The Iberian Pig
121 Sycamore Street
Decatur, GA 30030Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
The Iberian Pig
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.iberianpigatl.com/
- Phone: (404) 371-8800
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chad Crete
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer offsite catering for any of your business or social gatherings please contact us at the restaurant for more information and menus.
- Private Party Facilities: Our upstairs private rooms can accommodate any of your business or social gatherings with a level of intimacy and comfort rarely found elsewhere. The room equiped with its own private restroom can accommodate up to 60 guests.
Our semi-private wine room in the front of the restaurant can be reserved as well for groups as large as 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: Leigh Ann Miller 404-371-8800x
- Cross Street: Church St.
- Public Transit: We are located directly in the Decatur Square. There is a Decatur MARTA stop located in front of the restaurant.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Street parking is located in and around the Decatur Square. There is also parking available at the Corner of Church Street and E. Trinity for $3.00.
At the corner of E. Trinity and Commerce there is a large parking garage that has free parking after 6pm. There are spots located on N. McDonough St. at the intersection of E. Trinity St. next to City Hall.
A word from The Iberian Pig
The Iberian Pig offers a new concept to diners looking for something out of the ordinary. Combining the tastes of Spain, with a fresh, eclectic, American social atmosphere. The focus of the menu is on traditional cured meats and Spanish cheeses, tapas, salads, cocas (flatbreads), and main plates. There is also a major emphasis on the beverage side with a phenomenal wine list comprised of selections from Spain, Chile, and Argentina. And last but not least, the bar at The Iberian Pig is aimed to bring back the lost art of building classic cocktails, and celebrating the unsung bartender as an artisan of sorts. Ranging from faithful classics to signature cocktails of culinary inspirations, each drink is crafted skillfully, and with great passion.Continued
We look forward to serving you.
We look forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Iberian Pig - Best Restaurants in Decatur ›
The Iberian Pig reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (238)neighborhood gem (171)special occasion (143)hot spot (110)notable wine list (104)romantic (95)good for groups (91)vibrant bar scene (68)great for outdoor dining (63)late-night find (30)scenic view (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Dark tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2014Food ok, too loud ambiance, and had to use the i-phone light to read menu; prefer smaller tapas, and order more items
- Let's do it again !!!MaruDined on 11/15/2014The OUTSTANDING service and INCREDIBLE food made for a wonderful experience! Even when it took a bit more than expected to be seated, the ambiance was fun, the bar tenders where really amicable and after we were seated, the manager made sure were taking care of. He brought us complementary tapas. I made the comment that I was gluten free and he went above and beyond and brought a gluten free appetizer to make sure that everybody was satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Good and Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I found this place online for my husbands birthday dinner. He is a foodie and I am not. I don't eat pork nor does on a regular. Like ever actually. But the pork here was so good! It did not make us feel fat or queezy! We loved our service also. The drinks were tasty but they were small. But they paired well with the food. Our service good also. I forgot the severs name..maybe steven? don't judge me. It was cozy. Date night for sure. just a night out for sure. Not kid friendly though--I have two small ones and they would not be comfortable--or the parents. Try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to amazeTodd30VIPDined on 11/14/2014We have been to the iberian pig on multiple occasions and we continue to be impressed and amazed at the delicious food, great service, the signature cocktails and the friendliness of everyone involved. The recent tweaks to the menu are a wonderful addition to the traditional staples such as pork cheek tacos and the Albondigas. The wine list is also incredible as well. I can't recommend the iberian pig enough...it is last meal/death bed good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why don't you want the customers to see the food?PDawgVIPDined on 11/14/2014The restaurant is SO dark, and on this particular visit, icebox cold, that you can't have that first "eat with your eyes" reaction to the food. Which is spectacular but you will do miss something when you have NO IDEA what is sitting in front of you. Everyone around us had to use their phones just to read the menu - not old people with thick glasses - EVERYONE. Which means there are all these bright lights being flashed into people's eyes. Buzzkill. I was not impressed at all.Special Features:
- The Pig Never Disappoints!misangelaDined on 11/11/2014We go to Iberian Pig for birthdays and anniversaries. It is not inexpensive, so it's special occasion for us. We always enjoy the food and the service staff is ALWAYS well trained in both the menu and wine/sherry pairing. It's always fun to go and the staff always gives you a card and a treat for your special occasion. We love the Pig experience!Special Features:
- gefryjrVIPDined on 11/10/2014The Iberian Pig is an outstanding restaurant snuggled into a spot on the square in Decatur, GA. It has a wide selection of wines, and the house wines offer real value. The tapas dishes alone are worth a visit, but the full entrees are also top-notch. I will definitely make this a regular stop when I visit the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too dark!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014It's usually too dark in there. I felt bad for the guy next to us (who didn't even have the luxury of our super-dim lights) who had to use his cell phone to read the menu. Thaaaat's a little excessive with the mood lighting.Special Features:
- Awesome nightMzPartytimeDined on 11/8/2014Our first time here and it won't be our last, truly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fun!JenEDined on 11/8/2014Wow! What fun we had! Not only was the food superb but, our server was excellent, too. Sharing a charcuterie platter and tapas is a great way to get to know friends. The chef came by not once but, twice to see how we were enjoying our evening. Nice touch, Chef!Special Features:
- Excellent food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014I took my wife to the Iberian Pig for her birthday and we had a great experience. The food was excellent, the service was very good but the ambiance was only okay mostly because it was such a busy evening. We had the ridiculously good Mac and cheese, the exquisite bacon wrapped dates, the delicious pork cheek tacos, veal ravioli and an awesome burger. Everything was great except for the eggplant fries that came with the burger but that was quickly replaced with piping hot seasoned fried potatoes on request. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Decatur Gem!BostwickStormDined on 11/8/2014Having never been here, we didn't know what to expect completely. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with a rare date night out. As there was a wine festival during the day here, the area was hopping! We requested a good table and got one at the front of the restaurant, which was nice. The place was really loud! I could hardly hear our waiter. It was also quite dark. Still, it was cozy and the food was wonderful. The meatballs and scallops were very tasty! The bacon wrapped dates were awesome! Gooey manchego cheese inside! Slightly pricey, but great cocktails. I loved the option of the house wines at the top of the menu. Easy to choose something nice to have with dinner without having to be too incredibly educated on wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- griffDined on 11/7/2014I tried 5-6 items on the menu, everything was delicious and very well done. The server recommended a Tempranillo that was outstanding. However, the slow service and loud ambiance will make me think twice about returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best spots in Atlanta!MPieDined on 11/7/2014Can't recommend this place enough. Unique, mouthwatering and eclectic food? Check. Very trendy (in a good way) atmosphere? Check. A cocktail and wine list that will make you try multiple items in one evening? Check. Knowledgeable (about food, wine, etc.) staff? Check. Personable and over-the-top service-oriented staff? Double Check!! (They're all great...but we somehow end up with Gabriella a lot, who is truly fantastic). I've gone here for dates, birthdays, friends-in-town visits, anniversaries, father's day, etc...even have taken our 1-year old daughter....and it has never disappointed. Whether a cocktail and some apps at the bar or a full dinner, The Iberian Pig is a true dining experience (vs. just "going to dinner").Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like the first time, a "9"FiferDined on 11/7/2014The food was about a 5 on a ten point system. Everything was heavily greasy. We had 5 small plates. The figs were very good but the others were not balanced there was no sense of lightness or acid to counter the heavy hand of oil.
- Great Food, difficulty with groupsMb0411VIPDined on 11/5/2014I have been in before, and the food is never a let down. I am from out of town, and try to go here every time I am in town, however I always go with smaller groups. I took a large group in, and just asked them to take care of us and bring us whatever they wanted and to offer some sort of a tasting menu. We ended up having to ask for additional portions to be brought out for each course, as it was barely enough to pass around to everyone. The food was not explained and presented when delivered, and we had to keep asking for either more portions so that everyone could have a taste. I still give it 4 stars because I know that large groups can be difficult. If you bring a large group in, I wouldn't recommend just asking them to choose 4 USpecial Features:
- First timewantedmoreDined on 11/4/2014I was delighted and will return. Our service lived in the neighborhood---friendly and yet professional. Flatbread was delicious and my cocktail was so balanced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nightemmali1004Dined on 11/1/2014I enjoyed every aspect of the restaurant. Great food, great services, and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas RestaurantasianfoodguyDined on 11/1/2014This place has a very nice ambiance. I will say that the tables are a little close together, but still didn't feel as though I was a part of the conversation happening at the table next to me. The menu selection is excellent and they have something for everyone. The food is absolutely delicious! I highly suggest the octopus, pork cheek tacos, and the meat and cheese plate. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to have a nice dinner!Special Features:
- I'd give it an A-hikingbee1306Dined on 11/1/2014We had a cheese/meat tasting to start, and then a vegetable plate and some pasta. For dessert, we tried one of their more popular Ports- that was fantastic. Everything was absolutely delicious, and our service was great. It was a little noisy, though, so it was hard to hear each other while we talked.Special Features:
- Small plates not for meSkogDined on 11/1/2014I am unfortunately a fast eater. Most of the small plates are just that....small. Rather just have a normal sized entree. And if I'm still in need of something else, I'll have dessert.Special Features:
- Blown AwayPugLoveDined on 11/1/2014The food and service were both beyond my expectations! We went for my husbands birthday and made a reservation to go back for my birthday as we were leaving. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for food made with the finest ingredients or that wants to experience true customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/25/2014We were looking for a gluten free menu to accommodate someone with Celiac Disease and could not have been more impressed with the menu, the food, and all of the staff's knowledge and accommodation of the special diet. Those of us who did not have dietary restrictions were equally impressed and pleased with the service and food. Will be back!Special Features:
- PeachyDined on 10/25/2014We had a party of six, sat outside, and ordered 12 tapas. Delicious food, excellent environment. Had a great time. PeachySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying too harddLIGHTfullDined on 10/25/2014The food, staff and even decor were all trying to hard to impress. I think if the restaurant simplified and tone down efforts to be expensive, they would provide a better experience and quality of food.Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great location in the square, great food...overall delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just o.k.Love2EatDined on 10/25/2014There was so much hype about this place, but in reality the food is average at best. We ordered the mushroom flatbread (very delicious), pork cheek tacos (average), eggplant fries (average), and octopus (a little better than average). In general, the food was lacking basic seasonings like salt and pepper, and depth of flavor. The standout was my drink. I ordered a Moscow Mule, and it had the perfect balance of lime and agave nectar (per my request). If I am in Decatur again, I would stop by for a drink, but not for the food.Special Features:
- Bad choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Iberian Pig was very disappointing. I do not mind paying high prices for food if it's good. Everything seemed to covered in a rather tasteless BBQ sauce. Wine selection was OK as was the service. Iberian Pig is overated.
- Yum YumDamonDined on 10/24/2014Server was great at making suggestions as to drink choices. She was also excellent at helping provide a good order for the food to come out.Special Features:
- wonderful experiencehomeisbestVIPDined on 10/24/2014We had a memorable dining experience at The Iberian Pig. It was greatly enhanced by an excellent waiter. Three of us ordered and shared 3 tapas each which seemed to be just right for a meal. They were all excellent. One could just start at the top of the menu and make his way down and be quite happy. A suckling pig special was the standout. The Wagu beef special I thought was the weak spot and seemed out of place. We enjoyed a nice bottle of Spanish wine and a glass of Sherry. The churros were ok but not the best we have had and on our next trip through Atlanta we will go back to try more of the tapas and something different off the dessert menu. It was too noisy which often detracts from a good meal but not in this case.Special Features:
- Yup...it's THAT good.zackarykeefDined on 10/18/2014Everything you've heard is true. The Iberian Pig is truly phenomenal. We dined at prime time on a Saturday evening, and although the restaurant was bustling as expected, we were seated immediately upon checking in for our reservation. Great ambiance, service was prompt, and the server was knowledgable, friendly, and helpful. We ordered six of the tapas...all delicious. They were brought out in perfect timing and order, and we finished with the best (and one of the best things I've ever tasted), the huevo con trufa. Cocktails were delicious as well, and the special that evening I ordered was THE best drink I've ever had, although I don't remember the name. I highly recommend this place; you won't regret it. I look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Spanish Tapas!WajaDined on 10/17/2014Absolutely the best Spanish tapas I have had in a long time in any city. Our server, Gabriella ("Bella") was knowledgeable of (and passionate about) the food, and the Spanish and South American wines, and did not hesitate to spend some time with us explaining everything so that our dining experience was top notch. We shared 6 tapas between the 2 of us and I would be hard pressed to pick just one favorite from the bunch. I will definitely return here the next time I am in Atlanta. Too many tapas dishes on the menu that I haven't tried yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Yum Yumluv2dineDined on 10/17/2014Yum Yum Yum Yum. The Iberian Pig was yummy. My girlfriend and I shared yummy tapas as well as a select few yummy cheeses and meats. They were yum. And then all the tapas were yum. Desert was yumSpecial Features:
- Iberian Pig does not disappoint.FauxShoDined on 10/16/2014Enjoyed great drinks and food with family and friends. It's worth the trip to Decatur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingfoodisgoodDined on 10/16/2014This was my second time dining at the Iberian Pig with my wife. We had a phenomenal first experience, and our second experience was just as good! The bacon wrapped dates and pork tacos are a must. One of the new dishes we tried were the veal ravioli, and it was a great choice! We will definitely be coming back again.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBmfRedDined on 10/14/2014We celebrated our anniversary at the restaurant on a week night. The food was delicious, the cocktails expertly made and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieEDined on 10/12/2014Everything we ordered was amazing. Highly recommend the veal ravioli and the lamb pasta under the larger plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Recommended to us and it didn't disappoint. Most of the menu is tapas. So many delicious dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas and Fantastic ServiceddayoubDined on 10/12/2014The food is Spanish fusion, small plate-style. The service is excellent. If I have one regret, it's that we didn't go with friends so that we could all order and share more dishes. Worth the high prices especially in a moderate-sized group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to have found Iberian Pig!CgriffVIPDined on 10/11/2014Words cannot describe how pleased we were with our first experience here! Our server Jeff was great as were the bartenders Joe and Molly!!! We had the pleasure of meeting Federico (the owner) and were blown away with passion he and his staff have for this restaurant. Our only complaint is that we were not in town long enough to go back in for dinner a second time. The Iberian Pig is top on our list to visit when we come back and until then we will continue to send our friends that are visiting Atlanta and that currently live in the area to this establishment!Special Features: