II Samuels Restaurant
351 E. Henry Street
Spartanburg, SC 29302Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
II Samuels Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://twosamuels.com/
- Phone: 8645965080
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Two Samuels offers on and off-site catering through our sister company, Ribault St. Catering. Ribault St. Catering is a full service caterer. Check out more details at www.ribautcatering.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Two Samuels houses two private dining facilities. One, perfect for larger groups, holding up to 99 patrons, is perfect for rehearsal dinners, and banquets. Our second private dining room, is smaller holding up to 20 patrons perfect for private corporate or family dinners, seminars or pharmaceutical dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Carter Ridgeway 8645965050
A word from II Samuels Restaurant
II Samuels provides a dining experience of culinary delights and exquisite service, within a welcoming and intimate atmosphere. It is the culmination of inventive cuisine combinations, customer satisfaction, and over 30 years of restaurant and catering experience. If you are looking for a casual lunch experience or an evening of elegant fine dining, II Samuels is the place to go. Our evening menu changes weekly and is kept relatively small for the purpose of innovation and simplicity. We offer small and large portions of most entrées. All menu items are offered with suggested wine pairings from our wine cellar, which contains over 100 varietalsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
II Samuels Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Spartanburg ›
II Samuels Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)romantic (12)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- 5 starsMSS24Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food and service! Great for lunch or dinner. Comfortable atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary EveningAnnivMealDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed a wonderful 28th Anniversary Evening at II Samuels! Drove 40 miles to eat there and it was well worth the drive!Special Features:
- 27th AnniversaryTheLEOSDined on 7/19/2014We visited in a slow night. The restaurant was nice- what you would expect in a higher level eatery in a small town. Harpist was playing which provided a serene background to our dinner but did not intrude on the conversation. The appetizers were very good. I was disappointed that they did not have the braised ribs especially after seeing the menu did not include the rack of lamb I saw on the online menu. I ended up ordering the Veal entree and substituted orzo in lieu of lentils. Slightly unhappy with the breading on the veal especially as the breading on the oysters/shrimp appetizer was great. Atmosphere and wait staff was great. Wait staff was unobtrusive but mindful of the table and needs. Great first visit- will visit again soonSpecial Features:
- dinner at 2SWillieDined on 7/12/2014we ate on the covered patio on a Saturday night--the food was excellent, the beer was good, the service was excellent. my salad and pasta were very tasty and S's eggplant dish was really nice the overall price was reasonableSpecial Features:
- Always excellent food and serviceFrankJudyVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had the pork and salmon entrees and both were wonderful. Always a must stop for us when we are in Spartanburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseBookwomanDined on 6/3/2014Open Table reservations booked us in the intiment wine room. Very special. The food was superb, presented beautifully and service was excellent. The restraunt has an understated elegance but not fussy. Bravo Spartanburg! Returning for lunch today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLiv2eatDined on 5/29/2014Food is always excellent at this restaurant, from the appetizers to the desserts. The service could have been better. We had a group of 9 and the waitress took too long to get our orders with too much time between the meal and dessert as well. Wines were also good.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureDavidVIPDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I have been many times. We always enjoy. And we know friends who also enjoy the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food and service at II Samuels were great. My mom and I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for a job well-done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 117 reviews are from the II Samuels Restaurant reviews archive.
- Out of town dinerslwholtDined on 4/26/2014For what was supposed to be one of the better restaurants in Spartanburg, my party was disappointed with the main courses ordered. One had short ribs. They were overcooked and dry. The sirloin special for the night was flavorless but the risotto delicious. The pasta dish was the best of the entrees ordered. The service acceptable, however, a wine glass had to be returned. Items had dried on the outside of the glass. Oddly enough there was no apology for the dirty glass from either the waitress or management. The ambience was pleasant & the noise level minimal. The outside seating area seemed most pleasant. I wish I could explain away the above by saying they were extremely busy on a Sat night but that was not the case this night.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014It was ok, first time going. Excepted a more after hearing other talk about it.
- Our first time here and everythingAjithDined on 3/29/2014Our first time here and everything from the first step oin till our exit was perfect. Will do it again.Special Features:
- Perfect date nightYogagirlDined on 3/21/2014My husband and I always enjoy Two Samuels. Our last experience was for their 10th Anniversary celebration. The restaurant's new look was beautiful, the new menu was delish and the live music was delightful. I'd highly recommend this rare, locally owned, Spartanburg gem to anyone looking for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food appears to haveDisappointedDined on 3/14/2014Good food appears to have appeal to the locals. Ambience and floor plan was not what was expected. Did not have a cozy feel to celebrate a special occasion. Seemed more interested in a family type environment than intimate settings.Special Features:
- Better luck next time.ReenieDined on 3/5/2014My salad was less than filling. Tons of greens, few walnuts and feta, five thin slices of pear...disappointing, especially for the $11 price. Won't order their salad again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably GoodMertzDined on 2/18/2014This restaurant never disappoints. I open schedule it for lunch or dinner meetings with clients and they always deliver good food and good service.Special Features:
- Always a perfect dinning experienceebtwoDined on 2/14/2014Always a perfect dinning experience..............Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentLuvgudfudDined on 2/14/2014Great service and food. Loved trying items I wouldn't otherwise with the chef's taste menu. The braised short ribs were wonderful and the pureed sweet potatoes were divine.Special Features:
- Met "critic's" expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014My husband is very critical when dining out. He said his filet was perfectly done to his specifications and the spinach side was the best he has ever had. Our salads and entrees were excellent and the wine was quite good. We enjoyed the evening very much. When we have out of town guests, we bring them to II Samuels. The previous time we dined at II Samuels, we took our daughter and her husband who must have gluten free food. The restaurant staff was most accommodating. The chief even came to the table to be sure everything was all right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itChamDined on 1/31/2014This restaurant was recommended by our hosts at a nearby B&B as the best choice for a special occasion (my wife's birthday). It did not disappoint. The food was outstanding. I could have lived without the live music (solo guitar) but no doubt others found it added ambiance. The guy was good, we're just not big fans of that music. The place is pricey, so for us this is a special occasion place, but I could see us returning definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceTuckDined on 1/21/2014First timer. I chose restaurant off internet for something different for our 47th anniversary. Absolutely no regrets. Had requested a quiet table away from kitchen and we were placed in the wine room for a pleasant atmosphere, and provided a glass of champaign for the occasion. Had scallops for appetizer and were delicious. Ordered filet and barrel fish for entrees and both were very very good. Talked to owner before leaving and thanked him for helping make the special occasion special. We were put on their email list for special offerings. Coming from Hendersonville made it a 90 mile round trip, but the experience was worth it...we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodGolfproDined on 1/18/2014Our food was very good. All pleased with food. Ambience is okay, they try to make it pretty, but still a little casual feeling. But really only bad thing about entire evening was our service. Had a young girl who was very unattentive. Told her three times that three of us were there for Birthdays all that week and each time she expressed surprise! Our water was never refilled and wanted more drinks, but couldn't get her attention. Thankfully during dinner we had wine, so we were able to fill our own glasses from the bottle. .Eventually one of our group went to find her so we could have more coffee with our after dinner drinks and then she gave us attitude! Gratuity was added to bill. Usually we add extra, but not this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Spartanburg!Kat2427VIPDined on 1/15/2014I have eaten here several times recently and enjoyed everything. My husband loves the seafood farfalle. I thought he was going to lick the plate! Their olive oil garlic base flatbread is to die for. Also, the blue cheese dressing is homemade and delicious. Our server was great and the prices are good. I also love their lunch.Special Features:
- First time.RilesDined on 1/10/2014This was our first time to dine here and it was very enjoyable. The food was great and the service top notch. Will definitely go her again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I enjoy diningReenieDined on 1/8/2014My friend and I enjoy dining here when we have our once-a-month get together. It is quiet and we don't feel rushed---nice as we catch up with each other's lives. And the food is good, too!Special Features:
- Have eaten there numerousLOCALDINERDined on 12/14/2013Have eaten there numerous times. Food this time was ok, but it has been better. Menu options were not as pleasing and I ended up eating an old favorite. Gentleman at my table left hungry and not satisfied. Maybe because they are busy due to the holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked the relaxed atmosphere.Luv2dineDined on 12/11/2013Liked the relaxed atmosphere. The buttermilk fried chicken and the caramel apple pie were delicious. Wished the portions had been larger .Great place to celebrate a special occasion.Waitress gave us great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I I SamuelsJCCashDined on 11/23/2013Excellent food, service, and ambiance! Attention is given to making your dining experience above expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two out of four enjoyed theRobertDined on 11/22/2013Two out of four enjoyed the excellent Salmon. One at the table order the Pork Belly and thought it should have been an appetizer rather that an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good dining experience---goodwillieDined on 10/5/2013a good dining experience---good food--good service--good value the chef and then the owner came by to check on us and ask about food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Placefreedcaptive01Dined on 10/4/2013My wife and I chose to eat here for our 5 year wedding anniversary. We got a 5 o'clock reservation so we was the first people there to eat. Since they knew it was our anniversary, we was asked if we wanted to sit in the wine room which was very nice of them to ask. It was a very nice setting for us to be able to spend quiet time with each other. The service was great and the waitress stayed on top of everything. The food was quite wonderful! We will definitely be coming back again to enjoy a wonderful place to eat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress Lacked experiencefirsttimedinerDined on 9/24/2013The waitress lacked the experience to handle a larger table which resulted in multiple errors ringing out our checks.Special Features:
- Not as good as first time....CharlestonCatDined on 9/19/2013This was my second trip to II Samuels and I was a bit disappointed. We were a group of 4 and while everyone enjoyed their food, my tuna on a beet infused orzo was rather bland and the pasta was too. I guess their menu changes so the risotto I had my heart set on from their website was unavailable. Not saying don't do, but I value consistency in a restaurant so would think twice.Special Features:
- The ambiance is wonderful...broome45Dined on 9/13/2013The ambiance is wonderful... food superb to include special requests...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music and diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2013First time at Samuels. Became aware of a musician Paul Bowman......classical guitarist that plays at Samuels on Thursdays. Decided to travel there to see him and was pleasantly surprised by the food. It was half price off bottles of wine night. That coupled with a coupon and great music made the night a real pleasure. On top of it all the chef came out to talk to every table as well as the owner and he bought us desert. Will be back!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only negativeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013This is the restaurant that we pick for out-of-town guests. However, as someone who must remain gluten-free there are fewer than average offerings. Often I have to order 2 appetizers or a salad and appetizer to be sure to remain gluten-free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightBubbaDined on 8/24/2013We have eaten at II Samuels many times and never been disappointed.Special Features:
- A pleasant surprisejustcurtDined on 7/27/2013I live in Charleston so I have expectations of most restaurants! In my opinion, II Samuels would fit very nicely downtown Charleston and I would be a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/20132nd visit, this time to celebrate our child's straight A report card. Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Great little restaurant with great food.Special Features:
- Will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2013We had a very nice experience at the dinner. One thing I think should be mentioned on the website and with Open Table is that it is not really suitable for children.We had a 6 year old and a 4 year old. They had no booster chair and the menu is not really one that children would enjoy. The adults in our party loved it and will definately go back. There are not many upscale restrurants in the area and this one is a real gem!!!!!Special Features: