1220 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iricchidc.com/
- Phone: 2028350459x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Christianne Ricchi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small - medium sized events.
A word from i Ricchi
A restaurant specializing in the preparation of "Cucina Rustica" - Tuscan country-style cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
i Ricchi - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
i Ricchi reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (136)fit for foodies (110)romantic (110)neighborhood gem (67)notable wine list (60)great for lunch (58)great for outdoor dining (51)good for groups (40)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always a treatIrnieVIPDined on 8/30/2014We usually visit I Ricchi every 4 to 6 weeks. The food is always consistent in preparation and quality. The servers we have been priviledged to have wait on us have been outstanding---very well trained and appropriately attentive. We will be looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great Find!JWPaisVIPDined on 8/30/2014We really enjoyed the food & service! Our waitress was very knowledgeable on the menu and her recommendation was spot on!!Special Features:
- Always a treat!CrangeeDined on 8/30/2014We typically go to IRicchi when we have a GROUPON. They permit you to select from the entire menu with no restrictions! Food is great, service is great (Tyler was a gem!). I recommend IRicchi especially if you have a GROUPON but be certain to tip on the full amount (which would be $212 so have at least $40 in tip ready)! The new manager (at least I think he is new) is very involved and is very visible to make sure you are getting a good experience.Special Features:
- not great and weird serviceworldtravellerVIPDined on 8/27/2014the restaurant, almost empty has unusual service, Our waiter lingered and eavesdropped on our conversation and then tried to participate in it a few times. a bit creepy. Food is pricey but not great!!Special Features:
- Il Servizio lascia in po' . . .TrwwDined on 8/26/2014Food remains very good. Servers should be told to pay attention to what customers are saying rather than slavishly adhering to a script.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichValDougAaronDined on 8/25/2014The food is always amazing. Go there with a good appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Great restaurant for lunch. Outstanding customer service form the minute you walk in to when you leave. First class food.Special Features:
- The best pasta in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is exceptional and the staff make you feel as if you are a part of the family. While I love everything on the menu, I can’t pass up the ricotta and spinach filled tortelloni or Penne Strascicate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i ricchi date nightjoelDined on 8/23/2014We used a Groupon and I had read some write-ups, some good, some not as good so I wasn't sure what to expect. The calamari app, and the rockfish and filet entrees were all excellent while the bread with olive oil, diced tomatoes and cannellini beans appetizer was good. They were a little heavy with the red pepper sauce that accompanied the filet and the polenta was more bland than even polenta usually is. And I didn't get much of a hint of the truffle oil it was supposedly mixed with. The house red wine was great (enough that we each ordered another glass of it). The tiramisu and double chocolate desserts were both very good. Above all, our server was unbelievably attentive and made great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!Newf4meDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I return to i Ricchi about every two years. Each time we are reminded of the high standard the entire staff sets in service, beverages and food. I wish we lived closer to DC. We would be visiting more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous findYummyDined on 8/23/2014I have been wanting to come here. Finally went with a groupon. It was worth the wait. The food was top of the line and the waiter was very nice and informative. I would highlyrecommen d and will go back.Special Features:
- DeborahDined on 8/22/2014Years ago this was one of the best Italian restaurants downtown. Honestly the door was just okay not exceptional as it used to be.
- Anniversary DinnerPJDCVIPDined on 8/21/2014We settled on I Ricchi for our tenth anniversary dinner and found the service excellent and our meal superb. My husband's Gypsy-style steak was cooked exactly the way he requested, and the scallops in my entrée were, by far, the most tender and well-flavored I've had.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014The staff at I Ricchi was absolutely amazing, from the moment we walked in, until the moment we left. Our server was attentive without being overbearing, and our table was kept clean, used plates removed etc., without us feeling inconvenienced. The food was amazing. We had the special appetizer - mushrooms and polenta, and it was delicious. Our server was extremely helpful with picking out a wine that everyone at our table would enjoy. The main courses were perfect, we all cleaned our plates. We all ordered a special from that evening, one pasta dish and two fish dishes. Everything was cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. For dessert, we had to try the tiramisu, and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Outstanding service/delicious foodCandRDined on 8/19/2014We were in the mood for Italian food so we did a quick google search and found I Ricci. We are not from the area but if ever we are in town; we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% better experiencesammyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Unfortunately, after my last visit, I was very hesitant to return. Glad I gave it another try! Everything was perfect...service, food, ambiance, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- judy19VIPDined on 8/16/2014really a wonderful restaurant.... but they rushed us during restaurant week..... also, price of coffee and drinks was way highSpecial Features:
- I love this placeClassicYUMVIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything was delicious... Summer Garden risotto beyond belief delicious!Special Features:
- tastey but not enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was well prepared and presentation good. Food tasted great, but the portions were inadequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeidiaDined on 8/15/2014Our dining experience was very nice and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Want to be a hero?ICEMaidenVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is always the place to take an out of town guest and come out hero. The food is always good and service good even if our waiter sounded like Peter Lorrey.Special Features:
- Still a gemROMEODined on 8/14/2014This restaurant has been around a long time and for good reason. Its management shows appreciation for its patrons. The Restaurant Week specials were fantastic and a bargain.Special Features:
- Not likely to returnChili3Dined on 8/13/2014My husband and I aren't usually "coupon" users. However, we saw a great deal on Groupon or Living Social for i Ricchi. We've been there several times and always enjoyed it. Maybe the fact that we had the coupon made a difference? Service was "casual"...with the waiter motioning a "thumbs up?" from accross the room rather than approaching the table. Salmon was overcooked, and polenta was so crisp and hard I needed a streak knife to saw through it. The coupon offering was very generous, but we did not receive everything indicated. We were so frustrated by poor food and service we just left without giving feedback to the staff. Maybe just an off night, but with so many other choices, this one is off the list.
- Good restaurant week mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014We picked i Ricci for our restaurant meal based on the menu and were very happy with our choice. The beet appetizer was fabulous and the risotto appetizer outstanding also. The green peppercorn filet sauce was a little salty for my taste but eating it with the tuscan bread crouton served under it moderated the salt. The veal milanese was great. The chocolate pear "tart", however, was not a winner. It was not a tart but a dense flourless chocolate cake with a very slim, almost undectable pear sliceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Findnew2iricchiDined on 8/13/2014All food was very carefully prepared and well presented. The service was impeccable. The room was attractive. The MaitreD remembered my name as I was leaving. The occasion was thoroughly enjoyable. The soups were excellent. My husband's steak was tender. My veal scaloppini was also tender and breaded just right.Special Features:
- Good food and great serviceykchanDined on 8/12/2014First time at the restaurant via restaurant week. Our waiter (AJ) knew the menu back and forth, made good recommendations, was attentive to our needs, but didn't hover at all. The ambiance was terrific. With all the new "hip" restaurants popping up in DC, it's nice to be at a place that has been around for a while (since 1989), serves good food, and is not pretentious. The food was classic Tuscan Italian. The house special, tortellini with sage butter, is a must. Only disappointment was that the restaurant week menu is only "half portions" instead of the regular dinner size. We had enough to eat, but it would have been nice if they noted that ahead of time on the reservation page (or via Opentable) or online before hand.Special Features:
- Delicious foodYoniDined on 8/12/2014I had the Tuscan bread soup and a pesto pasta dish. They were truly delicious. The chocolate pear cake was good, but not quite as good as the soup or entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week treasurefoodlore2Dined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed a lovely lunch during restaurant week that was delicious, and worthy of a full evening meal. The branzino was topped with a light, lovely sauce, and the desserts were beautiful and tasty.Special Features:
- Chef Ricchi is Perfectionbtdude1Dined on 8/9/2014This is the second time in a month we have visited this local restaurant, and we have now been convinced, by Chef Ricchi herself, no less, that this is our place. The food is impeccable. The staff is attentive and knowledgeable. The food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best italian food in DCDavideDined on 8/8/2014I Ricchi is probably the best italian restaurant in DC I discovered so far. Appetizers are tasty and pretty big and the pasta is perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food were yummy!MaigirlDined on 8/8/2014We really like the atmosphere inside the restaurant. The food were great. We enjoyed it very much. Our waitress was super nice and very helpful. We definitely will come back again. One drawback was that we have difficult time finding parking in DC. The waitress did inform us next time we should use their valet parking, it's FREE. We will definitely do that next time :-)Special Features:
- Past it's primeJim1Dined on 8/7/2014The welcome, service and ambience were excellent but the food was disappointing at best.Special Features:
- dissatisfiedVIPDined on 8/4/2014Th quality is really going down. The food was terrible. I will not return
- A Real GemNana7VIPDined on 8/1/2014I've been to iRicchi about a dozen times in the past few years and have never been disappointed. The restaurant is lovely, the wait staff is wonderful, and the food is delicious. What more could you want?Special Features:
- Regular diner very disappointedDCFoodieSusanVIPDined on 7/31/2014I used to eat here regularly (live in neighborhood) and, on Tuesdays, it's half off for their women's club (join online). My guests and I often overlooked the snooty service despite the high price because the food was so good. After my experience a few days ago, I don't plan to return any time soon. While the appetizers were good, I sent back my fish entre bc it wasn't cooked to my request - the server acted like it was my fault. The hostess returned the entre to do me and said, "maybe this will be done way you more like" but no apology. I left half of it uneaten - but no discount to the check. The owner was even in the kitchen when I sent back the meal. $200 bill (incl tip). My guest (in town from Austria) was appalled.Special Features:
- DC DiningGrouponFoodieDined on 7/28/2014I saw this restaurant on groupon and decided to give it a try since it was such a great. The food was great and the service was exceptional. I would definitely go back and plan to in the near future.Special Features:
- Second visit but not as impressedcm0013aVIPDined on 7/28/2014We all enjoyed our food quite a bit but we were a little surprised by how overly attentive out waitress was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014I went on a groupon and was treated any different. The food was amazing the service was even better. We left a $25 tip thus explaining how impressed i was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorieschefbarrDined on 7/26/2014We were greeted with a warm he'll by the hostess. Which led us to a beautifully warm server. She offered great suggestions for our menu selection and was very attentive. The whole restaurant move with a smooth rhythm. We can't wait to come back and try it again. This time we will try the restaurant's pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Meal!FoodieDined on 7/26/2014The caprese and prosciutto melone were amazing appetizers! For entrees, my friend and I ordered the Filetto alla Zingara and Rockfish special, both of which were absolutely delicious! The only thing that wasn't the greatest was the bread you receive once you are seated. It was a bit dry, but that wasn't the main focus anyway. The staff was incredibly attentive and polite. We will definitely go back again for a special occasion.Special Features: