2528 Nicollet Ave South
Minneapolis, MN 55406Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://icehousempls.com/
- Phone: 6122766523x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:11am-2:30pm (open seating)
Happy Hour:2:30-5pm, 10pm-Midnight (open seating)
Happy Hour Drink Specials: 4-6pm
Happy Hour: 10pm-Midnight (open seating)
Happy Hour: 9pm-1am
Late Night Snacks: 9pm-11pm (open seating)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Bickford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Daily
A word from Icehouse
Live Music Restaurant - A stomping ground for those who share our appreciation for a comfortable place to have a drink, healthy, quality food made from scratch and the cast of fine musicians who call MN home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Icehouse - Best Restaurants in Whittier ›
Icehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (40)late-night find (39)hot spot (35)great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (29)vibrant bar scene (29)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (20)romantic (15)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (12)scenic view (6)Show More
- Great show/Overpriced food & drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014I would definitely recommend this place to see a show!!! The sound was great, the crowd was great, the service was great and the band was absolutely amazing (Tina and the B-Sides)! Unfortunately, the prices for food and drinks is ridiculous. Just a couple of examples: $4 - $6 for a 12 oz can of beer (even Target field offers a better deal) and $12 for 3 tiny samples of cheese accompanied by 3 wafer size pieces of bread to share between 2 people... I did notice a new menu come out after 10:00 PM with food prices lowered by a couple of dollars. I would recommend having food somewhere else prior to coming to the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love IcehousejoelpmeyerDined on 9/12/2014I've always enjoyed seeing local acts play this place. Gaze into the glass jug pendant lights and try one of the 'sipping shost' on the cocktail list - it contains one that is like a 'fizzy manhatten' and is certainly one I'll be enjoying on all my future visits.Special Features:
- Nice spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Icehouse has some sweet dishes (the rabbit was excellent) along with a great list of outstanding cocktails (the rhubarb margarita is highly recommended). The old barnwood throughout makes for a very unique experience as well. What we loved about the menu was that it was filled with many different options for sharing and sampling--it makes for a great little experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Icehouse is HotPalmSpringsRegularDined on 8/25/2014We dined on the deck outside, which looks at a very nice green space. Food was great with very interesting flavor combinations. The small "shot" craft cocktails were fun to try and still a good-sized pour. The band was starting up inside just before we left, and we stayed for a while to hear them. Great music! The only complaint that we had and heard from neighboring tables is that they allow smoking "off the deck" but the rude smokers would just step down and stand right next to the deck and puff at the people dining (with complaints, I might add.) The parking lot is only 20 feet away and that should be where they can smoke to keep the dining area free from smoking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelicaDined on 8/24/2014We came for brunch and everything was excellent. This was my first time and it was so enjoyable that we are coming back for dinner. Looking forward to dinner and the awesome desserts.Special Features:
- solid choiceDanDinerDined on 8/21/2014The food, atmosphere, and music were satisfying, as usual. Tonight, the service was slightly off (e.g., slow to table, infrequent check-ups on drinks and food) but I think this was a glitch. I've been here many times, and usually they are spot-on across the board. I still plan to return and recommend this place. Over time, Icehouse has been solid and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanDDined on 8/16/2014Loved the ambience, food, service and wonderful live music. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBigDaddyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Had out of town guests and brought them to Icehouse for brunch. Good service and great food. Downside, my female guest found a black beard hair in her in her cocktail.Special Features:
- Very satisfiednemoDined on 8/9/2014Went to eat (not drink) with kids. Food and service was splendid, including the kids menu (best angel hair pasta with meatballs in town). We were sitting in the dining area behind the bar. Ceiling windows created a nice ambience. There was a little competition between the recorded music playing in the dining area and the live music in the bar (suggestion: shut off the recorded music while the live music is in session). Otherwise, everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeGriffinVIPDined on 8/8/2014We sat outside on the patio. Had a few decent drinks. We really enjoyed the food. They have a great variety on the menu. Loved the bone marrow and the cheese and meat plates. I would go back if I'm ever back in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Icehouse!2galsDined on 8/7/2014This was a special occasion (birthday) for our group & it was wonderful at Icehouse. We sat outside - great ambience. Great, attentive service, awesome, delicious & unique food & drinks. No music tonight but we've loved the music when we've been there previously. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Unique and Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014We went to the Icehouse for dinner at 7 on a Tuesday. We were the only people there (so felt a bit odd, given how large the space is), but it's a cool place (decor) and I imagine it's a great scene once the place fills up. The food was great - unique and nicely presented. Waitstaff were great at explaining menu offerings; The PLOUGHMAN'S PLATTER (assortment of smoked meat, fish & other savory bits) was beautifully plated, and delicious with a wide variety of unique offerings. We all loved the food and will definitely go back, although we'll go back to eat and listen to music. Note: Deck is nice, but they only have one or two tables for a party of four.Special Features:
- Favorite placeLostintranslationDined on 8/3/2014We have been to this place several times and are looking forward to our next visits! They are # 1 in all of the categories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch And Entertainment...AMAZING!DanaDined on 8/3/2014I came to the Ice House to see Treveld play during the brunch hours. The food was spectacular and the service was great too. I invited my family and some friends, and everyone had a lovely time. I cannot stress enough how amazing Treveld was at this location. The sound system was phenomenal!! Please continue to bring Treveld back! They are a "neighborhood gem", just like The Ice House. Next time I am in Minneapolis I intend of coming back. Thank you for hosting an amazing band that I cannot get enough of.Special Features:
- Fantastic Experience!cwaters12Dined on 8/2/2014Our entire experience at Icehouse was wonderful, from the bartender to our server and all the way through dessert! The staff was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain the menu and provide detailed recommendations. Our group tried several small plates, entrees and desserts and they were all unique, delicious and beautifully presented. Our favorites were: Small Plates: Marie's Beets and Marrow Bone Pho (both phenomenal) Entrees: Smoked Potato Gnocchi and Bulgogi (the Bulgogi presentation is great and you get a very large portion) Desserts: Salty Caramel Macarons (hands down) We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the music with dinner. We were there for the music, Todd Clouser and Chris Bates. The food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and music venueceejVIPDined on 7/27/2014Icehouse used to be a recording studio and this could be why it's such a great venue for local music. We met friends there last week to hear a new local band. We were just planning on drinks and snacks, but wound up eating a full dinner. The food was interesting and tasty. Hubby had the jerk pork rib which was huge...he liked it. I had the gnocci with peas puree, blue cheese and fennel...delicious and just the right amount. Also had a mixed greens salad that also had pea tendrils complete with flowers...yummy, healthy and very festive! Service was pretty good, but it was crowded and although very pleasant and helpful, the server had a little trouble keeping up.Special Features:
- Icehouse for lunchLlikes2eatinsuburbsVIPDined on 7/23/2014I have used a Groupon here twice and found it a great place for lunch. No one turns their nose up at you when you present your groupon. In fact, they act excited to see it and give great service. The food here is real gourmet dining, albeit informal. Each dish is prepared with fresh ingredients. Their beer menu is truly diverse and high quality. I had previously lunched here in the Fall and was pleasantly surprised to find outdoor dining on a quiet covered deck. The Icehouse deserves a high rating on the foodie lists. It is highbrow with low prices and a really cool vibe, inside and out.Special Features:
- Great patio, quiet lunchLunchcruiserDined on 7/22/2014We came at the end of the lunch hour, very quiet and slow but the meal was fresh, the patio gorgeous and the waitstaff not disinterested as I would have imagined. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Wow food, service needs polishChereVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food was outstanding but service was weird so I'll think twice about going back. Seated promptly for our brunch reservation then sat ignored for 15 minutes while multiple servers swirled about a half-full dining room. Host finally brought water and took drink orders. Drinks were lovely -husband's Laphroiag Bloody was a smoky meal unto itself. Server finally turned up, we ordered seafood gumbo and rabbit brioche. Food took less waiting and was delicious. Still, plates, napkin leftover from Bloody Mary were left on table during our meal. Such attention to detail in the kitchen but not on the floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at IcehouseGVanDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I were looking for a nice place to have brunch before going to the Twins game on Sunday. The Icehouse was great. The Twins, not so much. The weather was nice so we decided to eat outside. Our waitress was very pleasant, friendly and quite helpful in guiding our selections. We both choose the crab and asparagus with egg and cheese sauce. We were very happy with the choice and were impressed with how well the many flavors blended together. Will definately go back for their evening tasting menu at the chef 's bar. Well done.Special Features:
- Interesting menuJudygDined on 7/19/2014The menu had a lot of tempting choices, service was very good and the atmosphere lively.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceLCO1Dined on 7/19/2014Great cocktails and excellent food. We loved everything, the lamb, scallops, yellow-fin tuna and sturgeon cheeks. Will be back!Special Features:
- Creative and delicious menuhappypatronDined on 7/13/2014All our entrees were served with delicious and tasty accompaniments, great service, creative combinations and fabulous salty carmel dessert!!! A wonderful find!!!Special Features:
- Food was so-so.CamptimeDined on 7/6/2014I was disappointed in the food when I visited a couple nights ago. When I visited a year ago it was outstanding and I've been waiting for an opportunity to go back. We took some friends this time and the menu has changed completely. Based on our experience this time, I wouldn't recommend it.Special Features:
- Great experiencefoodieDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed the wonderful, eclectic menu, interesting wine list and music venue. Definitely on my radar for a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative KitchenBigDaddyVIPDined on 7/1/2014The food here always amazes. Chef driven menu changes frequently, providing fine dining in a casual atmosphere with live jazz. Amazing cocktails (try the sippin' shots). Bourbon centric drinks. Local craft beers on tap. Wine list is short, but has very good to excellent selections to accompany your meal. This is my go to restaurant in the Twin Cities.Special Features:
- IcehouseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2014Our waitress was attentive and engaging. The menu had something for all 6 of our varied tastes and the eye opening craft drinks were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidVIPDined on 6/25/2014Overall Nice job!! Cocktail was creative and food was good. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable !!Special Features:
- Our Go-To Dining Spot2OldFoodiesDined on 6/20/2014Wonderful food, great beer list. Always fresh and seasonal. We prefer the back dining room open to the kitchen and the patio. We have never had a bad meal there. A fine selection of small plates, creative sandwiches and full entrees. The 3 course prix fixe at $35 is a bargain. When we raved to our server about the beautiful beet salad, he sent the chef to the table who recognized us as regulars and explained it was his grandmother's recipe. At lunch I always get the best veggie burger ever and my spouse prefers the homemade charcuterie plate. The lemon ice cream sandwiches made with perfect macaroons is a lovely summer dessert. Those who prefer a busy bar scene can dine at the front of the house with live music on weekends.Special Features:
- Fun placePCongemiDined on 6/19/2014Fun place with the music vibe. Food was good! Parking was a little difficult but there is valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed the foodDavin8Dined on 6/18/2014Food was great, they have many items that I will return to try in the future. Highly recommend reservations as they have music nightly and seating could be a problem. Want to try tasting menu. Great selection of beverage choices.Special Features:
- Dinner ConcertOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014Interesting place with good food and live background music. Unfortunately, the food portions are too small and overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kikkyDined on 6/14/2014Very friendly wait staff; Manager came by and was very enthusiastic about the new menu. Great to have some back ground music playing. Food was delicious, creative!Special Features:
- very consistentLostintranslationDined on 6/14/2014We have been to this place several times, and every time it was unforgettable. I really appreciate a good choice of gluten free dishes & impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all-aroundsarahmplsDined on 6/13/2014Every bit of our experience at Icehouse was great. The ambience was great (we weren't seated close to the music, so it wasn't loud, but we could hear and enjoy the live music). The service was excellent. All the food we ordered had something special about it. I can't think of anything that could have improved our experience there. I just moved to the neighborhood and I'm excited to go back many more times!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerTTL1980Dined on 6/10/2014The four of us arrived. The place was entirely empty except for the patio which was packed. It was a Tuesday night at 7, so maybe the day of the week influenced this. The food was very creative and tasted great. We had the scallops, ploughman's platter, smoked sturgeon. All very good.Special Features:
- Sweet Table for Twomeet2eatDined on 6/9/2014Icehouse was a great place for an early evening quit celebration destination for two. Loved the ambience - beautiful wood walls, high ceilings yet intimate feel, modern and vintage combined. The drink lists were extensive and we thoroughly enjoyed the fun names of the specialty drinks. So loved the food and our waitress really knew the menu helping navigate what she thought we would enjoy - brussel sprouts, mac and cheese, crab, and burger all made for a delicious evening. The food was excellent and we can't wait to return and try some other entrees - a goodly variety to choose from. The service was great as well. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Fabulous!JLmusicDined on 6/8/2014Once again a fabulous experience at Icehouse. The menu is creative and I am never disappointed with my choice. Great music and fine dining on a Sunday morning. Minneapolis is lucky to have this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, tasty, and... noisyFoodieLoverDined on 6/8/2014We came in a group of four to see local musicians play during brunch. The food was delicious, our server was EXCELLENT (knew just when to come and when to leave us alone, let us stay for nearly four hours to see the show and didn't hassle us to leave). We had a hard time hearing some of the music over the talking of two tables who were sitting directly in front of the stage, by monitors. Granted, they probably couldn't hear each other, but if their goal was to talk, they should have sat farther away from the musicians so others could hear the music. The beautiful interior space does little to buffer noise; it's a performance space, after all. :) Bottom line: tasty food, great service, and competing noise levels from music/customers.Special Features: