The Iberian Pig
121 Sycamore Street
Decatur, GA 30030Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
The Iberian Pig
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.iberianpigatl.com/
- Phone: 4043718800x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chad Crete
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer offsite catering for any of your business or social gatherings please contact us at the restaurant for more information and menus.
- Private Party Facilities: Our upstairs private rooms can accommodate any of your business or social gatherings with a level of intimacy and comfort rarely found elsewhere. The room equiped with its own private restroom can accommodate up to 60 guests.
Our semi-private wine room in the front of the restaurant can be reserved as well for groups as large as 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: Leigh Ann Miller 404-371-8800x
- Cross Street: Church St.
- Public Transit: We are located directly in the Decatur Square. There is a Decatur MARTA stop located in front of the restaurant.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Street parking is located in and around the Decatur Square. There is also parking available at the Corner of Church Street and E. Trinity for $3.00.
At the corner of E. Trinity and Commerce there is a large parking garage that has free parking after 6pm. There are spots located on N. McDonough St. at the intersection of E. Trinity St. next to City Hall.
A word from The Iberian Pig
The Iberian Pig offers a new concept to diners looking for something out of the ordinary. Combining the tastes of Spain, with a fresh, eclectic, American social atmosphere. The focus of the menu is on traditional cured meats and Spanish cheeses, tapas, salads, cocas (flatbreads), and main plates. There is also a major emphasis on the beverage side with a phenomenal wine list comprised of selections from Spain, Chile, and Argentina. And last but not least, the bar at The Iberian Pig is aimed to bring back the lost art of building classic cocktails, and celebrating the unsung bartender as an artisan of sorts. Ranging from faithful classics to signature cocktails of culinary inspirations, each drink is crafted skillfully, and with great passion.Continued
We look forward to serving you.
We look forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Iberian Pig - Best Restaurants in Decatur ›
The Iberian Pig reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (257)neighborhood gem (192)special occasion (177)notable wine list (123)romantic (117)hot spot (117)good for groups (96)vibrant bar scene (77)great for outdoor dining (69)late-night find (42)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (11)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Georgia GemAdrianVIPDined on 8/28/2014There's a lot to love about this Tapa influenced restaurant in Decatur. My personal experience began a few years ago and kicked off excellently. Since then I continue to love spending an evening to enjoy the wonderful environment, professional and friendly staff, and of course excellent dishes. What makes Iberian Pig such a memorable visit is that it does justice to the Spanish cuisine. These are my recommendations which are also my favorite plates to order: The Albondigas, Braised Veal Shank Ravioli, Huevo Con Trufa, and my absolute favorite- The Foiench Toast. The flavors in the food are excellent and will leave you craving for more. It goes without saying that I'm strongly recommending one of my favorite restaurants, "Buen Provecho!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpassed all expectations!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014There was a moment when our server Jay was describing a salad (!!) and I thought "he may very well be the best server I've ever had!" The food, suggested wine pairings, warm confident and not overbearing staff made our experience surpass all our expectations. The tapas menu is creative, letting all the flavors really thrive (a happy contrast to the rather bland menu of Barcelona Wine Bar). We were here on date night and it was just perfect. Our newest favorite dinner spot-- right alongside boccolupo, Woodfire grille & the optimist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmmmmm mmmm goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014It came highly recommended and we were not disappointed. Spencer was our server. He was wonderful. We ate everything we had never heard of before. We were not disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Wine price list deceiving, wasnt asked which option I wanted (3.5 or 6 oz) and ended up paying 17$ for a single glass of wine......overpriced. Other than that it was amazing!Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerJohnDined on 8/24/2014Everything we had was delicious. I had the scallops as my entree and it was the best scallops I've ever had. The cheeses are amazing. Burger was great.Special Features:
- Worth the drive!CEP1Dined on 8/24/2014We've known about The IP for years and finally decided to try it for a family member's birthday. Our entire family thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Great spot, yummy food (had trouble narrowing down the tapas -- there were so many good ones) and some nice wine. Ended with dessert that might have trumped the rest -- molten lava cake with coffee flavored gelato and their version of crème brulee. Very attentive service staff as well. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We have never been disappointed with any of our food choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Decatur. A must goOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014One of out favorite restaurants. Great drinks, small plates and wines. We finished the night with flourless chocolate cake and select sherrys . Great night....Special Features:
- WonderfulMrsWestDined on 8/23/2014This is our go-to spot for special occasions or group dinners. The menu has excellent small plates (tapas) for sharing, or full meal sized plates. Our favorites are bacon wrapped dates, pork cheek tacos and huevo con trufa. Everything we've ever had has been excellent, and the wait staff is attentive and helpful. Go out of your way to enjoy this great dining experience - you will be glad that you did.Special Features:
- poor serverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014server only appeared to take our order and to give us the checkSpecial Features:
- Always GreatbmackinathensDined on 8/22/2014Our most recent visit to IB was excellent, as always. We arrived early, with our table ready. Service was efficient, friendly, helpful, but not intrusive. The Pork Cheek tacos are a must on every visit for us. We tried the Mushroom Pizza this visit. WOW. The super thin crust was very crisp and flavorful. The IB Burger perfect. Too much food for us to get to dessert this time.Special Features:
- Amazing!EMJCDined on 8/16/2014I have been here several times and I always leave happy. The food is delicious and the service is great. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Great food, lousy serviceSpeedfilmDined on 8/16/2014Awful overcrowded front entry experience, long wait for table even with a reservation, service was slow and forgetful.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014The good and service were excellent! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 8/15/2014We went to the Iberian pig for our one year wedding anniversary. We didn't have a great experience. Apparently one of our tapas plates got delivered to the wrong table, so we waited an extra amount of time, then we never recieved another tapas order that we placed. Our server was wonderful. We wanted to make our annivery special and we felt that we left highly disappointed.
- great restaurantgoodfoodDined on 8/13/2014positives: great food. awesome wine list. attentive staff. great for special occasions. negatives: sometimes even if you have a reservation, you have to wait. didn't feel like the air was on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Venue for Good TimesDavidATLDined on 8/13/2014I've eaten at the Iberian Pig numerous times and have found it to be a solid choice each time. I generally eat tapas, though sometimes share a main plate with others. It's a bit pricey when you add drinks and I always lose count of the number of tapas plates I order. The food prep was a bit uneven on my earliest visits, but this time everything was prepared just right! I will keep recommending this restaurant and will keep eating there myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spotLocalistoDined on 8/9/2014Honestly, there are a lot of options, but we keep going back because this place is magical. One of Decatur's finest. Anything you think you will like, you will. Anything your not sure of you should try. Bacon Wraped Dates! Yeah, baby!Special Features:
- I love pigs!LovetoEatDined on 8/9/2014This was our second time to The Iberian Pig and I can't wait to go back. It was pretty late, 10pm so they were out of a few things like the foie gras :( but there are so many great things to choose from it didn't matter too much. You have to try the Jamon Iberico - it's worth every penny. We stuck with the meat/cheese trays, tapas (pork cheek tacos & veal shank raviolis) and salads (kohlrabi). On a previous visit my son had the filet atop the pork belly - Hello? can we say "died and gone to heaven?" Meat, cheese and great wine - what more do you need? Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iberian PigLewisDined on 8/7/2014Great and unique offerings. excellent service, good wine. Overall an extremely pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off-nighttonyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Have been here before and I have to say that this is one of my favorite restaurants. This time everything was off. Food and service was not as great as usual. Hope the restaurant just had an off-night. On the good side the management was great.Special Features:
- A touch of Spain in DecaturnetmarcosDined on 8/4/2014Traditional tapas mixed with some interesting original fare in a semi rustic setting. Great, friendly service. My only regret is that the scallops aren't served in dozens. I will be dropping by anytime I am in the Atlanta/Decatur area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Iberian Pig was a great venue and my wife and I couldn't be happier with the food selection. Drinks were also very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cramped but tastyMattDined on 8/2/2014Make sure you request a private table or outdoor dining. Normal seating is a bit too close to your neighbor, and you may want to enjoy your meal privately. Tapas delicious, but don't go here hungry. Drinks outstanding, and that made up for the lack of privacy and tiny portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You !!!HappyexperienceDined on 8/1/2014I made reservations online for my son's birthday. We had never been to your restaurant. I mentioned in the comments that it was his birthday celebration. Your staff unexpectedly made the whole family celebration SO SPECIAL!! Never have we had a family birthday celebration in any establishment that was so very classy! We were treated with care, congeniality, and my son felt special. I will recommend your wonderful establishment to everyone!! What a great staff you have! The birthday card, the little candle, and champagne was so very special and very classy! Thank you so much and our family will be back many times to enjoy such fine dining, wonderful ambiance, and great service. A sweet memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Change of Pace for DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/29/2014I really enjoyed our recent dinner at the Iberian Pig. I went there five years ago and thought it was pretty good, but I guess not notable enough to go back. I've grown tired of the whole farm to table thing though, and wanted to go somewhere different. This was just what I was looking for. Originally, I though the prices were a little high for the portion sizes, but I would say this has changed. The Jamon Iberico is wonderful, as well as the grilled chorizo. I stuck with the tapas because I like to try a bunch of smaller different things, but some folks around me had larger plates and everything that came out of the kitchen looked great. The waitress was super knowledgeable and made great wine (and even sherry) recommendations.Special Features:
- ImpressedkerbearDined on 7/28/2014We were very impressed with the food and both agreed it was the best meal we have had in a while. The scallops were amazing, as well as, the charcuterie. Our waiter James, was great at making suggestions and he definitely did not disappoint. Overall great food, great service and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably fantastic!IntownGirlDined on 7/28/2014This place never misses a beat. The old favorites are always great, but there's always something new and interesting to try.Special Features:
- Very creative foodRaRaDined on 7/26/2014The food is very creative -- you won't have the combos elsewhere. Mostly small plates, great for sharing. Heavy on meats (a lot of cured meats), which I don't eat, but plenty of choices for non-meat eaters. Food is very good. Down side for me is the noise level. Still worth going if you like food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/26/2014Simply fantastic food! Service was tremendous and the food was divine!Special Features:
- Dinner July 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014Food is spectacular. Service is too except took 15 minutes for someone to take our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW second timeUncriticVIPDined on 7/21/2014Like a good wine, it gets better with time. Second visit and it was better than the first time. Great quality of food and perfect patronage from all personnel. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect "date night" restaurantdwjgaDined on 7/21/2014I took my wife on a "date" there last weekend. We made reservations online and were immediately seated upon our timely arrival. The food and beverages were excellent. I recommend the bacon wrapped dates and the hueovo con trufa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Good was excellent and service was impeccable! We did the tapas and each dish was more delicious than the last. They kept the food coming right on schedule and with a smile. The only drawback was the final bill is not for the faint of heart but well worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable Experience !!!WinzieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We started out at the bar ... watched the meat and cheese planks being artistically prepared ! Our hosted put us in a corner by the front window ... it was quieter there ... we had a bold red, Tempranillo Very Nice Wine ! The hardest part was deciding what we wanted to select from the menu... so many great choices!Special Features:
- Such a great placeMrsWestDined on 7/19/2014We have visited dozens of times, and each time we are impressed with the wonderful menu, the beautiful presentation, the affordable "night out" and the friendly vibe of the whole place. We have brought young friends, older parents, we've celebrated birthdays and anniversaries and valentine's days. . . and we just love our Iberian Pig. Don't miss the Bacon Wrapped Dates, the Pork Cheek Tacos, the Huevo con Trufa . . . oh whatever, order anything on the menu and you'll love it. Coming back again soon with out of town visitors. FABULOUS. (They also have a gluten free menu and take care to accommodate those with special dietary needs). Why are you still sitting there? GO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticJai1MilesDined on 7/17/2014Great romantic place to wine and dine your partner!Special Features:
- Great time!mjcATLDined on 7/17/2014Last week my wife and I had dinner there for the first time. It was wonderful. Our server, Jenn, was excellent! We told her to surprise us with the food selections, and she lined up a delightful meat and cheese tray, perfect wine and beer pairings, some exciting tapas, and some delicious churros for dessert. It was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Girl's NighdecaturmomDined on 7/16/2014This restaurant is perfect for girl's night out - sharing dishes and a wonderful wine list, great cocktails and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMarcDined on 7/14/2014Brings tapas to a new level. Every bite was better than the previous one. Great service and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.