122 East 27th Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.itrulli.com/
- Phone: 2124817372
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thurs 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Fri 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sat 5:00pm - 10:00pm, and Sun 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nicola Marzovilla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We celebrate all your special days and celebrations including: Weddings, Christenings, Birthdays, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Communions,etc. Please contact Merrie Nell Spence, our event coordinator, for booking firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Events: Call for a details and reservations at 212.481.7372.
A word from I Trulli
Opened in 1994, Nicola Marzovilla's warm and welcoming restaurant has been a favorite for more than 18 years for those in search of hearty, delicious Italian specialties. Its celebrated menu draws on the regional cuisine of the Marzovillas' homeland, Puglia. Nicola's mother, Dora, prepares hand-rolled fresh pastas daily. The restaurant is famed for its all-Italian wine list (expertly selected by Marzovilla), and the adjoining Enoteca offers lighter food and by-the-glass choices as well as a nightly happy hour from 3-8pm. I Trulli is a popular destination all-year round: diners can sit by the glow of the main room's rustic fireplace in winter, while in the warmer months are treated to the lush splendor of one of Manhattan's finest outdoor garden spaces.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
I Trulli reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (88)neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (63)romantic (61)notable wine list (60)special occasion (57)good for groups (43)great for lunch (21)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Gail SpangenbergOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Everything about this restaurant is first rate. The food is absolutely superb. I am a discriminating Italian food person and have gone here many times. It's a very high on my list of top priority NYC restaurants.Special Features:
- Fresh and tastyFrankHDined on 8/30/2014Second time for dinner and the food was outstanding. The service was prompt but not rushed between courses and no hurry to get you out after coffee. The lamb chops were fantastic. Pasta always freshly made.Special Features:
- The Best!FoodieDined on 8/30/2014I Trulli is the best Italian restaurant in NYC! The food is extraordinary, the staff is warm, friendly and very knowledgeable, the wine list superb. I only wish I could go every night!Special Features:
- Usually reliable, not this timeMags1112VIPDined on 8/27/2014Back courtyard was not open, despite it being a lovely summer evening with great weather. Food was mediocre (couscous tasted as if prepared out of a box, roasted bass was dry and overcooked, salad was much too salty, "unsweetened" iced tea tasted like Liptons powdered tea). Server rushed us through the meal but took forever to bring the check. I've enjoyed past visits to this restaurant but this most recent visit was disappointing.Special Features:
- Great Garden DiningMikeVIPDined on 8/23/2014I have dined at I Trulli many times over the past almost twenty years, and each time has been an excellent experience. Food and service are always outstanding. This was my second time dining in the garden. That is an altogether even more pleasant experience -- it is comfortable, behind the restaurant and not on the street, and does create the experience of out door dining in Italy.Special Features:
- Order mix upAzabuDined on 8/19/2014There were 3 of us and the waitress mixed up one order. So two ate while the third waited for her food. However, the maitre d gave us acomplimentary after dinner drink and vigorously apologized. Thisis our favorite Italian in town so we are forgiving. The tables are too close together and the other diners were LOUD.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian food!ItalianFoodEnthusiastDined on 8/16/2014I am Italian and I can guarantee that the food is not only great, but very authentic. The pasta is hand made, always fresh, and it reminds me of the pasta my parents make. Also the 'pugliese' (from Apulia) specialties are just outstanding! We were a group of 10 people and we all loved it. I have been there several times with my wife and the quality is always high and consistent. Also, the garden, for outside dining, is one of the best in NYC.Special Features:
- Love the gardenJayDDined on 8/14/2014On a low humidity night, you can't beat the lovely garden. Yummy food from Puglia with more unique choices than most typical restaurants. Fairly priced wines by the glass. It was a bit loud yet others love the garden too. Later in the evening when the early crowd left it was almost an oasis.Special Features:
- So glad I went backFireboxVIPDined on 8/13/2014Probably the best restaurant week meal I ever had--and wonderful, restaurant week or any time. Expected a very nice dinner - So nice to have had a meal that exceeded expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodeatcwVIPDined on 8/13/2014I love this place particularly when you can sit outside on the terraceSpecial Features:
- RomanticFantasticDined on 8/12/2014Ambience was great and had a very old school romantic vibe of the place. Definitely somewhere you can go to just relax sip wine and enjoy food with great company.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/11/2014My wife and I love I Trulli, but at our most recent meal, I found the Italian cuisine terrific while my wife was disappointed. Nothing she had was bad, merely less exciting than I Trulli's usual performance. Even so, we'll return happily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday DiningBklynDined on 8/9/2014The food drinks and wine was great I would recommend this restaurant to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed.AshBDined on 8/8/2014The food was great, the service? Not at all. The restaurant was fairly empty - our server had us and two other tables to tend to, but we had to keep flagging him down for anything we needed, seeing as how he was chatting with his back to is most of the time, it got frustrating. I don't think I'll be coming back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Overall excellent lunch during Restaurant Week or any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Find/Yr.-Round FaveOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/6/2014This old world, welcoming and warm restaurant does not disappoint. The resturant week dinner menu provided excellent options and the service was attentive and friendly. The outdoor space in the back is large and semi enclosed, so its comfortable and off the street - a great option for cooler summer evenings.Special Features:
- Special attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014The food was fine considering I only eat salt free food and the manager was so helpful. I enjoyed my meal and the wine was good. Our server was so helpful and attentive. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great summer eveningfoodlore2Dined on 8/5/2014This is the perfect restaurant if you sit outside on the terrace on a breezy summer night. The fried artichokes and sauce were delicious. The service was warm and gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everMichaelVIPDined on 8/4/2014Charming old-fashioned trattoria with a large lovely back garden for outdoor dinner. The food was excellent. The service both friendly and highly professional.Special Features:
- moonheadDined on 8/3/2014This is my 3rd time at I Trulli - 1st in the winter with fireplaces going - lovely!!! Two times in the garden - spectacular - felt like we were in Italy - there were 5 of us last Sunday evening and every single item on the table was outstanding without being over the top - just perfect food!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014we had a glass of wine at the bar first..the young lady serving us was very knowledgeable about the wines. the restaurant service and food was great. Tried it for restaurant week and would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Appetizer was just okay, but dinner was good. We got the rabbit ragu and the bucatini main courses. Maybe the full menu would have been a better choice. I had heard very good things about the restaurant, but it was empty upon our arrival. Main course was good, appetizer and dessert were mediocre. Compared to reviews, I was a little disappointed.
- ammoniteDined on 8/1/2014Disappointing to be honest. Not value for money. lacklustre service. Also the table we had was outside by the kitchen door so we had a constant stream of waiters going past.Special Features:
- chinaaDined on 8/1/2014the menu that we had first read had been changed, we had cod filetthat was bland, rabethat was chewey, only the dessert wasgood we did receive a deduction of one meal because of our compliaints
- Restaurant week menuVivianDined on 7/31/2014I went specifically for the braised octopus on the restaurant week online menu. Disappointedly, this was not offered on the restaurant's menu when we got there. I ordered the short rib for the entree, it was a little dried and the taste was not as complicated as I anticipated. The food was also Luke warm when it was served. I was disappointed with my first time dining experience in this restaurant. However, the back door patio seating is nice, quiet, and romantic.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian w great servicemetsgirl09Dined on 7/30/2014My family and I really enjoyed this restaurant, while the service was a bit slow, the food was really delicious and fresh. The wait staff was extremely warm and friendly, and really worked hard to make sure we had an enjoyable evening. We enjoyed every course and will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good Food and ServiceBWayneDined on 7/30/2014I Trulli has consistently proven to be a very good restaurant for good Italian food. I like to take visitors from out of town, personal friends and business associates, because the food and the service has been so consistent. I know I can get very good Italian food and good service whichever night I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheers in ManhattannyeggcreamDined on 7/28/2014Exceptional food, warm, welcoming ambiance, a reasonable noise level, fantastic wine list, & impeccable service...all on East 27th where they'll know your name! Don't miss this local gem. It's "Trulli" the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i truilli restaurant week dinnerLizzieVIPDined on 7/28/2014I always like this restaurant , beautiful outdoor patio and inside in the cold weather charming farmhouse atmosphere. The menu shown on the restaurant week dinner made my mouth water which is why I chose it to take two friends. However, the artichoke salad was not on it( waiter said that's another season but it was on this summers season dates included menu and the short rib had Brussels sprouts which I always choose also not available instead cauliflower which is ok but not my first choice so the meal was quite disappointing. Desert which was a chocolate cake with coconut ice cream was the winner and I never eat dessert but I would go back just for it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem in a rock.Francis2491Dined on 7/27/2014Generally one would rate every aspect of a restaurant on food and customer service. However because there is an authentic and ever so heart warming atmosphere in iTrulli you have to rate the view, the smell, the bar keep or even their pizza bar and to top it off the ambiance of the entire restaurant as not just good but absolutely amazing. Then when it comes down to the food and service.....By God and sweet baby Jesus is it amazing. My best friend and I ordered the bristaco(beef with an amazing sauce and cauliflower) and the oriechetta (ragu) both amazing dishes. The tiramisu was stunning cause you can taste the espresso however the other desert was an overdose of chocolate. Never got to try the wine though. Otherwise it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatpepeDined on 7/27/2014Very pleasant experience. Great food at reasonable price, friendly and knowledgeable wait staffs. Definitely go back.Special Features:
- Traveling throughHappyDined on 7/27/2014We came on a Sunday night during restaurant week. Very nice experience and noticed a lot of families for Sunday dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing outside spaceSimoDined on 7/25/2014Seems to be in Italy, nice ambient and good traditional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014I have been dining at I Trulli for at least 20 years, and it has been one of my favorite restaurants in the City. However, this time Our waiter was terrible. He mixed up our drink order, then brought the wrong appetizers. After the appetizers we never saw him again. However, when the new brought the bill, we were overcharged by $60. Also, it was restaurant week, and they were out of most everything on the restaurant week menu, so we very willingly ordered from the regular menu. Each appetizer and entree was mediocre at best, and not prepared in the usual way. I always loved their menu and the food was always delicious!!! Will never go there again!!!! It is sad because I always loved it there!!!Special Features:
- Good neighborhood ItalianDeputyAsst2ComishOfEatingDined on 7/24/2014Attentive service. Large portion for a restaurant week special. Pasta dishes were very good and dessert was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I TrulliDavidschuVIPDined on 7/23/2014Consistently excellent. Restaurant week menu well chosen. Extensive wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Nice food for restaurant week. ?WHere are the Pulian dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still solidJIFreviewsVIPDined on 7/16/2014Attentive staff and solid Tuscan cuisine explain why after all these years I can still say this understated, Just off Park Ave S., Italian works well. For what it is, it is simply marvelous.Special Features:
- Superb!VoulaVIPDined on 7/10/2014The best food experience we had while visiting Manhattan. The food is fresh and delicious. The service was perfect. We sat outside and felt like we were transported elsewhere...it was so tranquil. I had the bass and it was amazing. Must try!!Special Features:
- Warm, welcoming, wonderful gemSandyToesDined on 7/8/2014A former NYC foodie recommended I Trulli and I went faithfully forward. Lucky call; the food, space, and service exceeded our expectations. Even the prices were, for Manhattan, not out of line. Ambiance was tough to judge as we arrived at 10:00 pm on a Tuesday and the place was winding down for the evening. In fact, our only gripe was that our waiter, with whom we felt an instant connection, disappeared once we'd ordered our entrées, without even saying goodbye. The nerve! We plan to return and request his full-time attention. The patio looked (from afar) inviting, and the fireplace (unlit on a summer's eve, understandably) is probably entrancing and romantic in winter. Highly recommend; but let's keep this between us, shall we?Special Features: