The Iberian Pig
121 Sycamore Street
Decatur, GA 30030Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
The Iberian Pig
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.iberianpigatl.com/
- Phone: 4043718800x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chad Crete
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer offsite catering for any of your business or social gatherings please contact us at the restaurant for more information and menus.
- Private Party Facilities: Our upstairs private rooms can accommodate any of your business or social gatherings with a level of intimacy and comfort rarely found elsewhere. The room equiped with its own private restroom can accommodate up to 60 guests.
Our semi-private wine room in the front of the restaurant can be reserved as well for groups as large as 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: Leigh Ann Miller 404-371-8800x
- Cross Street: Church St.
- Public Transit: We are located directly in the Decatur Square. There is a Decatur MARTA stop located in front of the restaurant.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Street parking is located in and around the Decatur Square. There is also parking available at the Corner of Church Street and E. Trinity for $3.00.
At the corner of E. Trinity and Commerce there is a large parking garage that has free parking after 6pm. There are spots located on N. McDonough St. at the intersection of E. Trinity St. next to City Hall.
A word from The Iberian Pig
The Iberian Pig offers a new concept to diners looking for something out of the ordinary. Combining the tastes of Spain, with a fresh, eclectic, American social atmosphere. The focus of the menu is on traditional cured meats and Spanish cheeses, tapas, salads, cocas (flatbreads), and main plates. There is also a major emphasis on the beverage side with a phenomenal wine list comprised of selections from Spain, Chile, and Argentina. And last but not least, the bar at The Iberian Pig is aimed to bring back the lost art of building classic cocktails, and celebrating the unsung bartender as an artisan of sorts. Ranging from faithful classics to signature cocktails of culinary inspirations, each drink is crafted skillfully, and with great passion.Continued
We look forward to serving you.
We look forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Iberian Pig - Best Restaurants in Decatur ›
The Iberian Pig reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (237)neighborhood gem (176)special occasion (149)hot spot (113)romantic (101)notable wine list (100)good for groups (91)vibrant bar scene (67)great for outdoor dining (63)late-night find (32)scenic view (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Fantastic Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/25/2014We were looking for a gluten free menu to accommodate someone with Celiac Disease and could not have been more impressed with the menu, the food, and all of the staff's knowledge and accommodation of the special diet. Those of us who did not have dietary restrictions were equally impressed and pleased with the service and food. Will be back!Special Features:
- PeachyDined on 10/25/2014We had a party of six, sat outside, and ordered 12 tapas. Delicious food, excellent environment. Had a great time. PeachySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying too harddLIGHTfullDined on 10/25/2014The food, staff and even decor were all trying to hard to impress. I think if the restaurant simplified and tone down efforts to be expensive, they would provide a better experience and quality of food.Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great location in the square, great food...overall delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Iberian Pig was very disappointing. I do not mind paying high prices for food if it's good. Everything seemed to covered in a rather tasteless BBQ sauce. Wine selection was OK as was the service. Iberian Pig is overated.
- Yup...it's THAT good.zackarykeefDined on 10/18/2014Everything you've heard is true. The Iberian Pig is truly phenomenal. We dined at prime time on a Saturday evening, and although the restaurant was bustling as expected, we were seated immediately upon checking in for our reservation. Great ambiance, service was prompt, and the server was knowledgable, friendly, and helpful. We ordered six of the tapas...all delicious. They were brought out in perfect timing and order, and we finished with the best (and one of the best things I've ever tasted), the huevo con trufa. Cocktails were delicious as well, and the special that evening I ordered was THE best drink I've ever had, although I don't remember the name. I highly recommend this place; you won't regret it. I look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Spanish Tapas!WajaDined on 10/17/2014Absolutely the best Spanish tapas I have had in a long time in any city. Our server, Gabriella ("Bella") was knowledgeable of (and passionate about) the food, and the Spanish and South American wines, and did not hesitate to spend some time with us explaining everything so that our dining experience was top notch. We shared 6 tapas between the 2 of us and I would be hard pressed to pick just one favorite from the bunch. I will definitely return here the next time I am in Atlanta. Too many tapas dishes on the menu that I haven't tried yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Yum Yumluv2dineDined on 10/17/2014Yum Yum Yum Yum. The Iberian Pig was yummy. My girlfriend and I shared yummy tapas as well as a select few yummy cheeses and meats. They were yum. And then all the tapas were yum. Desert was yumSpecial Features:
- Iberian Pig does not disappoint.FauxShoDined on 10/16/2014Enjoyed great drinks and food with family and friends. It's worth the trip to Decatur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingfoodisgoodDined on 10/16/2014This was my second time dining at the Iberian Pig with my wife. We had a phenomenal first experience, and our second experience was just as good! The bacon wrapped dates and pork tacos are a must. One of the new dishes we tried were the veal ravioli, and it was a great choice! We will definitely be coming back again.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBmfRedDined on 10/14/2014We celebrated our anniversary at the restaurant on a week night. The food was delicious, the cocktails expertly made and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieEDined on 10/12/2014Everything we ordered was amazing. Highly recommend the veal ravioli and the lamb pasta under the larger plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Recommended to us and it didn't disappoint. Most of the menu is tapas. So many delicious dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas and Fantastic ServiceddayoubDined on 10/12/2014The food is Spanish fusion, small plate-style. The service is excellent. If I have one regret, it's that we didn't go with friends so that we could all order and share more dishes. Worth the high prices especially in a moderate-sized group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to have found Iberian Pig!CgriffVIPDined on 10/11/2014Words cannot describe how pleased we were with our first experience here! Our server Jeff was great as were the bartenders Joe and Molly!!! We had the pleasure of meeting Federico (the owner) and were blown away with passion he and his staff have for this restaurant. Our only complaint is that we were not in town long enough to go back in for dinner a second time. The Iberian Pig is top on our list to visit when we come back and until then we will continue to send our friends that are visiting Atlanta and that currently live in the area to this establishment!Special Features:
- Not for a romantic date nightTarHealerDined on 10/11/2014Great food, but very loud and crowded on a Saturday night. Hard to even hear the waiter. Definitely not romantic, but would have been awesome with a group of great friends. Drink LOTS of water. We had quite a bit of chorizo and charcuterie, which left us feeling a bit dehydrated the next morning. But the food was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014This restaurant has not let me down. It is truly some of the best food in Atlanta. I would move in if I could.Special Features:
- Food was very goodWaltDined on 10/11/2014Scallops, mushroom flatbread, jamon iberico and Wagyu beef were spectacular. Huevo con Trufa and Manchego mac and Cheese were good but very heavy. Would not recommend having as last two courses which we did. Service was good, but our waiter didn't seem as knowledgeable or descriptive about the food as the waitress at the next table. The Iberian Old Fashioned is quite possibly the best cocktail I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!PinkOrchidDined on 10/10/2014The food is absolutely outstanding. Just incredible. Our favorite was the "huevos con trufa", braised pork cheeks with a soft poached egg and grated black truffle on top.. so. tasty.Special Features:
- Tasty TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014It was my 2nd visit to the Iberian Pig and this time was just as great as the first. Excellent service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationDonnaMDined on 10/5/2014Everything was perfect. We were seated at a corner booth, away from the crowd, where we were able to have a conversation and celebrate two birthdays. It seems like we sampled almost everything. Each tapa was simply delicious. Couldn't have asked for better service.Special Features:
- Foodies delightCOHSDined on 10/1/2014This is our second visit. it was restaurant week but we went to try several small plates and, as before, were treated to many different and creative small dishes. The olives are generous, the cheese ham, salads, pork tacos absolutely delicious. the pork flatbread had too much sweetness and other mix of flavors- needed either less honey or less vinegreitte? and was served round like a pizza. the 'pretty good' house wine was not good, upgrade. there were problems with continuity of service. we took turns watching each other eat first 4 items, not sure what happened but my guest wasnt happy. and we had to request bread (offered last time). but the food is the reason for the trip.Special Features:
- great find in downtown DecaturFrankyVDined on 9/27/2014Good food. Great ambiance. Friendly wait staff. Definitely a great find in downtown DecaturSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food; hectic, slow serviceAlainDuCVIPDined on 9/27/2014delicious food, reasonably priced. went there on an extremely busy night. service was glacial and place was noisy. but i will be going back on a less crazy night in hopes of a great overall exeperienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!LynneDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I loved the restaurant! The atmosphere was fun, the food delicious, and our server was very helpful! This was our first visit as we were visiting in the Atlanta area and the restaurant was recommended to us by our neighbors who lived in the Atlanta area before moving to Ohio. We enjoyed our evening at the restaurant and would highly recommend it to others.Special Features:
- lovely eveningtheduoDined on 9/26/2014We booked a table for an anniversary dinner ... the first spot we were assigned to was awful ... kudos to the staff who gave us a much nicer table as soon as as I asked for one. The food is superb and the service was wonderful; the staff also gave us an anniversary card - what a sweet gesture! We had an amazing gin and cucumber cocktail along with our dinner - pity I don't remember the name. It was a special feature for the evening. The restaurant noise level is very high; I wouldn't recommend the restaurant for a romantic evening. having said that we loved the food and would definitely go back the next time we are in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Special dinnerronandkimVIPDined on 9/24/2014i booked dinner for or anniversary and mentioned that on Open Table. From the start they treated us very special. the front table at the window and their was a Happy Anniversary card signed by the entire staff already on the table. our waiter was fantastic and very knowledgeable about every menu item and the entire wine list. the bacon wrapped dates are a must, just like at their sister restaurant Sugo. the special that was scallops which we have learned from Sugo that you absolutely have to try their specials because so much care and attention goes into each item. it cold not have been a better evening.Special Features:
- I.Ps anniversay celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2014We returned to the Iberian Pig for their anniversary celebration. The food and service as we have come to expect was very good. There is a comfortable but upscale atmosphere and the same can be said for the food. Nice variety to the menu this time augmented by several roasted suckling pigs and an extra aged leg of Iberian ham being hand sliced for the occasion. The Pig falls into the special occasion category for us and with each visit we are reminded why we return. An all around solid restaurant experience.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014If you are a fan of truffle, this is definitely a place to try. Lots of goodies on the menu with it.Special Features:
- Great drinks, bad kitchen & managerKevinVIPDined on 9/19/2014Cocktails were excellent. Main dishes were delivered 10 minutes apart, partially cold (waiters said kitchen was overwhelmed). Tried to charge us the full amount until I called the manager. Then they took off the ruined dishes. Not very professional.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Very much enjoyed this non-ostentatious gourmet restaurant. Great concept. Great for carnivores. Everything at a good price point.Special Features:
- JustBeeVIPDined on 9/15/2014Stopped in for drinks and tapas - we recommend the bacon wrapped dates! (along with everything else1!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesdiningduoDined on 9/15/2014We enjoy taking out of town guest to the Iberian Pig. Food is very good, with the tappas menu, we can all experience many different dishes and flavors. Cocktails are special. Good wine list and very good service. One of Decatur's Best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TableOf5Dined on 9/15/2014Had a great experience at IP! Well informed service staff and well executed food make for great meal. Looks like the new chef is already making some good changes with the food. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceGcarcrDined on 9/13/2014The Iberian Pig is a great place for sharing small plates. The service was friendly and fast, and the food was really good. If you are going in the evening, make a reservation.Special Features:
- First timerChuckDined on 9/13/2014Had heard so much about this place had to drive 45 minutes to get there. Excellent food and ambience. Wish it was closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Loud on the MezaninestraightDined on 9/12/2014We were four, but were placed on the Mezanine at a table for six or seven, and with three tables of eight or ten nearby, who were raucus, which is fine, but the sound was too loud in the low ceilinged place for us to have a good conversation. I suspect we would have enjoyed the evening more if we had been on the main floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot onMajorfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Exactly what we were looking for a yummy birthday dinner. Spencer was fantastic, wine was awesome, and food was super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Loved the focus on Spain-sourced meats, cheeses, and wines. A subdued, yet vibrant scene with staff bustling around, patrons enjoying their food and drink. If you are making a night at Eddie's attic or some other venue, this is a great place to enjoy a meal beforehand.Special Features:
- Unexpected and very good!DiDiDined on 9/11/2014We opted for tapas over dinner and we made some great choices. Staff made excellent recommendations. They are well versed on the menu and the wines.Special Features: