lobster bisque, steak, and strawberry shortcake and chocolate ganache cake. All were terrible choices. The lobster bisque was lukewarm and the texture was not very creamy. For the main entrée, the steak was overcooked--with no pink as requested. The strawberry shortcake pastry was hard and not flaky while the strawberries appeared to be of the frozen variety. The chocolate ganache was dry. Although the food was a disappointment, our server was very pleasant and the atmosphere was pleasing.Special Features:
- Excellent meal!Doc199Dined on 8/22/2014This is the first time I've been to III Forks, and if it were not part of Houston Restaurant Weeks, I likely would not have found this gem of a restaurant. The food was excellent, as was the service.Special Features:
- Nice placeItzonleekimDined on 8/22/2014The food could of been a little better for HRW. Overall nice place and the forks salad was amazing. The surf and turf was okay. The chocolate ganache cake was delicious..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayOkayDined on 8/22/2014Although I found the atmosphere great, the HRW surf and turf feature a cheap london broil that was over-seasoned and the Lobster bisque was bland and lacking Lobster flavor. This might be due to the fact that we ordered from the HRW menu. However, I will not be back.Special Features:
- horriblefoodcriticDined on 8/21/2014Food served cold: lobster bisque not even luke warm and the entree lacked in flavor, mashed potatoes cold, poor quality London broil steak, which was overcooked. Rather than cooking a new steak, the waitress took a member of my party's steak and gave it to me! I've been twice before and had not been subjected to such poor service. We walked across the street to Guadalajara were the food was served promptly AND hot!
- Forget, screw up, delay your orderPetrunciDined on 8/21/2014They forget our order. Then screwed it up after 1hr delay. 2 people had to leave to go back to work they took so long. Food not that great and service terrible
- Perfect, as always!AudeoVIPDined on 8/20/2014Time after time, III Forks downtown is an outstanding destination for client dinners or lunch during conventions that bring me to downtown Houston several times a year. All entrées are perfectly prepared, perfectly seasoned and sauced. Service is attentive and impeccable. Bar is wonderful and wine list superb. This is why I come back time after time.Special Features:
- HRW - III Forks = Awesome!IIIForksHRWDined on 8/19/2014Went here for HRW with a friend as it was also her birthday. The food was amazing and the portions were surprisingly large. A lot places size down for HRW but not here. I had a steak and lobster and enough for a doggy bag. Took a while for our entree to come out, but the waiter was apologetic and we ended up with a free after drink cocktail which was a nice surprise. Even with it though, i'll definitely be coming back.. :) maybe this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Great tasting food that is consistently great! Water glasses are continuously refilled and needs were attended to.Special Features:
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014The food was excellent! Our server seemed distrtacted while you was waiting on us. He keep excusing himself for a minute or two while he was attending to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spotKarenDined on 8/19/2014It was my first visit to III Forks and I will go back. I took advantage of their HRW menu. The signature salad was tasty, well dressed and a reasonable portion. The salmon was cooked just right and the starchy French rice was an excellent side pairing. Dessert was not part of the HRW lunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014I went during restaurant week. The food was absolutely delicious. I enjoyed the ambiance as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open TableBougieEJDined on 8/18/2014Overall food was great My fiance and I wanted a nice restaurant to go to during the week. The lobster mac was great the service was better. The London broil we had was very dry and tough eleven at medium. The wine choices were wonderful. I would go back just would not get the steak selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined for HRW 2014HtownFoodieForLifeDined on 8/16/2014Overall experience was good. I loved the classy atmosphere and decor inside. Our waiter was attentive and service was on point. The III forks salad was overdressed so the mixed greens were slightly soggy. However, the dressing was tasty. The steak was a bit tough and needed more seasoning but the lobster tail was sweet and juicy. The best part of the meal was the chocolate ganache cake. It had just the right amount of sweetness and was divine. Totally chocolate wasted after that!Special Features:
- Maybe don't call it a steakhouseSouthernTransplantDined on 8/16/2014I've been wanting to try III Forks since seeing the Dallas location. We visited during Houston Restaurant Weeks. Service was excellent. They were responsive to our allergy issues. Salad was great. Lobster was tender. Unfortunately, the steak was very disappointing. It was served well done, when ordered medium well. Granted, I didn't mention it (I never send food back), but you'd expect a fine dining steakhouse to get the temperature right. It was also tough and flavorless. Perry's and the Strip House have much better steaks. I'd go back for the salad, though. Yum!!Special Features:
- A very good mealCMoneyDined on 8/15/2014I came here as part of a group of 7 trying out III Forks' Restaurant Weeks menu. We all had a seafood medley appetizer (in addition to the HRW menu) that was excellent. Definitely worth ordering again. For my three courses I had the Lobster Bisque, the London Broil with Lobster tail, and the Chocolate Ganache cake. The bisque tasted great, but I thought it was a little thick. The steak had a tasty mustard crust and was cooked to order (medium-rare) and the Canadian lobster tail was sweet and succulent. The chocolate ganache was rich without being overly heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinner!ChrisDined on 8/15/2014Great wine selections for my wife. Waiter made a couple selections for our table and everything was great. Ribeye delicious and III Forks salad was great. Also chocolate cake was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Best dining experience ever. Staff was very attentive, food was fabulous, wine was superb. Highly recommend. Please sit in Matthews section. Over the top amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale restaurant at GreenStreetmikew2010Dined on 8/15/2014With the new GreenStreet revitalization complete, III Forks stands out as an upscale restaurant in the area. Great place for a business lunch downtown or an evening date. The staff and service were superb, really added to the ambiance. I had the steak and my friend had the salmon off the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu: both dishes and the accompanying salads were tasty, fresh, and well-prepared. I will definitely consider coming back here again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf n turfhot2beautifulDined on 8/14/2014Best HRW Menu for 2014. Me n my girl would definitely come back to iii forks. Nancy our server was polite n efficient....she made this experience so much pleasant and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeetingEnjoyDined on 8/13/2014Always a great business meeting location. Good service and foodSpecial Features:
- Tables Too Close TogetherDelacroixDined on 8/13/2014The tables are too close together for an initimate conversation. The waiters was not as attentive as I believe he should have been at a restaurant of that caliber. Morton's was a lot nicer.Special Features:
- based on Houston restaurant weekchikimDined on 8/11/2014After hearing on the radio that III Fork treated their HRW patrons very well, we went Monday. Unfortunately, I felt the staff was going through the motions without really listening to us. Everyone was professional but You decide if it's good service.. The three of us ordered different entrees and desserts. They mixed my plate with my sister. Not a big deal. When he asked to boxed our leftovers, my friend and I said yes but not my sister. They boxed all three of our leftovers. Then we got our desserts but now all the desserts were misplaced. Once again, not a big deal. I wanted my untouched cake boxed but the waiter didn't. I wasn't snubbed but I didn't feel valued either. Also overhead staff talking poorly off HRW patrons.
- Excellent DinefantasticfoodieDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I decided to try III Forks for the first time. We arrived about 15 minutes before our reservation and our table was waiting on us. All of the staff were very friendly and service was excellent. Everything was simply perfect. We dined in on the Houston Restauraunt Week menu. We both had the Caesar Salad, Roasted Chicken and Lemon Tart/Strawberry Shortcake for dessert. We will definitely be attending again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service, and atmosphereluvmyhoustonfoodDined on 8/8/2014We dined at III Forks during Houston Restaurant Week and were impressed with the service and food. Their apple salad was excellent as was the lobster and lemon tart. The fish was perfectly cooked, but the steak (London Broil) was the the least favorite part of our meals. I would give another type of steak a try during my next visit though. We received great service...as if we were there on a several hundred dollar splurge instead of enjoying the value-priced restaurant week menu. This was not the case at another restaurant we visited for the Restaurant Week special III Forks is large and has several very nice dining rooms.Special Features: