2538 Hyperion Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hyperionpublic.com/
- Phone: 3237616440x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Saturday & Sunday - 9:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday 3:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paddy Aubrey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Available for private parties. Email us for details!
- Private Party Contact: Asha 3237616441x
- Entertainment: Build Your Own Burger and Trivia Monday nights, Karaoke Thursday nights in the upstairs bar. Bottomless Mimosas for Brunch on Saturday and Sunday.
- Special Events: Available for special events of all types and sizes. Email us for details!
A word from Hyperion Public
Hyperion Public is a local neighborhood restaurant and bar where everyone is welcome hence the word "Public" in our name. We serve lunch and dinner 7 days a week, including weekend brunch starting at 9am on Sat & Sun. Our menu is "Unique American" consisting of American cuisine with contemporary twists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Hyperion Public - Best Restaurants in Silver Lake ›
Hyperion Public reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (8)fit for foodies (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good beer and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/5/2014Tasty food with a nice beer list both in bottles and on tap. Atmosphere is pub like with music and fairly loud patron noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun vibeItaliandelightVIPDined on 9/29/2014Food was ok, drinks were good. Great service. I would go back.Special Features:
- We always like it heredebariwinnieVIPDined on 9/20/2014We keep coming back as it is close to home and a great neighborhood restaurant. The menu is small but consistently good. Not for special occasion but good and convenient.Special Features:
- yomamaDined on 9/7/2014had a family brunch of 8 on sunday. food was great, plenty of variety of mimosas. the only thing missing was BOTTOMLESS BLOODY MARYS.Special Features:
- Nice Space - horrible ServiceRiveraVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great space with hip bar and really good food but the service was horrible - felt like we were bothering the server - she seemed annoyed when we asked for water and another drinkSpecial Features:
- Still hungry...CapNJackDined on 8/6/2014You'd think 4 fish tacos, turkey meatloaf and pesto "pasta" would fill up two people. It didn't. The portions here are on the small side. Give people some bread if you're going to cheap out on the portion sizes... Other than that the place looks like a good place to drink.
- Not for romanticsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Avoid tables by the kitchen wall, you hear every loud pot and pan bang, which seems to be constant.
- Rather good food but unremarkablemangotangoDined on 7/21/2014The food seemed like it was good quality, and different dishes had varied tastes, but not enough of what we ordered seemed to stand out. Special: Their watermelon feta salad (dineLA) week was lovely with a tang at the beginning and a sweet taste at the end. It was different and good. Odd: The plantains dish (regular menu) included great pork. This would have been special except that the smokey bean paste didn't really go with the pork. Good but unremarkable: the BBQ pork ribs (dineLA) were what you'd expect. Salted caramel pie was yummy but you can satisfy your sugar craving in a really similar way by making a 7-layer bar with lots of condensed milk. Service was great on a Monday night.Special Features:
- An unexpected delightLynnVIPDined on 7/19/2014We liked the look of their dineLA menu, so we tried them. The food is imaginative and tasty. For appetizers, we had the watermelon and feta cheese salad, and the avocado fries. The fries were so incredibly yummy and seemed so light, I ate half a bowlful before I realized how much I'd consumed! The salad was also wonderful, according to the friend who accompanied me. She had the bbq ribs, which came with 3 half ears of corn - sliced lengthwise - drizzled with a cheese sauce. The ribs were big, meaty, and delicious, and she loved the corn, although she had trouble figuring out how to eat it. I had halibut on a bed of short pieces of asparagus and quartered pattypan squash, in a scrumptious sauce. We highly recommend this place for foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!wineisfineVIPDined on 7/14/2014Excellent food and drink as well as a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- The following 60 reviews are from the Hyperion Public reviews archive.
- Destination spotjoeinnohoDined on 6/15/2014A must if you are in the Silverlake - Los Feliz area!! Great ambience and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Service was "Whatever"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014I made a reservation for a birthday dinner and marked it as such in the notes so our server would know ahead of time. I was disappointed with the food and service, as well as the fact that our server made no reference to the birthday, didn't bring out a tiny dessert with a candle and didn't comp the dessert we did end up getting on our own. Perhaps Hyperion Public just doesn't do anything for birthdays, and that's fine. But it would have been nice to have the server recognize the birthday at least since we specifically came to the restaurant to celebrate it. I really wanted to love this place because it's in the neighborhood, but I've had two poor experience there now, so I will definitely not return.
- Celebrity Sighting!BrunchBunchDined on 5/9/2014I really enjoyed the food as well as atmosphere at this restaurant. The bar area is very cool but the main dining area is as well! We even saw Katherine Heigl dining there with her family. Not too shabby!Special Features:
- Great FOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2014We ordered just about everything on the menu. Everything was so good!Special Features:
- Happy hour!!jillEVIPDined on 4/23/2014Great food, great device and tasty beer! Our server was knowledgeable and so kind. The chicken wings were tasty as was the pretzel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice.VixenVickyDined on 4/21/2014Had a good time. Went for happy hour. Small happy hour menu selections. But the food was good. Wasn't packed at all, yet service was SLOW.Special Features:
- excellence.evillincolnDined on 4/20/2014My girlfriend & i have been coming here fir months now on the regular. everything is awesome here. i really mean that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/20/2014We went to this restaurant because the menu's looked interesting. The food was average although the dishes had interesting names and ingredients.
- Casual Easter BrunchLomingDined on 4/20/2014My family enjoyed a very relaxing Easter. My 8 y.o. had a great grilled cheese. (He also requested the chicken wings as an appetizer which we all shared). My 12 y.o. Had the giant chicken sandwhich. It ended up being two meals worth. Same with the hamburgers. I had the Silver Lake Salad which was perfect. Mimosa never stopped coming until we said "when.". Bloody Mary's looked good too.Special Features:
- Bar has potentialneweatsalwaysVIPDined on 4/17/2014Went there for lunch with a friend; nothing on the menu really stands out. Side salads we got had way too much salt and oil. However, it looks like they have a nice bar nook in the back and we had some good craft beers on tap, so I'd give the night scene a shot next time I'm in the neighborhood, just not going to order food again.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/7/2014Great restaurant, consistently good food, we will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotfoodieVDined on 3/14/2014Food was excellent. Service very attentive and very kind staff. Music perhaps a bit loud for us over 50 folks. ;-) But we understand that's a choice we can't change. IF the food had been lousy, the noise would matter more. But when everything else is good, it takes a back seat. ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual & hiphidalgo77Dined on 3/7/2014Relaxed and not pretentious, yet hip but not too hip. Food was good, and service was great. Had a group of 8 of us so made a reservation for dinner- and they kept our table set even though we were 40min late which was amazing. If you do have a big group its not a huge restaurant but they did accommodate us at the large, long wooden table in center of downstairs room on high chairs and it was perfect. Head upstairs after dinner to the lounge for a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceCoast2coastDined on 3/2/2014We had Sunday brunch at Hyperion Public for the first time and we plan to make the place our regular haunt! The Quinoa burger and fries were delicious and the $5.00 bottomless mimosas is a great bargain, especially since you get to switch to different champagne drinks from their list. The service was terrific. Our waitress was friendly and attentive, the ambience warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daft punk on your morning playlistchu105VIPDined on 3/1/2014They need to tweak their pandora or spotify preferences for their Sat morning shift so it's not playing Daft Punk every four songs. The food was decent; I had the crab and avocado omelette, which had almost an entire avocado between the inside and outside of the omelette. The crab meat was just ok. You can do some serious damage here with their bottomless drinks, but I did not partake this time. What brought us here was the mac n cheese (from LA eater list) and it was pretty good with a great flavor profile from the mixture of cheeses. The noodles were generic boxed fusili and there was no crunchy top.
- Great interesting food. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2014Great interesting food. Very dark. We used a flashlight to see the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pub foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2014Go for the appetizers--Mac & Cheese, wings and fries with cheese sauce were all excellent. Mains could use a little refinement, although the burger was delicious. This is high end and creative bar food at reasonable prices. There's also a separate bar area and outside patio for smoking. Main dining room got very loud.Special Features:
- So greatLotterywinnersDined on 2/18/2014I had a very great experience at Hyperion Public. Our server Pauli was so great. He wasn't robotic and catered his service unique to my friends and I. It was one of my friends birthdays and he comped two birthday shots on him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really greatSteve69Dined on 2/9/2014Went for dinner on a Sunday night. A wonderful experience began with the waiter's first approach. Service was warm, friendly, knowledgeable, and timely. The menu is varied with something for everyone. The food experience began with avocado fries. YUMMY !!! Everything after that was very good for all in the party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a repeat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/3/2014Wonderful experience. Manager was the ultimate host. Excellent cocktails. Loved the buttermilk chicken, bacon slaw, cauliflower, and everything else. Try the salted caramel 'downfall' dessert!Special Features:
- Came for the MimosasBasicallyAHefferDined on 2/1/2014I decided to try this place out because bottomless mimosas are one of my favorite things on the planet. I was not disappointed by them, however the food was mediocre. I ordered the breakfast platter and, while it was not bad, it wasn't anything I couldn't do easily at home. In fairness, I haven't tried any of their lunch foods, so perhaps those are the way to go next time (since I'd go back for drinks any day). Overall, good for bottomless mimosas and decent for breakfast food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience; mediocre foodDineLAFanDined on 1/29/2014Went on a double date here this week. We loved the casual vibe of the dining room and the little upstairs bar. The servers were awesome, too. Both the drinks and cocktail menu are great in theory, but what arrives at your table is another story. We saw our waitress making our drinks. (Not sure if this is normal practice here or if they were just understaffed that night. Sadly, our cocktails were badly mixed. As for the food -- the avocado fries are all you imagine they'd be and definitely worth a try. The popcorn cauliflower is just okay -- a little soft and soggy, given the description. Biggest disappointment was the 4 Cheese Mac & Cheese. We all agreed it looked and tasted like it came out of a stale box of KRAFT Mac & Cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but a bit noisy and dimJCandNGDined on 1/26/2014The noise and light levels made it a bit hard to communicate short of leaning in and being face to face, or shouting. The food was great but came a bit slow. The server was quite pleasant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avocado French Fries?!?!JoebDined on 1/24/2014My wife ordered a turkey burger, which was fantastic. I ordered the buttermilk fried chicken, which was okay, but not great. The thing that set the meal off was the avocado french fries. They were so tasty and delicious, not to mention totally unique. I would recommend Hyperion Public just for these fries. Also, the complimentary valet parking was a huge plus. The whiskey selection is great and the bartender did a great job at making a New York Sour (not on their menu) with us just telling her the ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the prix fix meal duringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2014We had the prix fix meal during Restaurant Week. The food was salty, the dessert was delicious, & the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar plus a hot wing HeavenlittlegVIPDined on 1/19/2014I really loved the atmosphere of this bar. The food looked great even through it was a bit pricy. I have gone all over the city searching out the best hot wings that LA has to offer and this place beat every single one. The "hot" version of the hot wings were fantastic. The rest of the food was great but the fried green tomatoes were interesting but not something I would order again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!shlmkesDined on 1/16/2014I discovered Hyperion Public a few month ago and haven't left since then... The energy at Hyperion Public is always fun and alive, drinks are great, and the food is good! Perfect for big or small group gatherings as well as romantic dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have gone to Hyperion publicKSH90Dined on 1/10/2014I have gone to Hyperion public many times and I am never let down. The food is great, the servers are nice, and they always have good Beer on draft. The last time, I went on a double date with some friends, We had a reservation for 8pm, but when we arrived pur table wasn't ready. We went to the bar to order a drink while waiting, no big deal. Then they informed us the table we reserved wouldn't be available any time soon, so they seated us in the bar area at a table for four, not ideal but it was fine. The waiters were so apologetic and comped us a round of drinks and an appetizer. Totally made up for it.Special Features:
- Great surprise!Liv2eatDined on 1/2/2014What a gem of a find. Great food and great setting. The reservation needed almost chased us away, but SOOOO glad we chanced it. Don't miss this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place of the MomentChinmexDined on 12/16/2013Salty Carmel Pie and Hot Brownie desserts yum heaven. Mac of the Moment--great adventure for Mac and Cheese lovers Relaxed fun neighborhood hang out with upstairs/downstairs ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.