1220 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iricchidc.com/
- Phone: 2028350459x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Christianne Ricchi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small - medium sized events.
A word from i Ricchi
A restaurant specializing in the preparation of "Cucina Rustica" - Tuscan country-style cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
i Ricchi - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
i Ricchi reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)fit for foodies (102)romantic (100)neighborhood gem (65)notable wine list (58)great for lunch (55)great for outdoor dining (39)good for groups (38)hot spot (12)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- great dinner and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014this is a very nice restaurant surrounded by nice restaurants. very good pastas and meat dishes. food is heavy and filling. great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningSearchingForGreatFoodDined on 9/15/2014We were looking for a downtown dining experience with some good friends. i Ricchi fully met our expectations. We had a wonderful Italian dinner complete with the warm and hospitality that only Italy can provide.Special Features:
- great experienceellieDined on 9/15/2014We really enjoyed the food. The beet dish was excellent. I liked the rockfish also . The wine list was extensive.Special Features:
- LovelyCatzmotherVIPDined on 9/15/2014Outstanding service, lovely food and a wonderful, quiet and relaxing atmosphere make this perfect for a mid-day break. The menu options are varied with a good amount of very healthy options. While I'm not a big fan of mixed greens (that look like weeds), I understand they are good for me and the chef made them tasty, despite my normal hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good serviceJohnVIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner - the food was delicious! My wife changed her entree selection after she heard the specials. She changed to a homemade pasta caprese dish. I had the scallops served on top of zucchini and other vegetables. It was very tasty! Our only minor complaint was that the entrees came out very quickly and we started to feel a bit rushed. That feeling subsided though as the waiter had better pacing with our wine, our desserts, and our after dinner drinks. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014We came using a Groupon deal, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 desserts, and 2 glasses of house wine for $70. We would probably never go to this restaurant otherwise, since it's out of our normal price range, but we found the groupon to be a fantastic deal and we had a really special evening. The only thing I found mediocre was the asparagus appetizer on the specials list. The vegetables were fresh, but the taste was unremarkable. However, the complimentary bread, the other appetizer (proscuitto with another kind of bread), the two entrees (steak and pasta with shrimp), and the two desserts (biscotti with wine dipper and chocolate mousse cake) were all outstanding. The service was impeccable. I would highly recommend if you see on Groupon.Special Features:
- Max5Dined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed our experience. The food was delicious. My pasta was perfection. Worth the visit. Don't be put off by the current outdoor renovations. It did not affect the experience at all. The waiter's assistance with menu and wine choices were helpful. I Ricchi is worth a visit.
- Always Great!JaywestVIPDined on 9/10/2014I find the food here to be above par for most DC restaurants. The service is also very good and the ambiance super. A great place for true Tuscan food.Special Features:
- Perfect Place for Unhurried LunchesJames0806Dined on 9/9/2014We sat at a table by the window and had a delightful unhurried lunch. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, good foodJamesRVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was my third time eating at I Ricchi, second time in six months. It's a lovely space and one of the dwindling number of restaurants in DC where you don't have to yell in order to have a dinner conversation. Our roasted beet salad was superb. The branzino was very well done. I had mixed grill with a lamb chop, Italian sausage and a quail. The waiter didn't ask me how I wanted the chop cooked, I forgot to say, and it came well done. There was no problem returning it, and the replacement was medium rare as I wanted. The free valet parking was especially appreciated because it was raining when we arrived. Overall, a fine dining experience though not a spectacular one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous dinner experiencelouisDined on 9/4/2014We used a Groupon coupon, it cost only $69, with a glass of red or white wine, appetizer, main course & dessert. This is for TWO dinners! What a deal! The bread basket came with 3 different breads, warm & fresh. We had calamari & shrimp, the squid was tender, crispy and flavorful. Our main course were medallions of tenderloin, carrots and polenta. The meat was tender and cooked perfectly. Even the polenta was tasty. I usually think it to be bland, but this actually had both a nice texture and taste. I ordered an extra half order of homemade egg pasta,who can resist it at an Italian restaurant? It was Pasta Creama, mushrooms & sage butter. Wow, is all I can say! Dessert was frozen strawberry cake and a cheesecake. I was so full took it home!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/4/2014I have dined here for many many times and this was the first time we were so disappointed. The food was terrible, not sure if chef changed? The steaks were so dry that all three of us didn't complete our dishes. We loved outdoor seating and they were all gone due to floor renovation on the patio. Service was good as usual but food is not good at all.
- Always a treatIrnieVIPDined on 8/30/2014We usually visit I Ricchi every 4 to 6 weeks. The food is always consistent in preparation and quality. The servers we have been priviledged to have wait on us have been outstanding---very well trained and appropriately attentive. We will be looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great Find!JWPaisVIPDined on 8/30/2014We really enjoyed the food & service! Our waitress was very knowledgeable on the menu and her recommendation was spot on!!Special Features:
- Always a treat!CrangeeDined on 8/30/2014We typically go to IRicchi when we have a GROUPON. They permit you to select from the entire menu with no restrictions! Food is great, service is great (Tyler was a gem!). I recommend IRicchi especially if you have a GROUPON but be certain to tip on the full amount (which would be $212 so have at least $40 in tip ready)! The new manager (at least I think he is new) is very involved and is very visible to make sure you are getting a good experience.Special Features:
- not great and weird serviceworldtravellerVIPDined on 8/27/2014the restaurant, almost empty has unusual service, Our waiter lingered and eavesdropped on our conversation and then tried to participate in it a few times. a bit creepy. Food is pricey but not great!!Special Features:
- Il Servizio lascia in po' . . .TrwwDined on 8/26/2014Food remains very good. Servers should be told to pay attention to what customers are saying rather than slavishly adhering to a script.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichValDougAaronDined on 8/25/2014The food is always amazing. Go there with a good appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Great restaurant for lunch. Outstanding customer service form the minute you walk in to when you leave. First class food.Special Features:
- The best pasta in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is exceptional and the staff make you feel as if you are a part of the family. While I love everything on the menu, I can’t pass up the ricotta and spinach filled tortelloni or Penne Strascicate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i ricchi date nightjoelDined on 8/23/2014We used a Groupon and I had read some write-ups, some good, some not as good so I wasn't sure what to expect. The calamari app, and the rockfish and filet entrees were all excellent while the bread with olive oil, diced tomatoes and cannellini beans appetizer was good. They were a little heavy with the red pepper sauce that accompanied the filet and the polenta was more bland than even polenta usually is. And I didn't get much of a hint of the truffle oil it was supposedly mixed with. The house red wine was great (enough that we each ordered another glass of it). The tiramisu and double chocolate desserts were both very good. Above all, our server was unbelievably attentive and made great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!Newf4meDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I return to i Ricchi about every two years. Each time we are reminded of the high standard the entire staff sets in service, beverages and food. I wish we lived closer to DC. We would be visiting more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous findYummyDined on 8/23/2014I have been wanting to come here. Finally went with a groupon. It was worth the wait. The food was top of the line and the waiter was very nice and informative. I would highlyrecommen d and will go back.Special Features:
- DeborahDined on 8/22/2014Years ago this was one of the best Italian restaurants downtown. Honestly the door was just okay not exceptional as it used to be.
- Anniversary DinnerPJDCVIPDined on 8/21/2014We settled on I Ricchi for our tenth anniversary dinner and found the service excellent and our meal superb. My husband's Gypsy-style steak was cooked exactly the way he requested, and the scallops in my entrée were, by far, the most tender and well-flavored I've had.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014The staff at I Ricchi was absolutely amazing, from the moment we walked in, until the moment we left. Our server was attentive without being overbearing, and our table was kept clean, used plates removed etc., without us feeling inconvenienced. The food was amazing. We had the special appetizer - mushrooms and polenta, and it was delicious. Our server was extremely helpful with picking out a wine that everyone at our table would enjoy. The main courses were perfect, we all cleaned our plates. We all ordered a special from that evening, one pasta dish and two fish dishes. Everything was cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. For dessert, we had to try the tiramisu, and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Outstanding service/delicious foodCandRDined on 8/19/2014We were in the mood for Italian food so we did a quick google search and found I Ricci. We are not from the area but if ever we are in town; we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% better experiencesammyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Unfortunately, after my last visit, I was very hesitant to return. Glad I gave it another try! Everything was perfect...service, food, ambiance, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- judy19VIPDined on 8/16/2014really a wonderful restaurant.... but they rushed us during restaurant week..... also, price of coffee and drinks was way highSpecial Features:
- I love this placeClassicYUMVIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything was delicious... Summer Garden risotto beyond belief delicious!Special Features:
- tastey but not enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was well prepared and presentation good. Food tasted great, but the portions were inadequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeidiaDined on 8/15/2014Our dining experience was very nice and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Want to be a hero?ICEMaidenVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is always the place to take an out of town guest and come out hero. The food is always good and service good even if our waiter sounded like Peter Lorrey.Special Features:
- Still a gemROMEODined on 8/14/2014This restaurant has been around a long time and for good reason. Its management shows appreciation for its patrons. The Restaurant Week specials were fantastic and a bargain.Special Features:
- Not likely to returnChili3Dined on 8/13/2014My husband and I aren't usually "coupon" users. However, we saw a great deal on Groupon or Living Social for i Ricchi. We've been there several times and always enjoyed it. Maybe the fact that we had the coupon made a difference? Service was "casual"...with the waiter motioning a "thumbs up?" from accross the room rather than approaching the table. Salmon was overcooked, and polenta was so crisp and hard I needed a streak knife to saw through it. The coupon offering was very generous, but we did not receive everything indicated. We were so frustrated by poor food and service we just left without giving feedback to the staff. Maybe just an off night, but with so many other choices, this one is off the list.
- Good restaurant week mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014We picked i Ricci for our restaurant meal based on the menu and were very happy with our choice. The beet appetizer was fabulous and the risotto appetizer outstanding also. The green peppercorn filet sauce was a little salty for my taste but eating it with the tuscan bread crouton served under it moderated the salt. The veal milanese was great. The chocolate pear "tart", however, was not a winner. It was not a tart but a dense flourless chocolate cake with a very slim, almost undectable pear sliceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Findnew2iricchiDined on 8/13/2014All food was very carefully prepared and well presented. The service was impeccable. The room was attractive. The MaitreD remembered my name as I was leaving. The occasion was thoroughly enjoyable. The soups were excellent. My husband's steak was tender. My veal scaloppini was also tender and breaded just right.Special Features:
- Good food and great serviceykchanDined on 8/12/2014First time at the restaurant via restaurant week. Our waiter (AJ) knew the menu back and forth, made good recommendations, was attentive to our needs, but didn't hover at all. The ambiance was terrific. With all the new "hip" restaurants popping up in DC, it's nice to be at a place that has been around for a while (since 1989), serves good food, and is not pretentious. The food was classic Tuscan Italian. The house special, tortellini with sage butter, is a must. Only disappointment was that the restaurant week menu is only "half portions" instead of the regular dinner size. We had enough to eat, but it would have been nice if they noted that ahead of time on the reservation page (or via Opentable) or online before hand.Special Features:
- Delicious foodYoniDined on 8/12/2014I had the Tuscan bread soup and a pesto pasta dish. They were truly delicious. The chocolate pear cake was good, but not quite as good as the soup or entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week treasurefoodlore2Dined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed a lovely lunch during restaurant week that was delicious, and worthy of a full evening meal. The branzino was topped with a light, lovely sauce, and the desserts were beautiful and tasty.Special Features: