Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
4308 Main Street
Whistler, BC V0N 1B4Neighborhood:
Whistler Village North
SteakPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (604) 905-5555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hy's warm resort-style and central location is second to none for private dining. Our stunning restaurant can play host for any occasion, from the most formal reception to the most casual get together.
We can comfortably accommodate up to 18 in a semi-private dining room, but arrangements can be also be made for parties from 60-120 in semi-private areas of the restaurant, or in some cases, full restaurant buy-outs. Whether you are planning a sit-down meal, or a stand-up cocktail style reception, we are happy to discuss your options, and the many ways Hy's professional team can make your party an occasion to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Geoff Weddell 6049055555
A word from Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
Hy's has been Canada's premier steakhouse for over 50 years. This stunning location in the beautiful resort town of Whistler features Canadian Prime beef, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service in a warm contemporary atmosphere. As Whistler's only true steakhouse, we will ensure every guest a memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler - Best Restaurants in Whistler Village North ›
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)notable wine list (20)romantic (19)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- ohhhh boy!!Robuc1Dined on 10/19/2013Hy's is still one of the best places on earth for a great steak. Although I've cut back a lot on red meat, i've been eating at Hy's since a teenager. 40 years later it's still fantastic. Great Caesar salad still made at the table, Pittsburgh rare bone-in ribeye....HEAVEN!!! A couple of reasonably priced reds hidden within the extensive (and expensive) wine list. LOVE IT!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentKevinDined on 10/12/2013A friend recommended and we were very happy of how right he was. Prime rib was top drawer, and the server was awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hydinerwhistlerDined on 10/4/2013the food was good. I must say the ad for tender steaks and stiff drinks was not accurate. although the steak was tender and tasty the drinks were not stiff but the meal was very good.!Special Features:
- Fabulous!TaraDined on 9/21/2013We went for our 1st wedding anniversary and it was amazing! Great food, perfectly timed as well as they brought us desert with a candle that said "happy anniversary". The little details made it PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2013I have enjoyed Hy's in Vancouver before and thought it was one of the best restaurants I've been to. The Hy's in Whistler had similar food, and the service was good, but the restaurant was incredibly cramped and loud. You had to shout to communicate with whomever you're dining with. It was not an overly pleasant experience and by the time dinner was over we were exhausted from the noise. I'd love to see Hy's take out a few tables or move to a better location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Anniversary to RememberAlyGDined on 9/7/2013We had been to Hy's before and upon booking a hotel in Whistler for our very first wedding anniversary we decided we would spend our special evening enjoying a meal at Hy's! The service was so excellent, every sip of wine I took was replenished, along with the water. The timing was impecable, our meal was so seamless. It was relatively loud which was slightly offputting but everything else just drowned out that fact. Delicious food, great wine and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic AmbienceSierraDined on 8/24/2013My husband and I went to Hy's for our wedding anniversary. It was a wonderful romantic evening with excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My boyfriend and I try toCPandDDDined on 8/22/2013My boyfriend and I try to visit Whistler at least twice a year and we always make sure that a visit to Hy's occurs. Every time we have had dinner there, we receive outstanding service. Our wine glasses are always being topped off and our server is always there to check up on us. This most recent visit was no different. The server was exceptional, not only was he knowledgeable about the menu, but he was genuine and very friendly. He even picked up on the reason we were there, to celebrate our anniversary, and brought out our dessert with a candle and "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate. And to further add, he even made the dessert complimentary! It just reinforces why a visit to Hy's is always a priority on our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic all aroundCeggsyDined on 8/21/2013Myself and my partner dined at Hy's during our stay in Whistler. It was my treat as it was his 30th birthday. On entering Hy's to leaving the service was excellent. The food was incredible and the atmosphere was very relaxing. I had previously booked a table before leaving the UK and had informed them that it was my partners 30th. I did not hear anything back so didn't expect anything, however at the end if our meal the waiter brought out a slice of chocolate cake with a candle and Happy 30th Birthday wrote in chocolate on the plate which made not just my partners but my night. Our waiter was fantastic and very knowledgable and a credit to Hy's and Hy's is a credit to Whistler. I would recomend to anyone visiting Whistler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to missDiamondsVIPDined on 8/15/2013THE HOT CHEESE BREAD AND CEASAR SALAD MADE AT THE TABLE THE OLD FASHION WAY FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed when we orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2013Disappointed when we ordered the spinach salad to start expecting it to be cooked at our table like the menu said and as it's done in Vancouver but just a cold average salad is delivered. Steaks were great however service felt rushed as meal arrived very quickly after ordered. Server also did not seem very engaged or make us feel 'excited' to be there. I originally wanted the Steak Neptune but was told by the server it wasn't very good (however i remember ordering it before and enjoying) so switched my order last minute. Would perhaps try the Vancouver location but feel other more friendly places exist in Whistler to dine. (Araxi and Rim Rock are much preferred for a special occasion dinner)Special Features:
- Great steak, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013We went to Hy's on the recommendation of a Vancouver bartender who had spent time in Whistler. He told us it was spendy, but worth it for the experience. He was absolutely right. We had 24 hours in Whistler and we're glad we picked Hy's for our only dinner. It was a bit hidden, but once we found it, the manager welcomed us warmly and our waiter took excellent care of us. Their extensive wine list is presented on an iPad, making it easy to access descriptions of wine, their labels and more. Overall we had a great experience and will definitely recommend it to anyone we know heading to Whistler. Since we live in Dallas, Tx they may be few and far between, but still...Special Features:
- My fiance had a wonderfulmeditaraneanDined on 7/31/2013My fiance had a wonderful meal with his father on their special day together before our wedding day. Thank you to the general manager Jeff for making it special.Special Features:
- Special OccasionMrJonesDined on 7/29/2013This was the second time my wife and I have visited this restaurant. The previous time was with a group and the restaurant was able to accommodate all eight of us without a problem. On this occasion, it was just me and my wife. The atmosphere feels like the meal is a special event. The food is very good and the daily specials always add something interesting to choose from. The wine list has a wide range and the iPad wine list is a nice technical touch that allows for further details for each wine. The service is spectacular, whether sitting at the bar with a drink or eating a full meal, the service really is top-notch. This will be one that my wife and I repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was Awesome....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2013My sister and I celebrated her 30th birthday there. Our server was amazing. They undercooked my steak and overcooked hers. The server treated us to a free dessert because of it. Was it memorable? Not really. But it was a good overall experience.Special Features:
- A must for Steak lovers. Fantastic.svaj7747Dined on 7/24/2013Every aspect of the experience was just outstanding. Amazing escargot. Caesar salad made right at your table. Great wine selection. Phenomenal piece of meat. Both our steaks were cooked perfectly. Desert was perfect. If you like steak, you must eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AnniversaryPaulDined on 7/23/2013The atmosphere was really nice. Lots of table types to choose from if you arrive early. Service and staff were very good and we were well attended to. The Cajun Rib Steak is awesome. The 16oz was more than ample. Highly recommended for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousruggsDined on 7/21/2013both my wife and i had the steak and lobster, added the mushrooms and all 3 were absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhistlerjuiceDined on 7/20/2013On arrival the interior appeared very dark but as you became accustomed to the light the ambience was amazing. Very romantic. The service was excellent helped by our very knowledgable server. The food didn't disappoint for flavour, but the scalloped potatoes could have been a little warmer. I suspect that it awaited my wife's dish to be ready before serving. The lamb was very very good, as was the halibut. Our wine choice aided by our server was a good selection too. Will be visiting Hy's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best restaurantsJen21Dined on 7/19/2013One of the best restaurants that we have ever eaten at! We kept talking about it the whole trip. Jeff was superb as well! Great experience and would definitely eat there again!! Top Notch food and service!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but over-pricedAnonymousDined on 7/18/2013Truly excellent steak and prime rib. Really liked the wine list on the iPad, although overwhelming and difficult to choose. $142 for one bottle of red wine that was good, not great. Just under $500 total (including a 17% tip) for a dinner serving 4 people -- no dessert and 1 couple shared their starter. We ordered 3 sides of vegetables (amazingly not included despite the steep cost of the main courses) -- only 2 arrived and we were charged for 3. Restaurant dimly lit and quite loud, so had to repeat ourselves often to our dinner partners. Ate a t a pub with live music the next night and it was way easier to have a conversation. Probably wouldn't return simply because of the poor value given so few courses. Quite comparable to The Keg.Special Features:
- Great service as usual, steaksgolfnutDined on 7/13/2013Great service as usual, steaks cooked to perfection and the callamari dish was the best Ive tasted in a long time. 5 star all the way! Great relaxing atmosphere - not like the noisy keg across the village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ours was a wonderful eveningPrivateerDined on 7/4/2013Ours was a wonderful evening dinner experience. Admittedly, it was on the later side and during the week so it wasn’t very busy. But, from start to finish everything was superb. The food was timely, well prepared and well presented. The serving staff was delightful and eager to please, I will most certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rip offOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/1/2013We left this restaurant feeling completely ripped off. They charge exorbitant prices for mediocre food. There are many choices for dining in Whistler. Don't make the same mistake we did. Go elsewhere.
- Not its best effortBruceDined on 6/13/2013I have been eating at Hy's for many years but I must say our dinner on Thursday was, by Hy's standards, average. We both asked for an 8oz beef tenderloin cooked medium rare. It came looking a bit smaller than what I expected and it was cooked "medium to medium well" If we were not so hungry I would have sent it back. Service was very good.
- The attention to deail atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2013The attention to deail at Hy's is superb, with gluten free dining a must for one of our party, the server went out of his way to ensure every aspect of gluten free was handled with the chef. The food was great as was the overall serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2013We went to Hy's as part of a mini-break to Whistler. We enjoy eating out and regularly visit the best of what Vancouver has to offer. Sadly, our meal at Hy's was not at the level we expected based on previous reviews and the price point of the menu. While we weren't expecting anything avant garde, we were expecting excellent preparation and flavour - sadly the cut of my husband's steak was chewy (though cooked as requested), my fish was overdone as were the scallops, the asparagus was underdone and the mashed potatoes were bland. The buerre blanc sauce served with my fish was overly seasoned with too much salt. Our starters were better but blah - the caesar salad was, frankly, boring.and the calarmari overly breaded. We won't return.Special Features:
- Great steak at a premium priceUnlistedVIPDined on 5/19/2013Hy's pretty much delivers on what you'd expect from their brand. The prices were high and the steaks were fresh, cooked properly, and seasoned delicately so you could experience the full texture and flavour of the meat. Well, unless you order the Hy's New York strip steak apparently since it gets drowned in steak sauce. For the price the side starches should have been more inventive (a choice of white rice, fries, or potatoes is pretty boring... it would have been nice to see something healthier and more adventurous on the standard menu like quinoa or wild rice).Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 5/19/2013We were very excited to be going to Hy's Steakhouse for the first time and it will be our last. The food was not good at all, We arrived at 5:30 ... only two other tables were occupied, service was extremely slow.. we left at 7:30Special Features:
- Always top quality!!! FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013Always top quality!!! Food is always perfect. Great place to dine without being rushed.Special Features:
- Great Fun Night!!TomFDined on 4/6/2013Had a wonderful time with 4 other friends, our waitress Victoria was outstanding. food was great!!Special Features:
- Good food, with several choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2013Good food, with several choices that really stuck me as something I wanted, like the Alaskan Crab or the New York Strip. Great wine list at reasonable prices Service was great attentive but relaxed and helpful. The ambiance is excellent, nice feel with a sort of elegance to the place.Special Features:
- Services and wine continueKirksterDined on 3/28/2013Services and wine continue to be tops. Somehow it seemed that the quality of the steak was not it's usual very special.Special Features:
- Very impressive wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2013Very impressive wine list provided on a tablet to allow you to review the wines being offered. The meal was absolutely delicious - a little on the pricey side but it was a special occasion and worth it. Good thing we had healthy appetites and finished almost everything on our plates! Most impressed by the Yorkshire Pudding! Service was phenominal.Special Features:
- the steaks were excellent,howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013the steaks were excellent,however it is pricy and noisySpecial Features:
- We had a great dinner at Hy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 2/18/2013We had a great dinner at Hy's one night of our week-long Whistler ski trip. Our waiter Marvin was excellent in every way, striking just the right balance between professionalism and friendliness. I had a great Filet Mignon, my wife enjoyed her rack of lamb, and they let our grade school aged kids (two steak lovers) split a 12 oz Filet, which disappeared in record time. We also had a wonderful Tuscan red, which was priced at only about a 50% markup (a steal for a high end wine at a steakhouse), and great desserts capped off a fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Couldn't say enough aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Couldn't say enough about our experience. Server suggested a great wine. The food was great! Great night!Special Features:
- Rushed service when busyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2013Mixed feelings about this visit to Hy's. We dined with 2 young children this time. We ate at 6pm yet still were rushed to finish & as our server said, "clear out in order to turn over the table since its so busy." Fair enough but it's Whistler with families on Family Day weekend. I didn't like being rushed. They were very accommodating to prepare a special meal for my son with multiple allergies. I accordingly paid an adult price for that specific meal. I wasn't expecting a children's meal price. And I didn't make crazy requests, just posed questions about ingredients and preparation methods like any person who is concerned about food allergies causing anaphylactic reactions. As a high end restaurant, I expected them to understand.
- Steak! In a classy joint!CliffGDined on 2/7/2013You can't fault Hy's - great food, great service, classy sports bar decor Compared to other Steak restaurants in the area the food is definitely better, and quite a bit pricier, and yet was left with the feeling of "it's good but is it that good?" Others I know love it - I find it just north of okay.Special Features:
- Fantastic! This has to beOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/7/2013Fantastic! This has to be Whistler's best restaurant, but most people haven't realised yet!Special Features: