122 East 27th Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.itrulli.com/
- Phone: (212) 481-7372
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thurs 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Fri 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sat 5:00pm - 10:00pm, and Sun 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nicola Marzovilla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We celebrate all your special days and celebrations including: Weddings, Christenings, Birthdays, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Communions,etc. Please contact Merrie Nell Spence, our event coordinator, for booking email@example.com.
- Special Events: Call for a details and reservations at 212.481.7372.
A word from I Trulli
Opened in 1994, Nicola Marzovilla's warm and welcoming restaurant has been a favorite for more than 18 years for those in search of hearty, delicious Italian specialties. Its celebrated menu draws on the regional cuisine of the Marzovillas' homeland, Puglia. Nicola's mother, Dora, prepares hand-rolled fresh pastas daily. The restaurant is famed for its all-Italian wine list (expertly selected by Marzovilla), and the adjoining Enoteca offers lighter food and by-the-glass choices as well as a nightly happy hour from 3-8pm. I Trulli is a popular destination all-year round: diners can sit by the glow of the main room's rustic fireplace in winter, while in the warmer months are treated to the lush splendor of one of Manhattan's finest outdoor garden spaces.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
I Trulli reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (74)great for outdoor dining (66)notable wine list (62)special occasion (52)romantic (49)good for groups (43)great for lunch (21)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- I Trulli Does it Again!NYMamaDined on 5/31/2014Excellent in all respects. Atypical Italian menu with Puglian specialties, perfect service. Only quibble: please put salt and pepper on the tables. Some people just want to add their own, and this is no disrespect to the chef.Special Features:
- just as fabulous as I rememberedda4diningVIPDined on 5/30/2014Returned after a lenghty hiatus and found everything just as fabulous as I remembered. Great regional food, amazing wine list (especially when combind with the wine bar next door). I won't wait so long to return next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could of been betterpeedeegeeDined on 5/29/2014The orracchetti with rabbit ragu would have benefitted if there was some visible "rabbit". Waiter was annoyingly aggressive in pressing us to order, even interrupting a conversation, and started clearing the table even though several of us were still eating.
- NicknameVIPDined on 5/26/2014In a city chockablock with Italian restaurants dishing up irresistible varieties of pasta, I Trulli more than holds its own. The menu's secondi aren't as reliable as its primi, but if you stick with an appetizer followed by pasta for your main course, you'll marvel that you were lucky enough to snag a table.Special Features:
- perfect as expectedfrankVIPDined on 5/19/2014I've been coming here for many years and it is one of the NYC restaurants that has always stayed consistently good. Food, service, ambience all "spot on"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidschuVIPDined on 5/17/2014Consistently excellent! Latest visit provided ample confirmation.Special Features:
- ANTHONY CORDARO, M,D.marymargareta1Dined on 5/17/2014simply outstanding food and wine selection. we take so many of our family and friends here as the food is just wonderful thanks for always doing a great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014service was very slow and not always accurate. food was delicious.Special Features:
- LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD GEMMarcyDined on 4/27/2014This isn't the first time at I Trulli and it certainly won't be the last. I have never been disappointed in the food, no matter what I've ordered. Always had a longing for short ribs and this time, it was on the menu. Mouth-watering good! Additionally, the service has always been outstanding. Can't ask for me. That plus the fact that it's in the neighborhood, makes it an even better restaurant.Special Features:
- A little disappointed this timephotogalVIPDined on 4/27/2014I have eaten here before and really enjoyed it. This time, I was bringing a friend for her birthday and although the restaurant was 95% empty, 1st they tried to seat us near the door to the kitchen, when we protested, they moved us. The waitress was okay and only okay. We order the prix fixe, and the dessert was sad. The food was generally good, but I am disappointed in the overall experience - it is not an inexpensive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I TrulliDavidschuVIPDined on 4/18/2014Keeps getting better and better. Warm friendly atmosphere, great food and superb wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old standbyLauraRVIPDined on 4/18/2014I hadn't visited in a long time but was happy to find I Trulli just as I remembered it: warm and welcoming, quiet enough for conversation, and presided over by a doting host. The garden has always been the attraction for me, but this time we savored the fireplace--and the great food. Appetizers, pastas, and fish all perfectly done, generously portioned, and lovingly served. We won't wait so long this time for a return visit.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 4/17/2014I always enjoy the Italian fare at I Trulli. I used to think its meals were overpriced, but rivals have been raising their tariffs, so now I Trulli is, unfortunately, typical. Also, I usually make a main course out of pasta, which is often better than the restaurant's secondi. A pasta dinner at I Trulli is invariably delightful.Special Features:
- One of my favorites in NYCCisterninoVIPDined on 4/11/2014When I make the trip I stop by I Trulli for dinner when I am in NYC...no questions its on my list of favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low key, good food, good serviceCeciliaVIPDined on 4/2/2014Low key, good food, good service, not noisy. Very nice. Will go there again,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faded GemnewrofoodieVIPDined on 4/2/2014Use to go here years ago. The quality of the staff and the food has gone down hill. Though polite they seemed not to know much about what they were serving. Some of our dishes were just meh, when one considers this was excellent to outstanding it hard not to just say, open table people, so many places near by with better Italian food. They just nned to shake up the kitchen a bit. ( example the prosciutto in the bueratta was dried out bait- the lamb chops were extremely fatty, large vein of fat in the center part of each medallion of the chops. ) In my open table request I asked for a quite table ( it was a business dinner) the other party arrived first and were seated next to the serving station which is in front away from the garden room.
- A findRyanmaxDined on 3/30/2014If you are looking for a restaurant with Outstanding service, ambiance, and good. This is one to consider if in the area. Come here every opportunity we get. Love the charm of the place, welcoming feel and warmth of staff. Good is the cherry on top. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2014Great menu, wanted one of everything! Super service and owner attending personally to every detailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian foodnandsm06Dined on 3/28/2014The food was awesome, the service untouchable and the ambience was perfect. One of the best Italian places I have been to in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ReliableLivinctDined on 3/22/2014We live in Ct. and eat at i trulli often when we are taking the train into Manhattan to meet up with friends. It is consistently excellent, and the atmosphere is charming. i trulli has been in the neighborhood for years. So if you want an authentic New York restaurant without all the hustle and bustle you will love this place. Ask for a table in the garden when it is open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value to be sureOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014Very good Italian food, excellent service and moderately priced. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after all these yearsLiketodineVIPDined on 3/15/2014Personal service, food as authentic as in Roma. WonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto bello e molto buonoKirklandboyVIPDined on 3/13/2014Very nice experience for 8 of us basketball fans from Creighton for the Big East Tournament. My husband and I dined the day before and were impressed with the authentically Italian menu. Carefully crafted in house pasta, genuine sauces, and terrific wine list. The service was extraordinary. It was our best restaurant experience in Manhattan. Complimenti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in New York CityFoodieDined on 3/12/2014I LOVE this restaurant. Wonderfully delicious food, attentive professional staff, everything absolutely perfect. I'm so happy this restaurant is in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming, friendly, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014My second time, and I was not disappointed. First time had the tasing menu, but this time a la carte. Wait staff very helpful and attentive. Looking forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014Came here for restaurant week and it was much bigger inside than I expected. Was a really nice place with the feel of fine dining. Not sure what regular prices are like since we had a prix fix menu but the food was delicious and it was more than well worth the money.Special Features:
- GreatwocaplelVIPDined on 3/7/2014This is a wonderful Italian restaurant. The food and service are consistently very good. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DevineRayDonovanDined on 3/6/2014The wine recommended was great. Food was truly the best we have had in long time. Cooked with precision and love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I booked at table for twoemmylouDined on 3/6/2014I booked at table for two during restaurant week and was delighted to be seated by the fireplace. The panzerotti (baby calzones) were like eating little stuffed clouds of fried dough. The maiale Milanese was a work of art - the breaded pork chop came topped with a colorful salad, beautiful and delicious. The desserts were exceptional, we ordered bothe the tiramisu and the chocolate torte with coconut ice cream. This tiramisu is the best I have ever had; the infusion of espresso had my taste buds at hello. The chocolate torte was like a little chocolate volcano, inclusive of molten chocolate lava, and the caramel and hazelnut confection that cupped the gelato was the talk of the table. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, I Trulli, was perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2014As always, I Trulli, was perfect. Food was delicious And the service was good. Impressive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great opportunity awaits you!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2014Everything was exceptional ! Restaurant week is a great chance for ordinary people to experience gourmet cooking at a really Fine place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE BUT NOT CHEAPpertyDined on 3/5/2014IT IS AN EXCELLENT RESTAURANT OVERALL BUT A BIT PRICEY THO WHAT IS NOT IN THE BIG APPLE!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Come for Restaurant WeekDiner123Dined on 3/4/2014Il Trulli is a charming spot, comfortable and moderately sedate. My mistake was to order from the Restaurant Week menu. The food seemed to have been largely prepared in advance and, though not bad, was not particularly worth eating. I say this sadness because it is a place I very much wished to like. I have no doubt they are capable of much better--as at their prices they should be. That said, I doubt I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Food at I TrulliOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/4/2014I've never been disappointed by the food at I Trulli and my recent lunch is an excellent example. The "Frito Misto" appetizer of fried calamari, cuttlefish and zucchini with a tomato dipping sauce was excellent. So too, was the sage-flavored Sardinian dumplings, also with tomato sauce was superb. I Trulli is a wonderful place to eat!Special Features:
- From PugliaTizLozVIPDined on 2/28/2014I've been there with my hubby and both of us come from Puglia so we can confirm you the food is really tasty and "pugliese"! Enjoy the orecchiette which are handmade!!!Special Features:
- Always a good meal and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/28/2014Always a good meal and good service. Don't feel rushed to finish the meal so someone else can take your table; lots of time to enjoy the food and drink and the company at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IN THE HOOD AND PRETTY GOOD..DEB1VIPDined on 2/28/2014Comfortable ambiance whether you choose to sit near the fireplace or in the protected garden... The kitchen is consistent, well prepared Italian fare you will enjoy with their nice selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceChiaraDined on 2/28/2014Came here with a friend the other day for lunch during Restaurant Week. The food was absolutely delicious and extremely filling. I enjoyed a really smooth glass of Barbera. Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was fine, niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2014Restaurant was fine, nice room and ambiance, but got a bit noisy. Nice staff at front and serving. Food was good, not outstanding or as good as I remembered from previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good italian RestaurantWeekenderVIPDined on 2/23/2014We had reserved a table for two during Restaurant Week. We had for appetizer polpo (octopus) which was very nicely done. For entree we had an exquisite Chatham cod. The wine list is one of the largest I have seen (maybe because the restaurant has an enoteca on the side). It is the size of a 100 pages book. It has great wine selection though a few less than $45/bottle. We chose a red Bacco Primitivo which was good ad reasonably priced. The Torta de Cioccolato dessert was deliziosa. The atmosphere was nice The service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.