I Tre Merli-SOHO
463 West Broadway
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
I Tre Merli-SOHO
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.itremerli.com/
- Phone: 2122548699
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am- Brunch: Saturday & sunday: 11:30am-4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Christian S.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For reservations of 10 or more on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays - please call Lourdes Bejasa Catering Manager at 212 226-2055
- Special Events: Please call Catering Manager Lourdes Bejasa at 212 226-2055
A word from I Tre Merli-SOHO
This hip restaurant is known for its sleek Italian atmosphere, 80's music, and its constant flow of tourists. Come to eat, or just sit at the bar of this SoHo restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
I Tre Merli-SOHO reviews from OpenTable diners
- no pizza after 5 pm anymoreOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/12/2013We went to i tre merli a couple of times in the last years and it was always very nice and the food is very good. Last weekend we went with friends and wanted to order pizza and gnocchies but the server to us, the owner decided not to serve any pizza after 5pm. So we told them that we will leave and went to Lombardi's. The server apologized and had no idea why this decision was made. It's really a nice restaurant but without pizza we will not go there in the afternoon anymore.
- We enjoyed the atmosphereJohnDined on 4/6/2013We enjoyed the atmosphere and food. I recommend the beef carpaccio and spaghetti alle vongole.Special Features:
- The service was laid backEudoraDined on 3/29/2013The service was laid back to the point of being non-existent. When we were seated, someone asked about which water we wanted. We said tap water & she never returned. Two of us were seated & our guest came later. While we continued our conversation, the server never asked if we needed anything, such as a drink, etc. Finally, someone else came over and asked about water and instantly poured water for us. Finally, we gestured to our server, who then came to take our order. Two of the dishes were good, the salmon main course was well done and not medium rare, as ordered. The busboys were very attentive for our needs. After ignoring us for most of the night, the server came back to say let her know when we needed anything.
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013This was our first time at this restaurant and we chose it because it was fairly close to where we were going later that evening. Overall we enjoyed our dinner although I think the portions could have been a bit larger for the price and I would have liked if the bread was warm when it was served. Our waitress was extremely friendly and even made some recommendations. The people who were bringing the food were very polite and the people clearing the table as we went along, did a nice job. We would definitely go back and would recommend this restaurant to others.
- BEST RESTURANT EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013The food was unbaleavable!! Everything was so fresh me rich i couldn't stop eating. I want to go every time i go to the city!
- While the food was very goodNYCBobVIPDined on 3/1/2013While the food was very good and reasonable the music was overpowering in this large restaurant and there was no need for the big TV screen.
- I went with a couple friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I went with a couple friends for their Valentine's Day special on a whim. For the price tag, we left feeling that the dining experience and food was just alright. It was the first time I had been to a restaurant in NYC that charged me for rolls. It cost $7.50 a serving and they were served cold and hard. Additionally, it took an extremely long time for our entrees to come out. There was about a 45 minute gap between our appetizers and entrees, which obviously impacted the meal's pace (and our overall enjoyment). Finally, my friends and I each ordered different red wines. The servers couldn't keep our orders straight. I drank two differnt wines that night. That meal cost me $100 and I won't return.Special Features:
- The manager is lovely....ItjmacVIPDined on 2/8/2013The manager is lovely....It was snowing like crazy in NYC that night- we were the only ones in the restaurant...The food was awesome! Would definitely go back again
- The staff at I Tre Merli isKDH23Dined on 1/18/2013The staff at I Tre Merli is excellent... as is the food. I suggest the foccacia salad, it is to-die-for! Also, after 8pm they usually have live music, which was a highlight of our dining experience there!Special Features:
- I went there with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2013I went there with a group of 6 and was not very happy with the service. It took forever for them to take our order for dinner and then our desert - dinner took a total of 3.5 hours! However, when we did have the staffs attention they were very nice.
- Good times once again at Tre.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/16/2012Good times once again at Tre. We choose this spot for a 10 person + 2 infant brunch. Staff was very attentive and the large space and high ceilings made for ample room for our party; without the feeling of crowding out the other guest. Food was very consistent and appropriately priced. Only complaint would be that one of our orders was messed up two times (same mistake) so I can't gush too much over the service. Otherwise extremely nice meal that fit the occaision perfectly. Would def stop by again.Special Features:
- First time. Overall pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/6/2012First time. Overall pleased but service was not good at all. Slow to order, slow to bring food, people who sat after us and ordered much after us received bread and order much sooner than we did. We were not checked on regularily either. I wouldn't say that the service is always like this but probably just an off nightSpecial Features:
- Our third time here and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2012Our third time here and the food was excellent as always. However the service was slow, unengaged. This is the second time that the service has been less then acceptable. We love everything else about the restaurant, but the service makes it hard to want to come back.Special Features:
- booked reservation thru theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012booked reservation thru the internet based on a quick search. WAnted something in Soho, close to Ground Zero as my firefighter husband and I and a bunch of friends were heading there for 9-11. We will go back absolutely! Excellent food, excellent drinks (they know how to make a drink, not watered down), the music was definitely background music, maybe on weekends it's the 80's loud music, but on a tuesday night, it was just in the background; there but not obnoxious. 8 of us having never been there before now say it's our "meeting spot". Loved it 100%Special Features:
- Food was good, nice wine andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Food was good, nice wine and attentive waiting staff.Special Features:
- I want to like this littleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2012I want to like this little spot so much, but it manages to fall a little short. I ordered an Old Fashioned to start and the drink was a little weak and too fruity for my taste. My date and I split the appetizer special of the day, which was mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto over an olive tapenade and it was pretty good. I had the Chilean sea bass and while it wasn't bad, it was also nothing special. We headed somewhere else for dessert so I can't comment on that. Overall the place has a great layout, but it always seems half empty and the music is a little too loud.Special Features:
- fantastic findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012Was visiting New York for a bachelorette party. Restaurant was clean and had a wonderful ambiance. Fantastic Italian food with many choices. Wait staff was fantastic however service seemed somewhat slower than preferred. Would definitely recommend to others. SOHO is a beautiful area as well.Special Features:
- absolutely impossible to carryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2012absolutely impossible to carry a conversation; the noise level from music doesn't allow it.
- I had a nice quiet lunch withCettsVIPDined on 7/11/2012I had a nice quiet lunch with a friend on a weekday in the summer. The avocado stuffed with chicken salad was amazing.Special Features:
- I Tre Merli has a creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2012I Tre Merli has a creative and interesting menu. Not only are there some original food combinations, there is a broad offering of mix & match choices whether someone wants a multi-course dinner or to just have a couple of lighter plates. On a gorgeous June evening when we were there, the front of the restaurant was totally open, allowing the plein air atmosphere and people watching without feeling that you are inhaling exhaust. Service was accomodating and not rushed. I liked that although we were only two, we were offered a booth. Best of all, at night during the week, there is easy STREET parking.Special Features:
- The best Indian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2012The best Indian restaurant I have been to in years. Spicy food, superbly prepared. Varied menu, numerous creative entrees. The best.Special Features:
- The food is mediocre and theSaucyFoodieNYCDined on 6/17/2012The food is mediocre and the service can be slow, but the crowd is usually decent and it's a fun place to watch a soccer match. The layout of the place is perfect with banquettes on both sides and smaller tables in the middle. Each seat in the house including the bar has a view of the telly.Special Features:
- respectable soho spotapiebabyDined on 6/2/2012Only had lunch here. Well located on a cute SoHo street with art galleries and boutiques. I had a pizza with fig jam and some sort of cheese - gorgonzola, I think. Yum! I took half of it out with me but ended up eating it an hour later, it was so good.Special Features:
- Great service, very attentive,MarianoVIPDined on 5/12/2012Great service, very attentive, whole crew was almost catering the table. Great drinks also.Special Features:
- I had forgotten how nice itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2012I had forgotten how nice it is at I Tre Merli and was happy to have gone back recently. As usual, it didn't disappoint. Awesome service --- though I found that the serving on some of the dishes were too much for just one person.
- Good service, good food, niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/15/2012Good service, good food, nice environment , quiet and enjoyable. This restaurant has never disappointed in all the years I have gone there. Nice after work crowd and a good choice for weekend dining.Special Features:
- I have eaten at this restaurantbadgergrad96VIPDined on 3/10/2012I have eaten at this restaurant before and was a huge fan, however, this time around I feel like something was missing. We were offered a different wine from what we ordered and my fish was over cooked. Unfortunately disappointed this time around.
- We had a great meal thereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/3/2012We had a great meal there - the waitstaff was very knowledgable of the fine and food. The 'bar area' was a little bright, and not very atmospheric - service was OK the first we were there. The second time was much better...plus the bartender gave us a little 'treat' shot that was very nice...Special Features:
- Oitstanding service, drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/25/2012Oitstanding service, drinks were great, food wonderful!Special Features:
- Made reservations for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2012Made reservations for a group of girls who were in NYC for a weekend to celebrate a birthday. There was virtually no one in the restaurant and we could see a fair amount of staff standing around, but the service was not great. The waitress made a mistake on a pizza and acted indifferent to my friend who requested she fix her mistake. The food was good and I enjoyed the atmosphere despite the mediocre service.Special Features:
- chic, laid back, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2012Food, service and ambiance were great. My favorite part of the meal was dessert, the basil panna cotta was delicious. I'd definitely go back for another round!Special Features:
- The Three BlackbirdsSlowVIPDined on 2/8/2012Great Calamari, an excellent Ribiolina pizza with spinach and pine nuts, exceptionally light gnocchi with a delightful gorgonzola sauce, good branzini,and a tasty tiramisu.Special Features:
- Went for my sons birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/13/2012Went for my sons birthday. The meal was exceptional, wine was great and the service was great..I have been there many times and its always the same.Special Features:
- Good service coupled witheddieVIPDined on 12/23/2011Good service coupled with good food equals a good place to eat. The beet salad was superb and the pizza was tasty and pleasurable. The wine was well priced and the pour was decent. The music got a bit loud but we would come back and hope that the music was turned down a bit.Special Features:
- Had a fabulous dinner. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2011Had a fabulous dinner. The wait staff was so friendly.The gnocchi is delicious. Finished the meal with gelato pizza. Delicioso.Special Features:
- Food was great. as NY'erOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/9/2011Food was great. as NY'er strolling & shopping through Soho during the holidays my husband and I met our family from NJ (Italian family) so we were thrilled with the food. However, this obvious is a tourist trap as the service was very unfriendly. Our server seemed annoyed and almost bothered to wait on us along with those helping ot bring food to our table. Our tab was $700.....a big disappointment. We were better off eating at Mercer Kitchen or elsewhere in the neighborhood!
- Phenomenal food, Best BeefacinetoVIPDined on 11/26/2011Phenomenal food, Best Beef Carpaccio I have ever hadSpecial Features:
- "Great Service. WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2011"Great Service. Wonderful ambiance. I 110% RECOMMEND IT!"Special Features:
- a murder (flock of) of crows.....neighborVIPDined on 10/15/2011There was a mixture of young and old in this noisy vibrant place.... but, the food was pretty good overall..... It was more of a nigtclub scene than we were looking for... but, the booths were very comfortable and the food was interesting... The service was a tad sketchy.... but, eventually we got our coffee and dessert.... Go early if you prefer the old I Tre Merli atmosphere..... and get out before the "merli" arrive...Special Features:
- This was our 2nd visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2011This was our 2nd visit to I Tre Merli - SOHO. It's a great spot for a group dinner. The noise level is LOW which makes it a great spot to actually have a conversation with your dinner guests too.Special Features: