I Love Sushi on Lake Bellevue
23 Lake Bellevue Drive
Bellevue, WA 98005Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
I Love Sushi on Lake Bellevue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilovesushi.com/
- Phone: 4254559090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday: noon - 2:30pm, Sunday noon - 2:30 pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Masa Nakashima
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Our Sushi chef can cater your home party. There is a $500 minimum food order.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate up to 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: Masa 4254559090
A word from I Love Sushi on Lake Bellevue
I LOVE SUSHI on Lake Bellevue has been serving fresh and delicious Japanese cuisine since 1986. To introduce the essence of Japanese cuisine, we at Lake Bellevue take great care in selecting the finest seasonal ingredients. We are proud to create dishes in traditional as well as contemporary styles that you will not experience anywhere else.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
I Love Sushi on Lake Bellevue reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (8)special occasion (7)scenic view (6)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A new favoritemhamwritesDined on 8/13/2014We've gone to this restaurant twice this month. The menu is unique, the food exceptional, and the service superb.Special Features:
- And there there was only one...ChrisZVIPDined on 7/10/2014Although a mere shadow of its old self, the remaining ILS spot still tries for great sushi: many fresh daily specials supplement the old menu and servers that try to make you feel special. People in the eastside seem to have deserted the place but seating outside could still be special (unless some flies try to join you as well). It will not blow your mind but it will not disappoint you either.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentEastsideFoodiesDined on 7/3/2014I Love Sushi has amazing, fresh sushi items creatively and expertly prepared. They provided my colleague and I exactly the seating we requested (view of the water), and the service was impeccable. I will always be a regular patron here! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/2/2014Could not believe that rice vinegar used in the sushi rice rice contained wheat gluten - couldn't have any nigiri and the sashimi omakase was very disappointing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic restaurantMaxHDined on 6/19/2014Authentic & delicious Japanesse food. Wide selection of sake. Nice lake view. Great service. My favorite sushi in the East Side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super fresh...super style!DrSushiVIPDined on 5/31/2014This is my second visit in the last couple of months and we explored the menu more deeply. Everything was incredibly fresh and presentation was literally artistic. I rarely like complicated "rolls", but the super dragon roll was fantastic. The chop scallop salad superb, as was the Kyoto sashimi plate. Deep fried tofu was light and delicious, The desserts were to die for! Chamomille pudding, floating island....just yummy and artistically presented. My kudos to the chef(s) and staff. I can't wait to return. Even my wife, who is not a sushi fan, found plenty to make her very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousYummyDined on 5/23/2014Great sushi; so many different rolls to choose from and definitely big enough to share! The staff is so friendly that everyone will say hi to you and make sure you are having a great timeSpecial Features:
- I love I LOVE SUSHIDrSushiVIPDined on 5/10/2014Well, I was very surprised! I was a little nervous when our table was ready 10 minutes later than our reserved time, but that was quickly forgotten as we sampled a variety of rolls (Dragon, Spider), indulged in the large Sashima platter, ordered sides of octopus, flying fish roe, scallops, and other dishes. Dishes were beautifully presented, staff was extremely courteous, nothing was overdone, yet flavors fresh, clean and savory. I had thought we had lost good sushi here on the East Side of the Seattle/Bellevue area, but now know where to go! Oh, and the large Saki....is quite large, unlike some places I have eaten (no doubt enhancing my experience!). I highly recommend I Love Sushi to sushi lovers!Special Features:
- The following 110 reviews are from the I Love Sushi on Lake Bellevue reviews archive.
- Lunch or Dinner TREATDINNERat9Dined on 4/20/2014The seafood offerings are always fresh, flavorful and worth every penny spent. We count on the quality and freshness, never having been disappointed. The sides are very small for the price, though tasty. The move and remodel are beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love I Love SushiLizzieDined on 3/25/2014The restaurant's name is really spot on. Fantastic location on the water, friendly service, and amazing food. The tempura ice cream is to die for! I highly recommend this restaurant to any sushi lovers who are looking for a pricey but delicious meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2014Great dining experience from start to finish. Fresh Sushi, good ambiance. Only negative is they didn't have all the desserts available on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014My friend recommend this place to us and it happens to be right near where we live. The food was amazing! The waitress was very friendly and helpful. Great experience and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentiveSeattleguyDined on 3/2/2014The servers were very attentive and courteous. The food came out quite fast. Everyone is very welcoming. The food is nicely presented with class.Special Features:
- Good foodExoticFareDined on 2/19/2014Both sashimi and sushi were excellent! Good selection and variety. A bit on the pricy side but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Dining ExperienceSushiHomerDined on 2/15/2014One of the things that I've always enjoyed about I Love Sushi By The Lake is the friendliness of the staff. The food is easily the best sushi/sashimi that I've found on the East Side and is of consistently high quality. The chefs are old hands at Japanese cuisine and it shows in the care they take in all of their offerings. I Love Sushi By The Lake continues to be my go-to spot for great sushi and Japanese cuisine, and shows no sign of that changing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really liked the old BellevueOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/12/2014Really liked the old Bellevue I Love Sushi better. This location is more upscale including pricing.Special Features:
- Great for years, except recentlySamHDined on 2/4/2014This has been a go to spot for us for years, but something has happened in my last two visits. The service has ever so slightly become less attentive about the details and the fish is one notch less than sublime... and it really is all about the details with Sushi. This place is still very good, but I think Flo is now the undisputed choice for my sushi eating needs.Special Features:
- Clean and enjoyable SushiKwbrasiDined on 9/18/2013I love Sushi on Lake Bellevue was a clean and very relaxing place. Service was good and attentive to our needs. The sushi rolls were excellent. I would definitely recommend the Crunchy Roll as it was by far the best out of the 6 we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing dinnerPaulineDined on 9/1/2013The service was excellent. Our server stood off but knew when to approach the table to remove plates, replenish beverages, and bring the dinner check. The food was amazing. It was my first visit there and brought my friend for his birthday dinner. We had the sushi dinner for 2 and the portions were perfect. I highly recomment I Love Sushi and plan to return myself.Special Features:
- Very Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2013The service was wonderful...very polite, accommodating without hovering.Special Features:
- We had a group of four andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2013We had a group of four and after forty minutes of no service we left. The service is awful.
- Finer cuisine than expected!Brooke249Dined on 7/26/2013We frequently order to-go from I Love Sushi on Lake Union, our favorite for sushi. We dined in at Lake Bellevue and were surprised at all the options besides sushi on the menu! I had the Black Cod and was more than satisfied with the rich delicious fish that can be hard to find. The sushi was amazing as always. We'll definitely start trying more from I Love Sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful presentation!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2013I took 3 teens and one pre-teen to show them that there is a huge difference between grocery store sushi and a more formal way of the presentation of sushi. I Love Sushi did not disappoint. The staff worked with me to give the kids great teaching moments about the beauty and presentation of great food. Unfortunately the couple sitting across from us were extremely annoyed with us. I made reservations in hope of avoiding being seated around anyone that would take this the wrong way but the kids did not notice and in the end that is what was most important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O-ToroSamuraiDined on 6/29/2013Great as usual. ILS had toro and my oh my, it was fantastic. If you're looking for the ultimate marbled tuna, head to ILS. The service is always good and chilled Harushika goes so well with the sushi. Be sure to ask your sushi chef about the fresh catch of the season and they will be glad to delight you. I'm a fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rollshemoglobinVIPDined on 6/16/2013must get the rolls here- with sauces that are unique and delicious!!Special Features:
- Love the fresh food! alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/6/2013Love the fresh food! always great and healthy palce to eat atSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2013We have enjoyed this restaurant equally each of the many times we have returned. The quality of the sushi is excellent and the service impeccable. We highly recommend I Love Sushi on Lake Bellevue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, very goodoracle66Dined on 2/9/2013excellent food, very good service, favorite place to earSpecial Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2013always get an outstanding dinner here. GOod, authentic Japanese cuisine. Best when Masa Nakashima is working, but the service is always good and the fish is always fresh.
- Love the kaiseki course . Everypink3VIPDined on 1/13/2013Love the kaiseki course . Every month changing items. Good foods good service!Special Features:
- I'll be back.SamHDined on 1/8/2013A friend of mine from Japan first told me about this place. It's great. The sushi is of high quality and the service is attentive. This has become my wife's favorite sushi joint. Last time we visited, we sat at the bar and the chef made some very creative pieces.Special Features:
- A great place to go for authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012A great place to go for authentic Japanese cuisine. Very reasonable prices, healthy portions, beautiful presentations, and nice warm inviting atmosphere. I recommend this restaurant to everyone! Gombate!!!Special Features:
- Pleasant with PatienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012On a busy night, entre was slow to arrive but prepared well. Appetizers were prompt in comparison. Service was attentive and polite.Special Features:
- This is Girls lunch! We hadpink3VIPDined on 11/4/2012This is Girls lunch! We had a such a good time with good foods good service! WE are recomend this restaurant a lot!Special Features:
- Most notably, the waiter wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Most notably, the waiter was super friendly/accommodating. We did the sushi dinner for 2 and were pretty surprised at the amount that we got. Overall, it was a very memorable experience and we plan on returning in the future.Special Features:
- Restraunt had us down forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012Restraunt had us down for wrong night on reservation we made. Had to wait extra 30 minutes for table......
- Only for SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2012The $36 Miso Black Cod was 2 pieces 1/4" think by about 3.5" wide, it was dry and nothing like the silky buttery texture of black cod. The $15 Wagyu was tough and thinly cut, more like pieces of jerky. The Shashimi salad was good but the dressing was lacking. The Tempura meal was greasy & the coating wasn't the lightest I've had at a good Japanese restaurant. The Sukiyaki was okay & too sweet by the end & was lacking in noodles, mostly just meat & the celery like (dakon?) vegetable. Not impressive as a good Japanese restaurant. I guess best to stick to the namesake food of just sushi...Special Features:
- One of the best sushi restaurantsPartyOfACEMDined on 9/8/2012One of the best sushi restaurants in the area. Creative menu selections.Special Features:
- Really weak Japanese food.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/8/2012Really weak Japanese food. The curry octopus was quite bad. Maybe it was the combination. The shrimp gyoza was spectacular. The beef tongue could have been anything since it was flooded with sesame oil. The duck was ok. We tried some unagi; it was fair but not for the price, seaweed salad was good, so was the sake suggestion. At the end we thought maybe we should have tried something simple like a tuna roll. So we got one. It was not good. So we were quite disappointed and will not return.
- I luv, "I Love Sushi"!!! TheRoninFtLauderdaleVIPDined on 8/29/2012I luv, "I Love Sushi"!!! The sushi is excellent and the service is great. They have an extensive sake list. Can't waiit to go back.Special Features: