1933 5th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.icongrill.net/
- Phone: 2064416330
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday 8am-11am
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Happy Hour: Every Day 3:00-6:00pm
Dessert Happy Hour/Late Night Happy Hour 9pm-close
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10:00am to 2:00pm
Lounge Menu available all day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nick Musser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering the Icon Grill for your upcoming event. Your guests will be dazzled by our vibrant atmosphere and "Aroused Americana" menu. We'll take care of all the details, so you can relax and enjoy your event! The Grill Room is available for private parties seven days a week.
- Private Party Contact: Shelley Bowers 2064416330
A word from Icon Grill
An oasis in city dining, this downtown Seattle location is whimsical in nature and comfortable without being boring. Icon Grill's "aroused Americana" menu showcases the higher quality ingredients in a sophisticated yet simple manner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Icon Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (38)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (33)great for lunch (25)romantic (17)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (10)notable wine list (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I had dinner at the Icon Grill. Enjoyed the deco. The food and staff were great. Tots were yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealAnonDined on 9/26/2014Reaonable price. Great food. Good wine. Nice evening outSpecial Features:
- Superb start to our eveningEmmDeeEmmDined on 9/13/2014Most all great for our group of four. We each had a different dish - fish tacos, molasses glazed meatloaf, beef sirloin bordelaise, blue cheese tenderloin medallions - All delicious! Service was timely, friendly, and unobtrusive. The $10 specialty cocktail in a martini glass...maybe four ounces in the glass. Won't order those again. Our last visit - about two months ago - these drinks came filled to the brim. What's up? The hot fudge sundae is fit for four people - trust me. Huge! Delish Olympic Mountain vanilla bean ice cream - yum! We were laughing as we left...SO full! Fortified for our comedy show! Fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The service was outstanding. Our waiter was excellent. The food was delicious. Our waiter gave us recommendations and he was right. I'll be back. Great food. Great service. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle Icon DeliversTracyCFBVIPDined on 8/31/2014Nice spot. Interesting decor. Service was good. Food was good - nothing as spectacular as so many other places in Seattle, just good dependable restaurant fare. I'd go back for brunch.Special Features:
- Plain and boring foodNonsenseDined on 8/29/2014Cool décor. Outstanding service. Noise level - more just loud than "energetic" Food - so so. One member of our party ordered the gorgonzola filet with roasted potatoes, which she loved. The other two ordered the double pork chop. The chops - while large - were plain and a little dry, served over boring mashed potatoes and the "seasonal vegetables" consisted of three green beans. Seriously. If I go again, I will definitely order something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday lunchladywholunchesDined on 8/26/2014My caprese salad and my dining companion's cobb salad were tasty and filling. The waiter was attentive and professional. The salad greens were in large pieces that required cutting at the table. It felt awkward to cut up the greens at table, but I've eaten here before and liked it so would give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place was greatGrizDined on 8/23/2014icon grill was fun and exciting, dinner was fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone. Really cool interior...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Icon GrillGutarmanDined on 8/22/2014The selection is not the greatest, but Man does it give the Taste Buds a FLING!!! Will return again from SoCal!Special Features:
- Great Food but needs a faceliftadventerouseaterDined on 8/10/2014The food alone will make me go back and our server was also tremendously pleasant and attentive. That said, the glassware, silverware and the dishware all need upgrades. The wine glasses at every single table were smudged and did not inspire one to want to drink out of them. My silverware was tarnished to the point that I hesitated using it. the backs of the leather chairs looked as if they hadn't been properly cleaned. The decor and walls near us were covered in dust and my table top also seemed as if it hadn't been properly cleaned in a while. All it would take is proper cleaning and my experience as a diner, would have been vastly improved. Like I said, the food was fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyRarelyeatoutDined on 8/10/2014We had a lovely birthday dinner for my husband at the Icon Grill; thank you for making his day special!Special Features:
- The Icon GrillkiwiDined on 8/7/2014Very enjoyable meal with great service . Got a lovely surprise dessert when they found out it was my birthday which was unexpected and appreciated . A little noisy but it did add to the atmosphere . I would definitely go back and so enjoyed all the glass , art , and interesting bric and brac around the restaurant .Special Features:
- Not great, but goodjlleaperDined on 8/2/2014They were having trouble preparing steaks the evening we were there. Med-rare came out well done, got sent back, and then came out very rare. They took it off our bill. Everything else was great, including dessert. The Server was a little dry and took her job too seriously, but overall we would return.....they take the Passport card too, which makes it a little more affordable.Special Features:
- Great service and food ...notanerdDined on 8/2/2014Dinner was very good but they have a late night dessert happy hour so we came back after our show finished to complete our meal experience.Special Features:
- Icon Grill never dissapointsAFAN123Dined on 8/2/2014Food and service excellent. The dining room is so beautiful and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RarelydineoutDined on 8/1/2014We go to the Icon because it is consistent. The staff is usually pleasant and the food is fine. We have some good memories of seeing Santa at lunch and warming up on a cold day in town. The atmosphere is nice but I can say we just go there to meet certain expectations, this last visit we needed to make a show and eat with friends who like standard American dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic at a PriceValueMealDined on 7/30/2014My second visit to Icon. The menu is eclectic, matching the restaurant's decor. Patrons were dressed in everything from business casual to flip-flops and baseball caps. Everyone on-staff was courteous. Open Table had reservations available on the hours (i.e. 6, 7, 8, etc.). We arrived early (at 7:30pm) on a Wednesday evening and were seated immediately. 'Wine Wednesday' meant that many of the wines were sold at half-price. The food was good, the service was attentive, and the location is central to the Waterfront. What's missing in this evaluation is price. For the price, the food 'met the mark' - nothing more. I'm no chef, but can make many of our dishes at home (with a little effort). At these prices, I expect a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceBluvDined on 7/30/2014Incredibly poor service-we went there for dinner and some of our order was "forgotten" my daughter commented that we received better service at Denny's. The waiter seemed distracted and overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Take your best friend here!THincRDined on 7/29/2014Icon is our "go to" place for out of towners, friends, business, etc, etc. Excellent "comfort food". Great, attentive service. I recently had the artichoke pizza and it was terrific. We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but SlowMinnieVIPDined on 7/29/2014The restaurant was hardly full at all and it still took over 45 minutes to get our lunch. It was good once it finally came out.
- Best Dessert in SeattleReviewer27Dined on 7/20/2014Amazing s'more chocolate marshmallow dessert!! All in all delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aromas, taste, and service.danasc91Dined on 7/18/2014You walk in the door and instantly get hit with an ambiance and aroma that draws you in. The food was to die for; a combination of what you loved about grandma's cooking and that new age flair that gives you something new. The service from chef nick and our waiter Edward was top notch. No mistakes; just felt like the staff bent over backwards for us. A must try; Icon Grill should be an icon for the great city of Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy2oldLadiesDined on 7/17/2014Food great and Edward our waiter was fantastic. He chose a delicious bottle of wine and was attentive and engaging. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude waiterClabontDined on 7/16/2014The waiter was extremely rude on the evening shift of 07/16. We were 15 minutes before 9pm, and asked about happy hour. He said there was no way to place an order in advance, and was incredibly rude about it. I understand policies are policies, but he didn't even understand normal social etiquette.
- not a memorable meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014I didn't love my meal. The Mac n cheese is not that special. If I wanted velvetta Mac n cheese I would make it at home. The tiger prawn penne: I doubt it was tiger prawns judging by the size of my shrimp. They were also grossly overcooked. In retrospect I should have let my waitress know that. The dish came with grilled bread that had a horrible fishy smell to it that made me glad I didn't get a fish entree. I was over charged for the penne that was immediately corrected but still I shouldn't have to point that out. I only have good things to say about the service. My waitress was awesome.Special Features:
- Loved the DecorCinhartDined on 7/14/2014This restaurant is filled with wonderful, whimsical glass art and fun things to look at. I loved the feeling. It was busy, but not too busy, we had a nice booth. I loved the women's bathroom, an old tv in the wall was playing a black and white movie. There is a big private room upstairs that will seat 14 and also a table for 4 overlooking the downstairs eating area. It would be fun to eat there. Overall, the food was good, the service was great and the ambiance was nice. We walked from 2nd Ave and it was an easy walk. We wanted to get away from the crowded feeling at Pikes Market and the Icon was perfect. I came here strictly by reading previous reviews.
- Marked for regular stop!rohaontheroadDined on 7/13/2014Finally, an eatery in Seattle we would visit regularly as locals! The ambiance and decor were comfortable with a dash of eccentric/cool. The waitress was friendly and didn't mind checking on anything we needed further info on, the food was accessible but not pedestrian, and the prices were reasonable for a hip restaurant that takes food seriously but wants to remain reachable for a larger audience. The coffee was also the best we've had at a non-coffee shop here. Highly recommend and will be going back!Special Features:
- Hidden in plain sight.MoGoDineDined on 7/9/2014Great food and wonderful service make this my "must go to " when I am in the city. It sits unnoticed in the heart of Seattle. Absolutely love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchLowMaintDinerDined on 7/4/2014This was a nice surprise to find a good brunch spot in the middle of downtown at a reasonable price at a restaurant best known for dinner. The Bloody Mary, at $5, was fantastic. I had the Hunter's Omelet which was nice and fluffy. The potatoes seemed to have suffered under a heat lamp for too long, but I liked the mixed in peppers.Special Features:
- Great Food with Great FriendsCinderella28Dined on 7/2/2014We have never had a bad meal at the Icon. Their service is always great, the food is varied and delicious. One of the few places in Seattle where you are able to order 'home style' dishes, i.e., meat loaf, mac & cheese, fried chicken, etc. Love the small plate selections too. Also, I'm happy that they have continued to accept Passport Unlimited cards for so many years. We've gone many times over the years and appreciate the round table they have for large parties and the private room upstairs. The service is always good even when we are with a large group.Special Features:
- You can do better for the priceZdinerDined on 6/28/2014Food is ok but nothing special compared to similar priced restaurant. Friendly but somewhat lacking service (in quality not quantity). Love the atmosphere. Lots of blown glass and interesting art.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantGFkikiDined on 6/28/2014Had the baja style tacos with the spicy grilled shrimp - so good! Shrimp was well seasoned and the plate was beautiful. Our server was wonderful - knew the menu, had insightful recommendations, and had a great presence. Plan to return to Icon Grill on my next trip to Seattle!Special Features:
- Good RestaurantallaboutthepairingDined on 6/26/2014I've only been a few times for dinner and it's always been good.Special Features:
- Firing on all cylindersslwilliamsVIPDined on 6/24/2014Visiting Icon Grill again after many years was a great experience, even better than I remembered and anticipated. Everything was outstanding! Can't wait till next time. Kudos to the management, kitchen staff, wait staff, and bar staff. Well done.Special Features:
- Shared apps with friendsJDubDined on 6/24/2014Two friends and I had dinner here before a concert at Benaroya. We decided to order a few appetizers to share. We had the tater tots, the Hog Wild mac & cheese, the tenderloin tips a blazin' and the crispy fish sliders. We all enjoyed everything except the fish sliders. These sounded so much better than they tasted, partly because the bun was dry and could have been softer. The fish got lost in the slaw and didn't have much taste, so because of that I wouldn't recommend them. Get the others though!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place- wish the food was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014Went for brunch this last weekend and arrived a few minutes early for our reservations to a 1/3 empty restaurant and STILL had to stand up front by the hostess area for 10 minutes waiting for a table. Our waitress was prompt but mostly distracted and not very friendly. I can handle all business from wait staff and usually it's a good thing, but this waitress just seemed like she'd rather be anywhere else. Ordered the Migas and was super excited, but it was really disappointing. Mostly scrambled eggs with some mystery meat and cojita cheese. The $13 cocktail was sparkling wine and pom juice. That's it...for $13. Anyway, I probably wont't be back. Always having to wait, strange staff and not great food makes this a disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mistake!hungrybadger5Dined on 6/21/2014We were visiting from Wisconsin, asked a local for a good breakfast place...he gave directions that we didn't follow correctly and found ourselves at Icon...and it was a Great Mistake...just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High cost, low quality rib eyeDesertvisitorsDined on 6/21/2014Both my wife and I ordered the rib eye steak. What arrived was a thin, fatty and grisly slab of mystery cooked beef. The two gentlemen in the next table had the same issue. The manager gave the customers a silly excuse. Our waiter was apologetic, but that doesn't make up for an expensive and mediocre experience.Special Features:
- positive4foodDined on 6/21/2014Great service, warm and comfortable atmosphere, delicious food competitively priced with seasonal specials. Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and made it to our evening theatre performance in plenty of time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014We cancelled reservations at another restaurant to eat here and were not disappointed. Food was fabulous, waiter was very attentive & knowledgeable. Great evening.Special Features: