III Forks - Houston
1201 San Jacinto
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
III Forks - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iiiforks.com/location.php
- Phone: 7136589457
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jair Benitez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater to parties 20 and above.
- Entertainment: Quintessa Wine Dinner Friday, August 22nd. $145/person (plus tax&grat)
Call for details. 713.658.9457
Happy Hour nightly! 4-7PM
Ladies Night every Thursday! 4-10PM
- Special Events: Private Dining Rooms
Captain's Room- 10 Guests
Poker Room- 12 Guests
Bayou Room- 35 Guests
Allen Brothers- 60 Guests
Allen Brothers with Mezzanine- 80 Guests
Legends- 70 Guests
Trophy- 120 Guests
Mezzanine- 15 Guests
- Cross Street: San Jacinto and Dallas
- Public Transit: Light Rail Station 1 Block away
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Doorside valet parking (San Jacinto) is optional or the Houston Pavilion Garage (Corner of Fannin and Polk)is conveniently located 1 block away. As well as street parking on a meter throughout downtown.
A word from III Forks - Houston
Experience the contemporary evolution of a Classic Steakhouse planted in the heart of Downtown Houston. III Forks recreates the grandiose lifestyle experienced by Texans who believed that fine dining was a perfect combination of great food, service, atmosphere, and great music. Marvel in each dining room, which have been finely appointed to reflect the rich heritage of Houston. Indulge in our delectable menu featuring USDA Prime Beef, Ocean-Fresh Seafood, Australian Rock-Lobster Tail, Pork & Poultry, lighter Local Favorites, and mouth-watering desserts accompanied by a selection of 1,500 bottles of wine from every major wine region of the world. Socialize in our energetic bar where Happy Hour is held from 4-7 and don't forget about our Wine Down Wednesdays every Wednesday $15/ticket. Whether you're out with friends or entertaining clients, III Forks is the perfect choice for any social or business occasion. Savor every moment you experience at Downtown's most popular new Steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
III Forks - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)romantic (70)notable wine list (69)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (48)great for lunch (34)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very Nice ExperiencestriderDined on 10/14/2014Good food. Three of us started with the III Forks salad, then the seafood special, which was very good. Trefethen chardonnay was very good pairing also. Others had the ribeye and pork chop, both were reported to be good. Very knowledgeable staff, great service. They got us seated, served and out in plenty of time for the Eagles show at Toyota center. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Always greatBigTexDined on 10/14/2014Always save this one for a special treat - this time a pre Eagles concert dinner. Once again perfection. Appetizers were great, french onion soup & the house special salad. Entrees of the seafood medley and the wonderful filet medley. This place is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pricey, But Incredibly GoodHoustonlablover1Dined on 10/11/2014We had never been to III Forks before. We arrived too early, so had a lovely time in the comfortable bar. We are older, but the young crowd was very friendly, as was the bartender. Dinner began with the amazing house salad. My order, the 8-oz filet mignon, was beyond superb; tender, tasty, just the right size. My husband enjoyed his prime rib. Dessert was the crème brulee, which had an undertone of tart lemons, and was the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening, excellent steakSteakManDined on 10/10/2014What can I say except the food was excellent. The III Forks salad lives up to its reputation and the 6 cheese potatoes were to die for. The steak was a good as advertised. I really liked the attentive staff and really a nice place to take a lady friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar service. excellent food!ftab094foodDined on 10/10/2014White jacketed waiters respond to your every whim. The lobster bisque is heavenly and the heirloom tomatoes are fresh from the farm. And the filet, OMG a dab of the King's Butter and you're in Paradise. And did I mention how well they treated my wife on her birthday- she was Thrilled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SuccesskidrockDined on 10/6/2014Im a foodie, restaurant management for 20+ years. My intention was to take my lovely wife to a different steak house each year. That plan was just tabled. We look forward to returning to III Forks as the food and personal service have been unmatched by anything we've previously experienced. No need to try any more. We've foind our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- III Forkstom231Dined on 9/25/2014Needed a place to eat before a concert. Several co-workers recommended III Forks. It was a nice experience! Staff was very friendly and very accommodating. Good was very good and a nice wine list. Will go again when I am downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great servicetvhoustonVIPDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our meal and great service. The only issue would be that the place was a bit too warm. Felt bad for the wait staff...they were sweating. OH! and the place too dark. Left our credit card there by accident. Darn it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Love!!!!BigMoDined on 9/20/2014Very romantic, great food, perfect for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnnyWoodlandsDined on 9/10/201412oz. filet cooked to perfection with great flavor. Loved the sweet potato hash, but it is really not a hash. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceJazzyDined on 9/9/2014Great service!! Waiter was friendly and the restaurant offered a few extra goodies complementary of the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Very attentive service team. Menu choices are varied especially appetizers, steaks and sides. Steak, bone in rib tee was really flavorful. Pretty good bar as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Steakhouse in HoustonJayDVIPDined on 9/2/2014This is one of the most wonderfully consistent spots in Houston. The food was great as always. The service was spot on, never needed to find the waitress. My drink was never empty. The wine list has small hidden gems I love to find. I love the place! We will be back. Its the best steakhouse in Houston. Period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old-fashioned charmHappyBirthdayGirlDined on 8/30/2014We came here for our wedding anniversary. We were shown straight to our table - our server was beautifully formal in an old-fashioned, charming way (in her white frock coat) and friendly to boot - and took pains to talk about the Restaurant Weeks Menu dishes (unlike other restaurants who either didn't bother or pushed the A la carte embarrassingly for us). I had the surf and turf - lovely; my husband had the fish - very good. The lemon tart was different to what I expected but lovely taste and my husband loved his cheesecake. The menu's 'house-wine' at $30 was very good value (at least the white we tried).Again our server treated the wine as if we had purchased the most expensive bottle on the wine list. A great evening all in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!Bdaygirl10Dined on 8/30/2014The food, service, and atmosphere was great! Our waitress was very nice and informative. She recaminded food options that were very good. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food and service!AngeDined on 8/30/2014It was my first time to dine at III Forks. I really loved the excellent service from all of the wait staff. Everyone stops by to see if you need anything and nobody acts as if you are not seated at one of their tables. We had the surf and turf (sirloin and lobster tail) and it was quite tasty. The waiters recommended items which were all good. I loved the ambiance, quality of the food and notable wine list. My friend and I went for Restaurant Week, but I will definitely try it out again as I eat out quite often and I love to dine where I can enjoy great food and service. I will recommend this restaurant to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible serviceRocketsFanDined on 8/29/2014the waitress did not listen to our requests in packaging our food, we had to wait for silverware, we had to ask for the complimentary tomatoes and green onions to go with our meals as we saw others being offered, we waited a long time to get bread and our meals, my meal was not prepared properly as I requested when I placed my order...there was no thought to packaging the food to go, and I had to keep asking for my birthday dessert as well...
- Just what I expected!mochachild68Dined on 8/29/2014My fiance flew down from D.C. to visit, and of course, he had to experience this restaurant. We took advantage of Restaurant Week while there were no crowds. The ambiance was great, food spectacular and the waitstaff was accommodating. This was his first time in Houston, and it could not have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An average restaurantoverpricedDined on 8/29/2014Great ambiance! Service was fair, waiter did not return often enough for us to reorder drinks. Dropped the food off and ran! Steak was WAY overcooked. If you are going to butterfly a filet mignon, at least you could do is inform the person eating it. Lobster bisque too thick, and overcooked. The prices are outrageous. $300 for 4 people with each person having one drink. Two had smallest filet mignon, 1 had the seafood medley appetizer (no entre) 3 lobster bisques, and 1 only had the wedge salad (no entre). Wow! For that price I will go to Pappas Brothers steakhouse or Del Frisco's. We will not return here. I am not a constant complainer! I love Capitol Grill, Pappas Steakhouse, Ruth's Chris, Perry's,& Eddie V's.
- BlueEyesDined on 8/28/2014Great bar and bartenders! We took all of the bartenders suggestions and loved each of them. Our waiter for dinner service was a little hard to understand. IE.........."have I recorded your culinary requirements for the evening as you have requested them?" spoken extremely fast! We know that he was trying to be different with his speech but it was annoying with 2 hard of hearing people in our group. He was good otherwise. Our steaks were tough and they were cooked medium rare. We will definitely be back for the bar and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW... HRW BEST PICK FOR METWallDined on 8/28/2014This was my first time at this location and i will definitely return. Our waitress Ashley was great! She gave us great recommendations for food and drinks. She was very pleasant and made our meal even better. We had the lobster and steak which was excellent. I loved the seasoning on the steak. The desert was so good as well. Definitely will visit here again, and again, and again.Special Features:
- Great experienceLuvFoodDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I had a wonderful meal at III Forks. We enjoyed the food, service, and the atmosphere. The chocolate cake was so good!Special Features:
- Wasn't impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014A group of myself and 5 co-workers went for restaurant weeks. The food was not even worth the discounted rate. Ordered onion rings as an appetizer and they were soggy and tasteless. The flat iron steak was tough and the whipped potatoes needed salt. Two people at the table had soft drinks that were refilled with water instead of what they were drinking and took over 5 minutes to get the correct drink. Overall for such a nice restaurant none of us were impressed and we won't be going back.
- BlissJfreezy123Dined on 8/26/2014This last visit was the second time I've dined here but first time I made reservations by opentable. As expected great food and service and the ambiance is on point for either a good steak dinner with the fellas or a romantic dining experience for that special someone. We went for restaurant week and I was a bit skeptical since I know alot of servers hate restaurant week but none the less everything was top notch.Special Features:
- Nice first visitFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014First time visit. Participated in Houston Restaurant Weeks. Lobster bisque was very good and Ceasar salad was excellent and actually best I have ever had. Surf and turf was very good and the seafood dish was tasty but overcooked. Lemon tarts for dessert were average. Would try again, but need to step up the game food wise to compete with all the restaurants in town. Nice ambiance and our server was extremely attentive. The hostess/greeter was not cut out for this level of restaurant. She was not polished, accommodating, or friendly. Restaurant has an upscale hotel type of feel which was nice. Server got us out on time to attend a concert at 8 pm.Special Features:
- solikeleeDined on 8/25/2014I took a client here for lunch during HRW. The food was superb and the waitstaff was great. The only thing that I would dock points for is that we were seated in the bar area. I felt like we were put in a corner, away from the rest of the restaurant. We did have a reservation. The only thing I could think of is that we were a party of two the restaurant was full of larger parties. Overall, great experience. Will be back.Special Features:
- Hot Spot not Food SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a trendy restaurant downtown that you can go to before you hit the clubs. We thought it would be like a Vic and Anthony experience and it is not. Our table was sticky like when a wooden bar has been wiped down and the resin has been rubbed off. Food: lobster bisque was good, signature 3 forks salad was good. Entrée of steak with mustard sauce was not that good and the meat was very tendinous. The desserts were good but nothing spectacular. Note: this is the HRW menu but we won't likely return as if you can't get a preset menu perfect we don't usually go back for regular menu items.
- Great Steaks and morelovetodineDined on 8/23/2014Went here to celebrate a special occasion, family had a few special requests and all of them were taken care of to perfection. Service was outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Great time during HRW. Seated on time for our reservation. Food was very good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, service, selectionHappy2dineDined on 8/23/2014Our experience at the III Forks was fantastic! The food was deliciously flavorful. The service was outstanding. They were very attentive without being overbearing. They were helpful and had a wonderful sense of humor. The wine selection was incredible. We will definitely dine at III Forks again. :)Special Features:
- Disappointing Houston Rest. WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Was looking forward to my first visit to 3 Forks. The food was disappointing. Lobster bisque was thick and not good. Main course (surf and turf) was fine, but not exceptional. Chocolate cake was dry - I can't remember ever having only a couple bites of a chocolate dessert. The restaurant was attractive, but very noisy - hard to carry on a conversation. Service was very good - friendly and attentive.
- Outstanding findbpoolVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time to dine here, and we really enjoyed it. Food was excellent as was service. Will definitely go back.
- Not top-tierOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The III Forks experience was mediocre at best. My steak was overcooked and dry and could have used more seasoning.
- DisappointedJeri007Dined on 8/23/2014My party of 4 and I were disappointed after having high expectations for a great meal. We ate from the Houston Restaurant Weeks menu and had the lobster bisque, steak, and strawberry shortcake and chocolate ganache cake. All were terrible choices. The lobster bisque was lukewarm and the texture was not very creamy. For the main entrée, the steak was overcooked--with no pink as requested. The strawberry shortcake pastry was hard and not flaky while the strawberries appeared to be of the frozen variety. The chocolate ganache was dry. Although the food was a disappointment, our server was very pleasant and the atmosphere was pleasing.Special Features:
- Excellent meal!Doc199Dined on 8/22/2014This is the first time I've been to III Forks, and if it were not part of Houston Restaurant Weeks, I likely would not have found this gem of a restaurant. The food was excellent, as was the service.Special Features:
- Nice placeItzonleekimDined on 8/22/2014The food could of been a little better for HRW. Overall nice place and the forks salad was amazing. The surf and turf was okay. The chocolate ganache cake was delicious..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayOkayDined on 8/22/2014Although I found the atmosphere great, the HRW surf and turf feature a cheap london broil that was over-seasoned and the Lobster bisque was bland and lacking Lobster flavor. This might be due to the fact that we ordered from the HRW menu. However, I will not be back.Special Features:
- horriblefoodcriticDined on 8/21/2014Food served cold: lobster bisque not even luke warm and the entree lacked in flavor, mashed potatoes cold, poor quality London broil steak, which was overcooked. Rather than cooking a new steak, the waitress took a member of my party's steak and gave it to me! I've been twice before and had not been subjected to such poor service. We walked across the street to Guadalajara were the food was served promptly AND hot!
- Forget, screw up, delay your orderPetrunciDined on 8/21/2014They forget our order. Then screwed it up after 1hr delay. 2 people had to leave to go back to work they took so long. Food not that great and service terrible
- Perfect, as always!AudeoVIPDined on 8/20/2014Time after time, III Forks downtown is an outstanding destination for client dinners or lunch during conventions that bring me to downtown Houston several times a year. All entrées are perfectly prepared, perfectly seasoned and sauced. Service is attentive and impeccable. Bar is wonderful and wine list superb. This is why I come back time after time.Special Features: