III Forks Austin
111 Lavaca Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
III Forks Austin
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iiiforks.com/
- Phone: 5124741776
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jamie Gutierrez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Options Available
- Entertainment: III Forks has live music every Friday and Saturday night. Friend us on Facebook and Twitter for schedule and events.
A word from III Forks Austin
III Forks is an award-winning steakhouse, located on Lavaca Street at Cesar Chavez, in downtown Austin. Considered the Crown Jewel of American Dining, III Forks serves USDA Prime steaks, fresh fish and cold-water lobster. The steakhouse, finished in mahogany and marble, is designed to accommodate private parties of up to 60 guests. With four private rooms, a piano bar, and over 500 different wines, III Forks is sure to provide the best food and service in town. Open Daily at 5:00 PM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
III Forks Austin - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
III Forks Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (52)notable wine list (41)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (24)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Simply outstanding!RiccardoDined on 9/15/2014Everything about our recent dining experience was outstanding! The food, the service and the ambiance were all exceptional. This was truly a magical evening for my wife and I to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I most highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Sevice was great we had a group of 10 and they took great care of us and were very patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/11/2014Very good steak. Sides of cream corn, onions, tomatoes, mashed potatoes, and vegetables included in price of steak. Outstanding service.Special Features:
- First time visitLBerryVIPDined on 9/10/2014In town for business and friend recommended it! It was great love the STEAKS! Wine and service, will be back next time I am in AustinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence all aroundDSCSDined on 9/5/2014The food, the atmosphere and the staff made the dining so wonderful. I recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best stakeMatt24Dined on 9/3/2014Best stakes I have ever had. Apps were great too and if you like wine they have a very large selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL......AS USUALODDDVIPDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant started in Dallas and has stayed consistent in food and service opening in Austin. We dine here often and it is ALWAYS GOOD IN EVERY WAY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three ForksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We didn't have the proper place settings with missing knives and forks; response was slow when we requested additional silverware. But the bartender was very friendly and responsive after the meal. He recognized/commented that we had just dined there versus treating us like we just walked off the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ExperienceAmandy420Dined on 8/23/2014I brought my nephew to III Forks to celebrate the beginning of his freshman year. Thomas was an attentive server who was always available but did not crowd or rush us. His jokes helped lighten the mood and crack the ice. The food was excellent, a true treat. I recommend the III Forks salad. It's a great way to jump start your appetite for a perfectly cooked filet. Ask about how they cook their steaks!Special Features:
- dinner20thDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful experience.Fantastic service and excellent food. Will return for many special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bone-In Steaks!PetrieDishDined on 8/14/2014As a prelude to the end of our business trip, we agreed to eat red meat and try III Forks in Austin. We each ordered a bone-in... Filet, Rib-eye and New York Strip... All cuts were tasty and cooked perfectly. III Forks steaks also come with sides....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance...SpindogVIPDined on 8/8/2014If you like a darker atmosphere with wood paneling, this is the place for you. The steak and side of wild mushrooms were fabulous. The lobster mac & cheese was a let down. Pricey.. seasoning was too much dill and there was not enough cheese to call it mac & cheese. This is our second time there - worth one visit. There are so many great "steak" restaurants in Austin that the next trip, we will explore them! The staff was very nice.Special Features:
- Not bad for a mondayMetooVIPDined on 8/4/2014Engaging wait staff and mgmt- funny guys n gals - will be back at some point in the futureI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. The service was great. Thanks, GusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLove2celebrateDined on 7/27/2014III Forks is a Five Star restaurant through and through! My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary this year with a spectacular dinner. Last year was extra special as we dined at III Forks after our Wedding ceremony! The food is beyond spectacular and the service is impeccable!! Thank you for another fantastic dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but priceyEricHDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I went to III Forks for our anniversary. The food was good and the service was exceptional. Overall, it was a good experience, but prices were steep for the quality. I recommend it only if you are looking for an excellent service experience complemented with satisfactory food.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner to remember!KPenaDined on 7/20/2014GREAT choice for our first anniversary! We started with wonderful seared scallops and had a delicious filet with several sides. For dessert, a light but tasty chocolate mousse served in a martini glass that came out on a silver tray with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. We were delighted when the manager brought out a complimentary shot of white Russian for both of us and the host took and printed a photo for us to take home. Overall, a PERFECT choice for a special occasion and I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Terrific!LiketoeatDined on 7/18/2014Right down the line, excellent experience! Food was great, service very professional. We went on a Friday night and they had a piano player and bass. Really nice. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad SeafoodDisappointedDined on 7/18/2014I took my wife for her birthday on July 18th, she ordered shrimp and immediately upon biting into one she said they taste and smell like ammonia. We informed the waiter who's response was "let me get the manager". It took him several minutes to come over and upon doing so stated " I checked the shrimp and yours should have been the fresh ones and he offere to get her another order are a different dinner which was a steak salad that turned up with overly seasoned beef tenders. No offer to comp the meal nor a real apology.Special Features:
- Very Nice to evening outSS7392Dined on 7/12/2014Always a nice evening downtown to go III Forks... service is excellent and food is just as equal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacebdayDined on 7/12/2014Great place for a special occasion if you have the money in the bank. The staff was exceptional and friendly. The atmosphere was quietly stated elegance. The food was great. You do need a bankroll though. Really, $15.00 for a top-shelf Martini? We live in Galveston and came to Austin to celebrate my daughter's 30th. I should of had her come down and at the top steak place in town (comparable in every way) the bill would have been half. Though, a great time was had by all.Special Features:
- Elegant Texas AtmosphereMagooDined on 7/11/2014The four adults had three different steaks and they were all excellent. The men took the waiters suggestion to split the one large steak which they did. The only problem was when we received the bill there was an additional charge of $7 which we didn't know what it was for. The waiter said it was for the additional mashed potato and vegetables for splitting the steak. We should have been told there was an additional charge when he suggested splitting the steak. Anyway we truly enjoyed every bite and already have reservations at III Forks in Dallas.Special Features:
- Foodiemom1964Dined on 7/5/2014Wonderful dinner, excellent service. Visiting from Houston, so our first time at III Forks. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantgr0mit1Dined on 7/1/2014Had a fabulous time with my g/f on our 1 year anniversary. Service, food, and the management were all top notch. Would love to dine again. Note: Manager knowing it was our anniversary brought out a very nice alcoholic seasonal beverage free-of-charge. A+Special Features:
- Very Nice DiningcelebratingwithfoodDined on 7/1/2014We clebrated our son's 25th birthday at III Forks this week and it was wonderful. Our server was attentive without hovering. The coctails were good and the wine with dinner was fantastic. The steaks were cooked to perfection. No one said a word about theirs being over or undercooked. We were all too busy eating the wonderful food. Thanks for a great experience. The only thing I could say is that we had to use flashlights on our phones to see the menu but that was kind of part of the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in AustinWW2OTVIPDined on 6/27/2014I had business in Austin last week and asked around for a recommendation for a great steak. Several friends recommended III Forks. They did not steer me wrong. The steak was perfect and included very tasty sides (unlike most upper end steak houses). It was a classic traditional steak house with nice unobtrusive live jazz and a solid wine list. I've also done Eddie V's, Sullivan's and Perry's on prior trips to Austin and frankly you can't lose with any of them, but for the money, III Forks should be on your list.Special Features:
- wonderfulfoodie4lifeDined on 6/24/2014Great experience. Excellent food. Great ambiance. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came on off night hopefullyCharlesVIPDined on 6/22/2014We came during a visit to Austin and were staying at a nearby hotel so this was convenient and had good reviews so we decided to splurge and go for a nice meal. We came on the late side, only to find the restaurant pretty much empty (maybe 3 other tables there). By the time we were done, we were one of two tables left. And yet, we still had to wait for everything, including the bill. We weren't offered dessert (the other table was) so I assume they were trying to move us out, but the service was still slow. The food was very good. My burger was very good and my friend's steak was also very good. No complaints with the food at all, but the atmosphere was a little dead, and the service might be why.Special Features:
- Very average for the priceAmaker1Dined on 6/21/2014It is pricey but I am okay with that if the food is spectacular. I was very disappointed. I won't eat there again. My rating was accurate.Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsJlb3232Dined on 6/19/2014We were early for reservation and were treated grandly they seated us immediately. We were not rushed to free up table. We had a very enjoyable dinner. The food was excellent and cooked to our specifications. I will definitely choose this restaurant any time I am in downtown AustinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent atmosphere. Awesome foodrnmill01Dined on 6/19/2014Definitely recommend III Forks to anyone wanting to have a romantic dinner to celebrate special occasions. Service was impeccable. Food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- III Stars for III ForksSatDngDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant is a fantastic restaurant - great food, great service, great ambience.Special Features:
- Stellar steak, amazing servicesammichmakeraustinDined on 6/12/2014As usual, dining here was a pleasure. The food and service were perfect. I almost never eat dessert but can't resist it here. It's a great place to make someone feel special or just to enjoy an excellent meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RibeyeAustindinerDined on 6/7/2014We went on a Saturday night. There was a singer in the bar, her was really good. The restaurant was sour smelling when you walk in the door. We had a reservation for 2, they sat us in a booth which had place settings for 4. The hostess was reaching around us to pick up the other 2 settings. Clanking the glasses and silverware as she went. Could've cared less we were sitting there, just sloppy. The Tomahawk Ribeye was the only thing besides the bread and the server that we really enjoyed. Lobster bisque was dark and had a burned taste. The Shrimp was way overcooked and dark as well. For $240.00 it just wasn't up to par on what you'd expect.Special Features:
- Great Engagement Dinner.MikeyDined on 6/7/2014I took my fiance her and had a great dinner and experience. The only things that I didn't like as much as every thing else was the creamed corn and the sweat pea medley, but I'm not a fan of creamed corn or greens. Charlie was a great server and the ambiance was perfect for our situation. There was a jazz band playing, the lighting was perfect, the service was friendly, and most importantly the food was great. We each had the filets, 12 oz. for me and 6 oz. for her, both cooked to a perfect medium rare. It was our first time here and we loved it!!Special Features:
- Special Dining ExperienceCelebrateDined on 6/6/2014Excellent and tasty with outstanding and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerJulian10Dined on 6/2/2014I took my fiancé here for her birthday and it was the best meal Ive ever had. The steaks were amazing along with the sides. The service was on point.( I never had to fill my wine glass myself, nor did I have to ask). Wonderful atmosphere, very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Experience!NealRDined on 5/31/2014The service at III Forks was outstanding. My wife and I went for our anniversary. We mentioned that to the hostess, in passing. All night, the wait staff and even restaurant management acknowledged the special occasion. They were so pleasant and loved to talk about the food. it's nice when the wait staff is really proud of what they serve. On top of that, the food was outstanding - don't miss the bone-in ribeye steak. Perfection!Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseBeckyDined on 5/24/2014The ambience was rich and distinctive yet comfortable. Each course was excellent in quality and quantity. The best surprise was the additional offering of fresh corn and beef steak tomatoes with our entree. Wow! I can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go-to for special mealsfoodieloverDined on 5/24/2014I love this place! My mom flys in about 1-2 times a year and this is always the place she requests to go in Austin. The whole experience is always amazing. I highly recommend and have recommended this place to all friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.