1933 5th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.icongrill.net/
- Phone: (206) 441-6330
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday 8am-11am
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Happy Hour: Every Day 3:00-6:00pm
Dessert Happy Hour/Late Night Happy Hour 9pm-close
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10:00am to 2:00pm
Lounge Menu available all day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nick Musser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering the Icon Grill for your upcoming event. Your guests will be dazzled by our vibrant atmosphere and "Aroused Americana" menu. We'll take care of all the details, so you can relax and enjoy your event! The Grill Room is available for private parties seven days a week.
- Private Party Contact: Shelley Bowers 2064416330
A word from Icon Grill
An oasis in city dining, this downtown Seattle location is whimsical in nature and comfortable without being boring. Icon Grill's "aroused Americana" menu showcases the higher quality ingredients in a sophisticated yet simple manner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Icon Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)good for groups (57)special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (51)romantic (50)great for lunch (37)kid-friendly (18)great for brunch (17)late-night find (17)hot spot (15)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great lunch spot in Seattle!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014This is a great lunch spot in Seattle. It's a very unique place that really has fascinating art decorating all of it. Our food took a while to come out, but it was great food as well. Good service. I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EatsMG82Dined on 11/19/2014Second visit w/out o town guest and loved it. Would return to it. Went uring Dine Around Seattle and were seated at a nice booth for two. Excllent apple, goat cheese salad. Buttery lightly breaded sole was prepared perfectly and tasty. The sundae was perfect topper for the meal. Served in a hin butery cookie bowl. Topped with mini M&Ms, sliced strawberries, granola, and whipped cream, incl. Side of fudge. Needless to say, for lunch it was a good value with gensrous portions. Service was good but could've come by more often but a botle of water was left at the table. Ambiance was cool with all the blown glass and interesting items on display... like a frame made of bottle caps. It looked like an old theater and a spiral staircase led to upsatirs offices. We would return and recommdnd to others to enjoy.ySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little cold...CynthiaDined on 11/15/2014My boyfriend and I found this spot last minute as we were staying downtown. Icon Grill was very close by and their menu looked great for breakfast so we decied to give it a try. We were one of the first people there on a Saturday morning. The place doesn't really get busy unless there's a convention going on downtown... It was nice to have a quiet place to ourselves. You would think that this would mean great food and great service. Well. They got the service down. Our server was attentive and overall did a good job. Our food on the other hand... First of all. At 9am when you have no other customers, you should cook ALL of your food to order. Meaning, you don't prep all your breakfast potatoes and leave them in a pan to then serve to guests half an hour later because guess what... it gets cold. Secondly, if I'm ordering an eggs benedict and my order will take the longest, the kitchen should probably do a much greater job at timing out the dishes so my boyfriend's plate doesn't come out cold. Regarding the taste of the food - that was delicious. But unless you like cold food, I wouldn't go.Special Features:
- Comfort Food in Comforting Ambience!cbabeejDined on 11/12/2014I love the ambience of this warm & inviting restaurant! I have been twice in the past two weeks, once with girlfriends & then I had to bring my husband back to experience it. Both nights it was packed, but the noise level is comfortable & inviting, you're just happy to be part of it! The menu is primarily modern comfort food, with a nice variety of options to choose from. My husband had the Tenderloin Tips a Blazing (great flavor, a bit chewy) and we shared my Potato Wrapped Halibut served on a bed of spinach with lemon...it was perfectly cooked & delicious! Service was pleasant & attentive, the decor is great fun! It will take a couple of visits just to encompass it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely timeblueskywandererDined on 11/11/2014We sat near the window, had impeccable yet unobtrusive service, and delicious food from the prix fixe menu. It was a great venue to catch up with an old friend... And such wonderful ambiance! A downtown gem.Special Features:
- Great. Period.ShukujiDined on 11/8/2014Honestly my favorite restaurant in Seattle. I found this place while wandering around one day. Best find ever. Since then I've been back many times, thoroughly enjoying everything I've gotten there. While it isn't cheap, it isn't a place you need to plan to go to. A good place for a family dinner out. TL;DR it's a great place that isn't crazy expensive 10/10Special Features:
- Great dinning experienceMok419Dined on 11/8/2014Steaks were great. Cocktails were delicious. Our serve Devin was very attentive but also gave us space. Only complaint would be the tables were pretty close together. I felt like people were walking right behind my chair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but hot mess waiterHouseofMDined on 11/7/2014As always the food was phenomenal, but the service was shoddy. Our waiter forgot my boyfriend's drink, although he did comp it when he finally brought it. When clearing the plates he dropped most of the silverware causing a lot of noise and spattering of food. He seemed really overwhelmed. And since it was my boyfriend's birthday dinner, it was a little disappointing to have such poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retro FunRAZZMOVIPDined on 11/7/2014Icon Grill is always a fun and happy place to go. The menu reminds me of decades past of which I have very fond memories. The food is great and the service is prompt and attentive. Excellent wine list with many reasonably priced options. A great experience and a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingShellDined on 11/6/2014This is our second try here. Although we were not impressed the first time we decided to give it another chance since it seems to be a favorite of so many people. Both times have been disappointing. Decor is nice and service was fine but the food was not good. On this visit my husband and I both had the tenderloin and it was anything but tender. Very tough, poor flavor, without a doubt the worst steak I have ever had. My husband and I both agreed it was our fault for not sending it back or letting the server know, however, after checking back one time as we took our first bite she did not return until after someone else had taken our plates with our uneaten steaks.
- A Little DisappointingsuzellaVIPDined on 11/5/2014Service was very slow and our entrees were disappointing.Special Features:
- DisappointedLuv2dineDined on 11/5/2014Went with a group of co-workers to celebrate. The service was terrible. It took 45 minutes to get our entrees and when they arrived the were barely warm.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014We discovered Icon Grill by chance, and are definitely going to become regular visitors.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencefood4uDined on 10/31/2014Had a wonderful dinner with our family.. to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday! The restaurant is Iconic.. and was perfect setting for an iconic birthday.. the food was great too! A great place for a special event or simply a great meal!Special Features:
- CheriovoDined on 10/29/2014For some reason, this time the food was not up to Icon's usual quality. Chicken tenders were overcooked. Potatoes and gravy were lukewarm and lacking in flavor. The butternut soup was OK but not the consistency I expected - should have been more of a puree. The hot fudge sundae was fine. Perhaps they were busier than usual due to Restaurant Week, but I was disappointed.Special Features:
- Fab FoodMG82Dined on 10/28/2014Went for lunch during Seattle Restaurant Week. Had the delicious pear salad. Had chicken strips but a tad bit dry but still great with mashed potatoes and broccoli. For dessert, I had the PB bread pudding. It was delicious. Portions were small enough to finish each course since I had to return to work. Service is outstanding. Loved the ambiance. Guest enjoyed the squash soup, delicious meat loaf but he was a little disappointed with the apple crisp dessert. He felt it was ordinary compared to the meat loaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014While most restaurants limit themselves to 2-3 choices per course, Icon Grill offers a robust menu for any diet or appetite. Vegetarian and gluten free choices are available at each course. Main dishes include a vegetarian risotto, and a fish, chicken, pork and beef entree. The ambiance is pure eye candy with art covering every space of wall and Chihuly glass adorning the ceiling.Special Features:
- BusinessDinerDined on 10/23/2014"Icon" is a great name due to its very unique décor, which makes the dining experience quite enjoyable. The menu provides a nice variety and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Their 3 for $30 LackingMAnnDined on 10/22/2014The ideas were good; but execution marginal. The grilled pear salad needed more grilling of the pear, or thinner slides or cut for the salad. Pork in Marsala sauce was tasty; but overwhelmed by the mashed potatoes and undercooked broccoli. Andy why the tomato quarters. Not a blend for the taste mix. Dessert was yummy - more comfort food than sophisticated end to the earlier selections. But will go back because the ambiance was charming, service excellent and just the right ending to a movie date.Special Features:
- Seattle Restaurant WeekLibbiDined on 10/22/2014We have been to Icon Grill a number of times, for a number of occasions. This time we had a little problem with making our reservation, as traffic was not in our favor. We called a number of times to update them on our timing. They so generously offered to move our time. We made it with 2 minutes to spare!! We were quickly seated in a great both overlooking the dining room. The server came over immediately and took our drink order. We all ordered our dinner from the Restaurant Week menu. The Grilled Pear Salad was amazing. I would go back for that over and over again. The main dish was very nice, lemon sole...yum! I decided that for dessert I would try the banana bread pudding with PB and Bacon...Different but yum!!Special Features:
- Great experience.happyDined on 10/22/2014I will d.efiantly return. Best waiter I have ever had. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very interesting food-good valueJayBeeDined on 10/22/2014The lunch special during restaurant week featured some very interesting choices. We have been here twice now and have very much enjoyed the food. Despite the hassle with parking downtown, it is worth a trip now and again.Special Features:
- Not as good as previous visitsTheWizDined on 10/22/2014We decided to go to Icon Grill because I had been there before and it was restaurant week. Usually service has been pretty good on previous visits but the server was not that attentive this visit. We had to ask the waitstaff that brought our food to get the drinks that we ordered. It also took a fairly long time after finishing our main lunch item to get our dessert and also again to get our check. The homemade tater tots were good but I have had better recently. The chicken pot pie was a bit strange to me. It was less pot pie and more soup with a biscuit in the middle of it. I would say that it was just so-so. All in all I will probably come back and hope that the food and service is more like my previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerEandLCBDined on 10/21/2014We chose this restaurant before attending a play down the street. It happened to be Restaurant Week and the offerings were very exciting, so we chose from that menu. Appetizers were good, entrees full-sized portions, and desserts yummy. Our server, Chris P., was knowledgeable and perfectly attentive. If we were to have any complaint, it would be too much food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown ease.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014If you're heading to a concert anywhere downtown, the Icon Grill serves up good food at reasonable prices and within walking distance to many venues. The wine selection was excellent and the food very good. I didn't give 5 stars for a few incidental reasons. We had a reservation, there wasn't a table ready for another 20 minutes after we got there, however we were sat right away in the bar. Not a big deal, but the open sign was right beside me and was a bit of a distraction, I used the menu to block it's effective, but very bright light. The ribeye had good flavor, I know due to fat content, but this was about 1/4 of the steak, too much in my mind.Special Features:
- Icon GrillsecretgetawayDined on 10/18/2014This was an amazing place, the manager and the staff were great, and we were treated as thought we had been there before and were just old customers coming back, we arrived early and sat in the lounge for a glass till our reservation was ready and we never felt rushed to get to our table.. outstanding place and definitely on our dining list from now on.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceStoweskiDined on 10/18/2014We really enjoyed our breakfast at the Icon Grill. The ambiance was nice and comfortable, the service was perfect and we both loved our breakfasts. My wife had a traditional Eggs Benedict and especially shared that the ham had exceptional flavor and the sauce was overpowering. I had a crab eggs benedict and it was great. Everything about the meal and experience was perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014This is a favorite when we come to Seattle. The good is always wonderful, the ambiance funky and fun. The service in this visit wasn't as stellar as in the past, but still good. Things seemed just a little off but we still had a great time. Desserts are incredible. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown findMarkDined on 10/17/2014Took a group of business associates here on the last night of a conference. The location was convenient. The service was excellent. The food was great. The Peanut Butter Bacon Banana Bread Pudding was to die for!Special Features:
- Wonderful service, food, ambianceKWfromWSDined on 10/10/2014Lovely space with blown glass and art surrounding you. Excellent service and the food is anything from Mom's comfort food to fresh fish and steaks. Cocktails are some of the best in the City, inventive and tasty. We brought an out of town guest from LA who has eaten out all over the world, and he loved it!Special Features:
- Unusual experienceTGF58VIPDined on 10/10/2014I've been to Icon Grill a few times before an have always enjoyed my experience but this time around, the food seemed to be a bit off. I had both the salad special (apple, walnut, blue cheese) and it was very good but the lamb shank special was somewhat bland which was disappointing. In the end, I'm hoping this is just an off night and will be returning to the Icon Grill an confirm that for myself.
- They Took Away My Fav Dish!LoyalCustomerDined on 10/7/2014I haven't been to the Icon Grill in awhile but ate there recently. I always order the Chicken Provencal which is out of this world. I was disappointed it wasn't on the menu anymore. I was very happy with my alternate choice but... : (Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014Terrible food. Terrible parking. Restrooms smelled. Not really sure how this place stays open.
- Great MealcasualdinerDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I had dinner at the Icon Grill. Enjoyed the deco. The food and staff were great. Tots were yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealAnonDined on 9/26/2014Reaonable price. Great food. Good wine. Nice evening outSpecial Features:
- Superb start to our eveningEmmDeeEmmDined on 9/13/2014Most all great for our group of four. We each had a different dish - fish tacos, molasses glazed meatloaf, beef sirloin bordelaise, blue cheese tenderloin medallions - All delicious! Service was timely, friendly, and unobtrusive. The $10 specialty cocktail in a martini glass...maybe four ounces in the glass. Won't order those again. Our last visit - about two months ago - these drinks came filled to the brim. What's up? The hot fudge sundae is fit for four people - trust me. Huge! Delish Olympic Mountain vanilla bean ice cream - yum! We were laughing as we left...SO full! Fortified for our comedy show! Fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The service was outstanding. Our waiter was excellent. The food was delicious. Our waiter gave us recommendations and he was right. I'll be back. Great food. Great service. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle Icon DeliversTracyCFBVIPDined on 8/31/2014Nice spot. Interesting decor. Service was good. Food was good - nothing as spectacular as so many other places in Seattle, just good dependable restaurant fare. I'd go back for brunch.Special Features:
- Plain and boring foodNonsenseDined on 8/29/2014Cool décor. Outstanding service. Noise level - more just loud than "energetic" Food - so so. One member of our party ordered the gorgonzola filet with roasted potatoes, which she loved. The other two ordered the double pork chop. The chops - while large - were plain and a little dry, served over boring mashed potatoes and the "seasonal vegetables" consisted of three green beans. Seriously. If I go again, I will definitely order something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday lunchladywholunchesDined on 8/26/2014My caprese salad and my dining companion's cobb salad were tasty and filling. The waiter was attentive and professional. The salad greens were in large pieces that required cutting at the table. It felt awkward to cut up the greens at table, but I've eaten here before and liked it so would give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.