122 East 27th Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.itrulli.com/
- Phone: 2124817372
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thurs 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Fri 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sat 5:00pm - 10:00pm, and Sun 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nicola Marzovilla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We celebrate all your special days and celebrations including: Weddings, Christenings, Birthdays, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Communions,etc. Please contact Merrie Nell Spence, our event coordinator, for booking email@example.com.
- Special Events: Call for a details and reservations at 212.481.7372.
A word from I Trulli
Opened in 1994, Nicola Marzovilla's warm and welcoming restaurant has been a favorite for more than 18 years for those in search of hearty, delicious Italian specialties. Its celebrated menu draws on the regional cuisine of the Marzovillas' homeland, Puglia. Nicola's mother, Dora, prepares hand-rolled fresh pastas daily. The restaurant is famed for its all-Italian wine list (expertly selected by Marzovilla), and the adjoining Enoteca offers lighter food and by-the-glass choices as well as a nightly happy hour from 3-8pm. I Trulli is a popular destination all-year round: diners can sit by the glow of the main room's rustic fireplace in winter, while in the warmer months are treated to the lush splendor of one of Manhattan's finest outdoor garden spaces.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
I Trulli reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (94)neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (62)romantic (61)special occasion (59)good for groups (43)great for lunch (21)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- Same great food and serviceRAMshooterDined on 10/11/2014The service was once again outstanding. It has a great ambience and the salads, pasta and main courses are outstanding. We love the place and always bring friends when visiting NYC. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must STOP for DinnerCisterninoVIPDined on 10/9/2014When I visit NYC...I don't leave without having dinner at Trulli...a must stop for me!! Brought my colleague and customer and they walked out in love as well. Service was amazing Sophia....we were on a tight schedule and you helped us manage a wonderful experience in time... I will be back!!Special Features:
- great foodWVEEDined on 10/9/2014The atmosphere is traditional, the waiter service is outstanding, the food and wine list are both great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I TrulliOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/7/2014I had not been to I Trulli for several years, and unfortunately it not as good as it used to be. Our group had 3 different pasta dishes; all were good, but not one was great.
- My favoriteeatcwVIPDined on 10/7/2014This is truly the best Italian dining experience outside TuscanySpecial Features:
- Great service, nice back patioOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014Had a nice dinner here with an old friend- server was friendly and service was spot on; we had the ravioli as appetizer and it was yum! The short rib looked amazing!!! My lasagna was meh- bland as can be a really it looked like a heap of cheese and meat slopped on the plate- otherwise the experience was delightful, prolly my fault for choosing the lasagna! Enjoy while the weather is nice!Special Features:
- EhMamaSDined on 10/5/2014I was disappointed in the lackluster feeling and food. True, it was a Sunday night, but that's no excuse for a mediocre food experience really. In addition, the electricity breaker was going on and off, creating a starting and stopping of lighting, which was annoying, but no compensation was offered. I have been there before and enjoyed the small, quiet restaurant, but the food had always been very good. One for instance: our Fritti as an appetizer course was supposed to be fried calamari and zucchini and lemon. There were perhaps four strands about 2 inches long of zucchini, and clumps of stuck-together calamari. We said nothing, figuring the chef couldn't see. The meal was no better.
- SeanoNYCVIPDined on 10/4/2014I had not been to I Trulli for some time. But after this recent dinner, I am excited to go back soon! The wine list is impressive; and can be explored pre-dinner in the cozy wine bar. The service is friendly but not overbearing. The covered back patio is a fantastic place to dine; even in October. The food was delicious. There was slight misstep on an octopus starter; but the pasta, lasagna, and calamari were fantastic!Special Features:
- An anniversary made extra specialpadrinopetriniDined on 10/4/2014An absolutely fantastic restaurant with delicious food offerings, a spectacular wine list (many varieties of Sangiovese), and fabulous service. For an extra special touch on our anniversary, we were treated by the manager to two glasses of Muscat. I cannot forget to mention the beautifully quaint outdoor dining area. It resembles the structure for which this restaurant is named - a trulli. And overall this was trulli fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan's JewelthataboyDined on 10/3/2014Consistently excellent food,🍷,and service.Homemade pasta,traditional dishes,and the regional played are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marina17Marina17Dined on 9/28/2014The food is thoughtfully prepared, and the staff was very knowledgeable. Very cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealJRLAVIPDined on 9/27/2014I love this restaurant. Perfectly cooked, honest Italian food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Food was ok and I would have recommended it but the service was intrusive and clumsy. The waiter almost pulled the bill away as we were signing. I wondered what the rush was?
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Disappointing, after finding this in top 10 wine bars. Had a booking and table was not ready. Service was average, menu and food average.Special Features:
- Good local spotdineandwineVIPDined on 9/22/2014Went for lunch and had a watercress salad, which was a special, and it was delicious. Also had the gnocchi with broccoli rage, but was a little bland. Other diner had a swordfish dish which she said was wonderful. The wine list is a little lacking, but we choose a chardonnay blend that was nice. Emanuele was our server and he was great and attentive as was the rest of the staff. Overall I would go back, as the service was great and overall experience was good.Special Features:
- Enoteca I TrulliHansiVIPDined on 9/18/2014Noise level in the Enoteca absolutely deafening. Had to move to main restaurant which was fine.Special Features:
- Gail SpangenbergOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Everything about this restaurant is first rate. The food is absolutely superb. I am a discriminating Italian food person and have gone here many times. It's a very high on my list of top priority NYC restaurants.Special Features:
- RichofNewYork77Dined on 9/7/2014Fried rabbit? While we had a very nice evening together, the food was average at best. It was once one of our favorites, but we will not return.
- Fresh and tastyFrankHDined on 8/30/2014Second time for dinner and the food was outstanding. The service was prompt but not rushed between courses and no hurry to get you out after coffee. The lamb chops were fantastic. Pasta always freshly made.Special Features:
- The Best!FoodieDined on 8/30/2014I Trulli is the best Italian restaurant in NYC! The food is extraordinary, the staff is warm, friendly and very knowledgeable, the wine list superb. I only wish I could go every night!Special Features:
- Usually reliable, not this timeMags1112VIPDined on 8/27/2014Back courtyard was not open, despite it being a lovely summer evening with great weather. Food was mediocre (couscous tasted as if prepared out of a box, roasted bass was dry and overcooked, salad was much too salty, "unsweetened" iced tea tasted like Liptons powdered tea). Server rushed us through the meal but took forever to bring the check. I've enjoyed past visits to this restaurant but this most recent visit was disappointing.Special Features:
- Great Garden DiningMikeVIPDined on 8/23/2014I have dined at I Trulli many times over the past almost twenty years, and each time has been an excellent experience. Food and service are always outstanding. This was my second time dining in the garden. That is an altogether even more pleasant experience -- it is comfortable, behind the restaurant and not on the street, and does create the experience of out door dining in Italy.Special Features:
- Order mix upAzabuDined on 8/19/2014There were 3 of us and the waitress mixed up one order. So two ate while the third waited for her food. However, the maitre d gave us acomplimentary after dinner drink and vigorously apologized. Thisis our favorite Italian in town so we are forgiving. The tables are too close together and the other diners were LOUD.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian food!ItalianFoodEnthusiastDined on 8/16/2014I am Italian and I can guarantee that the food is not only great, but very authentic. The pasta is hand made, always fresh, and it reminds me of the pasta my parents make. Also the 'pugliese' (from Apulia) specialties are just outstanding! We were a group of 10 people and we all loved it. I have been there several times with my wife and the quality is always high and consistent. Also, the garden, for outside dining, is one of the best in NYC.Special Features:
- Love the gardenJayDVIPDined on 8/14/2014On a low humidity night, you can't beat the lovely garden. Yummy food from Puglia with more unique choices than most typical restaurants. Fairly priced wines by the glass. It was a bit loud yet others love the garden too. Later in the evening when the early crowd left it was almost an oasis.Special Features:
- So glad I went backFireboxVIPDined on 8/13/2014Probably the best restaurant week meal I ever had--and wonderful, restaurant week or any time. Expected a very nice dinner - So nice to have had a meal that exceeded expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodeatcwVIPDined on 8/13/2014I love this place particularly when you can sit outside on the terraceSpecial Features:
- RomanticFantasticDined on 8/12/2014Ambience was great and had a very old school romantic vibe of the place. Definitely somewhere you can go to just relax sip wine and enjoy food with great company.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/11/2014My wife and I love I Trulli, but at our most recent meal, I found the Italian cuisine terrific while my wife was disappointed. Nothing she had was bad, merely less exciting than I Trulli's usual performance. Even so, we'll return happily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday DiningBklynDined on 8/9/2014The food drinks and wine was great I would recommend this restaurant to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed.AshBDined on 8/8/2014The food was great, the service? Not at all. The restaurant was fairly empty - our server had us and two other tables to tend to, but we had to keep flagging him down for anything we needed, seeing as how he was chatting with his back to is most of the time, it got frustrating. I don't think I'll be coming back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Overall excellent lunch during Restaurant Week or any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Find/Yr.-Round FaveOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/6/2014This old world, welcoming and warm restaurant does not disappoint. The resturant week dinner menu provided excellent options and the service was attentive and friendly. The outdoor space in the back is large and semi enclosed, so its comfortable and off the street - a great option for cooler summer evenings.Special Features:
- Special attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014The food was fine considering I only eat salt free food and the manager was so helpful. I enjoyed my meal and the wine was good. Our server was so helpful and attentive. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great summer eveningfoodlore2Dined on 8/5/2014This is the perfect restaurant if you sit outside on the terrace on a breezy summer night. The fried artichokes and sauce were delicious. The service was warm and gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everMichaelVIPDined on 8/4/2014Charming old-fashioned trattoria with a large lovely back garden for outdoor dinner. The food was excellent. The service both friendly and highly professional.Special Features:
- moonheadDined on 8/3/2014This is my 3rd time at I Trulli - 1st in the winter with fireplaces going - lovely!!! Two times in the garden - spectacular - felt like we were in Italy - there were 5 of us last Sunday evening and every single item on the table was outstanding without being over the top - just perfect food!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014we had a glass of wine at the bar first..the young lady serving us was very knowledgeable about the wines. the restaurant service and food was great. Tried it for restaurant week and would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Appetizer was just okay, but dinner was good. We got the rabbit ragu and the bucatini main courses. Maybe the full menu would have been a better choice. I had heard very good things about the restaurant, but it was empty upon our arrival. Main course was good, appetizer and dessert were mediocre. Compared to reviews, I was a little disappointed.
- ammoniteDined on 8/1/2014Disappointing to be honest. Not value for money. lacklustre service. Also the table we had was outside by the kitchen door so we had a constant stream of waiters going past.Special Features: