15 Irving Place
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ichabodsnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127775102
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday and Wednesday 5PM-Midnight
Thursday through Saturday 5PM-1AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ichabod's
Seasonal American Fare, Market Driven and Locally Sourced as Much as Possible. Full Raw Bar, Open Kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ichabod's reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (28)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (8)special occasion (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OutstandingAlishaPVIPDined on 8/23/2014I was pleasantly amazed with this restaurant! I could not stop talking about my outstanding dining experience, from the skillfully crafted cocktails, to the well-thought out and balanced burrata dish, and of course who could forget that amazing ice cream sundae! Truly, a unique find putting out some good food. I'LL BE BACK!Special Features:
- AMAZING!!Shoegal21Dined on 8/14/2014Great lil spot with amazing food! Been there twice and both times we ordered a bunch of small plates.. the tuna tartare, ribs, calamari, squash dumplings and octopus are AMAZING!!! definite must... next time we go we'll try some of their entrees.Special Features:
- Next time I'll arrive starvingBwicksDined on 8/12/2014There just isn't enough room for two humans to eat all the yummy food here! I wanted to order more but I got full. Kale Ceaser: delish. Squash dumplings: sweet and savory goodness. Burratta: made me close my eyes... I also took forever to eat it because I didn't want it to be gone. Sundae: simple ingredients paired well.. It's too bad my face didn't fit in mason Jar to lick the rest of the caramel. I'll be back with a hungrier tummy next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance and ServiceMargaretVIPDined on 8/1/2014The flatbread was savory and wonderful. The lettuce plate (salad) was underwhelming. The mussels- were poor/ great sauce but the quality of the mussels was concerning. The fried oyster dish was great. Overall- overpriced dishes, but great decor and ambiance.Special Features:
- Always on pointWaveyDaveDined on 7/31/2014They do things right here and consistently so. Simple, streamlined menu belies depth of flavor and high level technique. Great plating combinations hit the mark without being overly fancy or contrived. Menu highlights: fried oyseter wraps, squash dumplings, chicken (A+), skirt steak, cavatelli and powerful burger. Very strong cocktail program try a sazerac, manhattan or something with mezcal. Also thoughtfully edited wine list that doesn't read like Moby Dick. And don't skip dessert - the sundae is crack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!PhifedogVIPDined on 7/28/2014The food was delicious, the service was great...overall lovely. The squash dumplings are like heaven in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ILoveFoodVIPDined on 7/17/2014This is maybe out tenth trip there, i love how the menu and cocktails lists change but are always still amazing! I've never had a bad item there. We love it!Special Features:
- Excellentdve5Dined on 6/28/2014Food was absolutely excellent. The tuna tartar and butternut squash dumplings are an absolute must.Special Features:
- Superb. Oh those dumplings!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/20/2014Go here with an appetite. The dumplings in particular are exquisite, I would go back just for bowls of these, but the Burrata salad and the Mussels (broth) were just as delicious. Everything was so fresh, flavorful and moreish we just wanted to try the entire menu. We shared 5 smaller dishes including the kale Caesar and asparagus side which satisfied 2 hungry people. The presentation and attention to each dish just enhances the taste. The excellent service and unique ambience tipped this review to 5 stars. We were so impressed we went back for brunch and happily the food and service was just as good. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodhoopVIPDined on 6/10/2014I can not believe this restaurant is still popular yet. Still easy to have a reservation. I strongly recommend if you look for new American style restaurant around Union Square and East village, go to Ichabod's. Do not spend money a lot at fancy good interior restaurants.Special Features:
- Love it.ILoveFoodVIPDined on 6/9/2014We go here more than any other restaurant in New York and always have a great meal and a great time. Everything is always good and exciting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WelcomingspandwskDined on 6/7/2014As out of town visitors, we were looking for a pre-theater supper before a play at the Vineyard theater across the street. Though we're many decades older than the hip clientele who now seem to enjoy Ichabods, we were welcomed warmly and enjoyed an interesting and delicious meal. And the noise level was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisern66VIPDined on 6/4/2014We wanted a quick burger and drink. The cocktails were very good, the burger terrific. The prices are a bit on the high side, but the staff are very well trained, attentive without being too much and very nice, so worth it. It is a bit loud, but everyone was happy - who can complain!Special Features:
- Nicely servedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014Good food and attentive service. A very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Loved everything about Icabods.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014The food was outstanding and the wine list had a terrific range of excellent wine at vaired prices. Staff superb! LOved, loved, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantGlobetrotterVIPDined on 5/13/2014Really enjoyed the escarole salad and pistachio encrusted halibut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but overpircedCelebrationVIPDined on 5/7/2014It is your typical bar scene of Union Square. I do not think their drinks are worth 14 bucks and burger was not good enough to be a 19 dollar menu item. Fries were over salted.Special Features:
- 2nd time visiting in a weekKimCVIPDined on 5/3/2014I went on a Monday and loved it so much I had to go back that Saturday for more. It's a great neighborhood spot with excellent food, a great drink menu and service. This will defintiely become a staple place for me. The halibut with pistachio is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thebravesVIPDined on 5/2/2014Unremarkable. Food was drenched in oil and service subpar. I asked for bread for the table and we received 2 burnt slices of bread with butter. Go elsewhere for the money.
- The following 83 reviews are from the Ichabod's reviews archive.
- Great pre concert dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2014Had a great dinner here, awesome food, great wine and coctails. We would definitely go back, plus they got us in and out in more than enough time for our show at Irving Plaza!Special Features:
- Always good…buthoopVIPDined on 4/14/2014I think I am a regular for this restaurant. however since waitresses who I knew left, I am not a regular at all. new waitresses are always chatting at the counter table. the restaurant lost good communications. that makes me sad… the waiters try to get my dishes despite there are foods still on the plates. I do not why they ask me to take the plats away. look at the plates !!!!
- nativepamDined on 4/13/2014The food was delicious. My daughter had recommended the kale flower salad, squash dumplings, and the roasted brussel sprouts, with bacon and mustard sauce. They did not disappoint! Three of us shared the sundae and it was sinfully good. However, the music was as LOUD as in a dance club and we really had to struggle to have a conversation. It made what would have otherwise been a fine dinner incredibly uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a young, energeticOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014This is a young, energetic spot- with very delicious food! Service was great, the special pasta was terrific, and Happy Hour drinks can't be beat. WE have been twice for pre-theater near Union Square and it is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2014I've been to this restaurant twice now, the first time with family and the second with business associates, and have been very happy with the overall experience both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good location for the VineyardOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2014good location for the Vineyard Theater. We're members. A bit noisy with all the hard surfaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate here on Saturday, asOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/21/2014We ate here on Saturday, as a group of 4. We have dined here before and always enjoy the squash dumplings, kale salad and oysters. I was especially impressed this weekend, when we had ordered a bottle of wine that was way too sweet for our table. Our server recognized our disappointment, and without charge, replaced the wine with one more to our taste despite the fact that half of the previous bottle had already been poured. We were surprised to see the level of service and Ichabod's desire to make their customers happy. We will certainly be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels to die for...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Delicious! food was great and wine was really nice...LOVED it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyBrooklyphileDined on 3/19/2014great food, super friendly service - really couldn't ask for more!Special Features:
- Yum!!BryNycVIPDined on 3/14/2014We had a lovely meal of "small plates"...and I'm ready to get back there for the "big plates". Drinks were good, prices are a bit steep...but can't complain about the food! Great for pre-theaer if you are heading to the Vineyard Theatre...or wherever the night takes you! Enjoy...yes...go!Special Features:
- Excellent place!jamie2681Dined on 3/8/2014Have walked past Ichabod's many times and decided to give it a shot. Squash dumplings, chicken pate w/ strawberry jam, burrata and brussels to start with the pork belly as my main course. Delicious. Finished it off with the only desert on the menu, their sundae, and was delighted. Great food, great drinks, will come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and coctailsNinet4Dined on 3/5/2014The cocktail menu had some unique twists on classics such as their Spiced Old Fashioned which was quite good. The lighting was pretty dark, but added to the overall ambiance of the place. The noise level was moderate which makes the place better perhaps for small groups rather than a quiet/romantic dinner out. The food quality was consistent with their pricing. My wife went for their pork belly, while I went for one of their specials, which they called a Pork Roll--it was essentially pork belly rolled around some micro-greens, cooked, sliced, and then quickly pan-fried off. Our friend ordered the half-chicken. We were all pleased with our orders. Our server was prompt and helpful and made recommendations based on house favorites.Special Features:
- Overall good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Food and drinks were really good. I got the pork belly, and I thought it was perfectly cooked and delicious. It is reasonably priced for Manhattan; although coming from Brooklyn - I thought prices were a little high. I will definitely be back, but probably during happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, unbearable noise levelDinerVIPDined on 2/28/2014Noise so bad could not converse. Too bad because food is good but will not return Because of noise levelSpecial Features:
- Union Sqare gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/27/2014Went to Ichabod's pre-theater and definitely going back. Very cheerful, great waitress, and Happy Hour $5 wine is a no-brainer. Kale salad and special of the evening schnitzel was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a quiet brunchLH8888Dined on 2/23/2014Food was lovely, staff were polite and helpful, I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time!lbk987Dined on 2/22/2014This was the first time I had been and it was great. I got all of the veggie option sides and they were amazing and very filling. My date got the pasta and thought the size was pretty small and was still hungry afterwards so an appetizer might be needed.Special Features:
- Great food but rushed serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014The entire time I dined with my friends, it felt like we were being rushed and watched and found out it wasn't just our imaginations. I made reservations for 3 on a Saturday, there was not a huge crowd nor was anyone waiting to be seated. My sister finally joined us late as an extra person and it was fine because our table sat 4 anyway w the extra seat. When she wanted to order, the waiter told her he couldn't allow her to order a large plate because our table was reserved for another party.... She only had a drink and from that point on we were rushed to drink and that made us feel most unwelcome. We would have spent more money there as we were looking to order more drinks but I refused to spend another dime because of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This review is for the Valentine's Day. The table wasn't open for our reserved time, which was a bit annoying. But the restaurant provided a glass of bubbly on the house while we waited, which was unexpected and totally made up for it. So bonus points on that front. The 4 course menu was great, especially the oysters and squash dumplings. Though I was disappointed the appetizer only had 2 oysters. Overall the date was happy with it and she thought it was a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been there like 9 timesILoveFoodVIPDined on 2/6/2014I've been there like 9 times now and everything is always amazing, we take all our out of town friends there when we just don't go by ourselves, which we do, often.
- Cute placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2014Small and cozy. Choice of 2 $5 cocktails - not usually a fan of gin but the Hessian Tea is delish. Flatbread is good but probably not what you'd expect. It's more like warm pita bread served with a side of bruschetta, but seasoned to taste like pizza. Squash dumplings were everything I dreamed of - a must try! I'm also picky about raw tuna but the tartare was amazing as well. Service was good as well. My one gripe is that the prices could be cheaper, but it is worth what you pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.