538 Manning Ave
Toronto, ON M6G 2V9Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jpco.ca/
- Phone: 4165360079
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:30 pm -10:30 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Chef Jean-Pierre Challet
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: Partout is Jean-Pierre + Company's full-service, boutique catering business. From 2 people to 2000, for corporate or private events. We create custom menus of delicious food and provide professional, elegant service. Our first step is to understand what will truly please you.
- Private Party Facilities: ici is available currently for buy-outs Sunday-Tuesday night for dinner and most days of the week for luncheons. Our bistro accommodates 20 people for a seated dinner and 35 for stand up receptions. For these private events, ici is happy to offer custom menus and provide professional, friendly service to suit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Joanne Chimenti 4165360079
- Cross Street: Harbord Street
- Public Transit: Bathurst Station is the closest subway station. Take the 511 streetcar south to Harbord and stroll 2 blocks west along Harbord Street to ici located at the corner of Harbord and Manning.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample street parking available on Harbord Street after 5pm as well as on side streets nearby.
A word from ICI
Ici's open kitchen and eclectic decor create an inviting neighbourhood bistro experience. Our menu offers a unique reinterpretation of French cuisine we like to call, Cuisine Nouveau Classique. We are proud to bring to you a wine list offering over 30 wines by the glass as well as an extensive bottle list from producers who are considered among the best in Canada and France. Food, wine & happy people are the things we are most passionate about! ici is a welcoming 24 seat bistro with half of its seating arranged as comfortable, bar-style seating for 2. Due to our intimate size, our maximum party size is 4.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ICI reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance2Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Open Tables service is lackingLuckygardenerDined on 6/7/2014This review is mostly about you and your awful service and why our dining experience is only 3 stars. If it was just for Ici itself it would be 4, for Open Table it would be zero. Ici itself is a fine place but it is no longer on Harbord and Manning yet your reservation notices never mentioned that it had moved to the Windsor Arms. Even the morning notice you sent reminding me of my reservation still had the old address on it. We ran around like crazy until we found out where the restaurant was. When I complained to the Windsor Arms when we finally arrived the hostesses there informed me that you had been told about the move. Get with the program or get out of business. CarolSpecial Features:
- Everything was deliciousJazzardDined on 5/31/2014Highly recommend the trio of steak tartare and the seafood combo. We will definitely go back to try other items on the menu. Note: the location has moved to Windsor Arms Hotel! We didn't know that, so went the the original location first. Luckily it wasn't too far to the Windsor Arms from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is closedjjsimpDined on 5/24/2014My experience with ICI was definitely disappointing. I booked my reservation and received confirmation via Open table with not from the restaurant itself. I didn't think much of it but then when I showed up at the location the restaurant had closed. After some research I found that is had moved to the Windsor Arms Hotel. They have agreed to honor a gift certificate I had but I would suggest you take them off of your listing. Thanks Jennifer
- They've MovedTM234Dined on 5/24/2014Even though their website says they are still at Harbord and Manning, they've moved to the Windsor Arms. We ended up standing outside a closed up restaurant on Harbord St. When we called, they didn't seem surprised or concerned that we'd arrived at the wrong place. The new room is stuffy and lacks all of the ambience of the original restaurant. A visit to the restroom requires a trip through the lobby, up an elevator and a walk to the other side of the hotel. All in all, this is a big step downwards from what Ici used to offer.
- Service needs improvementNicoVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food was great but service could use some improvement. The wait time between courses were about 30-40 minutes. Our server may have been new, she didn't know the food she was serving and could not explain it. When asked, she reached out to another server but incorrect info was given. Ie. She said an item was scalloped potatoes and it turned out to be a pastry. Overall, the old location was better, food is good but I wouldn't go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I wanted to love this restaurant. After seeing all the amazing reviews I booked my dinner a month in advance to celebrate a special occasion. This was the first weekend the restaurant was open at the new Windsor Arms location... the entire evening I was distracted by the tables around me complaining about the service or waiting for the food. Such a disappointment. Also, the bathroom is up an elevator and across the hotel - very inconvenient!Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2014They moved their location to the Living Room in the Windsor Arms, which I guess is more spacious (I didn't have the chance to go to the old place). They served the same menu but the wines from WA are much more expensive (I learnt later that BYO is $25.- corkage). The foods were fantastic. Beef tartar was flavorful & creamy. The croquets is a must have. Foie gras dual's pan sear was a little overdone. Lobster bisque was light with no cream but a citrus ginger foam. The calamari was OK but not gorgeous. The Beef tenderloin was still great despite that we were full. The Grand Marnier souffle was worth the 20 min. wait. I will be back definitely, now that reservation will be easier, but will BMOW. Thanks, Madison/Al for great service.Special Features:
- New beginningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2014We loved Ici on Manning and Harbord. The food is still superb, and the new room is an enchanting improvement. But the service needs closer attention. We already have another reservation, but hope that the service has improved by our next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointed.TOfoodieDined on 5/3/2014I had high expectations going in to dinner but not one thing met those expectations. Service was terrible, even at 9:45pm when the restaurant was almost empty. We waited 20 minutes for a server to come give us menus after sitting down! Then a long wait to just get drinks. Food took forever and was not good at all. No bread or crisps to go with charcuterie. I guess they just expect you to eat chunks of pate with your fork! I would never ever go back. There was not even an apology for the long waits or an adjustment to the bill. You get better service at a chain restaurant.
- Food still amazing, but diff. vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/2/2014The food at Ici is consistently wonderful. Unfortunately, while the new Windsor Arms location is pretty, the ability to enjoy that wonderful meal in a quiet romantic setting AND interact with Ici's staff, including its chef JP Chalet, seems gone. I was very disappointed to be seated near a large group who were so loud (only because of their numbers) that I could not hear my husband or the waiter at times. Sadly, I'm not sure if we'll be back to this location.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, poor servicesibaritaTODined on 5/2/2014The food keeps the high quality standard from the previous location. The new location is inside a hotel with very poor quality service.
- A true gem!theappreciativegrazerDined on 4/25/2014We live in the neighbourhood and were delighted when chef JP Challet's opened this spot nearby a few years ago. We have since enjoyed many extraordinary meals here. The menu has changed considerably over the years, always introducing remarkably creative twists to the french standards. Our recent meal there was no exception. The trio of steak tartare is a marvelous pairing of flavours and textures. We also had a crispy skinned, unbelievably moist branzino and an astonishly good scallop dish. And we never leave without having the grand marnier soufflé - an etherial finish to any meal! We learned that this was the second last night of ICI at this location before it moves to the Windsor Arms Hotel. We shall miss it greatly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look forward to our next visit .DinnerfortwoDined on 4/23/2014We were there for dinner and had a very delicious and interesting meal. The service was excellent with a great deal of help from our server, Rosalie, who helped us with food descriptions and our wine choice in a very pleasant way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/4/2014Truly one of the best dining experiences I have ever had in Toronto, or anywhere. It is a shame they will soon be relocating to Yorkville - hopefully it will stay true to its food and ambience (and value).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally Got There - Worth the Wait!ClassicEatsDined on 3/29/2014We could never plan far enough ahead to get a reservation until now. Four of us shared a lobster bisque that was classic, but modernized by the large, lemon-grass [?] scented shrimp and topped with a milk/cream foam that really kept it light. The steak tartare was perfectly seasoned - the best we've ever eaten! The spicy merguez were beautiful as was every part of the lamb plate. The beef and mashed were good - only the bone marrow croquettes were underwhelming. The dessert soufflés were delicious and expertly handled. Service was knowledgeable and friendly and the room simple and casual, but not sloppy. For twos who might be put off by the idea of being seated bar-style - don't be! Those seats were very nicely arranged and quite private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French dining at its best!AaronDined on 3/28/2014Amazing food all the way around. The escargots was simply terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to see you go...neighbourladyVIPDined on 3/28/2014We'll follow you to the Windsor Arms but it just won't be as selfishly cozy as having you around the corner. Good luck with your move! See ya soon.Special Features:
- Ici was wonderful as alwaysWestendDinersDined on 3/27/2014Two of us dined at Ici Bistro earlier this week. We shared the charcuterie platter which was great for two with wonderful variety. One of us had the lobster bisque which was pronounced "wonderful" - full of flavour but not too rich. The other had the duck which was tender and very tasty. We both opted for dessert soufflés - one Grand Marnier and one chocolate. Both were excellent - airy, not too sweet and flavourful. We did not feel overly stuffed despite the dessert indulgence. We hope the quality will remain the same after Ici migrates to Bloor St. W. The service was excellent - friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food!Jan1Dined on 3/26/2014It was my second time visiting this wonderful restaurant. Excellent food and wine and sat by the window on very comfortable stools. Particularly like timing of the dishes and waitress coming by to check our enjoyment of meal, no rush and do hope when Chef moves to Windsor Arms, experience remains the same. Over all a lovely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scrumptious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014I don't know why it took me so long to go to ICI Bistro. It was amazing. Our waitress was extremely helpful in guiding us through the menu and helping us decide what to eat. The scallops were to die for. Can't wait for the new venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food combinationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Went for a birthday dinner. Menu was full of interesting combinations. Really appreciated that all of the menu items were available in appetizer or entree sizes. One of our party ordered the cheese plate for dessert (chef's choice) and was thrilled with the selection. Not all of the choices were favorites. Would recommend the braised beef and the ginger salmon as outstanding. The scallops and lobster entree was a bit too spicy (hot) for our taste, but all in all an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!ACPLDined on 3/21/2014Wonderful meal for 2 on a busy Friday night. The food was spot on and the service was attentive. Highlights of meal included: steak tartare trio, squab, and the cocktails. Appreciate the option of smaller portions so you can try more items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, great foodHenryDined on 3/14/2014Every visit at ICI BIstro, the food was simply amazing. Great job to Jean-Pierre, RomainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were wonderful!!!SilverButtonDined on 3/13/2014Food and service were wonderful!!! It was extra special sitting at the chef's table! Will definitely return! Thank you for a wonderful evening!! Make sure you get the soufflé!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding French foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014The best French Cuisine Go eat there before they move to a much bigger place, shortly and then who knows what might happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodemmmDined on 3/12/2014It was a good meal but it didn't feel $200 good which is what we spent including 3 beers for two people. This was our second visit. Maybe the first time is always the best. It lacked the finishing touches on the second visit. The potatoes were oily, the merguez was a bit mushy, the tar tar was bland. Little things like that. The fois gras was very good but not sure that was made in house, the scallops were lovely, the charcuterie was as good as expected. Imagine the prices may go up when ICI moves back to the Windsor Arms Hotel.Special Features:
- always deliciousSynnoveVIPDined on 3/6/2014I love this little jewel box sized restaurant. I hope they are able to maintain the ambience and experience at the Windsor Arms.Special Features:
- JP never disappointsTimWVIPDined on 3/6/2014See Yelp for my full description. Wanted to come before they move off to the Windsor Arms. Food summary at the bottom since we had so many good options and enjoyed it so much. Yup, this place is that good. Service: Top notch. Very nice & helpful. Ambience: Good use of space. They didn't try to cram in more people, which is nice. Modern. Wine: Good selection. I liked that I was able to have smaller, but more glasses. Food: Top notch. My goodness, JP never disappoints. I loved going to The Fifth when he was there, and went once after he left; and never returned. The menu definitely has its share of richness, and value & pricing were very good, especially with the small/large options. For the size of people we had, we had a ton of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious date nightTOTravellerDined on 2/28/2014Dinner for two with a great view. Food was top notch. We'll certainly be back. Recommend the scallops with pear. YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014This was my fourth visit to ICI, and again, everything was perfect. The best food in the city, in my opinion, and the service is stellar. Chef runs a really tight kitchen, plating complex and perfectly executed dinners. The Lobster Bisque is the best soup I have ever tasted, and it's worth a trip just for that. I look forward to many more wonderful evenings at ICI.Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerKatAdamDined on 2/21/2014Although expensive, Ici never fails to impress us. Delicious food pairings and great service in this little 25 seater on Harbord.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For most desciminating palatesnightoutDined on 2/20/2014Amazing food and service. Was very pleased and other reviews did not disappoint! Ici offers our city something very unique in terms of French food as well as right up there with any cuisine in the city. Very quaint and cozy space and nice not to be in a big room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We recently dined with myYummieDined on 2/20/2014We recently dined with my 2-year old granddaughter and loved the special attention she received. Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful birthday dinnerOut4dinnerDined on 2/19/2014I went to Ici with my husband and 2 friends we are all foodies always trying to find Toronto's culinary treasures and Ici exceeded all my expectations! The place is very intimate just a few tables with an open kitchen and beautiful ambiance. Romantic and quiet enough to have nice conversation while you enjoy delicious and original french inspired dishes. Everything can be shared so having a party of four is great to try more items in their lovely menu. The service was amazing very friendly and knowledgeable waitress. Every dish was just perfectly executed with a beautiful presentation and delicious layers of well balanced flavors. Definetely will come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food, however over-priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Terrific food, however over-priced. Still would make it back, but probably hold off on the 'Old-Fashion's'I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid valentines dayMarkDined on 2/14/2014Food well prepared, service attentive and portions were adequate.Special Features:
- not as good as I expectedhoneybadgerDined on 2/7/2014I had high expectations for this place due to all the good reviews I've read. In general, the food wasn't bad, but was wasn't great either. The salted maple drink the waitress recommended was waaay too sweet. I found the beef tartar app to be a bit bland. It could have used quite a bit more seasoning. I had the scallops and lobster for the entrem and I would have preferred less butter be used in cooking the shellfish. I found the butter overpowering. The souffle was pretty good though, although it would have been better with coffee (machine wasn't working).Special Features:
- GemfreakenfoodieVIPDined on 2/6/2014Ici bistro was absolutely great!, the food was spot on. Very good wine list and the souffle was the best I've had in the Toronto, Ici is a must on the foodie bucket list. The only downfall is that there is only about seating for 24 but at the same time that is one of the things I enjoyed about the space, very relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFoodieDined on 2/5/2014This place is wonderful. The food is well prepared, staff is professional and the restaurant is relaxed and comfortable. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a wonderful evening!!javabeanDined on 2/1/2014We were there this past snowy Saturday night. It had a very cozy feel and we were thrilled that they only have tables of 4 as a maximum. It made it a more intimate experience. The staff were knowledgeable about the food and wine and were attentive, but not overpowering!! The food was delicious and inventive. We loved how they did many dishes as trios and the portions were decent. We eat out a lot, and I would say this is one of the best we have been to in a long time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.