Ice House Cafe & Restaurant
140 Reynolds Avenue
New York, NY 10465Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ice House Cafe & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.icehousecafebronx.com/
- Phone: 7188635580
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Cash Only
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Terry 7188635580
- Entertainment: All bottles wine 25.00
A word from Ice House Cafe & Restaurant
Ice House Cafe is located on the waterfront overlooking the Throggs Neck Bridge. Our restaurant is a bustling rustic eatery overseen daily by founder and owner Terry Dambinskas with our friendly staff. This remains one of the best kept dining secrets in the city. Ice House Resaurant offers traditional Italian and American seafood specialties with stunning views of the marina. Current seasonal starters at Ice House Cafe include Lobster Bisque, Cream of Pumpkin, Corn Soup and Maryland Crab Cakes. Popular pastas include Spaghetti Carbonara, Rigatoni, Linguine Vongole and an extraordinary Penne Liberta. Main courses at Ice House Cafe include Arugula Fileto Salad with chunks of filet mignon, Chicken Bruschetta, Baby Lamb Chops, 20 oz. Certified Black Angus Ribeye Steak, juicy burgers, overstuffed heros and wraps. Leave room for the decadent house made Napoleon Tiramisu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ice House Cafe & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Charming decor - very friendly, polite, efficient staff from the greeter (I think was the owner), to the waitresses to the busboys. Thoroughly enjoyed all the food and the portions were generous. Didn't love the pinot grigio (just ordered a glass of unknown origin) but the rest of the experience made up for it. Awesome view of the Throggs Neck Bridge. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- ladies nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014my friend & I had a lovely dinner on the patio overlooking the throgs neck bridge. we had a great time with amazing food!!!Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the Ice House Cafe & Restaurant reviews archive.
- ICE HOUSEJoeyDined on 6/24/2014True neighborhood restaurant.This is not the Four Seasons. Rather a place few tourists will ever see but should in order to get an idea of how the natives dine. Be prepared for an affordable good meal with ample portions. The view of the marina & the Throggs Neck Bridge at sunset is also a highlight.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningLuckylorieDined on 6/24/2014Went to celebrate my birthday and had a very enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLoverDined on 5/11/2014So glad we came. Wonderful lobster bisque and generous portions. Very personable staff and owners. Great place. Would definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014I was worried when I made a last minute Valentines reservation. To my surprise, it was an unforgettable experience. The staff was beyond friendly and helpful. The view of The Throggs Neck Bridge was breathtaking. The restaurant is small with old but traditional furnishings creating a very close intimate feel. The food was absolutely amazing and large portion sizes. My husband and I can't wait to go again and try their brunch. Also, their prices are great for the quality of the food. I'm so happy I found this gem of a restaurant in the Bronx. I came from New Jersey and it was more than worth the ride!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood eating place,BBVDVIPDined on 10/31/2012Neighborhood eating place, no bar, and wine comes from a box
- Good Food, Good Service, Bad PolicyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2012Service was very good. Food was very good. My only issue is that when I made reservations via Open Table, there was no indication that credit cards were not accepted. Therefore, I was forced to use their ATM machine (and pay a service fee) to withdraw money to pay my bill. Acceptance of Credit Cards should be bolded when making reservations via Open Table for each restaurant. I wonder if the owner splits the service fee with the maker of the ATM machine. When I was at the restaurant, I saw 2 patrons have to go to the machine.Special Features:
- Dinner with a view!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/23/2012Nice find near home - quite a varied menu of home style Italian food. There are more options here for vegans and vegetarians, which I appreciated. Lovely view of the water and the Throgs Neck Bridge. No wine list, but OK house wine. Overall, good value and very friendly.wait staff.Special Features:
- To small but we made theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012To small but we made the best of it and the Veiw Was perfect after we ask to be move . Due we were seated in High traffic area. But the food was great will go back !Special Features:
- This restaurant is great toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012This restaurant is great to go for mother's day. this is the 2nd time i came here with my family for mother's day. The table was ready and there was no rush. the food was perfect, delicious.The service was the best. They gave all women chocolate roses.Special Features:
- A small local restaurant thattheoteacherDined on 5/4/2012A small local restaurant that offers delicious home cooked meals at a good price. We needed to feed a large group of hungry young adults on a budget, and this restaurant accomodated our needs. Everyone left having enjoyed a good meal. The shabby exterior would have put me off, but we had asked locals and they had already given us assurances that the food was good. It overlooks a boatyard and local marina, not really waterfront dining. If you happen to be in the area, and are hungry, it is a good option...
- Great findgregDined on 4/7/2012Second time there and not disappointed. Waitress was good, food was VERY GOOD. bottled beer selection okay (no draft) All in all a great choice for an afternoon (treat yourself) spicy mussels well worth the tripSpecial Features:
- Awesome food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The food was what I would call authentic Italian food. We went there for Valentine's Day and we truly enjoyed it. It was absolutely delicious!! We appreciated the box of chocolates that were given to us. The Brownies were also very yummy. The Waitress wrapped it up for us to go. I would recommned this restaurant to everyone. I can't wait to go back when it is warm so we can go out by the Marina and enjoy the view and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Friendly and accommodating,TurkVIPDined on 12/23/2011Friendly and accommodating, This place is right on the Long Island Sound. The food is bountiful and terrific, especially the seafood.Special Features:
- This is a simple waterfrontjorgeVIPDined on 11/11/2011This is a simple waterfront restaurant. Not much to brag about other than the view.Special Features:
- Nice local spotEugeriaDined on 9/30/2011Very simple roadhouse atmosphere. Very friendly and welcoming with a solicitous and eager staff. Italian ranging from classic sandwiches (eggplant parmesan, etc.) to more ambitious dishes (seafood risotto). We chose from the more ambitious dishes and found the food very salty and the house wines from a jug. Not worth a special trip, but a good local place.Special Features:
- Amazing meal with an amazingKellydDined on 9/14/2011Amazing meal with an amazing view. The lobster rolls are a must try. Nothing like I've ever had. The view was beautiful and the service excellent as always. Always make you feel at home. I don't know who the chef is....but he's a Keeper. Highly recommend the napolean and the calamari poblano.Special Features:
- Sitting by a marina (thereOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/1/2011Sitting by a marina (there is outdoor seating)with a great view of the Throggs Neck bridge, this low-keyed neighborhood restaurant serves decent Italian food. Does not feel like you are in NYC. Only thing we were not happy about is that the menu said that it took CASH only.Special Features:
- Ice House Cafe has great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/4/2011Ice House Cafe has great location by the Bx side of the Throogs Neck Bridge; convenient, relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff and good food. My wife had the Chicken Sorrentino, I had the Carbonara. Both were very tastey and the portions were a good size. The view of the Bridge is nice. Just a remindersr, cash only!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience.KellydDined on 7/25/2011Excellent dining experience. I would highly recommend it. Try the Calamari Poblano it is to die for. For dessert you must have the homemade Napolean, I have never tasted anything like it. Excellent service and friendly staff. Can't wait to go back and try some more of the very impressive specials.Special Features:
- bread arrived after entreeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2011bread arrived after entree with no butter. service really not the best , took away actually became dam near comical.
- Nice eats. Nice view of theTedMVIPDined on 7/8/2011Nice eats. Nice view of the marina near Throggs Neck Bridge. The Chilean Sea Bass dish was very good.Special Features: