III Forks Austin
111 Lavaca Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
III Forks Austin
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iiiforks.com/
- Phone: 5124741776
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jamie Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Options Available
- Entertainment: III Forks has live music every Friday and Saturday night. Friend us on Facebook and Twitter for schedule and events.
A word from III Forks Austin
III Forks is an award-winning steakhouse, located on Lavaca Street at Cesar Chavez, in downtown Austin. Considered the Crown Jewel of American Dining, III Forks serves USDA Prime steaks, fresh fish and cold-water lobster. The steakhouse, finished in mahogany and marble, is designed to accommodate private parties of up to 60 guests. With four private rooms, a piano bar, and over 500 different wines, III Forks is sure to provide the best food and service in town. Open Daily at 5:00 PM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
III Forks Austin - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
III Forks Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (46)notable wine list (36)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (21)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great attention and excellent foodlikeGoodEatingPlacesDined on 10/18/2014The service was excellent, friendly and attentive. The food was very good. In short a good and certain great afternoon.Special Features:
- waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014It was her first day on the job; she was awesome!!Special Features:
- Delicious!kylemDined on 10/14/2014We went with what most reviewers suggested and weren't let down. The scallops and onion rings are outstanding. The filet mignon was prepared perfectly and you have to try the lobster mac & cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but not outstandingwanderlustforfoodDined on 10/4/2014I went to 3forks for my sister's 23rd birthday. Overall, the night was great, but I've had better steaks, the lighting was annoyingly dim and the bread was subpar. First, we started off with the scallops topped with bacon jam. Those scallops were cooked fine, but the real star was the bacon jam... absolutely delicious. For our main course, my sister and I both got the bone-in ribeye. Delicious cut of meat, but I have had better. Something I though differentiated 3forks from other nice steakhouses was that the entree came with 3 different sides, all of which were unlimited. Finally, we finished our meal with the layered chocolate ganache cake that was soooooo good. The cake was moist and flavorful, but not too sweet. Overall, good meal.Special Features:
- Perfect date nightMoninaDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our date night at III Forks. My steak was perfectly cooked and my husband enjoyed his pork chop, especially with the Emeretus wine. We will return!
- liveontheroadNJ5ODined on 10/3/2014Solid place for a cocktail & steak. Bartender understood the tequilas, wines and when to chime in and when to go away.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableZKnowsDined on 9/29/2014This is a great place to catch up on life with good company. This place knows food and the whole place is just the right mood for a good meal.Special Features:
- A great Steakhouse.evenpargolfVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have been many times. The staff, service, and steaks are always excellent. A BIG wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014One of my top 3 favorite steakhouses in Austin. Consistently good and steaks cooked perfectly every time.Special Features:
- Attentive to requests.dutchlopDined on 9/19/2014I am vegetarian and prefer not to eat rice and pasta. On the menu there was a vegetarian item, but it was pasta. I asked the wait staff to please ask the chef to make a vegetable plate for me without rice and pasta. The plate came out beautifully and was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstanding!RiccardoDined on 9/15/2014Everything about our recent dining experience was outstanding! The food, the service and the ambiance were all exceptional. This was truly a magical evening for my wife and I to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I most highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great business dinnerMCVisitorDined on 9/15/2014Sevice was great we had a group of 10 and they took great care of us and were very patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicepeanuteDined on 9/14/2014III Fork Austin is a very nice place to go for a Birthday, or special occasion. The food was good, and the service was fantastic. It has a pretty romantic atmosphere. The only issue I have is honestly I have had better steaks at a lower price, but I think you are paying for atmosphere as well. Be prepared to spend $150 for two if you get dessert and an appetizer, that does not include any alcoholic drinks. That said you should definitely visit if you can afford it.Special Features:
- Very Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/11/2014Very good steak. Sides of cream corn, onions, tomatoes, mashed potatoes, and vegetables included in price of steak. Outstanding service.Special Features:
- First time visitLBerryVIPDined on 9/10/2014In town for business and friend recommended it! It was great love the STEAKS! Wine and service, will be back next time I am in AustinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence all aroundDSCSDined on 9/5/2014The food, the atmosphere and the staff made the dining so wonderful. I recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best stakeMatt24Dined on 9/3/2014Best stakes I have ever had. Apps were great too and if you like wine they have a very large selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL......AS USUALODDDVIPDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant started in Dallas and has stayed consistent in food and service opening in Austin. We dine here often and it is ALWAYS GOOD IN EVERY WAY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three ForksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We didn't have the proper place settings with missing knives and forks; response was slow when we requested additional silverware. But the bartender was very friendly and responsive after the meal. He recognized/commented that we had just dined there versus treating us like we just walked off the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ExperienceAmandy420Dined on 8/23/2014I brought my nephew to III Forks to celebrate the beginning of his freshman year. Thomas was an attentive server who was always available but did not crowd or rush us. His jokes helped lighten the mood and crack the ice. The food was excellent, a true treat. I recommend the III Forks salad. It's a great way to jump start your appetite for a perfectly cooked filet. Ask about how they cook their steaks!Special Features:
- dinner20thDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful experience.Fantastic service and excellent food. Will return for many special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bone-In Steaks!PetrieDishDined on 8/14/2014As a prelude to the end of our business trip, we agreed to eat red meat and try III Forks in Austin. We each ordered a bone-in... Filet, Rib-eye and New York Strip... All cuts were tasty and cooked perfectly. III Forks steaks also come with sides....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance...SpindogVIPDined on 8/8/2014If you like a darker atmosphere with wood paneling, this is the place for you. The steak and side of wild mushrooms were fabulous. The lobster mac & cheese was a let down. Pricey.. seasoning was too much dill and there was not enough cheese to call it mac & cheese. This is our second time there - worth one visit. There are so many great "steak" restaurants in Austin that the next trip, we will explore them! The staff was very nice.Special Features:
- Not bad for a mondayMetooVIPDined on 8/4/2014Engaging wait staff and mgmt- funny guys n gals - will be back at some point in the futureI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. The service was great. Thanks, GusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLove2celebrateDined on 7/27/2014III Forks is a Five Star restaurant through and through! My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary this year with a spectacular dinner. Last year was extra special as we dined at III Forks after our Wedding ceremony! The food is beyond spectacular and the service is impeccable!! Thank you for another fantastic dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but priceyEricHDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I went to III Forks for our anniversary. The food was good and the service was exceptional. Overall, it was a good experience, but prices were steep for the quality. I recommend it only if you are looking for an excellent service experience complemented with satisfactory food.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner to remember!KPenaDined on 7/20/2014GREAT choice for our first anniversary! We started with wonderful seared scallops and had a delicious filet with several sides. For dessert, a light but tasty chocolate mousse served in a martini glass that came out on a silver tray with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. We were delighted when the manager brought out a complimentary shot of white Russian for both of us and the host took and printed a photo for us to take home. Overall, a PERFECT choice for a special occasion and I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Terrific!LiketoeatDined on 7/18/2014Right down the line, excellent experience! Food was great, service very professional. We went on a Friday night and they had a piano player and bass. Really nice. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad SeafoodDisappointedDined on 7/18/2014I took my wife for her birthday on July 18th, she ordered shrimp and immediately upon biting into one she said they taste and smell like ammonia. We informed the waiter who's response was "let me get the manager". It took him several minutes to come over and upon doing so stated " I checked the shrimp and yours should have been the fresh ones and he offere to get her another order are a different dinner which was a steak salad that turned up with overly seasoned beef tenders. No offer to comp the meal nor a real apology.Special Features:
- Very Nice to evening outSS7392Dined on 7/12/2014Always a nice evening downtown to go III Forks... service is excellent and food is just as equal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacebdayDined on 7/12/2014Great place for a special occasion if you have the money in the bank. The staff was exceptional and friendly. The atmosphere was quietly stated elegance. The food was great. You do need a bankroll though. Really, $15.00 for a top-shelf Martini? We live in Galveston and came to Austin to celebrate my daughter's 30th. I should of had her come down and at the top steak place in town (comparable in every way) the bill would have been half. Though, a great time was had by all.Special Features:
- Elegant Texas AtmosphereMagooDined on 7/11/2014The four adults had three different steaks and they were all excellent. The men took the waiters suggestion to split the one large steak which they did. The only problem was when we received the bill there was an additional charge of $7 which we didn't know what it was for. The waiter said it was for the additional mashed potato and vegetables for splitting the steak. We should have been told there was an additional charge when he suggested splitting the steak. Anyway we truly enjoyed every bite and already have reservations at III Forks in Dallas.Special Features:
- Foodiemom1964Dined on 7/5/2014Wonderful dinner, excellent service. Visiting from Houston, so our first time at III Forks. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantgr0mit1Dined on 7/1/2014Had a fabulous time with my g/f on our 1 year anniversary. Service, food, and the management were all top notch. Would love to dine again. Note: Manager knowing it was our anniversary brought out a very nice alcoholic seasonal beverage free-of-charge. A+Special Features:
- Very Nice DiningcelebratingwithfoodDined on 7/1/2014We clebrated our son's 25th birthday at III Forks this week and it was wonderful. Our server was attentive without hovering. The coctails were good and the wine with dinner was fantastic. The steaks were cooked to perfection. No one said a word about theirs being over or undercooked. We were all too busy eating the wonderful food. Thanks for a great experience. The only thing I could say is that we had to use flashlights on our phones to see the menu but that was kind of part of the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in AustinWW2OTVIPDined on 6/27/2014I had business in Austin last week and asked around for a recommendation for a great steak. Several friends recommended III Forks. They did not steer me wrong. The steak was perfect and included very tasty sides (unlike most upper end steak houses). It was a classic traditional steak house with nice unobtrusive live jazz and a solid wine list. I've also done Eddie V's, Sullivan's and Perry's on prior trips to Austin and frankly you can't lose with any of them, but for the money, III Forks should be on your list.Special Features:
- The following 1172 reviews are from the III Forks Austin reviews archive.
- wonderfulfoodie4lifeDined on 6/24/2014Great experience. Excellent food. Great ambiance. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came on off night hopefullyCharlesVIPDined on 6/22/2014We came during a visit to Austin and were staying at a nearby hotel so this was convenient and had good reviews so we decided to splurge and go for a nice meal. We came on the late side, only to find the restaurant pretty much empty (maybe 3 other tables there). By the time we were done, we were one of two tables left. And yet, we still had to wait for everything, including the bill. We weren't offered dessert (the other table was) so I assume they were trying to move us out, but the service was still slow. The food was very good. My burger was very good and my friend's steak was also very good. No complaints with the food at all, but the atmosphere was a little dead, and the service might be why.Special Features:
- Very average for the priceAmaker1Dined on 6/21/2014It is pricey but I am okay with that if the food is spectacular. I was very disappointed. I won't eat there again. My rating was accurate.Special Features: