Iaria's Italian Restaurant
317 S College Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Iaria's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.iariasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3176387706
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Iaria's will cater your event to meet your specific needs. We offer full service catering with all set up included to delivery of groups of just 15 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Guests have limited options for private dining during our regular business hours. On Sundays or Mondays, the entire restaurant can be reserved. Please call us directly to get your specific needs met.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew or Carla 3176387706
A word from Iaria's Italian Restaurant
Iaria's Italian Restaurant was established in 1913 by Pietro and Antonia Iaria and is currently run by fourth generation family members, Matthew Iaria and Carla Russell. Entering Iaria's is like taking a step back in time...not much has changed over the years. The restaurant and bar both offer booth seating and the decor consists mostly of family and celebrity pictures. The Food: sauces, meatballs, sausage, pizzas are made in house and weekly specials are offered. The Bar: cocktails, extensive wine list and craft beer are all available. It is a popular spot for locals and celebrities. It is a great location for a small get together, business luncheon, holiday party or just a night out. The Iaria family looks forward to seeing you soon...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Iaria's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Iaria's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (35)kid-friendly (29)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (19)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (7)hot spot (6)romantic (6)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nothing fancy but great foodblackwhiteDined on 9/27/2014I love Irias traditional italian food, the neighborhood and being in the neighborhood, We sat outside due to the high noise level in the bar area (crowded), It was a peaceful beautiful evening at sunset and it was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great food!IndyracerDined on 9/20/2014Iaria's has some of the best food in the city! Always an excellent experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iaria'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014This evening two large groups of more than 20 customers each monopolized the restaurant. You would think this would be a bad thing, but you would be dead wrong. Our small party of four was attended to as if we were the only people in the place. Top notch service coupled with outstanding food would make your Italian mother cry; what better combination is possible. The Minestrone soup, the salad, the Baked Penne, and the Spumoni are NOT to be missed.Special Features:
- It was just okay this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We visited Iarias for my birthday as we have done many years the past. We have come as a family for over the last 40 years. However I was bit disappointed in the food and service. My chicken parmesean tasted as though it was burnt and the salads were wilted. The minestrone, garlic bread and calamari were very good however. The young man bussing tables was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- great servicemeandtheboysDined on 9/9/2014Our server was excellent. She spaced our soup, salad, and meal out perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Food very good, except salad, which wasn't so fresh. Excellent bread. Met with girlfriends, and did not feel rushed about sitting and chatting. Friendly service, but not "hovering." We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is amazing!!HungryFoxDined on 8/29/2014Food is truly worth the trip. Great value entrees come with soup & salad & most under $20. Old fashion recipes & complex sauces. Building and interior is quit dated but somehow adds to the charm. Are in the bar area of the restraint & it was quite noisy so don't expect a quite cozy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We did not like corner table we were seated at as we were forgotten by the waiter. Bread was not brought out until asked for along with main entree. Waiter was poorly trained and not good at serving multiple tables. Food was good instead of excellent as by the time the waiter brought it out and cool air hitting us, the first bite was room temp and by third bite it was cold. We come to Iaria's frequently and will return but will sit in bar area as service is always excellent there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Game day dinnerdonoDined on 8/23/2014Had no problem getting a table on Colts game day. Place was very busy, yet there seemed to be no lack of food quality or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but goodieYvonneDined on 8/23/2014Iria's has been one of my favorite places for 20 years. Its probably been 12 years since I made it back to town to eat there but was so thrilled to find that it still has the best of everything. The bar and Domenic are always fun - the food was amazing, the service is perfect. Did my heart good to have the same quality of everything so many years later. Iria's will always be at the top of my list for Italian in Indy.Special Features:
- Iarai's NOT AGAINOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We were very disappointed in the taste of the food, you'll find nothing special Here!!Special Features:
- True ItalianTasterVIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant felt like you were in someone's home. The pastas were rich and hearty. We really enjoyed it. The chicken parm was our favorite of the medley of spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, and chicken parmesan. The cannolis were the perfect finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The app and main courses were great! The dessert was lacking however. The cannolis and chocolate cake left a lot to be desired.Other than that the main courses were great! Definitely a good find in downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping.....indyjuanitaVIPDined on 8/20/2014New waitress who was not familiar with menu, which did not start off dinner well. 20 minutes to get a cocktail. Requested lemons which were delivered in a dirty bowl that had not come clean in dishwasher. Side of meatballs were cold, not like lukewarm cold, but cold from not being reheated from out of the fridge. Manager comped my meal, but would rather have had good service and food. My friend told the manager she would not be back. There seems to be a lot of precooking and chilling going on, which is disappointing. Soup was blah, Italian dressing gelatinous and ravioli portion stingy. Thank goodness the sauce is still good. They may have survived 100 years, but with service and food like this, they won't be successful for many more.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Haven't been to this restaurant in quite some time. Food was adequate, service was exceptional but the noise level called for earplugs. Probably won't go there again except lunch (maybe).Special Features:
- Delicious can't wait to go backBlitzstorm50VIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was amazing and came at a great price for the amount of food you received. Staff was very friendly but because everything is homemade and they were swamped it took a bit to get our order. Didn't really mind the wait because the salad that comes with the dinner is huge. Cant wait to go back and support this family owned business (since 1913 wow!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local SpotNashvilleNativeDined on 8/9/2014Mozzarella appetizers were great. Salad was good. Entrees were all excellent. Service and staff were all very friendly. I have paid twice as much for Italian dinners that weren't nearly as good as Iaria's. It's easy to see why they have been in business for 100 years.Special Features:
- love the foodngs2221Dined on 8/2/2014we enjoy coming to iarias for any event or just a date night. Havent had anything bad . Enjoyed a pizza and wine on Saturday . Usually always see someone we know which makes for a fun nightSpecial Features:
- Awesome food!FrodoDined on 8/2/2014Love Iaria's for their tasty Italian food! They give great portions and are very friendly. The food is wonderful!Special Features:
- First time4cloverDined on 8/1/2014Fantastic food! Hot, rich flavor and abundant portions. Wonderful to share in fourth generation pride. Can't mass produce this. Good enough to look forward to dining every trip to indy. Reasonable and comfortable enough to do weekly if you lived there. Start with the basics- spegetti and meetballs or Fet with clam sauce. They will not disappoint your motivation for going Italian that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!FloydDined on 7/30/2014Our family loves this place - always the requested place to go for birthdays...old world Italian with old world charm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iaria's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2014Perhaps the best Italian restaurant in the midwest (including Chicago). Awesome food, personable staff. An Indianapolis restaurant treasure!Special Features:
- Loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014The last time I visited the food tasted one of a kind and the ambience was perfect. However, this visit, also on a Saturday, was greeted by a very noisy room and food that was just okay. The homemade salad dressing was my favorite. I'm not sure I'll pick this place this place againSpecial Features:
- Best Italian in mid-WestTugboatDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I make it a point to eat here every time we're in Indy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianvisitortoindyDined on 6/27/2014Food is outstanding, as is having "D" as a waitress and sitting in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good standardIndypunchDined on 6/27/2014Although this is not upscale, the food is very good. Authentic Italian food from family recipes. Worth the visit for sure !! Run by the same family for generations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Family Italian in IndianapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014A gem near downtown in Indianapolis. Worth the walk! Great Italian. Think of your grandmother from Italy. Ciao!Special Features:
- GREAT TIALIAN FOOD AND SERVICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014I jusr love Iaria's.! Great Italian food, great service, wonderful place to eat! Everyone is so very friendly! You definitely wont be disappointed if you come to eat here.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesdocneufDined on 6/20/2014We have dined at Iaria's many times and we are still returning. The atmosphere is relaxed (although can be delightfully busy on the weekends) and the staff is always pleasant and sporting a smile. The menu is composed of non-complicated Italian favorites that are always delicious. This place is definitely worthy of a spot in the "Where are we going to eat tonight?" rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeIndyDinerVIPDined on 6/6/2014Iaria's is one of our favorites. It's a long drive from our house, so we don't get there that often but love it every time we are there. Julie was our waitress (one of the family members) and is an AWESOME waitress. She is hilarious and does a terrific job. We ask to be seated at her table every time. The food is great - meals include minestrone soup & a house salad (the homemade Italian dressing is wonderful). My husband ALWAYS order the fettucinne with clams & can barely finish it. Homemade tiarmisu topped off a wonderful meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantMoraDoraDined on 6/3/2014Glad they are open again. Still offering the same great quality and taste in their menu.
- The following 164 reviews are from the Iaria's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Was visiting downtown and found this hidden gem just outside of downtown - great Italian food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RogerDined on 5/31/2014The food and service was excellent and the prices right. Can't miss.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gary9113VIPDined on 5/30/2014Good consistent food and service. The special was awesome although my wife thought the fettuccine was somewhat bland and tasteless.Special Features:
- Iarias was a treatJaneVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a great meal Saturday night that Iarias.well it was quite busy and we arrived a little early we were seated quite quickly Carla took great care of us and as always the food was wonderful. The salad was crisp.The minestrone Soup was full of vegetables and the pasta was Al dente .The gravy was a bit sweet and had a hint of cinnamon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Always great food and service. Great value, big portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Botched BirthdayTommyboyDined on 5/17/2014I have been to Iaria's several times and it has been great. Tonight was a different story. Arrived for reservation and was late getting a table. This happens, not a problem. Ordered drinks and appetizer. All good so far. Ordered food and waited and waited. Finally server told us they messed up the order and it would be a few minutes extra. Decided to wait because we always have good food. waited and waited. server tells us it will be a bit longer. Finally after one hour and fifteen minutes, food arrives. by then, well you just are frustrated. Surrounding tables of patrons kept asking us what we ordered that took so long. Offered free dessert for troubles. Not much compensation. Should have talked to manager sooner.
- Mediocre foodKinjunDined on 5/17/2014I hate to give it such a bad review, but the food just wasn't very good. Everything else was great, but the most important thing to me is the food. And it just wasn't good. It tasted "old" so to speak. Too bad, my wife and I haven't been there in a couple years. And it's going to be many more before we go back.
- Good but...AlwayssomethingDined on 5/16/2014First time visiting Iaria's. Had been recommended by a coworker how had gone there for lunch. Arrived at 5:30pm. Only a few other people were there. Ordered calamari. It came out quickly. Appeared to be prepackaged product. Two of them were still frozen together. Ordered cheese tortellini and chicken piccata. Came with soup and house salad. Soup and salad were average and came out as ordered. Cheese tortellini came out plate was cold and food luke warm. The flavor was good and I ate it anyway. If it had been hot I would give it 5 stars. Chicken piccata, was edible but way over salted and a little tough. Also had the Spumoni which came out with a candle for the birthday, nice touch. Just expected more from an iconic resturant.
- Love Iaria's!STLSusieDined on 5/15/2014Great food, great server, Julie, and an awesome time with friends & family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.