Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
4308 Main Street
Whistler, BC V0N 1B4Neighborhood:
Whistler Village North
SteakPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6049055555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hy's warm resort-style and central location is second to none for private dining. Our stunning restaurant can play host for any occasion, from the most formal reception to the most casual get together.
We can comfortably accommodate up to 18 in a semi-private dining room, but arrangements can be also be made for parties from 60-120 in semi-private areas of the restaurant, or in some cases, full restaurant buy-outs. Whether you are planning a sit-down meal, or a stand-up cocktail style reception, we are happy to discuss your options, and the many ways Hy's professional team can make your party an occasion to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Geoff Weddell 6049055555
A word from Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
Hy's has been Canada's premier steakhouse for over 50 years. This stunning location in the beautiful resort town of Whistler features Canadian Prime beef, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service in a warm contemporary atmosphere. As Whistler's only true steakhouse, we will ensure every guest a memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler - Best Restaurants in Whistler Village North ›
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)notable wine list (19)romantic (18)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great food service so-soFoodnerdDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I have heard great things about Hy's so we decided to have a nice dinner there. We made a note when booking on open table that it was for our mini moon. The food was spectacular, however the service was mediocre. We felt the server was in a rush for the most part. He was running around a lot and cooking other orders at other tables. He forgot to order one of our appetizers but we let it go as we understood it was busy and by that time our steaks had arrived. He was so busy we felt he wasn't as attentive as he should have as the table next to us was checked on quite frequently by their server. We did get a surprise from the restaurant though as we got a complimentary dessert to celebrate our marriage. Thanks Hy's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian at Steak HouseSammyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Being a vegetarian you don't have to worry if someone invites you to this steak house. The vegetables are really great. Brussell sprouts come with bacon so make sure you mention that you are vegetarian AND, the onion rings are fried with the calamari, so you may not want to eat those. Otherwise, definitely enough food and the key lime pie for dessert is wonderful.Special Features:
- Consummate Steakhouse!Vibration333Dined on 9/11/2014If you're in Whistler there are few steakhouses. Thankfully, this is a good one. Ambiance is the perfunctory leather booths, dark wood, low lighting...they have it all. They offer all the steakhouse favorites: filets, creamed spinach, baked potatoes, and the best cheese bread! There are many table side creations (steak Diane, Caesar salad, etc.) Service is perfect. The prices are high, but not egregious. Our only disappointment were the Oysters Rockefeller; very bland. If you love elegant steakhouses, you will love Hy's.Special Features:
- bobbybeigeDined on 9/5/2014Not worth the money. Was a nice meal, server was super friendly, but frankly for a whole lot less you could get the same quality elsewhere.
- food qualityfoodwizDined on 8/31/2014everything you expect from a high end steakhouse except the quality of the food...average! Great place and especially staff but if you know steaks, its really nothing special. That being said, again the staff was excellent (Mark and the manager) and you do feel you're in a special place...and that costs. Note: I did what your not supposed to do and brought my 5 and 1 year old and they took excellent care of us ( I did request to sit away from the main dining though ) Thks!Special Features:
- Should have gone to the kegMmmmfooodDined on 8/29/2014My $50 steak wasn't cooked the way I ordered it (came medium rare when I asked for it to be medium well) so I sent it back. They re-cooked the original steak. For $50, I expect a bit more. I sent it back and was served a properly cooked, crappier cut of meat. Service was meh, at best. The keg is 10x better.
- steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014My meal was wonderful but the server pitched my steak that I was going to take home.
- Fine Dining in WhistlerLoriDined on 8/23/2014I have not been to Hy's for years, but I will come back soon. Chris was amazing, and the food even better! Our friends from Germany and Holland loved it! The crab cake was divine. The table- side prepared Caesar salad and chateaubriand were a pleasure to watch.Special Features:
- Average food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014Our server was friendly and knowledge and did her best. However, the food took 45 minutes to arrive at our table and when it did, other than the steaks, everything else was average. It's not worth the cost. Go to the Keg instead.
- Great last nightin WhistlerNMcKDined on 8/21/2014We always have a "nice" dinner on our last night of vacation. Hy's did not let us down! Our servers Chris and Jake were outstanding! Our food was perfect. It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great meal- slow kitchen that nightDesterDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed our meal but kitchen service was slow. 2 large groups came in just prior to our party of 5 and therefore our meals took a really long time. Having said that- our waiter was terrific and very apologetic as was the manager. They served me a complimentary glass of wine and took at least 20% off our meal bill.We really appreciated that they resolved the problem so kindly. Food was really FANTASTIC! Will return next time we are in Whistler!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experienceexvancouveriteDined on 8/10/2014We were greeted with our friendly waiter to our table. Quiet darker restaurant but very comfortable. The food was very well prepared and the suggestions by the waiter was right-on. We made our waiter work by preparing the showy dishes on the side of the table. The people were very friendly and always at hand. We hope to come back soon for your lovely steaks and deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, as always....jbondy8VIPDined on 8/8/2014We are regulars here and have never been let down. The service, food and staff are always superb. Best steak in Whistler, best Caesar salad in BC....???Special Features:
- Great Dinner!GVB3Dined on 8/7/2014Had a great meal with my wife and son. Service was excellent and prompt. Wine list very good with a good variety of specialty BC wines and the food was exactly what we came here to sample - great steaks! We had an all round great evening at Hy'sSpecial Features:
- First TimeIslandreviewDined on 8/3/2014Out side dinning on a beautiful summer night, the only thing better was the succulent filet and lobster done to a turn, the crisp sides of asparagus and broccoli, perfect..Our server was friendly,helpful and made us feel very comfortable. An dinning experience worth many return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014Everything was great from start to finish. As always Hy's beef is superior to just about all other steakhouses. Our waiter was wonderful and even managed to get the bartender, Patrice, to give me his recipe for my cocktail. Having been married to the Comptroller of Hy's of Canada years ago, I have eaten at just about all Hy's over the past 40 or so years, and they are always consistent. As I now reside in California it was great to dine at Hy's again. I will be dining at Hy's Encore in Vancouver this up coming weekend. Yes, it is that good that one can certainly dine at Hy's twice in one week.Special Features:
- Classic steakhouseilovelaVIPDined on 7/12/2014During our recent visit to Whistler my wife and I spent our last evening of vacation at Hy's. We wanted a classic steakhouse experience, a good steak and a good bottle of red. Hy's delivered on all fronts. The restaurant is located in the heart of the Village within easy walking distance of most hotels / condos. The atmosphere is of a classic steakhouse - low lights, wood, leather. The staff is attentive but not intrusive. The selection of food is exactly what we wanted. I spent time selecting a good bottle of red from an iPad menu and had several good recommendations. We ended up with Papillion by Orin Swift which was a great accompaniment to our meal. We both commented that it was one of our better experiences while visiting BC.Special Features:
- Always greatStinger55Dined on 7/9/2014Took my 10 year old when we were in Whistler for a hockey tournament. As always, service and food was excellent. He enjoyed the great steak, salad, and beefsteak tomatoes.Special Features:
- Great steaksEatsVIPDined on 6/27/2014A nice, quiet restaurant that has delicious steaksSpecial Features:
- GordonNGuest1Dined on 6/23/2014This restaurant always gives excellent service and the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Expensive but good!xdennismaDined on 6/8/2014Very delicious, food was perfect! The specials were terrific and we were very pleased overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Everything was great, service was amazing, food was perfect and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectular DiningBubbles1965Dined on 5/27/2014We visited Hys for our 9th anniversary and it was one of the best dining experiences I have had in a long time the manager was friendly and our waiter Brian was so warm and welcoming made your dining experience a enjoyable evening . The wine list was wonderful and the menu this evening had a 4 course dinner which he explained and it was amazing . I had the halibut and it just melted in my mouth my spouse had steak and lobster and he really enjoyed it very much . What I liked was we had a later reservation and called to see about an earlier one they were very accommodating . Great place for a romantic dinner and yes maybe a bit higher priced menu but who cares when its a great dining experience. Will be back ..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Had the dinner special; as the chef's special, it could have been better. food was salty- steak was good. Oyster Rockefeller was amazing but that wasnt part of the specialSpecial Features:
- I felt underwhelmedtuscantealDined on 5/23/2014Hy's is my favourite steakhouse and we wanted to go here for our anniversary. We were going to go to the Vancouver one, but it was booked,so we decided to make it a fun adventure and drive up to the Whistler location that started it all. We both felt our first experience at Hy's (Whistler) was the best. I put in the notes for the reservation that it was our anniversary but it wasn't mentioned at dinner. I had to bring it up. It would have been a nice touch to do something a little out of the norm. I felt penalized for ordering the set menu too. We were also charged refills on pop, when they knew we were driving home after... that was kind of unnecessary. I didn't feel wow'd like I normally do leaving Hy's. A shame really.Special Features:
- The following 357 reviews are from the Hy's Steakhouse Whistler reviews archive.
- Steak DianeDinnerdebDined on 5/17/2014Only wish the Steak Diane was flambed at the table. That would have been wonderful. Table side service is coming back and I would be willing a pay a little extra for the service. On the other hand what a Maitre d' doing these days? Just a restaurant manager!?Special Features:
- Lots of choices and a great mealSkiiipiDined on 5/10/2014There is nothing better than a big piece of steak after a relaxing day at the spa in Whistler, and that was exactly what was provided to us at Hy's. The steaks were well cooked, and the cuts were generous and well portioned. The French onion soup was amazing as was the complimentary garlic bread at the start of the meal. I felt that the calamari was a bit oily, and did not live up to the expectations. Overall it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Whistler Get-AwayWIREMANDined on 5/8/2014My wife and myself went to Whistler for a couple of nights just for a quick relaxing time. This restaurant was on the list of places on the Indulge Whistler restaurants. WE booked and had their 3 course dinner special. The food was amazing and the service was excellent. Would return here again don't forget to try their AMAZING CHEESE BREAD it's to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the village!LuvfinediningDined on 5/3/2014This was a great experience! The food quality was top notch! I will definitely dine here on my next visit. The "cheese bread" appetizer is a must! Excellent food selection, and our waiter was superb! He was very attentive to us.Special Features:
- Great steak!AlyRVIPDined on 4/26/2014Steak quality is same as in Vancouver.....top notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS good!KaedeDined on 4/19/2014We eat here AT LEAST once every couple months. The best place in Whistler!!! Great food, excellent service!! Our favorite restaurant for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in Whistler!FranciscoDined on 4/18/2014Everything was great. The steak cooked to perfection, the king crabs where incredible too.Special Features:
- OK food for the price they charfeYuuuDined on 4/16/2014Advice the costumers that your cheese bread is extra. Don't surprise them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014We went to Hy's Steakhouse at Whistler to thank our hosts for a lovely weekend. The prices were very high but we thought the quality of the food would justify the cost. Not at all. I could have made a better, more flavourful steak at home. I ordered a New York strip and it was overcooked and tasteless. The side dish of broccoli was also tasteless. The service was very good and the atmosphere nice for intimate conversation, but I would not go back. Far too expensive for middle of the road fare.Special Features:
- warm welcome and excellent meatnisiDined on 3/24/2014the expericence started with a warm welcome, continued with a great service and ended with a great meal! first time at Hy's, sure not the last time... for our budget always a special event! thanks for the great evening and the awesome meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get over yourselfmindermastDined on 3/22/2014Our waiter was completely insulting. It's a very nice restaurant, but you're a WAITER. You don't get to lord yourself over the patrons just because they ask about a three-course feature menu that's posted on your website. It reminded me of that Mitchell and Webb sketch, 'the incredibly posh people who are still unaccountably waiters'. Except he wasn't posh, he was just rude. Soured us on the whole experience, which is unfortunate because the food was very good.
- Dinner at HysHeatherDined on 3/18/2014Friendly, welcoming staff It was fairly quiet so we were given our choice of tables I have to be very careful with the wine I drink ( migraines) and serving staff were very helpful with suggestions and tasters Food was delicious as always!Special Features:
- It's a classic yummy steakhouseReedstryDined on 3/15/2014It's a classic yummy steakhouse with... steaks. Also a wide assortment of decently cooked vegetables to go with it and an appropriate wine list. Surprisingly, vegetarians and dieters can also find an appropriate meal. We had the Oysters Rockefeller and they were cooked just right with mild, small oysters and an tasty spinach sauce. The service was very attentive, knowledgeable, and formally attired in those white coats only steak houses use. Lots of dark wood paneling and low lighting like you usually we see at this genre. We were at Whistler wanting a classic steak house and this fit the bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, crap staffmkcolDined on 3/14/2014Food was really great, with massive ample portions. If you like brusque service, trying to push you along when you're not finished one course while preparing the next one's arrival then you'll love this place. Even more when the Maitre d' comes along at the end of the meal & swipes away all the wine glasses as he "doesn't like empty wine glasses on tables" despite there being wine still in one - then you'll think this place awesome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/14/2014Everything would be perfect if the hosts at the door would not be judgemental with guests and take the jackets only for the selected ones; but all the rest was great.Special Features: