29 7th Ave. South
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.idosushi.com/
- Phone: 2126917177
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tora Yi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Ido Sushi
Japanese restaurant with live music. We are located in the historical West village in New York City. We are the only restaurant offering opera, jazz, rock music at the same place. We were reviewed in THE NY TIMES, NBC TV, WQXR,BBC etc. Chef and owner Tora has been running restaurants over 17 years. He's been running Ido Sushi with his wife Jane for the last 7 years. Ido has a family restaurant atmosphere and the freshest fish, meat and vegetables. Chef Tora believes that good food and good music will make customers come back. So come and enjoy!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ido Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
- Incredible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/27/2013We had early dinner reservations at Ido Sushi for a bachelorette party and it was amazing! The food was fabulous and we received special treatment for the bride to be with complimentary appetizers that were delicious. And the opera singers serenaded our friend with special songs to celebrate her occasion! I look forward to returning, maybe on just a regular evening, to truly enjoy the restaurant. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh SushiChrisVIPDined on 7/18/2013Very fresh Sushi even during hot summer months. Great food all the time year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere. Opera nightwaltevaDined on 6/26/2013Great atmosphere. Opera night is a great New York Experience. food terrificSpecial Features:
- Opera Night Rocks!!!newtenorintownDined on 6/8/2013I went to Ido for the first time last Saturday (6/8) and loved it. The owners are so wonderful and because of their love for music they have created something truly awesome for the community at large, but especially for the singing artists in town. I was able to just run 4 or 5 arias in front of a grateful audience. It was great to be able to sing for my friends who dined with me, random guests I didn't know, and meet other singers who'd come to perform as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushi and non-sushi!nekobabyVIPDined on 4/14/2013I am not a fan of sushi, but I made the reservation here for our group because I knew we had alot of sushi fans amongst us. What struck me the most was that even though I do not eat sushi, the menu of "cooked" food was extensive and delicious. Everyone in the party, including those who ate sushi, commented throughout our meal about how delicious everything was. I would have no problem going back again.Special Features:
- Superb Japanese FareOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2013Truly superb. The soft shelled crab appetizer is to die for. Extremely fresh sushi. Rather noisy due to the open mike but not obnoxiously so.Special Features:
- Everything was fresh. We didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2013Everything was fresh. We didn't have to wait so long for the food. The ambience was cozy and romantic. The prices were terrific. We definitely going to come back.Special Features:
- Very disappointing. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/15/2013Very disappointing. The food was mediocre and the music was so loud we couldn't talk. We would not go there again.
- The sushi-sashimi platterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2013The sushi-sashimi platter for two was just excellent. There were also live performers (which we weren't expecting, but were pretty good).Special Features:
- it is completely overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/24/2013it is completely overpriced. not worth the money. my friend and I got 4 rolls and a couple glasses of wine and the bill ended up being $170! I've had much better meals for that price. live music was great but I wouldn't go back.
- Ido Sushi Opera Night is a hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012This is a wonderful venue to enjoy great sushi and even greater opera performers! Opera Night on Wednesday and Saturday evenings are a definite must! The staff at Ido is also very accommodating. Even on a busy night they try their best to provide a great experience and customer service.Special Features:
- Go for the live music andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Go for the live music and raw osyters were only a $1 each when we were there!!Special Features:
- Sushi 4 Ur Body; Music 4 Ur Soul!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2012Ido Sushi is a guaranteed good-time...with awesome food, fun, music, hospitality and smiles the second you walk in the doors. Go with a group fr a party or alone and meet new friends. Family owned with family heart. Go on for Wednesday Sushi & Opera or Sushi & Jazz on other nights...healthy sushi for your body and greet live music for your soul! Love Ido Sushi...See you there!Special Features:
- A special place to dine.SherriDined on 9/29/2012They have live music on certain nights. Even Opera. The food is delicious.Special Features:
- I went to see how an operaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012I went to see how an opera could be produced in such a tiny space. It worked. Opera and sushi....a great combo. Monday nights, showtunes and standards; Wednesday nights, opera arias. The food is wonderful, the owners are warm and so very nice. A very cozy space.Special Features:
- Food was so-so but opera andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Food was so-so but opera and sushi? Who knew! Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, sushi preparedVibrantVIPDined on 9/10/2012Great ambiance, sushi prepared with love, special requests honored, the staff makes every person feel special. Excellent entertainment every night.Special Features:
- Delicious sushi, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2012Delicious sushi, excellent live jazz, and incredible service. Definitely could make a habit of this place.Special Features:
- Don't miss this neighborhood Gem!VibrantVIPDined on 8/22/2012The best sushi we've had which was prepared with special attention to our likes. Owned by a wonderful husband/wife team who are customer friendly and very accommodating. Also, there are different kinds of live music, e.g., pop tunes, opera, jazz, etc. there every night. The owners and diners make you feel as if you've been coming to this restaurant forever. Very congenial atmosphere.Special Features:
- Lackluster at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012I'm not difficult to please, but had planned a special night out with my grandmother. I requested a special table but when I got there and said I had a reservation, they didn't even ask my name, only shouted "How many? HOW MANY!?" After that the table that was seated after us was approached much earlier and served faster while we waited 10mins to place a drink order. When we finally did get our food, we had to flag down our server to get soy sauce and more water. I've had good experiences here before, but certainly not this time around.
- A real neighborhood gemandreasVIPDined on 8/4/2012Piano bar music in the backgroud, singing Sinatra, what a beautiful evening, try the seafood cooked in a shell and the king crab plate. A good, small and intimate restaurant to spend a good saturday night.Special Features:
- I have returned to Ido SushirrlernerVIPDined on 8/4/2012I have returned to Ido Sushi several times because I have never been disappointed with the quality of the food, the presentation of the food, the accommodating service and the relaxing ambiance.Special Features:
- Ido Sushi has the best sushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2012Ido Sushi has the best sushi. It's a small place and the decor is by no means modern but it's artsy and has a neighborhood flair feeling to it. There are pictures of people on the wall which I think might be broadway stars I'm not really sure, and the musicians there are good. Out of all of the Manhattan restaurants I wouldn't say that this restaurant is my first choice, but the sushi is so darn good that even though it is far from me, the decor is not really my taste, and I can hear the train inside the restaurant, I would go back to Ido Sushi especially for their Everything Salmon roll.Special Features:
- Excellent food and the headOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2012Excellent food and the head Chef and owner Tora is always a delight.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood secret!macnycVIPDined on 7/12/2012The meal was great - couldn't really understand why it was so quiet. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:
- I am passionate about goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2012I am passionate about good Japanese food, and this was definitely one of the best. Ordered Nabeyaki Udon, sushi, the tofu appetizer and drinks. Everything was excellent and really fresh. The service was very friendly and attentive. Went early since we had a show at 7:00, so it was very quiet, but it appears they have jazz and opera some nights. The restaurant is small and has a cozy atmosphere with a great view from the windows onto the street. We had more food than we could eat and the bill was very reasonable. Would highly recommend to anyone desiring really fresh and meticulously prepared Japanese food.Special Features:
- Ido had a great wait-staff;OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2012Ido had a great wait-staff; very friendly and nice. The atmosphere was nice if you were looking for a live music place (which was what my group was looking for). We found this on yelp because we wanted a place with live music. It was nice but I was in a group of 6 and it was very tight. The place is extremely small. Some may say it gives a cozy feeling though? I guess it depends on person to person
- Need to hire more servers;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012Need to hire more servers; was waited on by the owner, who was frankly a bit overwhelmed. Still, food was excellent, and well worth waiting for.Special Features:
- A great place to live operaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012A great place to live opera singers on Wednesdays and Saturdays! Unique atmosphere and delicious food.Special Features:
- The food was good and wellOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2012The food was good and well priced. The waiter didn't speak very good english.Special Features:
- Although a much smaller spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2012Although a much smaller space than I expected. The food, service and music were amazing.Special Features:
- We went to dinner here afterllllVIPDined on 3/24/2012We went to dinner here after an off broadway play. I picked this restaurant because it advertised live entertainment. The night we visited happened to be opera night. It was sort of an open mike for opera singers. This was entertaining if you like opera. by the time we were finished with our food, we were the only people in the restaurant besides the opera singers. The food was only fair, but the service could not have been better.
- The place is cozy, definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012The place is cozy, definitely not a typical sushi Japanese place..but really cute..a little bizarre to have live opera singing..though it gives an entirely different atmosphere. The place though is way too crowded and noisy to have live classical music. The place is highy overprices, mainly because of the live entertainment...but still you can tip the musicians..no need to have 10 sushi bites for 55$. Besides the cuisine is nothing extraordinary,rather mediocre sushi..and the waiter was quite rude... Went there for the music ..and the street view is nice, this is West village after all.Special Features:
- Opera singers were excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2012Opera singers were excellent and the sushi was very good. Service was lacking however since the waitress didn't know how to redeem the new Pulsd promotion voucher that we had purchased. And when the bill came, she neglected to take the price of the voucher off the bill.