1694 2nd Ave.
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ichirony.com/
- Phone: 2123696300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ichiro
Ichiro offers the finest and freshest Japanese cuisine and sushi available on the UES. The dining room offers an elegant yet comfortable space with impeccable customer service. Ichiro is just an overall great neighborhood spot.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ichiro reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014Love this neighborhood gem. The sushi & sashimi are outstanding - the flavor, the freshness of the fish certainly superior to most Japanese restaurants. The rolls are sometimes a bit too fancy for our taste but that's a personal choice. Cooked food is excellent too. Ambience is typical small Japanese restaurant with a small sushi bar - pleasant enough. Definitely worth many return visits!Special Features:
- Good value for the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed our meal. Standard fare but well done. Kids like Hibachi and their Bento Box was generous. Also very accommodating. My husband wanted something more authentic than a California Role with his and they were helpful and reasonable. Great service as well.Special Features:
- The best in the hoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/24/2014The food is fresh and delicious. They have a lot fun special rolls. The staff is incredible and they always go the extra mile. I've become a regular for lunch and dinners and am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood JapanesemikeyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Competent food quickly served in quiet place on 2nd AvenueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not recommendStjoy33VIPDined on 8/28/2014The service was slow and the food was not great. We were surprised at how slow the service was. They brought towels to some tables but not ours. We waited 15 minutes to even place an order
- sushi foodiegolfnpsydoc16Dined on 8/8/2014Chose this restaurant based on reviews on the internet. Sushi was fresh, well-prepared and well-presented. Some the special rolls were unique and different from other sushi places. Not much atmosphere but who cares when the food is great. Unfortunately, the outdoor scenery is ruined by the subway construction out front. Nice list of sake. The waitress helped out with some of our roll selection and did a bang up job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Good quality Japanese food, it's not Nobu but it's priced accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 37 reviews are from the Ichiro reviews archive.
- Basic Sushi JointClassicVIPDined on 6/18/2014Good and reliable sushi, sashimi and tempura. Reasonable prices, especially with the happy hour specials.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/28/2014the sushi is always fresh and tasty. Great selection of unusual rolls, although some are overdone and are stuffed with so many ingredients that you can't taste any. All in all, a great sushi restaurant.Special Features:
- TracyNYCVIPDined on 5/24/2014consistently good food...in a neighborhood filled w/ sushi restaurants, Ichiro is a cut above the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceYumYum88Dined on 5/24/2014Love this place. Service is great, food is great, Nice ambiance, and it's quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IchiropeebearDined on 5/16/2014Good sushi rolls. the port katsu was a bit bland and dried so stick to the rolls.Special Features:
- InsurancemanVIPDined on 4/18/2014Quality sushi, reasonable prices for NYC, good local spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bm87Dined on 4/16/2014For the most part the food was good but nothing special. The udon how ever was surprisingly awesome. I feel this place needs a second visit to further explore the menu as there may be more surprises like that. Service was the standard get you in and out quick no coursing just bring dishes out as soon as the chef finishes them that you would expect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoppin' on a Friday nightMidtownEatsVIPDined on 3/21/2014Glad we made a reservation! The place was packed at 8pm on a Friday evening -- families with kids, couples on a date, large groups, many different kinds of folks. Service was efficient, although the shrimp hibachi bento took much longer than everything else. But our party was happy with all the dishes we ordered. Sushi was fresh, portions were good-sized, tables are close together but not suffocatingly so.
- Great evening at IchiroOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/15/2014My friends and I were craving sushi and since I'm new to the area, thought we would try a neighborhood restaurant. Ichiro did not let us down. I was disappointed they did not have a full bar but was pleasantly surprised by their beer/wine prices and sake selection. The food was fantastic - very fresh with typical sushi offerings and unique speciality rolls. Service was great; I'm looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bento Box Was HugeLoveSlidersDined on 1/18/2014The dinner Bento box was huge and delicious. I would go again!
- Delicious sushiYummyyyVIPDined on 1/8/2014I'm picky when it comes to sushi but this was great. Fresh fish. Great flavors and inventive rolls. Definitely try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a late business lunchBetsyKDined on 10/10/2013I met with a small group of work colleagues to interview a candidate for an open position on my team. The food was great, service unobtrusive as we talked, and we felt very comfortable overall. Nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Awesome spotjomergeDined on 8/30/2013I go here regularly. Fresh fish, great service, just great all around. Definitely go here for some sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time still very good !food4meVIPDined on 7/7/2013With picky kids, eating out is not always an easy option, but Ichiro has something for everyone. Our second time for lunch here and still our fav. We get more than enough food and the lunch specials are worth it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageBebeVIPDined on 6/28/2013Ichiro hit the spot after a log day, but I wouldn't make a special trip to return. Far better place to eat. Don't make the mistake of ordering the duck wrap starter.
- This place has changed ownershipleeley18VIPDined on 5/16/2013This place has changed ownership too many times and unfortunately it is obvious. Spicy tuna roll was more mayo than fish...not what I remember from my UES days. Sad
- Fresh and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/11/2013The sushi and sashimi were quite fresh and portions were satisfying (not the paper thin slices you get from fancy sushi places). Service was attentive but not over bearing. Menu selection was good except dessert selections were a bit lacking. 2 ppl dinner at 60 bucks inclusive of tip...cant beat that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the experience everyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/20/2013We love the experience every time we go. The Bento boxes are a great deal.Special Features:
- The raw fish here is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/23/2013The raw fish here is better than average for this type of place, which fits above discount sushi but below home-away-from-home spot for traveling Tokyo businessmen. And the service was very nice.
- Nice sushi place on the Upper EastOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2013I was relieved to find a reservation for a large group of 8 people on a Saturday night here. I liked that we had no wait upon arrival. My friend go the salmon teriyaki and enjoyed her meal. I had the lobster roll which was fine. We stayed for a few hours and had a lovely time as a group. Thanks to Ichiro for letting us stay so long without pressure, and for giving us individual checks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ichiro takes being the neighborhoodoystersuckerVIPDined on 3/1/2013Ichiro takes being the neighborhood sushi spot to a new level. Many places service the same high quality fresh fish but the presentation is what really makes the difference at Ichiro. The happy hour specials are great too.Special Features:
- Frat bros & kids here, bewareOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2013Frat bros getting a rush out of doing sake bombs,, kids running around, strollers, feels like a cross between Murray Hill and the 'burbs. The sushi was fresh. Staff was not attentive. Watch out, the door is drafty and seats nearby get really cold when people open itSpecial Features:
- Food was presented in an incrediblycantstnadthenoiseVIPDined on 2/28/2013Food was presented in an incredibly beautiful, artistic, photo-worthy manner. Service rapid and pleasant. Only drawback is level of the recorded music. Much too loud for such a small venue. There are only a few tables that are not located directly under or very near the loudspeakers.
- Good variety to choose from.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2013Good variety to choose from. Sashimi, sushi very good. Priced fair. Hibachi scallops excellent.Special Features:
- Went two times this past week:JakeVIPDined on 2/20/2013Went two times this past week: one time on a Saturday for lunch, and one time for a weeknight dinner. The lunch was fantastic --- the service was great, food was great, everything was perfect. However, when we went for dinner, the place was packed and the service was terrible. Our water was filled once in the whole time we were seated!Special Features:
- My fiancé and I come hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/29/2013My fiancé and I come here almost every Tuesday. The fish is fresh, the service excellent and fast. We love this place so much that I actually feel I owe it to them to make my first review.Special Features:
- Four of us dined early andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/7/2012Four of us dined early and had a wonderful meal and experience. The appetizers and sushi were delicious. Construction of the 2nd Ave. subway currently blocks the entrance to the restaurant from the street - - don't let that stop you from trying this restaurant!Special Features:
- Stopped by for lunch on aOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/10/2012Stopped by for lunch on a Saturday afternoon, and the restaurant was empty so I had my choice of tables. I ordered 2 rolls, which were pretty good. While I waited for my order, the restaurant did start to fill up quickly. Will go back again, as the staff were very friendly and the food was good.Special Features:
- Service was really excellent.KatiegolfDined on 10/31/2012Service was really excellent. Food has consistently been goodSpecial Features:
- We had a lovely dinner - goodChickieBVIPDined on 10/26/2012We had a lovely dinner - good food, good wine, great service and nice ambiance. So even though we live on the West side and this restaurant is on the East side, we will go back!! (That's a huge endorsement!!)Special Features:
- only if in the neighborhood.onthehuntVIPDined on 10/24/2012only if in the neighborhood. no need to travel. most neighborhoods have one or more just like it.
- Watch for mystery charges!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2012The food was good enough. The servers were decent, at least as far as the basics were concerned. What I take issue with is increasing the price of my check when my credit card was swiped. The total of our bill (we had a voucher) was $16.05. When my credit card receipt arrived, it had been jacked up to $16.95. Ok, I thought, I'll just fill it in for the total of $26.00 that I had intended to leave anyway, and they can work it out among themselves. Then I checked my bank account and saw that AGAIN they had jacked up the price, charging my credit card for $26.95. It is $1.85, but the idea that these people are ripping off customers angers me. Yes, I came in with a voucher, but don't offer deals if you don't plan to honor them!
- service was very good. andJOESKINNYDined on 10/12/2012service was very good. and food was very tasty and great portions. enjoyed and will be back in future.Special Features: