1220 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iricchidc.com/
- Phone: (202) 835-0459
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Christianne Ricchi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small - medium sized events.
A word from i Ricchi
A restaurant specializing in the preparation of "Cucina Rustica" - Tuscan country-style cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
i Ricchi - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
i Ricchi reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)fit for foodies (114)romantic (95)neighborhood gem (62)great for lunch (52)notable wine list (49)good for groups (44)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Our food...TimHVIPDined on 11/15/2014Our food couldn't have been any better. The service was great too. A little noisy but nothing to fuss over. Very nice homemade deserts too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why is this place packed?StephenVIPDined on 11/15/2014Fake. Fake greenery, fake upscale, fake food. Yet it was half full at 18:15 and people kept coming in. I ordered the lasagne. It arrived within 2 minutes and had that microwavey over-hot quality. It was OK. But I could have had equally good food out of my freezer.
- SlosupDined on 11/14/2014A place where you can always count on great food, service and attention. And, the absolute best cappuccino in DC. Chris is lovely AND CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEW PATIO AND COFFEE BAR COMING SPRING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendationtacanaDined on 11/11/2014I Ricchi is a very established Washington restaurant with great food and service and an authentic European feel. The house white wine is perfect; the appetizers and entrees varied, well-prepared and attractively presented and the desserts, delicious. I consider this a special occasion restaurant with reasonable prices. We celebrate our birthdays there.Special Features:
- Great all aroundsd710VIPDined on 11/11/2014Fabulous food, service, and atmosphere. The restaurant is upscale, but totally unpretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favouriteWineauxInAlexandriaVIPDined on 11/10/2014We love I Ricchi ... But for the fact that we like to rotate through the DC area's that we like to rotate through the DC area's wealth of great restaurants we would visit more often than once every three or four months. It is in the upper price tier of restaurants and better values might be found elsewhere but none will match the I Ricchi experience. Having a rare weekday off ... We visited for lunch. On a Momday, the restaurant was very quiet and staff had a lot more time to focus on the few tables that were occupied. As with dinner, be careful with eating too much bread ... They do provide too much.Special Features:
- wellingtonneighborVIPDined on 11/8/2014Average food. Nothing was exceptional. Artichokes on the fish of the day seemed to be canned or over cooked (mushy) - lasagna had an odd sliced sausage.
- The Prince-Ellis ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014My friend and I have a great time visiting iRicchi! What initially was started out to be last-minute dinner date ended a great foodie retreat. I waiter by far was the best part of the experience. He was very knowledgeable and helpful in selecting food choices and most accommodating. We would definitely be back in the future for another experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!LindaVIPDined on 11/8/2014Went here on a Living Social coupon. It was much better than expected. A very nice décor and excellent seafood. I shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still A Great Place to DinedocsdiningDined on 11/8/2014I've been going to i Ricchi for many years now when ever I am in DC. The food is always well prepared, the waitstaff are attentive and the noise level is such that you can have a relaxing dinner. It remains one of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening in ItalyPoppaZmurfDined on 11/6/2014We had a wonderful meal. The food was excellently prepared in an authentic manner. Very flavorful in generous portions. My water glass never got past half empty for long, I just wish the glasses were larger (8 oz) which meant the server was by our table often. Our waiter was very helpful and personable. A pleasant evening was had by all.Special Features:
- Delicious!LopyDined on 11/5/2014Had a great time, great food, great service! Save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, busy, happening placeDanielaDined on 11/1/2014The food is good enough, but the ambiance is wonderful, with a hopping, diverse, middle-age crowd. Will go back.
- Expensive and lovelyCreativeladyDined on 11/1/2014The food was good and there were generous portions. The service was exceptional. The cost, however, makes this a place only for special occasions for most people.Special Features:
- Just okaymerrily626Dined on 11/1/2014This is a restaurant that I had always wanted to try. Unfortunately, the other reviews that I read saying that it was past its prime were true. Luckily, we had a coupon so didn't pay the high prices for food that was just ok. Appetizers and desserts were better than than entrees. The food was generally bland; some sauces and/or more seasoning would have improved things. Also, the lamb chops were not a prime cut and so were somewhat tough. Service and setting were both very nice but we won't be returning because a great dining experience must include excellent food.
- Outstanding food and serviceGugadaniDined on 10/31/2014Charming restaurant with an excellent menu. Very tasty choices. Stated with a cured smoked salmon and followed by a sauted fish that were outstanding. The chocolate pear tart was good but there are better choices in the menu. The waitress was outstanding and helped us make good choices. Very nice decor. A must go in DC.Special Features:
- Italian cuisine in DCPJRspecialsDined on 10/30/2014The tartare de salmon was an awesome appetizer, and the semifreddo alle fragile was a refreshing dessert. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful. As a twosome we were placed too close to the hostess and among other twosomes, and the noise level did prevent us from having much of a conversation. So I concentrated on the food which was excellent. At the end of the meal, the check included a recommended 18% tip on the full value of the meal but the tip was also 18% of the DC restaurant tax (10%).Special Features:
- i Ricchi: Continues to ShineJVKLAWVIPDined on 10/29/2014i Ricchi continues to shine. It's that simple. The food is always fresh and delicious, and varied. Whether it's a pasta dish or meat/fish, everything is prepared to perfection. I look forward to my next visit, which will be soon.Special Features:
- great place to bring clientsjustaddbourbonVIPDined on 10/29/2014Great spot for a business lunch, food is wonderfulSpecial Features:
- What happened to i Ricchi's?JuliTuliVIPDined on 10/27/2014The server was rude. The food was not as presented. I was sold the special of Maryland Rockfish. He brings the fish and says...here is your Branzino. I said I ordered the Rockfish...he said it is the same thing. Branzino is sea bass. Maryland Rockfish is striped bass. I gave this server the Social Living Coupon when we arrived on my iphone. He takes it away and never comes back with the phone. He says...the manager has it. We asked again later to have the phone back....he said it is coming. Finally, we demanded the phone back. He later asks for it again. And, the place was empty. Where was the so called manager????? Last, the bill comes and there is a card with it that says they added on 18% gratuity due to a coupon?
- Great food and ambiance!FoodiethomasfamilyDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant was very nice, valet parking in that area was priceless. Our server never provided his name, but was also an asset to our first time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrdinaryMightyDined on 10/25/2014We expected more from this restaurant, and were disappointed by what we thought was rather predictable, ordinary food. The tortellini was thick and tough, and the shrimp with spaghetti was so creamy that it was only slightly better than the canned variety. While the ambiance in the rear room was lovely, the noise level in the front was painful, not a good place to be seated. At the prices we paid, we expected much more.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014A fancy place for special occasions. Our server was really great!Special Features:
- Lovely ambiance-lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014My daughter and I were looking for a nice place for Italian food before her race the next day. This place was a gem, with fabulous service and wonderful authentic Italian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch for the HIDDEN charges!JWPaisVIPDined on 10/24/2014We were ripped off by our waiter! On a $60 bottle of wine we paid 128.00!!! We asked a 2nd glass of wine but instead the waiter brought to our table a bottle of the wine & opened it, he told my husband this was a better deal than ordering another glass of wine!! We had an Amazon voucher which included a glass of Prosecco wine, a glasses of red wine, we didn't need a bottle since we were driving!!! When the check came he had pen written charges on his pad & explained that, the wine was $60-$22 in taxes and a $45.32 tip!! We didn't argue as we were with friends but did express our dissatisfaction with one of the managers. Beware~Ask for a manager!
- HungaryVIPDined on 10/24/2014Dine there often and it's always great!!! Have been there for Birthday/Anniversary and anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimJimNDined on 10/21/2014I took my wife to I Ricchi for her Birthday and scored 1789 points and secured husband of the month designation for October (second month in a row)! Thank you for a lovely evening!Special Features:
- Good to experience on discountOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014This restaurant had lovely story. I enjoyed hearing about the owners travels from Italy to DC. The experience is well worth in for the discounted price. I would hesitate to go again at full price.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beejdmDined on 10/16/2014With the exception of the service, Ricchi is simply not what is used to be. It is no longer special, just ordinary. We even had to send one meal back that was ordered medium but came out rare. When it was returned it was still rare. In short, a pricy restaurant that used to be worth it, but no longer is.
- Great food & serviceJudyRDined on 10/11/2014Due to light traffic, we arrived 30 minutes before our reservation. Nevertheless, we were welcomed and seated quickly. Our waiter, Mario, explained the various menu items and told us of any special features of the dishes. We had a dining voucher and shared an appetizer, but he deftly divided it. The proseco was refreshing and the red wine that was offered was a nice Sangiovese going well with both my rockfish and my husband's beef. My rockfish was tasty, and the accompanying potatoes and carrots were a good companion. The beef dish was also good though maybe a bit salty . My frozen strawberry meringue dessert was delicious, and I was told that the coffee was excellent, a necessary requirement of a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but...tuesdayschildDined on 10/11/2014We all had a very nice meal. The restaurant is lovely. I remember the location as being a French bakery more than 30 years ago. Our party did think it odd that a waiter would tell a diner very specifically not to choose a particular dish that was on the menu. The person in our party did not choose the dish, he did go with the waiters' recommendation - and enjoyed that dish, but still... If a restaurant has it on the menu, especially one well know as i Ricchi, I assumed it must be good... yes?Special Features:
- Enchanting Italian RestaurantRuthsburgVIPDined on 10/8/2014This restaurant does not disappoint. Food was spectacular. The ribbon pasta was homemade and was light as a feather. The rockfish with vegetables was perfectly cooked. The lamb was tender and moist. The server was most attentive and helpful with dinner entree descriptions. Worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian dining!TheDupontCoupleDined on 10/4/2014I Ricchi is the perfect place for a romantic date! The food was delicious, and the ambiance was lovely. The handmade pasta was some of the best I've had! We had a slight issue with our server, but management quickly stepped in and fixed the problem. The prices are a bit on the higher side, especially the drinks. I would definitely go back and recommended this restaurant to others looking for a great Italian meal for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much dramaseekingreatfoodDined on 10/4/2014The food was really good our server tried really hard to make sure we had an enjoyable meal. Unfortunately the drama queen at the next table did nothing but complain about the service, her bill, and the wait staff which put everyone one edge. The fish and salads were excellent we did not stay for dessert. Good wines by the glass we would give it another try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many issues to return there...SinefulaDined on 10/4/2014We chose iRicchi for our son's birthday celebration.I was pleased with the telephone call, clearing up some details regarding the occasion, from the restaurant, prior to our visit. The food was nice. But I was disappointed with the grains of sand in my Funghi Freschi Misti! Grigliata Misti Della Casa was supposed to include pork loin, rabbit sausage, lamb chop and stuffed baby quail. There was no pork loin in my plate at all!I couldn't eat the lamb chop- it was undercooked. Braciola di Maiale con I'Olive was superb! And wine was great. All desserts and coffee were wonderful. I disliked that the bill already included 18% tips - that automatically deprived me of the possibility to express my personal point of view on the food and service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Great attentive, yet friendly service and great selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the pastaRickVIPDined on 10/3/2014I hade the mixed grill, lamb chop, quail, sausage, and vegetables. Date had the Rockfish as recommended by our waiter. Started with the mushroom soup and the penne pasta. They were the best!! Entrees were a overcooked, except for the lamb chop and veggies. Bread basket was wonderful. Dessert, strawberries, meringue, and vanilla gelato, was an excellent finish. How they get all that strawberry flavor in a frozen dessert is a mystery worth tasting. Free valet parking too.Special Features:
- My Favorite Italian RestaurantFrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014i Ricchi is my favorite Italian restaurant. The food is excellent. My dining partner and I both had fish (rockfish and trout) on our recent visit and they were superb -- beautifully prepared and served. Service is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- go somewhere elseEpi2014Dined on 10/1/2014The manager is unfriendly and it didn't seem like the staff knew what they were doing. Fish was overcooked and salty. Overpriced.Special Features:
- Cold Food!PatriciaVIPDined on 9/30/2014We have been here many times and have always had excellent service. This time my entree was horrible...I should have complained at the time and sent it back to the kitchen, but that seems awkward to request, so I have never done that. I ordered shrimp with peppers and the shrimp were so tiny and cold that I couldn't believe it! My husband's entree was steaming hot and he enjoyed it. I did comment about it at the end of the meal, but the server said nothing, not even that he was sorry I hadn't enjoyed it. This restaurant is too expensive to serve mediocre food. We are retired and eat out very frequently, and although the staff is friendly and welcoming, we will not be back here. Next time we'll go the The Palm across the street!Special Features: