1220 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iricchidc.com/
- Phone: 2028350459x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Christianne Ricchi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small - medium sized events.
A word from i Ricchi
A restaurant specializing in the preparation of "Cucina Rustica" - Tuscan country-style cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
i Ricchi - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
i Ricchi reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)fit for foodies (97)romantic (91)neighborhood gem (52)great for lunch (49)notable wine list (48)good for groups (40)great for outdoor dining (21)hot spot (12)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- JimJimNDined on 10/21/2014I took my wife to I Ricchi for her Birthday and scored 1789 points and secured husband of the month designation for October (second month in a row)! Thank you for a lovely evening!Special Features:
- Good to experience on discountOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014This restaurant had lovely story. I enjoyed hearing about the owners travels from Italy to DC. The experience is well worth in for the discounted price. I would hesitate to go again at full price.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beejdmDined on 10/16/2014With the exception of the service, Ricchi is simply not what is used to be. It is no longer special, just ordinary. We even had to send one meal back that was ordered medium but came out rare. When it was returned it was still rare. In short, a pricy restaurant that used to be worth it, but no longer is.
- Great food & serviceJudyRDined on 10/11/2014Due to light traffic, we arrived 30 minutes before our reservation. Nevertheless, we were welcomed and seated quickly. Our waiter, Mario, explained the various menu items and told us of any special features of the dishes. We had a dining voucher and shared an appetizer, but he deftly divided it. The proseco was refreshing and the red wine that was offered was a nice Sangiovese going well with both my rockfish and my husband's beef. My rockfish was tasty, and the accompanying potatoes and carrots were a good companion. The beef dish was also good though maybe a bit salty . My frozen strawberry meringue dessert was delicious, and I was told that the coffee was excellent, a necessary requirement of a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but...tuesdayschildDined on 10/11/2014We all had a very nice meal. The restaurant is lovely. I remember the location as being a French bakery more than 30 years ago. Our party did think it odd that a waiter would tell a diner very specifically not to choose a particular dish that was on the menu. The person in our party did not choose the dish, he did go with the waiters' recommendation - and enjoyed that dish, but still... If a restaurant has it on the menu, especially one well know as i Ricchi, I assumed it must be good... yes?Special Features:
- Enchanting Italian RestaurantRuthsburgVIPDined on 10/8/2014This restaurant does not disappoint. Food was spectacular. The ribbon pasta was homemade and was light as a feather. The rockfish with vegetables was perfectly cooked. The lamb was tender and moist. The server was most attentive and helpful with dinner entree descriptions. Worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian dining!TheDupontCoupleDined on 10/4/2014I Ricchi is the perfect place for a romantic date! The food was delicious, and the ambiance was lovely. The handmade pasta was some of the best I've had! We had a slight issue with our server, but management quickly stepped in and fixed the problem. The prices are a bit on the higher side, especially the drinks. I would definitely go back and recommended this restaurant to others looking for a great Italian meal for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much dramaseekingreatfoodDined on 10/4/2014The food was really good our server tried really hard to make sure we had an enjoyable meal. Unfortunately the drama queen at the next table did nothing but complain about the service, her bill, and the wait staff which put everyone one edge. The fish and salads were excellent we did not stay for dessert. Good wines by the glass we would give it another try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many issues to return there...SinefulaDined on 10/4/2014We chose iRicchi for our son's birthday celebration.I was pleased with the telephone call, clearing up some details regarding the occasion, from the restaurant, prior to our visit. The food was nice. But I was disappointed with the grains of sand in my Funghi Freschi Misti! Grigliata Misti Della Casa was supposed to include pork loin, rabbit sausage, lamb chop and stuffed baby quail. There was no pork loin in my plate at all!I couldn't eat the lamb chop- it was undercooked. Braciola di Maiale con I'Olive was superb! And wine was great. All desserts and coffee were wonderful. I disliked that the bill already included 18% tips - that automatically deprived me of the possibility to express my personal point of view on the food and service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Great attentive, yet friendly service and great selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the pastaRickVIPDined on 10/3/2014I hade the mixed grill, lamb chop, quail, sausage, and vegetables. Date had the Rockfish as recommended by our waiter. Started with the mushroom soup and the penne pasta. They were the best!! Entrees were a overcooked, except for the lamb chop and veggies. Bread basket was wonderful. Dessert, strawberries, meringue, and vanilla gelato, was an excellent finish. How they get all that strawberry flavor in a frozen dessert is a mystery worth tasting. Free valet parking too.Special Features:
- My Favorite Italian RestaurantFrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014i Ricchi is my favorite Italian restaurant. The food is excellent. My dining partner and I both had fish (rockfish and trout) on our recent visit and they were superb -- beautifully prepared and served. Service is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- go somewhere elseEpi2014Dined on 10/1/2014The manager is unfriendly and it didn't seem like the staff knew what they were doing. Fish was overcooked and salty. Overpriced.Special Features:
- Cold Food!PatriciaVIPDined on 9/30/2014We have been here many times and have always had excellent service. This time my entree was horrible...I should have complained at the time and sent it back to the kitchen, but that seems awkward to request, so I have never done that. I ordered shrimp with peppers and the shrimp were so tiny and cold that I couldn't believe it! My husband's entree was steaming hot and he enjoyed it. I did comment about it at the end of the meal, but the server said nothing, not even that he was sorry I hadn't enjoyed it. This restaurant is too expensive to serve mediocre food. We are retired and eat out very frequently, and although the staff is friendly and welcoming, we will not be back here. Next time we'll go the The Palm across the street!Special Features:
- one of my favoritesYummyDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites. We brought our friends Sat. night and they loved it,too! The food and waiter were fabulous. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recomend itAferreiranetoVIPDined on 9/24/2014Recomend it hahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahagahahshshshshshdhdhdhdhdjshdhshshshshshshshhdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good.. but not that goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014Yes, the service and food was excellent. However, without the amazon local voucher I would never eat at this restaurant. The prices were far too high for the quality that I've had at a much lower price. I recommend buying a voucher to try for yourself but be warned of the prices.Special Features:
- Superb Itslian Restaurantfoodie99Dined on 9/20/2014Have been going to I Ricchi for over 20 years. Our latest dinner was amazing. Filet mignon and Bronzini entrees were delicious. Appetizers and desserts also were first rate! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014this is a very nice restaurant surrounded by nice restaurants. very good pastas and meat dishes. food is heavy and filling. great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningSearchingForGreatFoodDined on 9/15/2014We were looking for a downtown dining experience with some good friends. i Ricchi fully met our expectations. We had a wonderful Italian dinner complete with the warm and hospitality that only Italy can provide.Special Features:
- great experienceellieVIPDined on 9/15/2014We really enjoyed the food. The beet dish was excellent. I liked the rockfish also . The wine list was extensive.Special Features:
- LovelyCatzmotherVIPDined on 9/15/2014Outstanding service, lovely food and a wonderful, quiet and relaxing atmosphere make this perfect for a mid-day break. The menu options are varied with a good amount of very healthy options. While I'm not a big fan of mixed greens (that look like weeds), I understand they are good for me and the chef made them tasty, despite my normal hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good serviceJohnVIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our dinner - the food was delicious! My wife changed her entree selection after she heard the specials. She changed to a homemade pasta caprese dish. I had the scallops served on top of zucchini and other vegetables. It was very tasty! Our only minor complaint was that the entrees came out very quickly and we started to feel a bit rushed. That feeling subsided though as the waiter had better pacing with our wine, our desserts, and our after dinner drinks. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014We came using a Groupon deal, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 desserts, and 2 glasses of house wine for $70. We would probably never go to this restaurant otherwise, since it's out of our normal price range, but we found the groupon to be a fantastic deal and we had a really special evening. The only thing I found mediocre was the asparagus appetizer on the specials list. The vegetables were fresh, but the taste was unremarkable. However, the complimentary bread, the other appetizer (proscuitto with another kind of bread), the two entrees (steak and pasta with shrimp), and the two desserts (biscotti with wine dipper and chocolate mousse cake) were all outstanding. The service was impeccable. I would highly recommend if you see on Groupon.Special Features:
- Max5Dined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed our experience. The food was delicious. My pasta was perfection. Worth the visit. Don't be put off by the current outdoor renovations. It did not affect the experience at all. The waiter's assistance with menu and wine choices were helpful. I Ricchi is worth a visit.
- Always Great!JaywestVIPDined on 9/10/2014I find the food here to be above par for most DC restaurants. The service is also very good and the ambiance super. A great place for true Tuscan food.Special Features:
- Perfect Place for Unhurried LunchesJames0806Dined on 9/9/2014We sat at a table by the window and had a delightful unhurried lunch. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, good foodJamesRVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was my third time eating at I Ricchi, second time in six months. It's a lovely space and one of the dwindling number of restaurants in DC where you don't have to yell in order to have a dinner conversation. Our roasted beet salad was superb. The branzino was very well done. I had mixed grill with a lamb chop, Italian sausage and a quail. The waiter didn't ask me how I wanted the chop cooked, I forgot to say, and it came well done. There was no problem returning it, and the replacement was medium rare as I wanted. The free valet parking was especially appreciated because it was raining when we arrived. Overall, a fine dining experience though not a spectacular one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous dinner experiencelouisDined on 9/4/2014We used a Groupon coupon, it cost only $69, with a glass of red or white wine, appetizer, main course & dessert. This is for TWO dinners! What a deal! The bread basket came with 3 different breads, warm & fresh. We had calamari & shrimp, the squid was tender, crispy and flavorful. Our main course were medallions of tenderloin, carrots and polenta. The meat was tender and cooked perfectly. Even the polenta was tasty. I usually think it to be bland, but this actually had both a nice texture and taste. I ordered an extra half order of homemade egg pasta,who can resist it at an Italian restaurant? It was Pasta Creama, mushrooms & sage butter. Wow, is all I can say! Dessert was frozen strawberry cake and a cheesecake. I was so full took it home!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/4/2014I have dined here for many many times and this was the first time we were so disappointed. The food was terrible, not sure if chef changed? The steaks were so dry that all three of us didn't complete our dishes. We loved outdoor seating and they were all gone due to floor renovation on the patio. Service was good as usual but food is not good at all.
- Always a treatIrnieVIPDined on 8/30/2014We usually visit I Ricchi every 4 to 6 weeks. The food is always consistent in preparation and quality. The servers we have been priviledged to have wait on us have been outstanding---very well trained and appropriately attentive. We will be looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great Find!JWPaisVIPDined on 8/30/2014We really enjoyed the food & service! Our waitress was very knowledgeable on the menu and her recommendation was spot on!!Special Features:
- Always a treat!CrangeeDined on 8/30/2014We typically go to IRicchi when we have a GROUPON. They permit you to select from the entire menu with no restrictions! Food is great, service is great (Tyler was a gem!). I recommend IRicchi especially if you have a GROUPON but be certain to tip on the full amount (which would be $212 so have at least $40 in tip ready)! The new manager (at least I think he is new) is very involved and is very visible to make sure you are getting a good experience.Special Features:
- not great and weird serviceworldtravellerVIPDined on 8/27/2014the restaurant, almost empty has unusual service, Our waiter lingered and eavesdropped on our conversation and then tried to participate in it a few times. a bit creepy. Food is pricey but not great!!Special Features:
- Il Servizio lascia in po' . . .TrwwDined on 8/26/2014Food remains very good. Servers should be told to pay attention to what customers are saying rather than slavishly adhering to a script.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichValDougAaronDined on 8/25/2014The food is always amazing. Go there with a good appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Great restaurant for lunch. Outstanding customer service form the minute you walk in to when you leave. First class food.Special Features:
- The best pasta in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is exceptional and the staff make you feel as if you are a part of the family. While I love everything on the menu, I can’t pass up the ricotta and spinach filled tortelloni or Penne Strascicate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i ricchi date nightjoelDined on 8/23/2014We used a Groupon and I had read some write-ups, some good, some not as good so I wasn't sure what to expect. The calamari app, and the rockfish and filet entrees were all excellent while the bread with olive oil, diced tomatoes and cannellini beans appetizer was good. They were a little heavy with the red pepper sauce that accompanied the filet and the polenta was more bland than even polenta usually is. And I didn't get much of a hint of the truffle oil it was supposedly mixed with. The house red wine was great (enough that we each ordered another glass of it). The tiramisu and double chocolate desserts were both very good. Above all, our server was unbelievably attentive and made great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!Newf4meDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I return to i Ricchi about every two years. Each time we are reminded of the high standard the entire staff sets in service, beverages and food. I wish we lived closer to DC. We would be visiting more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.