III Forks - Dallas
17776 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75287Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
III Forks - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.iiiforks.com/
- Phone: 9722671776
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pmm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Vogeli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music 6 Nights a week.
A word from III Forks - Dallas
Located in North Dallas, III Forks serves the ultimate in Texas French cuisine. III Forks is a restaurant that has recreated the grandiose lifestyle experienced by Texans who believed that fine dining was a perfect combination of great food, great service, great atmosphere and great music spent with the ones you love. With over 25,000 square feet of elegant dining, III Forks can accommodate intimate parties, as well as social gatherings up to 1000, which makes this the perfect choice for any special occasion. III Forks makes each and every special event memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
III Forks - Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
III Forks - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
494 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (396)romantic (251)notable wine list (188)good for groups (163)fit for foodies (124)neighborhood gem (53)vibrant bar scene (48)hot spot (47)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (24)great for outdoor dining (17)scenic view (17)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (13)Show More
- SeanDined on 9/20/2014III Forks is a classic gem with terrific history and awesome food.Special Features:
- STEAKGertalianDined on 9/20/2014The steak and beef croustade were phenomenal! We had NYA Strip and Fillet. Lobster mac and cheese was a treat. Every single item was fresh and hot when it finally arrived and tasted amazing. Small disappointment in no customized treatment for our anniversary. We were wished a happy anniversary several times, but nothing else. A simple flower or candle on the table, or beverage on the house would have been nice when spending 3 digits on a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- k123VIPDined on 9/20/2014They have changed the bread to a fluffy, tasteless blob. Regretted not ordering the steak as the seafood was ordinary.
- Near PerfectionSusanB58Dined on 9/20/2014Possibly one of the best meals we have ever had! My husband and I are not beef-eaters, but truly enjoyed their fish dishes. The Dover sole was so delicious and well-prepared - it melted like butter in my mouth. Fish dishes are served with potatoes or rice, sugar snap peas, creamed corn, sliced tomatoes, green onions and bread. It was absolutely delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 29th Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I took my wife here for our 29th anniversary and had a wonderful time. The reason I gave the noise level a 3 was because of the band. Everything was very peaceful and quiet until the band began to play. Prior to the band beginning we could have a conversation without raising your voice however, once the band started to play the noise level increased drastically to the point that we raise our voices just to speak. There are other dining area that are away from the band that are probably quieter, I didn't think to request this or I would have. Anyway, overall it was a very nice experience.Special Features:
- A Great Night to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We had an AWESOME TIME at III Forks. From the time we pulled up Valet took customer service to a higher level for us. The ambiance is the best we have ever seen. But the person who had made our stay the greatest was our server, Antonio. He was dress professional, informative about the III Forks and menu, plus he was witty. He also gave a personal escort to my wife to the ladies room. Very nice touch! We also enjoyed the personal touch of Dawn coming by checking on us. I can not wait to tell my friends to get the experience of III Forks. As a Notre Dame graduate, I am used to 1st class ambiance and III Forks was no different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three forksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014service...Waitress poorly trained for restaurant ostensibly of this caliber, too familiar ('well, looks like you liked that!', while bussing empty plates) tried to bully us on the wine list, didn't know prices of specials, constantly interrupting our dinner conversation Menu...some things warrant explanation on menu rather than expecting wait staff to talk about it, too much talk for things easily noted on the menu. Food...my 8 oz fillet was clearly about half the size of my wife's 8 oz filet...my filet looked to be about 4-5 oz. Creamed corn ho-hum, three forks salad small and tasted good but hype around it diminished enjoyment. Kings butter? A good cut of meat is its own reward! Portions were generally small for a $165 dinner for two!
- Remember to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014I haven't been to three forks in several years. Why?! The steak here was the best steak I have had at all the various steak places in Dallas and even other cities. Perfectly cooked and seasoned. The prime designation of the meat quality was accurate, and that is not always the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50/50OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/17/2014Food good, service not too polished. Wine list very long & over priced. Too noisy-difficult to carry on conversation. Server rushed us to place order, then took an hour to get served.Special Features:
- Goodness made wierdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014I chose three Forks because I have been there before and had a wonderful meal, the meal was wonderful. I have never been to a restaurant with such a pushy waiter, he was quick to push something else on to you when ordering but slow to bring it especially the red wine. Yes the waiter irritated three of the six guests. Yes I do understand up selling at a restaurant, but I don't understand a knucklehead that won't listen to you when you tell him you don't want something. And by all means do not set a steak in front of me and make me cut into it if I'm talking to a colleague about an acquisition. Your food was wonderful your waiter sucked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014I love how they spread out everyone when the place isn't full. Makes the sound level low and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- She AcceptedstepjnsjDined on 9/13/2014I would like to say that everything was great and last Saturday was a special moment for us. Last Saturday is when I proposed to my girl friend and ask her to marry me and she accepted. Our waiter was humble and gracious and made sure that this moment would be everlasting. We have declared that September 13, 2014 would be our anniversary day for 3 Forks, Table 264. Thank you for a wonderful experience that will forever be a part of our lives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Texas experiencethericemanDined on 9/13/2014We had a brief visit to Dallas and wanted a Texan Steakhouse experience, on a higher scale. III Forks was that place! Truly upscale with a Chef who has real vision. The steaks were incredible, I went for it all with the Tomahawk Ribeye. It was beyond flavorful! And with a huge bone that added to the statement! The sweet potato hash was a culinary magic trick that was surprising.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always feel special hereSteakLoversDelightDined on 9/13/2014I've been going to Three Forks off & on for about 8 years now. I started going on special occasions only, then realized it wasn't so overly priced to go more often. I enjoy the comfortable atmosphere and the staff has always been fantastic. I've only hade one occasion where I didn't like the food and that was the chicken. The server warned me about it ahead of time, but I didn't listen. Ha! Other than that, I can honestly say it's been a perfect experience every time I go. I would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- poor waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/8/2014the waiter must have been new. He came and interrupted our discussions multiple times, and said he was not rushing us, but... After we closed our bill out he came back and said he forgot to charge the wine. reran everything. No stop by the table from any management.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesLeemDined on 9/7/2014Really one of the best steakhouses in the DFW area. We have been many times and enjoy it each time.Special Features:
- Always GreatAmwalmDined on 9/6/2014The service is superb, starting with the valet team who greets you and makes you feel welcome when you step out of the car. The hostess team and wait staff are always attentive to your every need and make sure you have a great experience. The food is spectacular. In my opinion, the Bone in Ribeye is the best steak in the country. All around great environment, staff, ambience and food.Special Features:
- Fabulous steakhouse in Dallas.JohnDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I dined here and were very impressed. Definitely a candidate for best steakhouse in Dallas. Nice, traditional steakhouse style ambiance, with dark wood and slightly cheesy but elegant style. Service was polished, nice, and first rate. Food was better. My wife had a 6 oz. filet, which was perfect and smooth. I had a 16 oz. prime strip steak, and it was as good as any I've ever had. Perfectly charred, seasoned, and cooked medium rare. Sides were very nice, as was the salad we started with. Wine list is first rate and affordable. $200 for dinner for 2, including quality wine - no complaints. We'll be back.Special Features:
- lucylou4Dined on 9/5/2014Food was excellent; will enjoy trying other dishes next visit. Waiter was courteous and helpful; never felt rushed. Loved hearing the piano being played during our dinner. The hostess was very attentive when I asked to tour the kitchen; very soon a manager came to accommodate that request. He was most informative and gracious. Would recommend highly to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!Sch5Dined on 9/5/2014We loved the atmosphere and the small quirky things about III Forks! Food was wonderful too! We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Dumb WaiterTruthTellerDined on 9/2/2014Hosted a large dinner group for a business-related gathering. I've been here previously and enjoyed great service. However, this time was different. One of the guys at our table had been there for dinne with me 3 years ago. He's been talking about the Wagyu beef entree ever since. It was with massive anticipation that he, once again, ordered the wagyu beef. Somehow the waiter messed up his order and brought a different entree. My colleague indicated to the waiter that he'd, in fact, ordered the wagyu beef entree. The waiter actually argued with him that he had not. Unbelievable. He actually was arguing with a guy who'd just ordered a $90 entree item. Way too many great steakhouses in Dallas to risk a trip to III Forks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DiningahulagurlDined on 8/31/2014Celebrating a significant moment? This is the place for it. Luxurious surroundings, impeccable service and wonderful food and wine make an irresistible atmosphere for celebration.Special Features:
- III Forks NEVER DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014III Forks is hands down THE best steak restaurant in the DFW area. Each time I visit this establishment, I am always wowed. My husband, another couple and I went to try the restaurant week special menu and we were thrilled. From the tender tasty filet mignon, to the excellent bottle of Pinot Noir, and the excellent service, this restaurant is always top on my list. I will be back to bring my mother for her birthday in just three short weeks and I can't wait. Love you III Forks!Special Features:
- Girls Day OutGirlsDayOutDined on 8/31/2014We had an amazing time. The staff was courteous and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerProjectmanDined on 8/31/2014This was our first time at III Forks. The food, service and overall experience was wonderful. We would come back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They were not on tonight.SnowAngelsVIPDined on 8/31/2014Waiter was nice enough, but jacket had several food stains. Steak had been overcooked. I ordered medium but it came out well done. Place was noisy and full of kids. Patio had vents blowing directly on patrons ( not good). Entrees couldn't even get to the table at the same time. Maybe off night?Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/201414th Anniversary dinner! Food was fabulous. Loved every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014First time at III Forks. Food was delicious. Great recommendation from the staff. Very richly prepared and each mouthful was perfect. My Lady said she was treated like a Princess.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekfoodieDined on 8/30/2014We had the 2014 Restaurant Wee Menu. It was outstanding, and we are picky!! The 2 appetizers were excellent - soup shooters, and then Crawfish Bisque. It was tasty, very rich and rather too salty. The steak was cooked perfectly. We were surprised that the entree was served with beautifully cooked veggies - often those are extra. Dessert was wonderful. A great menu, a great price and gave us the opportunity to try out the restaurant for a modest price.Special Features:
- Awesome as UsualNordMom52Dined on 8/30/2014Loved III Forks as usual. Starting with the terrific bread and then the salad, steak and veggies, all were awesome!Special Features:
- Special Occasion, Great Evening!RMorDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I went to III Forks to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Hadn't been in some time, but glad we decided to return for this special occasion. Service of our waiter could not have been better and steaks we ordered were excellent and cooked to perfection. Thanks III Forks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be disappointed!LuvmysteakDined on 8/30/2014The ambiance was on point both inside the dining room and outside in the garden room. The fountains are a nice touch. The food was awesome and the waitstaff is very attentive. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceGinaWatersDined on 8/30/2014Me and a few friends came during Restaurant Week. The Belle Glos was exactly what I needed with my meal. My waiter David suggested the perfect wine. He was extremely charming and attentive. And hilarious! It was our first visit and we'll definitely be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Great steaks and drinks in a peaceful environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againRam1Dined on 8/29/2014Have eaten at several steak houses in Dallas. This by far worse piece of steak since experience at del friscos years ago..ordered a boneless ribeye that was full of fat and gristle. Waiter informed dining companions they were at a steakhouse and would recommend only steak. Luckily the ribeye was taken off the bill. Was there for a Friday night business dinner. Maybe service would have been better if not in upstairs dining room.I think the sign on door about dress code should be no shoes, no shirt, no service. Was greatly disappointed.
- Rough start, great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We went with another couple. I checked in for our 6:45 reservation at 6:40, but we didn't get a table until 7:15. We waited as couple after couple got tables ahead of us. I checked back in, and the hostess said that she thought the rest of our party wasn't there yet, even though I said we were all there at 6:40. This isn't a huge deal, but it was uncomfortable for us and the other couple as we waited. The good was great. Service perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Favoriteaks1Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent in every aspect of our dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014It was my son's birthday and food and service were great!!Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerJfromTexasDined on 8/29/2014Delicious, delicious! We took trends to dinner to celebrate a birthday. Our waiter was Ron. He was wonderful. Had the very best of service, fiord was incredible with perfectly cooked steaks. Great wine, sides and scrumptious dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty but disappointingFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Drinks at the bar were good. We went for restaurant week but dinner, the wine special still was pricey.. My husband had fish he said was good. I had the hanger steak which was good but spicy..the fresh snap peas were amazing but the potatoes were spicy as well and the corn side had rosemary which I hate so not the best meal for me. The writer was attentive and friendly and made the night. I did love that the tables were far apart and privateSpecial Features: