Hyde Park Bar & Grill - Duval
4206 Duval St.
Austin, TX 78751Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hyde Park Bar & Grill - Duval
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hpbng.com/
- Phone: 5124583168
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Turgeon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Hyde Park is a walkable destination neighborhood, with unique shops, eateries, businesses and attractions. The giant Hyde Park fork is a photo opportunity. Next door is Antonelli's Cheese Shop, a popular stop for cheese connoisseurs. Area attractions include the Elisabet Ney Museum, Shipe Park & Pool, Hyde Park Theatre, and Blue Moon Glassworks.
- Special Events: Check our Events calendar online for Art Parties & nearby events.
- Cross Street: 42nd
- Public Transit: On Capital Metro route, #7 Duval / Dove Springs from downtown Austin.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking in front, along driveway, large lot behind the restaurant, and parking on nearby residential streets. Hyde Park is an historic neighborhood, one with many walkers and cyclists.
A word from Hyde Park Bar & Grill - Duval
Since our opening in 1982, Hyde Park Bar & Grill has been determined to bring you delicious high quality food at a moderate price. People need to believe in something, and we believe good value, friendly service and a relaxed casual atmosphere will keep bringing you back. We are dedicated to serving you quality, handcrafted food using the freshest ingredients available. Our restaurant is open at 11:00 a.m. every day for lunch and dinner serving a traditional and eclectic mix of appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, soups, salads, steaks, seafood, pasta and our award winning french fries. Our mission is to be the place you eat when you dine away from home. Thanks for choosing Hyde Park Bar & Grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hyde Park Bar & Grill - Duval reviews from OpenTable diners
- Keeps getting better!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/7/2014Hyde Park has been a favorite for several decades. Unlike many places that slack off and live on their reputation Hyde Park keeps raising their standards of service (Derik was great!) and food. You MUST have the fried chicken--even if you are on a diet. I only get to Austin a few times a year--thanks Hyde Park for never letting me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/31/2013The place was packed, which was an excellent sign and the food and service was impeccable. The waiter recommended the pork and mac and I was extremely impressed. I only wish this restaurant was in San Antonio! Staff were friendly in spite of the crowd and standing room only on New Year's Eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lackluster experienceunimpresseddinerDined on 12/31/2013I was looking around for a decent place to eat out for New Year's Eve, and settled on this place, which had great reviews and a lot of recommendations. However, while the atmosphere was very comfortable and welcoming, the food failed to impress. I may have unfairly set the bar too high based on the reviews, but the food seemed no different than the average buffet. All in all, I can't complain about the experience, but I'd much rather prefer a different restaurant in this price range.Special Features:
- Reunion/rediscoveryLauraDined on 12/12/2013We gathered for the first time in over a year. Six girls and we call ourselves the Ya-Ya's. This was not just a reunion for us but it was a rediscovery for me. This restaurant has been around a long time and I used to go on occasion. I am totally addicted to the food now and crave it weekly. The potato crusted tilapia, mac & cheese & salads are delicious, but the one standout on the menu is the barbecue broccoli...not really barbecued, more like grilled but seasoned in such a way that the flavor lingers long after you've finished your bite...in a good way. I'm thinking about it now. May head over there for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Fried!NoniGTDined on 12/12/2013I dine here whenever I'm in Austin and usually eat healthy, but tonight my friend and I went comfort. Chicken Fried Chicken for me and Chicken Fried Steak for her...with mashed potato and gravy. Ok, I had broccoli too! The whole meal was wonderful. Sometime you just have to let loose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood TraditionNoniGTDined on 11/21/2013This restaurant is celebrating 30 years and there is a reason. Excellent food, excellent service, and consistency. We lived in this neighborhood years ago but no longer live in Austin. I make every effort to visit this restaurant at least once a year when I come to Austin for an event. High class comfort food, excellent wine list, and great bar. There is something for everyone - kids and adults. I had the crab cakes and they were very different from my northeastern roots, but none the less good. My guest had the chicken with guacamole sandwich - at it all! This is an Austin GEMSpecial Features:
- We will be backpatnormDined on 11/19/2013Excellent restaurant -- Staff was great -- we have already made plans to go back to Hyde Park with a another couple --Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort food!CyclonesalDined on 11/4/2013Order the fried chicken with buttermilk mashed potatoes or the pulled pork with Mac and cheese and you will be smiling for the rest of the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2013Staff was nice, had a reservation, seated me without having to wait for my group to be there which was very nice! They were friendly, and food was rich and delish! Thanks! OliviaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time with friendsNancyDined on 10/9/2013Out of town friends here for ACL and wanted a fun Austin place to meet. Lots of different food choices were available so everyone could get something very different and be happy. The special for the The wine was good and the beer was cold. The food was served hot and was very good. The appetizer we had was a little bland even though it was recommended by the wait staff. Good place for groups of friends .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great; cute place.GenieVIPDined on 9/10/2013Service was great; cute place. Fries tasted like grease and the noise level was very high. Almost too noisy for a business meeting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2013Have not been here in awhile and it's good to come back. Excellent food and service. Good choice for almost any occasion. Will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service werekcollierDined on 4/11/2013The food and service were excellent and Hyde Park can always be counted on for its amazing french fries.Special Features:
- A great experience as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013A great experience as always. We love the food and enjoyed the excellent service.Special Features:
- If you are looking for homeToughbirdDined on 2/14/2013If you are looking for home cooking in a quiet neighborhood restaurant, then Hyde Park Grill is the spot.
- Most dependableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013Hyde Park is one of Austin's most dependable restaurants when it comes to providing quality food and service in a casual atmosphere. Hyde Park always delivers!Special Features:
- My party of two was seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013My party of two was seated immediately and we had excellent service. It was a wonderful dining experience for a moderate price.Special Features:
- Met friends for pre-game meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/9/2013Met friends for pre-game meal. Friendly staff and prompt seating upon our arrival. Service was attentive with knowledgable waitperson and prompt service which was much appreciated since this was a time-sensitive meal. Enjoyed a variety of menu items at our table including turkey muffaletta, rueben, blackened catfish, and vegetable plate. All were served in a timely manner and were proper temperature. Well-presented and delicious.Special Features:
- Very comfortable atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2013Very comfortable atmosphere. Quiet, excellent service from respectful waiters. Delicious food. I (we) have dined many times at Hyde Park Bar & Grill. I (we) shall return.Special Features:
- Server forgot to bring outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2012Server forgot to bring out drinks had to ask. Mashed potatoes tasted funny. Didn't show us the specials and didn't ask if we wanted desserts.Special Features:
- Down home cookin' suits allBookDrVIPDined on 12/31/2012Down home cookin' suits all ages. We especially liked the salads, the steak frites, and the Southern fried chicken. The desserts were also worth writing home about--buche de Noël in particular. After a slight hitch--we were seated right by the door in a very cold draft and the waiter was quite reluctant to move us--service was cheerful and pleasant.Special Features:
- Five starsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012Always superb! Great fast, friendly service and wonderful food. Though I saw that they have recently taken my favorite item off the menu (pesto chicken... Yum), all was still well. One of my top five restaurants in Austin by far.Special Features:
- Decades of Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/28/2012An Austin favorite and rightfully so, continues to deliver a fine array of local foods. They've been doing this right for decades now!Special Features:
- Our 4th visit was as satisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2012Our 4th visit was as satisfying as the previous ones. The burgers and fries are stupendous! Who would have thought a buttermilk combination would add so much to fries? The juicy, tasty burgers are always prepared as requested, and the servers are unfailingly friendly. When in Austin do not miss HPBG.Special Features:
- Excellent all around. KudosOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2012Excellent all around. Kudos for maintaining high standards all these years!Special Features:
- More frequent water refillsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012More frequent water refills would have topped off a fabulous lunch experience.Special Features:
- Was very pleased with theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2012Was very pleased with the open table option. Unfortunately, we were seated next to a large party and did not see a server for a significant amount of time during a short lunch hour. While I am glad HPG has carpeted the floors, the noise in the side room was still awfully loud. Very difficult to converse. Food was good. Once wait staff came to our table, service was good.Special Features:
- There is a new head chef,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2012There is a new head chef, and so some new menu items. There are definitely some tasty new favorites to be discovered.Special Features:
- Took our secretary to HydeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012Took our secretary to Hyde Park for her birthday lunch. The food portions were great and the food was excellent. My first time there but won't be my last!Special Features:
- Service was great as was theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/13/2012Service was great as was the food. I had a long leisurely lunch with a good friend. The waiter was attentive but let us enjoy our time together without being rushed.Special Features:
- Table of 7 - Me and Coworkers LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012I can't believe that they were able to give us such undivided attention, when it was rush lunch hour. I'm so glad I made a reservation ahead of time because there were many people waiting to eat. The fries were just as good as everyone says. All the food was good. Each person ate for an average of about $12 including tip. The parking might have been a little rough/tough to handle, but I wasn't driving. :-) This place was awesome. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The food was good and plentyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012The food was good and plenty of it. Really enjoyed the fries (their specialty) and the green chili mashers yummy! We would say it is a neighborhood gem not to be missed.Special Features:
- We often have work-relatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2012We often have work-related lunches at Hyde Park -- and we've never been the least bit disappointed. We always can rely on Hyde Park to suit everyone's tastes. Great food, great service.Special Features:
- We sat over to the right asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012We sat over to the right as you enter the restaurant, at the back wall. The room may have been an outside porch because you walk through a doorway to get there. There was a chemical smell, almost like cleaning solution every time the ac came on. The lentil soup seasoning was a bit strong and overwhelmed the taste of the lentils. The salad was excellent as was the desert. I have been to Hyde Park before and will go back because in general I like this restaurant, however I will not sit in this location again nor will I order the lentil soup.
- Very accommodating when 2OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012Very accommodating when 2 of our party arrived a few minutes late. Attentive staff. Nice selection of food.Special Features:
- I have been here once beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2012I have been here once before and loved it, and this time was another great experience! I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Hyde Park is a wonderfullyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2012Hyde Park is a wonderfully reliably good restaurant. Menu includes a variety of good eats for all types.Special Features:
- Basic. Soup and salad dishOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/16/2012Basic. Soup and salad dish - soup was awful and we told the waiter and kitchen agreed didn't charge us for it so that was good but it was unedible.Special Features:
- Made reservation for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012Made reservation for lunch on line. Was seated right away. Food was fabulous and nice portions to fill you up. Shared the 3 layer chocolate cake for dessert, that was to die for. Waiter was attentive. Nice place to have a long leisurely lunch with friends.Special Features:
- Fairly good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2012We did not have to wait long for a dinner table, and that was nice. The steak I ordered for dinner on Wednesday night was $17 and, though generous in size, it wasn't a particularly good quality of meat. It was just passable in taste and flavor. I ordered the collard greens cooked in bacon to go with it, and they were wonderful. Our waiter was just passable as well, doing the minimum required. He did not convey in any way that attentive, caring quality that makes for a good waiter.Special Features: