Ici Urban Bistro
806 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Ici Urban Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.iciurbanbistro.com/
- Phone: (202) 730-8800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday to Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am, Week ends: 7:00 - 10.45am Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm (closed on week end) Dinner : Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm ; Saturday - Sunday: 5.00pm - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Franck Loquet
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Large parties, privatization, gift certificate.
A word from Ici Urban Bistro
Ici Urban Bistro offers a fresh and contemporary twist on traditional French bistro cuisine. Offering French comfort food using the best local ingredients, Ici provides patrons with the perfect place to mix, mingle, share and enjoy. Executive chef Franck Loquet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Ici Urban Bistro - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ici Urban Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (10)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (7)special occasion (6)notable wine list (6)romantic (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- not recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2014too noisy; tables far too close. muscles were good but broth was far far too salty. Tuna salad was hardly a salad at all.
- Nice experienceRon0901VIPDined on 11/5/2014The restaurant is small, though I suspect has nice outside seating in the summer. I tried the chicken crepes as an appetizer and was delighted. The small crepes (about the size of a ravioli) were filled with a delicious chicken and mushroom mixture that was seasoned perfectly and was complemented by the savory cream and mushroom sauce. Although this sounds heavy, it was portioned just right and was a wonderful appetizer. I followed with the pan-seared Alaskan halibut. This is one of my favorites and the lemon/butter sauce made the dish, although my fish was just a touch over-cooked. Their wines by the glass are limited, but adquate - the full list is quite extensive. I enjoyed the cheese selection for dessert.Special Features:
- Nothing really good to sayICIReviewDined on 11/3/2014Slow service, overcooked eggs. Slow service, overcooked eggs. Slow service, overcooked eggs.
- Tastyyumm13Dined on 10/18/2014Everything we had was excellent. The heirloom tomatoes, watermelom, basil and feta was list and refreshing and tasted fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Breakfastpedro45VIPDined on 10/2/2014There are not all that many weekday breakfast options downtown and maybe there don't need to be. Ici Urban Bistro has a great menu - everything from healthy muesli to a full blown omelet and excellent pastries. The outdoor patio is very pleasant and the service is attentive without being over-bearing.
- Best French Food in Downtown DC!ironchefwannabeVIPDined on 9/22/2014Everything was on point. Great service. Great food. I'm honestly surprised more people don't dine here. What a hidden gem.Special Features:
- much needed French in McPheresonfashionistafoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014Ici, attached to the Hotel Sofitel, is a chic, modern French eatery in an area devoid of such a spot. The menu had light, but nonetheless lovely options, including a fantastic sea bass that was 250 calories. This is great for business diners who want excellence but need to watch their calories. But if you want decadent, this place has that too. The bread the bread the bread. Wow. Superior service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Spoiled experienceamalyutinVIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything was wonderful and we thought we've found another great spot to dine... up until the bill arrived where 2 items were priced higher then in the menu presented to us, and one of the dishes were ordered 1/2 portioned for a 1/2 price (it was waiter's suggestion not ours) but billed to us in full price +$3. So we were $14 overcharged but both a waiter and a manager had a nerve to tell us it was a "misunderstanding" or some computer problem refusing to recognize or correct their mishaps. Very unprofessional and shameful to use these kind of tricks to pull few more $$ from the pockets of the patrons. In spite of our liking the food we'll never give them our business and feel like we ought to worn the public about their practices.
- Should be better than it is.traveljunkieDined on 8/15/2014I always think this place will be as good as its ambience but it never is. Service is poor and food is fine but nothing unique. I have come here twice in the last month and both times I was surprised at how poor it was in terms of service and food. Prime property so I wonder what is happening with the management? Why spend so much on it and charge high prices and then just fizzle.Special Features:
- excellent upscale French cuisinetasteaholicDined on 8/9/2014Took a group of 7 to Ici for a birthday dinner. Great ambiance - the restaurant was a little quiet, but I'm sure we changes that slightly what with our party being lively. Wine list was excellent if slightly pricey. All food was outstanding - everyone in our group had first course and main dish as well as dessert and there were only praises without exception. The service was attentive and appropriate - but not a place to get a quick (fast) dinner - as you might expect given all the dishes being prepared on demand. The Sous Chef came out (upon request) and explained all of the entrees and ingredients etc which was a nice touch. overall a great place to dine with friends.Special Features:
- great breakfast spotabracadabaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Another fantastic business breakfast on the terrace on a perfect day. The food is good and the setting is elegant and quiet without being stuffy. The hostess here called Binta is absolutely lovely and manages to remember even occasional guests by name.
- The following 605 reviews are from the Ici Urban Bistro reviews archive.
- A Hidden GemCapHillTravellerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Hidden in The Sofitel Hotel is Ici Urban Bistro. It is DEFINITELY worth finding! The menu is plentiful of choice and everything we've had had ALWAYS been excellent! The service matches toe to toe the quality and taste of the meals. Louie certainly knows the list and how to pair the perfect bottle (or glass) with your meal. NOT TO BE MISSED when in DC. FIND IT!!!!Special Features:
- Posh setting, good foodBlueDined on 7/20/2014This was my first visit to Ici Urban Bistro. I was impressed by the sophisticated ambience and the excellent service. The food was good contemporary French, and presented beautifully. I'd like to go back for the lunch and brunch menus.Special Features:
- Best kept secretGailDined on 7/19/2014This is my favorite restaurant in all of DC. The food is delicious. The service is impeccable. The staff treat you like royalty! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Day?MonDieuDined on 7/18/2014Have been coming here for about 5 years & last Friday brought a couple of new folks. We waited by the host stand for 10 minutes while staff bustled around us not offering to seat us. Finally we were seated but sat 10-15 minutes before being asked if we wanted a drink which (there were 4 of us) took 15-20 minutes. A staple of their menu, Steak Frites, is gone & other than a hamburger no beef selections. The waiter offered a ribeye served in room service which was nice, except it was so fatty/grisly that I could barely eat it. I had raved about the place so I didn't want to complain. I asked for bernaise sauce & not sure what I got but it was brown like gravy. I was disappointed & don't think they added 2 new patrons that day.Special Features:
- Great night!BearVIPDined on 7/16/2014Food was great, and service was wonderful. Sat outside, and it was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For grown upsDCResidentDined on 7/8/2014Quiet, sophisticated, low-key but very attractive ambience. Service very friendly and helpful and generally pretty quick. We were the last people there on a weeknight at 10:15, but they never rushed us. Food was excellent. Both us had fish, and it was very well-cooked, a bit crispy on the outside but moist on the inside. So nice to be at a restaurant where you don't have to scream to be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service Were Very GoodJEB1VIPDined on 6/29/2014Recipes showed imagination and good ideas; servings about right size; service was attentive but not overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoors eatingDubbedDined on 6/24/2014We enjoyed the food and the service, nothing to fault sitting outdoors was a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceiciurban2Dined on 6/15/2014The dinner we had on Jun 15th was a pleasant surprise. Our waiter along with the other staff were friendly and attendentive. The food was excellent. We especially thank you for the birthday wishes and the entire waitstaff coming to sing happy birthday to my partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous for Father's DayDCtoNCDined on 6/14/2014Took my dad here for a night in the city and it was fantastic! I couldn't have asked for anything better. We both had an appetizer, the Chilean sea bass, and then 2 different desserts. Everything was prepared to perfection, and the service was fantastic. I would definitely recommend trying something from their wine selection. This meal made my dad's Father's Day wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatSusanDined on 5/31/2014We had a table booked for 7.30 on a Saturday night and when we arrived realized that a reservation was not necessary as there was no one in the restaurant and only 2 tables taken outside. We asked to be moved to the patio as we felt there would be at least some sort of atmosphere and it was so cold inside it would have been impossible to enjoy our meal. The service was good and attentive but no too intrusive. There is a limited menu but the food was very good and well presented. Our waiter was very informative and friendly. I would recommend this restaurant but warn that if you want a lively busy restaurant to look elsewhere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Very nice place We had a delicious breakfast! If we come back to Washinghton, we certainly take the same hotel and the same place for breakfast
- dinefromUKDined on 5/24/2014The menu while not extensive provided a reasonable choice. The food was very well cooked and presented. Staff were attentive and the pricce was reasonable for a city centre hotel. Outdoor dining was good but be careful where you choose to sit as at dusk some of the tables are not well illuminated which makes what you are trying to eat difficult to see!Special Features:
- Great spot for your special daybostoniaDined on 5/19/2014Great food and nice services! Not really expensive compared to other french restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Event: GraduationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Ici Urban Bistro was the perfect choice for my daughters law school graduation. As a family we were looking for a special place with fine food and service, special attention to detail and a beautiful enviornment. Ici met everyone's satification and that's not always easy with family members. The food was exquisitly presented and delicious. Everyone had a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Great, food, wine, experience, atmosphere and dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicelettertotheworldDined on 5/12/2014This is a lovely restaurant for a quiet, romantic dinner with great ambience and a touch of French language for fun.Special Features:
- Very good food and quiet.pmritzyDined on 4/5/2014Very good food and quiet. The menu was limited but we were lucky we found things we liked which were delicious!!! Our waiter was nice but, disappeared for a while. I would go back. Valet parking!!!! the hotel is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walking distance to theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/5/2014We picked this restaurant because it was close to the Warner theater. We were very pleasantly surprised by the enthusiasm of our waiter. He recommended several dishes and each one was delicious. They also made sure to see that we got out in time for the performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2014There was nothing special about the food. Wine was extremely overpriced and I will never go back. We could have gone to Barcelonia ans had way much better cuisine dining.
- Good but flagging a bit a breakfastNed1VIPDined on 3/31/2014I am a fairly regular breakfast customer at Ici. I breakfasted there this morning with a colleague and, while the service (in particular the very professional,friendly hostess) remains impressive and the food tasty, I noted changes from past breakfasts which either represent inconsistencies in service or changes in policy that made the meal a bit less special. Traditionally, I have been greeted at breakfast by a refreshing little yogurt-based smoothie. Today I didn't receive one (but did notice that other diners had). Also, I've also enjoyed the complimentary bread basket that was delivered while awaiting entrees. Today, nothing. Didn't ask as didn't want to make a scene in front of my guest. Perhaps an aberration?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantrunner750Dined on 3/7/2014A bit hard to find from the street as it is in the Sofitel hotel. Modern, clean decor but does not feel cold. Plenty of sunlight coming in. Nicely done. Waiting staff are very attentive. I usually visit this place for lunch so my experience is limited to the half sandwitch and soup, but as far as that goes it is delicious.Special Features:
- reason empty?welbyVIPDined on 3/6/2014I left after determining I did not want a 3 hr experience, no idea if they had a cook or not, food may be excellent when they serve it
- Gourmand heavenAnnThereseDined on 3/5/2014Last minute decision and wanted something tasteful. My daughter and I wanted something that "tickled" our tastebuds and took a chance. It was all a delicious treat. Unfornunantly since we were are little late they ran out of the sea-bass but we "made do" with other yummy choices. An elegant setting inside the Sofitel Hotel, a little "stuffy" but worth it because the food was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpising!PenmanshipVIPDined on 2/22/2014We eat out 10-12 times a week and had never been to Ici. Can't wait to go back. Had a marvelous seafood stew, fois gras and also a mushroom plate. Great sommelier and wait staff. Not in Zagat, way under the radar. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely French Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Warmly greeted upon arrival, seated quickly at corner table and our waiter welcomed us as soon as we were settled. Wine list was good and reasonably priced, menu was short but all great options. Food was wonderful with perfect portion sizes. Though our waiter was excellent with just the right amount of attention, bussing was slow and oddly we never had our watter glasses refilled. Otherwise a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard, but not exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2014The Valentines Dinner was pre fixe at $85 per person. The choices were not outstanding for that price. The branzino was delicious and well prepared with the delicate juxtaposition of crispy skin and moist, flaky meat. The dessert left much to be desired. Cocktails were excellent.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was very good and different. I don't know if this is considered the best restaurant in Washington DC, but their prices certainly suggest that they think they are!Special Features:
- Great experienceASyaDined on 2/14/2014Food and service were great. Every dish was truly delicious.Special Features: