240 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://iguananyc.com/
- Phone: 2127655454x
- Hours of Operation:
SUN-WED 11AM TO 11PM - 11:30 FOR APPETIZERS
THURSDAYS 11AM TO 12AM - 1AM FOR APETIZERS
FRIDAYS - SATURDAYS 11AM TO 1AM - 2 AM FOR APPETIZERS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Come and explore what everyone is raving about. Our tri-level, fourteen thousand square foot facility has two working stone fireplaces, two spectacular waterfalls, three large mahogany bars, and two dancing lounges where New York’s hottest DJs spin. Come and enjoy Iguana’s Friday and Saturday night dinner and dance experience. Our two dance clubs offer exclusive VIP areas for your next group night out. Join us Wednesday, Thursday, for our after work salsa dance parties with free salsa lessons. Friday's and Saturdays ladies free all night. Sundays everyone is free doors open at 6pm. 21+ w/ proper ID.
- Special Events: Friday ladies free on both clubs and saturday ladies are free all Night on the lower club
Free Dance club open every Wednesday-Thursday & Sunday at 6pm.
A word from Iguana
New York’s premier Mexican restaurant and dance lounge. Our talented chef utilizes the culinary diversity of Mexico in the preparation of Iguana’s tasty fare. Iguana is the perfect setting for any occasion. Come and enjoy our 25 flavors of margaritas and mojitos. Try our weekend brunch with a wide array of dishes including fresh guacamole prepared tableside, crab quesadillas, sizzling fajitas, shrimp enchiladas, plus an assortment of mesquite grilled items including prime aged steak, tuna, and salmon. You will be pleasantly surprised to discover dishes you would not normally expect to find on a Mexican menu such as baby back ribs, Tex-Mex shrimp scampi, and vegetarian entrees, all prepared with a creative Latin twist. Complete your meal with a selection of our homemade desserts. We truly offer something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Iguana reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (22)neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (20)late-night find (17)hot spot (15)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (13)romantic (11)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014We wanted to eat at a restaurant close to Studio 54 and this fit the bill as it is a stones throw away from the theater. Food was very good. Definitely recommended. Our waiter appeared to get swamped towards the end of our meal so we had to flag down a different waiter to get our bill. The chili was delicious and they make a great flan. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best night: the best music!VinceBandNightDined on 10/14/2014Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks are an amazing band who play whilst the restaurant serves great Mexican food and American wine. Just a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MexicanLuvgr8foodVIPDined on 10/14/2014The food was great. We had guacamole that was excellent, better than many I've had before. The coconut shrimp was fantastic and cooked perfectly. The third appetizer was cut up shrimp with some veggies in an avocado-tasty, but not as outstanding as the other dishes. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotLuv2dineDined on 10/10/2014Good for a night out with the wife, or hangout with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IguanaMaruzellaVIPDined on 10/8/2014Beside the delicious guacamole prepared right next to you (!) the mojitos are just amazing!!! Very lively ambiance 😉Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful servicePatfromWyoDined on 10/7/2014Iguana serves wonderful Mexican food in a great atmosphere. The service was first rate and judging by how quickly it filled up, it is popular with the NYC locals. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- OveratedFoodieeeeDined on 10/4/2014Everyone kept telling me this place is nice, it was alright. The bouncers were rude, it was lame it felt like a weekday as oppose to a Saturday night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014excellent food and service staff was friendly and courteous and accomodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findTashaVIPDined on 9/30/2014We really enjoyed our meal. Loved the guacamole ...which was made at the table, would have preferred a tiny bit less salt..but still we ate the whole thing! We also had a steak fajita and a side of spinach. The steak was tender and very tasty. Service was fine and everyone was polite and accommodating. Was a nice atmosphere, not noisy...and we were easily able to have a conversation. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a little loudkcnyDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed the food but the room was really too loud for a real conversation. I would definitely go again in a group of friends but not really date friendly due to noise level.Special Features:
- Very GoodLuvNYCDined on 9/20/2014Food was very good, especially the fried avocado. It was a lively atmosphere perfect for group of friends or birthday gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014People were very friendly. Had a great selection of Margarita's. Very close to the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made to order?Jim59Dined on 9/19/2014I ordered a dish I make myself, grilled Tuna. The plate contained everything I make with it and it was better than mine! I'll have to try harder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very enjoyable dining experiencevm1220Dined on 9/13/2014We were in town from Chicago and the restaurant came highly recommended by a friend. Well, weren't disappointed . The Food and Service is OUTSTANDING !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater findLindaTVIPDined on 9/13/2014When looking for a restaurant near the Kit Kat club theater for lunch before seeing Cabaret, I found this restaraunt only four or five building from the theater. The menu read well, so we tried it. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I am not on 54th street often, but I will be sure to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware of cilantrodoriDined on 9/3/2014If you can not stand cilantro, this is not the place for youI would recommend this to a friend.
- Take your Mama to IguanaMsChiffDined on 8/31/2014We had great fun! Guacamole made at tableside was a real treat ! Just a suggestion - all flatware should be changed between courses without having to askSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Theater District spot!Rider66Dined on 8/31/2014This has become my go-to place for lunch before Broadway shows because the food is top-notch and creative, and the service is excellent. I'm surprised it isn't busier, but I suspect the club is probably hopping at night. Iguana serves a Sunday champagne (or tequila sunrise) brunch menu along with their regular options, and I've yet to have a dish that wasn't tasty, nicely presented, and well-prepared. The avocado fries alone are worth the visit, not to mention the bar, which offers enough creative drinks to keep everyone happy. The menu includes plenty of vegetable-heavy non-meat dishes along with the standard seafood, fish (fish tacos!), and meat items. And their Tres Leches is wonderful! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- viviDined on 8/29/2014I came to this restaurant for my 21st birthday dinner celebration and I can say I was not disappointed. The service was good and the food was great. The ambiance had a great Latin feel and the tables were both clean and comfortable. The wine selection was large and had great choices; however, I was not too fond of the mixed drinks. The only thing I would comment on negatively was the noise level-- it was quite loud even though the restaurant was not full and my friends and I had to scream at each other to be heard. Other than that however, I had a great experience at this restaurant and would come back again.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceNYkerDinerDined on 8/28/2014We were running on a tight schedule before a show. They were flexible with our reservation seated us quickly and got our drinks and orders quickly and timely so we easily had time to get to the theatre on time.Special Features:
- Iguana ..good proximity to theatreLIfoodieDined on 8/19/2014Food was ok, not great, not terrible. But very rushed service, we were going to a show and wasn't planning on lingering for hours, but every time a fork was put down, we were asked if we were finished. The restaurant was busy and I guess they needed tables, but we were out of there in less than an hour, having a appetiser, entree, desert and coffee. If we wanted fast food, we would have gone to McDonalds.
- Birthday CelebrationMochahantasDined on 8/16/2014I was kind of skeptical about this place because I wanted a fancy place & judging by the cheap menu price I was thinking it was casual. Upon arriving I was very pleased. Its such a nice layout the waiters are very friendly & fast. The food was very well made & affordable. My friends & i decided to hit the nightclub & the DJ was very good. He played a mix of every type of music. I enjoyed myself a lot. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible staffgoodfoodlover1Dined on 8/16/2014If I could give no stars for this place, I would. I'm vegetarian, but was given crabmeat quesadillas. I could've had a shellfish allergy. We got no apology, just a shoulder shrug and a comment about the order being put back in. Service was okay, but dealing with the incompetent and RUDE MANAGER named CARLOS & a mouthy hostess who had the full support of the incompetent Carlos was too much. My bf´s keys got lost, & she was RUDE, not helpful, way quick to dismiss him, & the keys were on her hostess stand the entire time. We left, came back the next day & my bf saw them behind the monitor. It was stressful and wasted time. Never again.
- Theater Distric RestaurantnicknameVIPDined on 8/16/2014If you like Mexican food, Iguana is a great theater district restaurant. The food is good even if your not going to the theater and the Margaritas are tasty.
- Dishonest Practices HereLocalLVDinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014We selected the restaurant for lunch after reviewing their menus online here. When we arrived, I noticed the pricing of the menu was different. I checked the Opentable app and saw that the pricing was the dinner pricing. We asked the waiter if there was a lunch menu and was told no. I went to the hostess and asked for the lunch menu and received it. We ordered from the lunch menu. We were there for about one hour. Throughout that time, every guest seated at the restaurant was offered the dinner menu only. These practices are completely dishonest and show the character of the ownership of the restaurant. I would NEVER recommend this restaurant.
- Festive spot near theater districtMarina2Dined on 8/11/2014I met a business associate after work, and other than the music being a little too loud for easy conversation, we enjoyed everything else. The service was excellent -- quick, friendly, efficient -- and the guacamole was made fresh right at the table. It was excellent. So were the margaritas (19 to choose from) and the quesadillas. The bill was reasonable, the atmosphere festive (lots of Christmas tree lights), and we would recommend the restaurant to others who want a tasty Mexican meal.Special Features:
- good group get togetherleelee923Dined on 8/8/2014went after work with a few coworkers.we enjoyed the drinks and the food.great after hour spot.good music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodWoodyDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant was good but not great. Nothing really stood out and made it separate from any other Mexican restaurant. However, the was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VinceMentaldietDined on 8/4/2014A big band experience in a small venue. the sound was terrific The food was just fair, but tasty. Go for the entertainment stay for the meal. the service was terrific and attentive. 20% tip added to bill. Skinny Martini was just right.Special Features:
- Disgruntled customer!HonestLexiDined on 8/2/2014We arrived 10 mins earlier than our scheduled reservation and were told that our reservations were given to someone else with my same name. (STRIKE ONE) Then were told we can either sit outside or in one of the club areas to eat dinner. We decided to sit in the downstairs club area. When we ordered our food, it arrived fast but was colder than what it should have been. My enchiladas were so cold that I could stick my finger through the middle of it. (STRIKE TWO) Then we ordered drinks, I got the frozen strawberry margarita but I could taste no strawberry! It was straight alcohol! I sent it back and ordered the citrus punch alcoholic drink, but again, it was way too strong! I had to mix it w/ sprite! (STRIKE THREE)! IGUANA SUCKED!Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014I have walked by so many times but glad I finally went in to eat. Feels totally different inside then sidewalk appeal . Nice dining room , Good food & good lively fib , would like to go back with a group of friends.Special Features:
- Eh - not so much.MandMDined on 8/1/2014The wait staff were VERY nice -- and the place was kid-friendly despite not having a kids menu... But the food was just okay and it really felt like more of a nightclub that hadn't gotten rolling yet. We had tacos and enchiladas -- and dessert -- and everything was just average. Not super pricey for New York - but I definitely wouldn't go again for the food - dancing maybe - but not the food.Special Features:
- still thinking about it..spicysmilesDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant supplied us with the best Mexican we have had to date. We try at least one Mexican restaurant in every city we travel too, and Iguana out shone them all. The service was excellent, the ambiance was just what this duo needed, relaxing, romantic, and fun. The food is still in my dreams, I think we ate our meals without speaking and with our eyes closed, it was a moment to be savored, I can not say enough good things about this whole experience, I will definitely be back on our next visit, which I hope is soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeMiltonDined on 7/25/2014excellent and attentive service from the staff. food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-show SpotBandPDined on 7/23/2014Second visit to Iguana just as good as the first. Went before a show and enjoyed a delicious dinner and margaritas served by a knowledgeable and friendly staff. Would have loved to try the table-side prepared guacamole, but just didn't have room. Maybe next trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yay, live music!retepnutnimDined on 7/21/2014Vince Giordano's Nighthawks are always the highlight of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety on menuJeebs67Dined on 7/16/2014The menu has something for everyone. The food is good and fresh. I had some picky people with me who loved it. This was my second time here and I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Really enjoyed the food. Margaritas were great. We were there at a quiet time which was perfect for us but it looked like things could really get going on the dance floor.
- Iguana reviewKevinDined on 7/10/2014My wife treated me to an amazing dinner for my birthday here. The service was perfect, everyone was gracious and accomendating. The food was top notch from beginning to end and their vast array of delicious margaritas had wanting to sample all of the selections. I would recommend this place ten times over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definite return!RJBNY52Dined on 7/5/2014Went for dinner with friends before a show. Service was attentive and timely. Drinks and appetizers were brought quickly. Entrees were brought in plenty of time for us to make the show, but not so fast as to rush us. Water glasses were refilled regularly. The food was terrific and the chef was flexible on spiciness. Fabulous margaritas and good mojitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 271 reviews are from the Iguana reviews archive.