6996 El Camino Real
Carlsbad, CA 92009Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ignitecarlsbad.com/
- Phone: 7604387800x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday -Wednesday 11:30am-10pm
Thursday - Saturday 11:30am-11pm
Sunday Brunch 11:30am-2pm "Bottomless Mimosas" on the weekends-it ROCKS
Happy Hour Everyday 3pm-6pm "Best in Town" Everyday!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Alex
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer several buffet selections, and a private menu.
We can accommodate any large party or occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Let us make your party our business.
Celebrate any special event here at Ignite.
- Private Party Contact: Angelique Backalukas 7604387800x
- Entertainment: Please see our calendar on our website. www.ignitecarlsbad.com for bands.
We will be offering cool tunes Thursday-Saturday starting in May.
LIVE MUSIC-- Friday Nights, Saturday Nights, and Sunday Brunch in the summer months.
- Special Events: We can host a variety of special events including Weddings, Rehearsal Dinner, Birthday Parties and more. Give us a call!
A word from Ignite Bistro
Ignite! brings you authentic Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas prepared in our wood-fired oven and created with Ignites' fresh mozzarella, made in-house daily. Our unique spin on the world of casual, yet polished American cuisine along with offering a great selection of appetizers, hand crafted salads, grilled steaks and seafood dishes. Our bar will be offering a large variety of cocktails and microbrews, as well as a mix of sports on our high definition televisions. Happy Hour is off the charts here with two bars (inside and out). Everyday from 3-6pm!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Ignite Bistro - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Ignite Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (22)scenic view (18)vibrant bar scene (17)good for groups (13)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (11)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)romantic (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food and service were excellent. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best Ignite ExperienceCSP22Dined on 8/6/2014We have been to ignite before and have had good experiences. This dinner experience was pretty bad. We waited 15 minutes to place a drink order. Waited another 20 minutes to receive the drinks. Cancelled our appetizers after waiting 40 minutes and when dinner arrived it looked like it sat under a heat lamp too long. All dishes were between bad to mediocre. Our server was unprofessional. She told us that service was slow because people got sent home early. Also shared that a table walked out on her and she would have to pay $300 out of pocket. She noted food was delayed because "the kitchen is messing with me" and she commented on the difficult customers at her other job.
- liveclosehfn51Dined on 7/26/2014Good food, nice to have a go-to place close to home. Service and ambience on this evening a little disjointed (brought to a table not yet cleaned, wait staff unclear re who was working our table), but food was all good and staff eventually got it together.Special Features:
- Reliably GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I've been a few times, and am always pleased at how friendly and caring the staff is to me as a single diner. Recently I've taken friends and they loved the food as much as I do!Special Features:
- lunch by the windowlyndaDined on 7/24/2014Wish I could recall the name of our waitress with the purple/silver hair. She was sweet and attentive. Food is consistently good. The view inside is a bonus.Special Features:
- Midweek neighborhood dinner.Andy123VIPDined on 7/22/2014Another disappointing meal. We are 0 for 3 here. Mixed up order. Crab claws on menue served w/out appropriate utensils. Apologizes made but no reparations taken. Too bad, so close to home.Special Features:
- Very helpfulHungryVIPDined on 7/21/2014My husband really enjoy dining here. Good food, great view. Good service, they are very accommodating to my husbands allergy. The manage went out of her way to assist us with menu items and followed up very professionally. Thank youSpecial Features:
- BrunchMKMNVIPDined on 7/20/2014Went here for brunch and the food was okay. The people that were with me really enjoyed the Veggie Omelet and Eggs Benedict. I had the Pancakes which were okay but not great. The waitress had to be asked to refill our coffee cups and then also to have hot not lukewarm coffee. The inside was warm and we also asked that the air be turned on. Maybe with the front door open they keep the air down which would be understandable. There were a lot of people out in the patio and they did have music. I would say if you want to sip an endless Mimosa and listen to music it would be a nice brunch place outside. I hope Brunch works because I know they are trying very hard and the location is very nice. We all did say we would try this place again.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised / Will returnWilfredDined on 7/17/2014Great food (twin medallions and salmon) and service. Server Alexis was checking regularly with us. Have and will continue to recommend. Thank you for a job well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go to Ignite oftenlyndaDined on 7/2/2014We love that Ignite takes our Passport Card and has a loyalty card program. The food, service, staff and view are great.Special Features:
- Best Gluten Free Pizza around!glutenfreeliving3Dined on 7/1/2014Ignite Bistro has the best gluten-free pizza around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cozy Grill with Good Foodout4aneveningDined on 6/27/2014IGNITE is a good place, reasonably priced. There is an extensive bar, but it's not a singles hang-out: there were families with kids, married couples, singles there - the whole spectrum. We ordered from the Specials menu that commemorated recent wild fires - restaurant name is IGNITE, afterall. We had salmon and sea bass entrees, both were beautifully cooked with good sides. Our table overlooked the restaurant's view of the Carlsbad hills to the east of El Camino Real - very pleasant. Service was prompt, attentive, competent and friendly. Menu was appealing and the selection sufficiently varied to satisfy any hunger. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceBOOMERDined on 6/27/2014All three in my party had a different entree and all were exceptionally tasteful! We always enjoy the "different" appetizers offered and are never disappointed. Lovely patio area but you can't make reservations for the patio. Fortunately for us, a table was available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Momof3VIPDined on 6/27/2014My daughter and I came for dinner. We shared the ribs with mashed potatoes and slaw. Amazing- fall off the bone tender. We ended with the famous s'mores dessert - so good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignite is great for brunchlyndaDined on 6/22/2014Our family celebrated Father's Day a week late at Ignite. Everyone loved their food, serice was great.Special Features:
- Always Great !Momof3VIPDined on 6/21/2014I love that both the food and the service are always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for what you getchoosyDined on 6/17/2014We shared asparagus, had a glass of wine and a salad each and spent $70. Was the quality, ambience, etc. worth that? No.Special Features:
- Very helpfulHungryVIPDined on 6/9/2014Thank you my husband and I had a great lunch there he is gluten intolerant and this server was very attentive and helpful with accommodating himSpecial Features:
- Ignite reviewReview4uDined on 6/8/2014Wonderful experience. Hostess had our table ready for us in a nice comfortable booth with a view. She was very friendly and had a beautiful smile and personality making it warm and friendly from the moment we walked in. Our waitress was just as sweet and provided excellent service. The recommendations were great and the food absolutely delicious. We were greeted by both the manager as well as the head chef, making us feel very special and again, a very friendly welcoming environment. The prices are very reasonable and again, the food was delicious. From our cinnamon rolls, man candy, burgers, fish tacos to omelette. Very nice music on the patio and an oyster bar inside. Also many wine choices for purchase. Highly recommend for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchBB1186Dined on 6/8/2014My Husband I went for our anniversary and they were sweet and brought us a dessert to share. The food was amazing and our server was great. she kept the bottomless mimosa's flowing :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Momof3VIPDined on 6/7/2014Ignite pizza is delicious. Markket green salad is yummy as well. Loved the martinis tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!Momof3VIPDined on 5/31/2014Had the Bri pear and honey pizza it was delish! Service was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful panoramic viewChrissieVIPDined on 5/30/2014This is becoming a regular dining spot for us. Friendly service and good food with a gorgeous view.Special Features:
- Good hangout; food is averageskylukewalkerDined on 5/23/2014Nice location, good outdoor dining area, nice lively atmosphere, food is pretty average.Special Features:
- would not returnbadfoodexperienceDined on 5/22/2014since we are new to the neighborhood we were excited about trying Ignite in hopes of finding a restaurant that we could frequent. We ordered two different appy's, crispy broccoli and crispy asparagus. They were both soaked with oil and had little flavor. The entree was a brie and pear pizza which was also full of oil and no flavor. The cheesecake desert was very average
- Beautiful viewChrissieVIPDined on 5/18/2014It was a good dining experience. Our wait person was so sweet and personable, she made our lunch enjoyable. The food was good, especially the deep fried crusted asparagus side dish. The spicy shrimp in the salad were very tasty also. I always enjoy Ignite because we get a window seat with a panoramic view of the beautiful La Costa valley area. It's casual relaxed dining.Special Features:
- consistenly great foodlyndaDined on 5/9/2014Consistenly great food in the neighborhood. We love the attentive service. The wait staff and fun and easy. A favorite spot for lunch.Special Features:
- The following 127 reviews are from the Ignite Bistro reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014Ignite continues to be our neighborhood "go-to" place. Service is attentive - dining area has great canyon view either by night or day. Food is very well prepared and interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014All natural and organic where possible. My gorgonzola sirloin medallions were excellent and my friends' drunken ribeye was fantastic. The service was outstanding. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Too little too longOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014It took a long time for the waitress to get us anything, and the food was really just mediocre. The location and ambience was great though!Special Features:
- a bad experienceDonHDined on 3/29/2014We had to flag two people down to find our waitress. My wife ordered a salmon entrée and I got a salad. She specifically asked that the salmon not come with mashed potatoes and with extra spinach: "No problem, of course." After waiting too long, the salmon was nearly raw. Eventually, the waitress and manager apologized, repeatedly. He said he would watch them finish cooking the salmon and have it on a table in 3 minutes. It was more than 15 minutes before it arrived, with mashed potatoes, no extra spinach.My wife made no further complaint and told the waitress that she would have a couple bites and then take the rest home. She had a few bites, asked for a box again as the waitress took away her plate. Of course, they tossed the salmon.
- the Ladies who Lunch..lyndaDined on 3/28/2014Five women had a wonderful time. Food was plenty and delicious. Service was spot-on.Special Features:
- Great family rest.TheHuntsVIPDined on 3/15/2014Ignite has a huge heated outdoor patio that was the place to be. We had an indoor table and surrounded with children. Sat night kids eat free - hence the crowd. The food was ok. The chicken in the caesar salad was bland and rubbery. The sirloin steak was perfect. And our other entree choices were ok. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fav place for lunch!!Momof3VIPDined on 3/14/2014You can't beat the $10 smokin lunch deal - a great salad and a whole wood fired pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The turkey burger and sweetbcoxDined on 3/5/2014The turkey burger and sweet potato fries were delicious. Had my favorite beer, Stone IPA. Our server was very energetic and friendly. Really knew the menu and had great recommendations.Special Features:
- Good food and wineRobertBDined on 3/1/2014Casual atmosphere, good wine selection of course. The food was excellent, we had broiled salmon. The server was a tad busy at first, but made up for it with her charm. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!Momof3VIPDined on 2/28/2014Bought a friend here for the first time and it did not disappoint ;) we had the smokin lunch deal and it was wonderful. The service was great and food even better. It's my fav place to meet friends for lunch :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise settingnanatayDined on 2/24/2014Very pretty view of the inland valley, all the tables are set to take advantage of this view. The seafood sandwich (halibut) was delicious, but the home made chips were a bit greasy and soggy. Service was good, but it did take longer than expected to be served our beers. Food service was good though. We had lunch here on a Monday, so it was pretty quiet. The outdoor patio was closed, but looked like it would be nice for a different day of the week.Special Features:
- A Great Find!SusieDined on 2/23/2014I bought a Living Social coupon and I never had great expectations when I'm receiving a discount, but Ignite really impressed me. My husband and I went early around 3:30 so it wasn't busy. We were immediately greeted and we sat in the bar for a little while and then went to the dining room for dinner. Keep in mind that if you like booth dining, there are only two. They were both full when we sat in the bar, but the waitress was nice enough to let us know when one would be available. Bar service and dinner were great. I ordered a Turkey Burger and I order them everywhere that offers one and I have to say, the best I have ever had. My husband ordered pizza and it was a nice thin crust with fresh ingredients. Try Ingite!Special Features:
- super fun mall joint!moodymomVIPDined on 2/16/2014how often do you have any expectations of a restaurant in an outdoor mall? i usually have zero. well... this place was so much fun, the food was perfect for the occasion and the staff was lovely. and how can you beat &5 moscow mules??? check it out!Special Features: