2528 Nicollet Ave South
Minneapolis, MN 55406Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://icehousempls.com/
- Phone: (612) 276-6523
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:11am-2:30pm (open seating)
Happy Hour:2:30-5pm, 10pm-Midnight (open seating)
Happy Hour Drink Specials: 4-6pm
Happy Hour: 10pm-Midnight (open seating)
Happy Hour: 9pm-1am
Late Night Snacks: 9pm-11pm (open seating)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Bickford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Daily
A word from Icehouse
Live Music Restaurant - A stomping ground for those who share our appreciation for a comfortable place to have a drink, healthy, quality food made from scratch and the cast of fine musicians who call MN home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Icehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (44)hot spot (36)late-night find (34)good for groups (34)vibrant bar scene (29)special occasion (28)great for outdoor dining (23)great for brunch (22)romantic (21)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Warm atmosphere and amazing cuisinegreatnightDined on 11/12/2014Greeted by owner and wait staff at your table, food was timely and hot. Very flavorful and did not disappoint. Great wine list and reasonable for a half bottle or bottle. Really enjoyed our time here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!EatingExplorerDined on 11/9/2014More than we had expected, my wife, our 20 yr. olde "Birthday Young Lady", & myself thoroughly enjoyed the dining/visiting/musical experience. The live band played Emmylou Harris-style Bluegrass, in 3-part harmony. We chose the back room, away from the band, so that we could visit more quietly. Friendly personnel. Delicious food in a limited, focused master chef's menu. My very first Scotch Bloody Mary with Laphroiag single malt, the drink was almost as expensive as the reasonably-priced entrees. Parking? No problem. MY newest favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MegPlus3Dined on 11/9/2014Went there with the kids for Sunday brunch and music. Music was great, staff was friendly but it took forever to get our food and the kids wouldn't eat their "soggy" french toast once we got it (and they're not really picky eaters). I'd try it again but probably not with the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014Good music it never fails, the mood is fantasic with the type of music. I love the broke down dollys they make the brunch so cozy ang quaint. I plain on visiting the venue for other music events. The acoustics in the place were quite good for being such an open space with very little absorption qualities on the walls. The design is been very well thought out and executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Food was good but a little pricey for the amount. Seating for 5 was awkward but servers and staff helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Another favorite...GeetaDined on 11/8/2014It was our first time, and we had an early dinner. We were seated promptly Waiter was polite and helpful. Great service and food. We both thought are food was very good. I had chicken and he had steak. We both agreed that we would go back again. On a side note, I loved the brussel sprouts (so good)!Special Features:
- Not just for dinnerCheesysmartgirlDined on 11/8/2014I really love the Ice House brunch menu. They prepare food that I wouldn't or couldn't prepare at home and offer a variety of fun coffee and brunch cocktails as well. Feels casual but not diner-like or uppity. Just something different with good food and service.Special Features:
- disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/4/2014Empty dining room at 6:30 reservation. Poor execution of a simple order....four of us...waitress brought wrong entree to one...returned it for the correct one but didn't arrive back at table until everyone else was finished with their entrees...- should have offered a salad or app while waiting on correct meal...shouldnt have taken so long. One entree was served on a piece of slate, no rim on platter so the juices from steak ran off onto the pants of our companion when the waitress set it down on the table.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOliverDined on 11/2/2014Great seats by the stage, great music, delish food and drinks! Super awesome staff! It was a fun spot for Sunday brunch on a beautiful fall day. Nice to find a new music venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed every thing about Icehouse. The food was intended for multiple portions so order accordingly. We had 3 starters 2 mains and 2 desserts. Great wine and I wish I could go back with time to try all the different whiskey's.Special Features:
- Halloween 2014DubAKDined on 10/31/2014We arrived a little past our reservation time but the host was able to give aa great wrap around booth. The setting is very romantic, which was perfect for our first night of vacation. There was a two piece band playing lightly followed by a larger as the night grew late. Considering it was Halloween the scene sticky morphed into a sea of interesting characters only increasing the entertainment. The staff was attentive but a little shorthanded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live musicfoodiekkDined on 10/24/2014Great if you are in the mood for live music. Great sound level, can still converse during the show. Great drinks and food to go with the ambiance.Special Features:
- birthdayelfishaDined on 10/6/2014I went on a Monday evening--very few people there, which was fine with me. The chorizo empanadas were fantastic, as was the "rabbit saddle", and my dining companion loved his smothered chicken. He did think his drink was overpriced, although he enjoyed it very much as well. The place has a really cool vibe, especially with the red stage curtain and lighting. A perfect birthday dinner for me :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ingredients for a Great Night OutBriGuyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Urban Environment + Creative Cocktails + Informed Service + Great Menu and Presentation + Live Music (quiet during dinner, more lively later in the evening). I highly recommend the Icehouse as a perfect spot for a great all around dining experience. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and each went for the Prix Fixe option. For $35: Small Plate, Entrée and Dessert. For an additional $15: A glass of wine for each course. Can't miss!!Special Features:
- Best ambiance on NicolletJoshDined on 10/3/2014Icehouse has never disappointed. Every single time the food is delicious (how do they make money on the salted caramel macarons?!) and the sipping drinks are the perfect amount:cost - do not miss out on their Hard Knock Life. The homemade pickle brine is worth drinking itself. The mix of music is always a big win (the cover can be a pain, but respect to the artists), and the ambiance is the best in Minneapolis.Special Features:
- service is keyEdMplsVIPDined on 10/3/2014We got there at 7:15 and were seated immediately. We didn't get our main course until 9:00 pm. No one attempted to keep us informed that there was a problem or offered us an explanation, just an apology after we finished our meal. We were a 2 person party with a simple order. Food was very good.
- BurgerPandaDined on 9/25/2014Go for the burger. It will make you top five easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Food great, but I would only recommend the three course diner, otherwise you will go home hungry. Portions could be just a bit largerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome music venueLike2eatDined on 9/21/2014Wildly varied menu, some fare you will not find anywhere else. Love the sound, spectacular sound tech!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Food was interesting with some interesting takes on classic brunch (eggs benedict with salmon). Service was awful. I rarely tip less than 15% and this time it was 10% (that was generous). We were there at 1:00pm on a Sunday with plenty of empty tables so I don't know what the problem was. We were charged twice for something we received once. Probably won't go back.
- Great musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Come for the music - ambiance and bands are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great show/Overpriced food & drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014I would definitely recommend this place to see a show!!! The sound was great, the crowd was great, the service was great and the band was absolutely amazing (Tina and the B-Sides)! Unfortunately, the prices for food and drinks is ridiculous. Just a couple of examples: $4 - $6 for a 12 oz can of beer (even Target field offers a better deal) and $12 for 3 tiny samples of cheese accompanied by 3 wafer size pieces of bread to share between 2 people... I did notice a new menu come out after 10:00 PM with food prices lowered by a couple of dollars. I would recommend having food somewhere else prior to coming to the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love IcehousejoelpmeyerDined on 9/12/2014I've always enjoyed seeing local acts play this place. Gaze into the glass jug pendant lights and try one of the 'sipping shost' on the cocktail list - it contains one that is like a 'fizzy manhatten' and is certainly one I'll be enjoying on all my future visits.Special Features:
- Nice spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Icehouse has some sweet dishes (the rabbit was excellent) along with a great list of outstanding cocktails (the rhubarb margarita is highly recommended). The old barnwood throughout makes for a very unique experience as well. What we loved about the menu was that it was filled with many different options for sharing and sampling--it makes for a great little experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Icehouse is HotPalmSpringsRegularDined on 8/25/2014We dined on the deck outside, which looks at a very nice green space. Food was great with very interesting flavor combinations. The small "shot" craft cocktails were fun to try and still a good-sized pour. The band was starting up inside just before we left, and we stayed for a while to hear them. Great music! The only complaint that we had and heard from neighboring tables is that they allow smoking "off the deck" but the rude smokers would just step down and stand right next to the deck and puff at the people dining (with complaints, I might add.) The parking lot is only 20 feet away and that should be where they can smoke to keep the dining area free from smoking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelicaDined on 8/24/2014We came for brunch and everything was excellent. This was my first time and it was so enjoyable that we are coming back for dinner. Looking forward to dinner and the awesome desserts.Special Features:
- solid choiceDanDinerDined on 8/21/2014The food, atmosphere, and music were satisfying, as usual. Tonight, the service was slightly off (e.g., slow to table, infrequent check-ups on drinks and food) but I think this was a glitch. I've been here many times, and usually they are spot-on across the board. I still plan to return and recommend this place. Over time, Icehouse has been solid and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanDDined on 8/16/2014Loved the ambience, food, service and wonderful live music. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBigDaddyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Had out of town guests and brought them to Icehouse for brunch. Good service and great food. Downside, my female guest found a black beard hair in her in her cocktail.Special Features:
- Very satisfiednemoDined on 8/9/2014Went to eat (not drink) with kids. Food and service was splendid, including the kids menu (best angel hair pasta with meatballs in town). We were sitting in the dining area behind the bar. Ceiling windows created a nice ambience. There was a little competition between the recorded music playing in the dining area and the live music in the bar (suggestion: shut off the recorded music while the live music is in session). Otherwise, everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeGriffinVIPDined on 8/8/2014We sat outside on the patio. Had a few decent drinks. We really enjoyed the food. They have a great variety on the menu. Loved the bone marrow and the cheese and meat plates. I would go back if I'm ever back in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Icehouse!2galsDined on 8/7/2014This was a special occasion (birthday) for our group & it was wonderful at Icehouse. We sat outside - great ambience. Great, attentive service, awesome, delicious & unique food & drinks. No music tonight but we've loved the music when we've been there previously. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Unique and Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014We went to the Icehouse for dinner at 7 on a Tuesday. We were the only people there (so felt a bit odd, given how large the space is), but it's a cool place (decor) and I imagine it's a great scene once the place fills up. The food was great - unique and nicely presented. Waitstaff were great at explaining menu offerings; The PLOUGHMAN'S PLATTER (assortment of smoked meat, fish & other savory bits) was beautifully plated, and delicious with a wide variety of unique offerings. We all loved the food and will definitely go back, although we'll go back to eat and listen to music. Note: Deck is nice, but they only have one or two tables for a party of four.Special Features:
- Favorite placeLostintranslationDined on 8/3/2014We have been to this place several times and are looking forward to our next visits! They are # 1 in all of the categories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch And Entertainment...AMAZING!DanaDined on 8/3/2014I came to the Ice House to see Treveld play during the brunch hours. The food was spectacular and the service was great too. I invited my family and some friends, and everyone had a lovely time. I cannot stress enough how amazing Treveld was at this location. The sound system was phenomenal!! Please continue to bring Treveld back! They are a "neighborhood gem", just like The Ice House. Next time I am in Minneapolis I intend of coming back. Thank you for hosting an amazing band that I cannot get enough of.Special Features:
- Fantastic Experience!cwaters12Dined on 8/2/2014Our entire experience at Icehouse was wonderful, from the bartender to our server and all the way through dessert! The staff was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain the menu and provide detailed recommendations. Our group tried several small plates, entrees and desserts and they were all unique, delicious and beautifully presented. Our favorites were: Small Plates: Marie's Beets and Marrow Bone Pho (both phenomenal) Entrees: Smoked Potato Gnocchi and Bulgogi (the Bulgogi presentation is great and you get a very large portion) Desserts: Salty Caramel Macarons (hands down) We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great EveningJenPDined on 8/2/2014We sat on the patio, despite the rain and had a great time. The soft shell crab was fantastic, as were the cocktails!Special Features:
- MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the music with dinner. We were there for the music, Todd Clouser and Chris Bates. The food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and music venueceejVIPDined on 7/27/2014Icehouse used to be a recording studio and this could be why it's such a great venue for local music. We met friends there last week to hear a new local band. We were just planning on drinks and snacks, but wound up eating a full dinner. The food was interesting and tasty. Hubby had the jerk pork rib which was huge...he liked it. I had the gnocci with peas puree, blue cheese and fennel...delicious and just the right amount. Also had a mixed greens salad that also had pea tendrils complete with flowers...yummy, healthy and very festive! Service was pretty good, but it was crowded and although very pleasant and helpful, the server had a little trouble keeping up.Special Features:
- Icehouse for lunchLlikes2eatinsuburbsVIPDined on 7/23/2014I have used a Groupon here twice and found it a great place for lunch. No one turns their nose up at you when you present your groupon. In fact, they act excited to see it and give great service. The food here is real gourmet dining, albeit informal. Each dish is prepared with fresh ingredients. Their beer menu is truly diverse and high quality. I had previously lunched here in the Fall and was pleasantly surprised to find outdoor dining on a quiet covered deck. The Icehouse deserves a high rating on the foodie lists. It is highbrow with low prices and a really cool vibe, inside and out.Special Features:
- The following 440 reviews are from the Icehouse reviews archive.