151 East 50th St
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ibis-nyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 753-1144
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch, Bar, and Dinner
Bar and Lounge: 4:30pm-1am
Sundays: Brunch- coming soon
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Tim Hughes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our experienced events team works with each client to ensure that every one of our events is executed to the highest standard, with our clients’ specific goals and vision at the forefront of the process. At NOIR, we work with each client from start to finish to ensure beautiful and seamless events that exceed our client’s expectations.
- Entertainment: As the lights dim and the evening progresses, the dinner scene seamlessly transitions with DJs spinning the latest tracks through the state-of-the-art sound system. Guests can venture to the upstairs lounge and sip hand crafted cocktails and experience New York's latest lounge
- Special Events: Please contact us for any of your special event needs.
A word from IBIS
Our sweeping dining room is the very definition of opulence. With our two-raised tiers featuring wrap-around booths, and our hand-painted dome, our main dining room seats 140 and is the ultimate location for all your party and dining needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
IBIS reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (13)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (4)Show More
- poor service bland foodEricAndJulesDined on 10/11/2014we were concerned when we arrived to find the restaurant close to empty on a Saturday night. we were seated at a nice table, but our waitress seemed to be the only server. service was poor, she never checked if our meals were ok and left us with empty wine glasses. then again, the problem could be they were short staffed. the food was terrible. I could barely taste lemon in my lemon chicken and the skirt steak had no flavor.Special Features:
- Not RomanticmattwDined on 10/10/2014I decided to go to IBIS to celebrate my anniversary based on its high "romantic" rating. Disappointingly the place simply did not fit. There was incredibly loud obscure rock music playing that did not at all fit the look of the place. The only thing about the place that could be considered romantic is the booths on each side facing in. We both agreed the arrangement of the restaurant seemed like there should be some sort of performance going on in the center. What saved our meal was exactly that, the meal. The appetizer and entree for both of us was amazing. We might go back, just not for anything romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant!SuzCTVIPDined on 9/26/2014We went to this restaurant based on the reviews I read on Open Table. Elegant and opulent are the best way I can think of to describe the décor. It has a retro, jazz club feeling. The large banquets are very comfortable and the service was attentive. Our food was delicious. We all had some kind of fish. It was perfectly cooked and the accompaniments were equally as delicious. I am not sure why it was not more crowded for a Friday night, but we had a great meal. The bar is quite loud, but the music was turned down in the dining room so we could all hear each other talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great SpaceMarkVIPDined on 8/19/2014Food was excellent and the service was top notch. The space is very art-deco, 1930s with a huge glass front wine room and 2 story dining room. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!LAtoNYDined on 8/12/2014We originally stumbled on Noir while staying at the Affinia next door and feel like we stumbled on one of the best restaurants in NY. As former NYC residents, we have been to most of the high end restaurants in town and I can honestly say Noir is comparable to most of them. The food and menu are great. The ambiance is perfect. By this I mean, great lighting and reasonable music that allows for conversation. The service was fantastic and the chef even sent out dessert on the house. Noir is sure to be one of our mainstays for future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great space Food needs workAlexDined on 8/11/2014Great space Food and service need work. Burger was dry and overcooked. Brussels sprouts were boiled, not grilled
- The following 116 reviews are from the IBIS reviews archive.
- Beautiful Friday nightCrazyredVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had dinner on a gorgeous Friday night. We sat at bar first right outside the restaurant and it was fabulous. The restaurant was quiet probably because it's summer. The food was delicious!! My girlfriend and I had fish our husbands had pasta and steak. Everyone loved everything. The service was great. Fabulous find.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerThecritixDined on 6/28/2014I went to noir with my wife for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. It was not crowded at all, we were seated and served promptly. I didn't stick around to see it transform into a nightclub however as a restaurant it operated perfectly. Unlike so many other places in NYC noir did not force you to sit closer to the person next to you than your date! The EXTRA large booth was a very nice romantic experience. The ambiance is fantastic and very romantic. I would absolutely recommend NOIR for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent night @ NoirgoodspotDined on 6/27/2014Noir decor is awesome, I would say it definitely is a hidden gem that ppl don't know about yet. Food and service was excellent. We went for my birthday on a Friday night and a live Dj was playing music while we ate, which brought the energy level up. I would definitely recommend for groups, date night girls night. We could've got up and started dancing in btwn bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement Partyswk1976Dined on 6/25/2014The restaurant's decor throughout the establishment gives a rich and classy vibe but a welcoming staff, great event coordinator, and most of all, out standing service that everyone raves about. The food and drinks might be kind of pricey, but you're in Midtown and have to expect that. But once you're inside, you know it's worth it. I also had a corporate staff lunch with my boss and team, and they were impressed with the choice and asked how I found this place. I said at Open Table and read the amazing reviews from others. I'm also contacting the event coordinator to have my wedding there and another corporate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoirBirthdayDined on 6/24/2014Not kid friendly. While our waiter gave good service, we felt like he was not happy we brought 9 yr olds ( who were very well behaved)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good clean fun.LambentDined on 5/30/2014I met my cousin for dinner on a Friday night -- she's living out of town and it was near her hotel. Noir was fun and festive, really an ambiance play if you want good music that makes you feel happy and energized in a pretty, cool midtown setting. The food was good, esp the rolls; the server was nice; it was perfect for unwinding after a hard week over drinks and food in a place that then got you wound back up a little in the right way.Special Features:
- fabulousEJProwlDined on 5/28/2014Thanks for an incredible experience. The food and wine were simply amazing and we're definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMazVIPDined on 5/27/2014Even though the place was empty for lunch I had to keep searching for our server. Then the items on the lunch menu on the website were not available for lunch. I was told I didn't read the website correctly! Ok place but not worth the price
- DebbieDined on 5/24/2014Nothing noteworthy; cocktails were good; very dark inside; few English speaking people; very pleasant waiter, but would not go back
- Apps are goodAnnieDined on 5/20/2014Ambience was great. Nice decor. Appetizers amazing but entrees dry (bass and steak). Hostess was friendly. Waiter hard to find for water. Overall just ok.Special Features:
- Awful service, mediocre foodLoveFoodnycDined on 5/15/2014The waitress was extremely rude... Food was just okay... Nothing to justify the price.
- OkciCiDined on 5/9/2014Fab decor. Food was subpar. Friday night was empty which was surprising. Wait staff was great. Needs more menu options. Con they would let you order a side of pastaSpecial Features:
- Good food but Lacking in ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/7/2014First off, I want to say that the dining room is beautiful, but it is not open for lunch. During lunch you have to eat at high-tops in the bar. The food was great. I had cream of asparagus soup that was fantastic. The scallop’s appetizer was also very fresh and delightful. Unfortunately the service was not quite so delightful. I was given silverware with large pieces of food on it and when I politely asked for it to be replaced the waiter acted like I was inconveniencing him and didn’t apologize for the dirty silverware. We had to get our waiter’s attention every step of the way throughout the meal (and he only had two tables). I had to flag him down to order, get more water, and to ask for the check. Serve lack of professionalism.
- Such a great place!KikiMacDined on 5/2/2014My friends and i went for my birthday and it was so much fun.. The place itself is gorgeous and it has such a glamourous feel.. The dj was so good and played great music.. The food yum yum yum!!!! The mini sliders were delish! Everything was amazing including our waitress , very friendly.. I loved it and cant wait to go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous eveningJoePDined on 4/28/2014The menu, though limited, had a great selection of outstanding choices ranging from the simple sirloin steak to elegant lamb chops and a lobster in cream sauce. Plenty of choices for starters, as well, including oysters and a variety of salads. Our deal included a bottle of wine and we were offered a nice selection of reds and whites. The decor was lovely, with large curved booths around the perimeter and roomy table settings throughout. The bar was lively and loud, but the sound did not carry into the dining room providing the perfect mix of settings. Overall, I think this is one of the nicest moderately priced restaurants in Manhattan and I look forward to returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoirRossNDined on 4/28/2014Fantastic decor and staff. The BLT is highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noir's a be-backMangeoDined on 4/24/2014The front bar area was somewhat loud but the sound level in the dining area was reasonable and allowed conversation. We arrived at 7:30 and there were only a few tables occupied. The DJ was close to our booth, active and entertaining. The food offerings were varied and our dinners (tuna tartar, pizza and Kobe beef sliders) were very good, . Our waitress was efficient and always available but she did not hover. We will return the next time we visit NYC.Special Features:
- Solid restaurantShenandoahDined on 4/23/2014Very pleasant - nice apps here - great services - prices very reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dizzyDined on 4/18/2014Very please with Noir as this was our first time eating at this restaurant. We were 30 mins early for our reservation and were seated promptly; and seated in the area that we requested. Our server was friendly and prompt, the ambiance was mellow/relaxing, good music in the background- not to loud. The food was great...I had the Beef short ribs which was very tender. Overall, great experience. I would definitely go back there again.Special Features:
- Very NiceChino1577Dined on 4/12/2014I have not complaints about the NOIR! The staff and service was great and they sat us even though we were 30min late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFinestDined on 4/11/2014I've try something different every time I dine here. Everything is good. Lobster gratin was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, beautiful decorOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/5/2014The food was great and the decor was beautiful! A wonderful spot for a date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2014The food was awful! Boursin cheese spread on a margherita flatbread pizza... frozen oysters with briny remoulade sauce and NO oysters! Coca-cola soda from teh fountain, all syrup, no carbonation! Cancelled the remaining items ordered and asked for the check! I would never go there again.
- Good food, good service. Lush;timmmykVIPDined on 3/29/2014Good food, good service. Lush; opulence fit for a Kardashian or a Kardashian follower. Young-ish, urban. Scene-y.Special Features:
- We had a bad experience. WaiterWisewordsDined on 3/26/2014We had a bad experience. Waiter forgot our food. Food was not a 4 star as you indicated. What I would call a young person's meet market. Also toe large corporate parties may have been another problem.Special Features:
- Bday Dinner & PartySherllyoDined on 3/22/2014Spent my birthday day here. Had dinner at 9pm then got a VIP bottle service after 10:30 when it turned into a club. Super fun night! I would definitely go back and recommend this place to anybody who wants to have a great time for dinner and party!Special Features:
- Great dinner and drinksJanineVIPDined on 3/21/2014Really enjoyed! The beef carpacio was awesome as was the tuna tartare salad. The ambiance is nice, romantic almost. I also enjoyed the strawberry basil cocktail. Have gone now three times so really do like this place!Special Features:
- Would been giving 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014Would been giving 5 stars but 1) the hostess didn' t inform us the $25 cake fee when she got our birthday cake. 2) they calculated the tips for us. The food and services are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceSteveDined on 3/8/2014The food was very good and the ambiance was great. The only issue I had was that the waiter was rushing us because the restaurant area was turning into a nightclub.Special Features:
- Quality and Service has Gone DownOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/28/2014The service was extremely slow and our food came out cold! I was so upset and turned off that my husband and I didn't even eat our main course and instead went to a different restaurant. The server was given too many tables to handle, including two big parties of 8 - so we were ignored. Plus - one of the groups were regulars, so the manager spent about 20 minutes socializing with them instead of coming over to our table and possibly trying to make up for the fact that we sat in front of empty salad plates for almost 15 minutes. When we did get the manager's attention he was insincere and didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered by us. Definitely do not recommend for a quiet date night!
- Nicely Done at NOIREGDCVIPDined on 2/25/2014Enjoyed attentive service. Good food...very nice salad and a decent wine selection by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite places in NYC!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014I discovered Noir one night with two of my friends by randomly walking by. I live in the neighborhood but had never been. It is now one of my favorite places to go and I just organized a small party for my friends there last weekend and the staff was unbelievably accommodating. Not to mention, the food is OUTSTANDING. I've never had better Salmon Tartare in my entire life. I would highly recommend Noir for small parties, big parties, date night, night out with the guys or girls, anything! Noir is most definitely my new go-to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceAlfieDined on 2/15/2014We booked this restaurant only a few hours before dining on a Saturday night, we were looking for somewhere kind of special as we were celebrating my 40th birthday weekend and wanted a nice romantic setting. We were not disappointed. The restaurant is beautiful; luxurious comfortable seating, chandeliers, lovely decor, just what we were looking for. The staff were attentive, and although the menu is not exhaustive, our meals were lovely. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day dinnerMaxwellsDined on 2/14/2014I found Noir on Yelp, and I must say it was a great find. The ambiance and decor of the restaurant/ lounge was perfect for an intimate valentines day dinner. The service was good as well as the food. Overall I enjoyed myself and woul come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.