1855 Purdy Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.iceboxcafe.com/
- Phone: 3055388448x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rafael Marerro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Icebox Cafe
Icebox Cafe celebrates fresh, seasonal, quality cuisine carefully crafted to ensure that flavor and presentation are never sacrificed. Our menu includes organic produce, all natural meats, poultry and wild fish, as well as vegetarian and gluten free choices. Our bar offers an extensive selection of innovative specialty cocktails, micro brews and wines as well as an organic juice bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Icebox Cafe - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Icebox Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (5)romantic (4)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- neighborhood blessingmikeDined on 10/11/2014This eclectic spot gives the neighborhood a geniune upscale destination for brunch, lunch and dinner without being pricey or ordinary. Food has a healthful, Mediterranean bent, with excellent and varied desserts. Menu is limited but varied, and food is well presented and fresh. Decor is modern and comfortable. Hard to go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring Old Ice Box back!ExcellentVIPDined on 9/18/2014i kept going to the new location hoping that the food gets better and up to the old location flavors and value. We ordered the ceviche and crab cakes but they didn't feel fresh. They actually felt they had been frozen. The lamb was Ok and the one short rib I got was very good. The food at the new location seems always cold and not too fresh. Also, they seem to use too much glaze one everything that I least Ive ordered. Prices seem higher now. I wish I could have the skirt steak, the roasted potatoes and some of the vegetarian and asian flavor like dishes they had in the old location.Special Features:
- anonymousVIPDined on 9/15/2014Healthy delicious food offerings. Pleasant, appealing environment and thoughtful service. Menu and specific items available change three times a day and change again over the weekend. Recommend: Kale Caesar (offered @ lunch) Mushroom Flatbread (offered @ dinner) Vegetable quinoa, and green tea with fresh mint iced tea.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food okayDhurtakVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was okay..the Bloody Mary that my husband ordered was very watery and he sent it back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected... :(GigiVIPDined on 9/8/2014I was very excited about trying the Miami Spice Menu at Icebox but I was disappointed with the two choices. We got the short rib ragu (Miami Spice choice) & the ribs. The ragu was mediocre and the ribs were pretty tough it didn't fall off the bone... The coconut mushroom soup was amazing (Miami Spice choice)... On a positive note the ice tea is pretty great and the key lime pie. The service was great... but at least the choices we made were not pleasing... Sadly...Special Features:
- A favorite in South BeachCarloVIPDined on 8/31/2014Tucked away from the beach in an area known to the locals, this place is worth finding. Great ambiance, awesome wine list, and amazing comfort food. Save room for the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBonjour123Dined on 8/30/2014Icebox is officially my favorite restaurant in Miami. I went to some very expensive "trendy" restaurants while on vacation in Miami and Icebox just blew them out of the water with their incredibly fresh and tasty food...and what great friendly service! I wish there was an Icebox in NYC so I could eat there every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousVIPDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyable. Delightful atmosphere and good service. Delicious, healthy food choices. Recommend: Kale salad, Thai-style quinoa, salmon, mushroom arugula flatbread. Thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great Findtrvl2eatVIPDined on 7/27/2014Had dinner here on recommendation of friends. Located in a quiet neighborhood of South Beach. The décor has a Hamptons / Cap Cod feel. We ate at the bar. Super nice bartender mixed some great cocktails with a pear infused vodka they make there. The menu is very eclectic with something for every one. They indicate all natural and organic ingredients. Had a BBQ rib appetizer with a side of kimchee which was tangy and spicy...so good! For dinner ordered curry chicken and Wild Salmon. Both excellent choices with amazing flavors and cooked perfectly. We also heard they had outstanding desserts so we finished with the best carrot cake I have ever had. We are definitely going to come back and recommend this place to other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoritedisappointedDined on 7/10/2014Great restaurant especially for those who r on low carb. diet. Portions r a good size and the food is not disguised by a mystery sauce. Great place to go with friends and catch up. P.S. the salmon entree is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ice-creamOrlando1Dined on 7/3/2014Wanted to dine outside, seemed somewhat disconnected from the restaurant so chose inside table. Lighting was a bit dark, server seemed rushed at times and food was good overall. Don't miss the ice-cream which was some of the best ever.
- FOOD AND SERVICElizelaVIPDined on 6/22/2014GOOD FOOD AND GOOD PORTIONS, GOOD SERVICE GOOD LOCATIONSpecial Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Icebox Cafe reviews archive.
- Good food poor wine list and servicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014Improve the wine lists, service are nice but not professionalsSpecial Features:
- Good ambience, average foodShatnesDined on 6/10/2014Good service. The food was average. I had pork tenderloin which had little favor and was dry. I tasted the short ribs which was very good.Special Features:
- great food,over priced...breezeglDined on 6/6/2014we took my birthday cake to the restaurant ,because we were running late.. didn't think much of it,until they tell us there is a cutting fee? i'm thinking $5,maybe? the bill arrives with a $25 fee,even after we ordered one of their cake slice,that was not good.. after I complained,several times,they removed the charge.. it was a lovely birthday gift from ice box,we will not be going back~Special Features:
- Ice Box Ice ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/25/2014Ice Box Reception Person to us: " we do not take resevations for Brunch". Oh really: let's see. I have a confirmation email from Open table. Sort it out with them! And improve how you welcome people.