Ichiban Sushi Asian Bistro
3921 Evergreen Pkwy
Bowie, MD 20716Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Ichiban Sushi Asian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ichiban-sushi.com/
- Phone: (301) 352-9160
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Wheelchair Access
A word from Ichiban Sushi Asian Bistro
Come and visit the newly remodeled Ichiban! They offer an impressive sushi menu and wonderful atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ichiban Sushi Asian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Strip mall gem!trysomethingnewDined on 5/16/2014Great, fresh sushi that's reasonably priced. Friendly, attentive staff. Worth the drive from Alexandria.Special Features:
- Very good date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014This is a perfect resturant to take a guy who has never eaten sushi.Special Features:
- Sushi Lovermynovel2Dined on 4/2/2014The ambiance is good here, I always enjoy one on one dinning with spouse or daughter. Great service, when I dine here the clock stops sometimes I'm there for hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushipmrthirdVIPDined on 7/21/2013Enjoyed everything I had including the duck crepe appetizer! All sushi was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome sushi and Thai foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2013I have been here many many times and am always impressed. The sushi and Thai foods are amazing. My friend and I tried something from the "wok" menu and were not impressed. It was not very tasty and did not have a distinct taste does the multiple other items we have tried. Not sure if it was a fluke but I will be sticking to the sushi and Thai menus.
- Noticed that a section ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Noticed that a section of the restaurant was probably very suitable for folks who want to eat sushi have a drink and watch TV. Nice. We sat in their upper level which overlooked the sushi bar. Other diners apparently appreciated the TV. We enjoyed our meal - food was plentiful - had a lot to bring home. Sushi entre was served on a huge platter and I was full! However, the sushi selection was standard - my son chose specific sushi items which were excellent.Special Features:
- Second chanceswildflowerDined on 3/30/2013This was my second time there. I am unsure what happened but the food was 100 percent better this time than my first experience. I loved the speediness of my food and the portions were huge! I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013I met my pastor here to discuss important issues. The waitress was very observant as to not interrupt during conversation, food was awesome, restaurant was outstanding!Special Features:
- Food was good but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Food was good but the service was poor. We were a party of 8 and the server expressed no delight in serving us...not a smile or even introduction. Drinks were never refilled. We were surprised yet grateful for the "thank you" from the hostess as we left the restaurant.
- Food is always great; sushiRAllenDined on 2/14/2013Food is always great; sushi is exceptional; Tony and his staff are very friendly and interactive.Special Features:
- The first waitress that wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The first waitress that was sent over didn't speak fluent english. The second waiter was very good and the evening went pretty smooth from there.Special Features:
- My favorite neighborhood spot.FriendVIPDined on 2/13/2013My favorite neighborhood spot. Good people at the bar, great for dining aloneSpecial Features:
- Ichiban is my goto sushi restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2013Ichiban is my goto sushi restaurant in the Bowie area. The food is always prepared well and the customer service is great.
- First time experience herepmrthirdVIPDined on 11/27/2012First time experience here and enjoyed all sushi rolls!Special Features:
- Ichiban has a very exquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Ichiban has a very exquisite environment. The food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Good food, great atmosphere,LL12Dined on 10/28/2012Good food, great atmosphere, great location, friendly staff.Special Features:
- The sushi here was superb.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2012The sushi here was superb. The overall menu was somewhat lacking variety. The service was pretty good and everyone was friendly. I would go again but only if I'm going for sushi.
- This time I sat at the barFriendVIPDined on 9/5/2012This time I sat at the bar and talked with Magic, the bartender. I, as usual had a great meal and great conversation.Special Features:
- Typically, the service atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2012Typically, the service at this restaurant is less than friendly. However I made a special request to hold a group birthday in one of their private rooms. It took a little convincing the management to reserve one of their private rooms for us. But once I prevailed and the function was held, the experience was terrific! The service was excellent and friendly, the food delicious and the atmosphere in the private room was perfect. Thank you Ichiban Sushi for making our special occasion, special!Special Features:
- Ordered nigiri sushi and aLetsGoCapsDined on 3/12/2012Ordered nigiri sushi and a specialty roll. Good and came out quick. My complaint was that we didn't know they had a happy hour until we asked for a drink menu. We had already ordered but when we saw some sushi was on happy hour special we changed our minds. Would have been nice to know before we ordered. Sat at the bar as the only customers and we felt almost like an inconvience, almost. If the bartender had been a little more outgoing/friendly and had we been made aware of the specials I would (maybe) have given 4 stars. Would return I guess if I was in the area and wanted sushi.
- My favorite neighborhood restaurantFriendVIPDined on 2/16/2012My favorite neighborhood restaurant. My sever is always the same and she is excellent with her suggestions for food.Special Features:
- Always a favorite for theFriendVIPDined on 1/30/2012Always a favorite for the neighborhood. Walking distance, with great food.Special Features:
- Perfect for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/6/2012Ichiban Sushi Asian Bistro is our favorite restaurant for date night. It is the perfect place for a lovely romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- A neighborhood gem hiddenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011A neighborhood gem hidden away in a strip mall. Everything we have ordered has been absolutely delicious and there is a great choice among Asian cuisines.Special Features:
- Although the service was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011Although the service was great, the food was not very good. I will probably not eat here again.
- On this occassion, the serviceFriendVIPDined on 12/16/2011On this occassion, the service was fair. The food was brought out too fast. I had not finish one course, before the server was there with another. Every thing was warm, the one couse was suppose to sizzle. It did not. I asked if it had been prepared for someone else, who did not want it. Kids were talking very loud with no directions from the parents. this was a Friday night. My first and last Friday. The reveiws for Friday have been very bad.Special Features:
- Good cheap food on a Friday night!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2011Had a reservation for 7:30 on a Friday night my friends and I arrived about 30 minutes prior to our reservation, but were seated right when we walked into the restaurant in the lounge area where we requested to be seated. I ordered the pork dumplings which were full of pork and yummy, as my main dish I ordered the chicken Pad Thai which was pretty good for my first time having it. My bill alone was about 18 bucks which is fine with me when going out to dinner on a Friday night. Our server forgot to bring our drinks out 3 times and also didn't offer us the hot towels to wipe our hands off with before our dinner like everyone around us was. No complaints on the food, but the service could have been better.Special Features:
- Quite reasonably good sushi,VirguleVIPDined on 9/13/2011Quite reasonably good sushi, though not close to the best I get back home in Boston. Tuna and salmon were very flavorful and buttery, other fish a bit more variable. Worth a return visit, though I wouldn't rush back.
- I've been to this locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2011I've been to this location a few times. It was a great time as usual. We actually did lunch for a friends bridal shower and the restaurant was very accomodating.Special Features:
- They did a great job withOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/5/2011They did a great job with getting the order right. We ordered some sushi without the fish eggs and they accidentally came out with them. They took it right back and took care of it.Special Features:
- Unassuming Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2011Was pleasantly surprised upon entering this unassuming neighborhood gem. Loved the sushi rolls, however for those more interested in classic fare a very extensive menu is available.Special Features:
- The service has greatly improvedSheney89VIPDined on 6/24/2011The service has greatly improved over the past few months!!!Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/17/2011The food was very good and the selection was nice.Special Features:
- I had a large party of 9 andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2011I had a large party of 9 and the restaurant was very accommodatingSpecial Features:
- The atmosphere was great;OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/5/2011The atmosphere was great; the service outstanding; but the food left a lot to be desired. We had the lettuce wraps for our appetizer. It was as good as other places. Each person in our party of three had different entrees. None of us cared very much for what we got. The presentation was exquisite -- it looked fantastic, so you can imagine our disappointment when we "dug in."Special Features:
- Good neighborhood place.SailorFoodieDined on 3/4/2011We were late for our reservation, but they cheerfully found us a nice table, even on a busy Friday. Service was prompt and menu-knowledgeable. Drinks were delivered quickly, well-mixed and not miniature. We started with miso and seaweed salad. Both were fresh, and excellent -- a nice departure from the over-salted norm. We ordered a selection of rolls to share. The fish and veggies were uber-fresh. All tasted good, but most of the rolls did not hold together on the trip from platter to sauce to mouth. The composition of flavors was yummy, but that's hard to get when you are resorting to forks (YIKES) to fish lost bits out of your dipping dish. Good place to go if your out shopping, or whatever. Not a destination, though.
- I must admit that I had gottenFriendVIPDined on 11/16/2010I must admit that I had gotten the usual Chinese take-out from the restaurant but I had never eaten inside. The dish that I ordered was very good, my waitress admitted tht it was her first day and could not help with selection. The crabmeat money bag was very good also. I had enough food to take home and have the next night (heated in the oven).Special Features:
- Nice little neighborhood restaurantSmittyVIPDined on 9/19/2010Nice little neighborhood restaurant. It was a little annoying that they decided to move chairs around for no apparent reason while we were eating.
- Our waitress was pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/3/2010Our waitress was pleasant but could not understand our questions about menu items because she did not have a good command of the English language. After many attempts we had to find someone else to answer our questions then had a pleasant dinner. Our waitress didn't come back after she brought the check. We had to ask another waiter. We gave him $16 in cash and a credit card. Said please apply the cash first then put the balance on the credit card, he says OK. We didn't realize until after we left he kept the $16 and we paid an additional 15% tip on a $48 bill. We went back with our bill to get the $16. The ast mgr was RUDE and tossed $20 bill at us and said it happens all the time. It was tossed back. We did got our $16. NEVER again!
- Throughly enjoy the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/10/2010Throughly enjoy the food. Would recommend this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features: