Bistro 333 - Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
333 W Kilbourn Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53203Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bistro 333 - Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistro333milwaukee.com/
- Phone: 4142706130x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: Closed for dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Ketchum
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party options available.
- Private Party Contact: Volkan Aydogdu 4142706129x
A word from Bistro 333 - Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
Bistro 333 is truly a restaurant to call home, situated conveniently in the newly renovated Hyatt Regency in the heart of downtown Milwaukee. Bistro 333 serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with each menu specially hand crafted by our chefs to offer the finest cuisine of the state and region while combining the best of urban chic and casual comfort. Bistro 333’s warm decor invites you to experience top quality and unassuming fare that you might find in the home kitchens of Wisconsinites everywhere. Whether it is cozying up to Bar 333 and enjoying one of our many freshly prepared cocktails, sitting in the spacious lobby area and enjoying a bottle of wine from our hand-picked selection, or enjoying a nice quiet dinner in our private dining area, the staff at Bistro/Bar 333 is eager to accommodate every need. Come in today for the hottest dining experience in Milwaukee!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bistro 333 - Hyatt Regency Milwaukee - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Bistro 333 - Hyatt Regency Milwaukee reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (7)special occasion (3)good for groups (3)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- LoudrxallyDined on 6/23/2014This is a typical hotel cafe, just clean and simple. My only complaint is that the music was really annoying and loud. I was trying to share a business discussion and the music was definitely a problem.Special Features:
- Could Be BetterHonestAbeDined on 6/11/2014Being a pretty good cook myself, I have a tough time paying good money for items that I can make better at home. That sums up my experience at Bistro 333. We went for downtown dining week to try a place that we have not been to before. I am not sure if we will go back since I was not impressed by the food. The service was ok, nothing special and the same goes for the ambience.Special Features:
- Not great service, so-so foodmssnappyDined on 6/11/2014We came here for dinner during downtown dining week because it offered gluten free options. I ordered off the downtown dining 3 course menu, and got the salad, the bruschetta chicken, and strawberry ice cream with balsamic drizzle. Our waiter barely waited on us, and it wasn't particularly busy, either. I had questions about the menu before ordering, and although the waiter eventually said he would go check for me, he first stated that he didn't know because he usually works the breakfast shift. My salad was really good. The chicken was really dry, and the portion was small, including the dessert. It was a small scoop. The dinner was valued at $55, but was $35 that night. It really wasn't worth $35, either. Plenty of other places to eat.
- PleasedKatieLouDined on 6/10/2014We had fabulous service and the food was great. Went for lunch and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown diningBadger10Dined on 6/9/2014I was underwhelmed by my dining experience. I had never been to Bistro 333 before . It was just OK. Not great....not horrible.
- Too Expensive for Average FoodloveNewPlacesDined on 6/9/2014I thought the menu looked great, but we were very unimpressed with the food. We felt like we were eating cafeteria food, but with a high price tag. The atmosphere and decorations were ok, nothing special. If I were traveling and wasn't expecting much out of a meal, this place was OK for that. However I would never recommend this place to anyone. There are plenty of other restaurants in the area that serve good food. This food was bland and I feel I could have prepared a much better meal myself at home.
- Downtown diningJillDined on 6/9/2014Went to lunch with a friend for the downtown dining and the service was very good and very fast. Would go back sometime.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Lunch DiningAgoodmeal2014Dined on 6/9/2014The food was average, I would not dine on a regular, I ordered the pull pork, it was OK, but the flavor was not that good. It was too pricey for the meal for downtown dining week, should have cost less than 10 bucks for lunch.Special Features:
- DissappointedSusanFayDined on 6/8/2014We felt rushed. We ordered soup which was cold. We sent it back and asked for it to be reheated. Before the soup was returned to us, the entree arrived. We were still eating our entree, and our dessert was Being served! This was my first time eating at this restaurant and it will be my last.
- Not worth the $$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We visited this restaurant for downtown dining week but will not be going back. The service was good but the food was not worth the money, even for the discounted price during downtown dining. It's inside the Hyatt hotel and the only separation between our seats and the lobby was a thin curtain. Overall the restaurant was just okay. There are many other places that I would rather go for the money.
- Don't waste your moneyJM2404Dined on 6/6/2014Literally 20 minutes after being seated we finally got water. Food was clearly served after being under a heat lamp. Awful service. Subpar food. Seated in a random corner instead of out in the open dining area. Don't waste your money.
- parking was exorbitant, meal rushedFineDineCplVIPDined on 6/6/2014Due t an event at nearby Bradley Center, parking at the hotel (Bistro 333 is in the hotel) was $15.00. We asked the restaurant maitre d' to waive or call the parking staff since we would be done and gone before the event was even scheduled to start. He said he would, but then not only did he not try to do anything, he totally ignored us the rest of the evening, bypassing our table when he was making rounds checking everyone's satisfaction. When we asked for leftover steak entrees to be wrapped, the server brought our desserts wrapped along with and the check, seemingly trying to rush us out. We had to send her back to the kitchen to wrap the leftover steak, and to bring us plates so that we could eat the desserts at our seats.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014The dinner experience was great. Our waitress was attentive and knowledgeable. The steaks we ordered were done to perfection. We definitely would return to Bistro 333.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Dining WeekEat2liveDined on 6/6/2014Bistro 333 presented by far the most inviting menu as evidenced by the crowd we met at lunch. Everything our party of two sampled was very good to excellent. My husband loved the cheese curds and, although he kept saying he couldn't finish them, he did. I felt the same about the homemade chips. I don't even eat chips and I kept going back for one more. My ham and Harvati on a pretzel roll was delicious as was my husband's cheesecake. The only less than perfects were the chocolate cake = a little dry and the pulled pork = a little sauce on the side needed. Because of the crowd it was a bit noisy but the service was excellent and attentive. A truly enjoyable experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown DiningceegDined on 6/5/2014High priced downtown dining menu which I anticipated as a very nice meal/atmosphere. Waitress was friendly but we didn't have silverware and when she handed us our knives, it was blade forward. Definitely kept serving us over the table and in front of people. Ordered our steak medium well and it came with no pink whatsoever. The pizza appetizer was great, though, as was the cheesecake.
- Had a Great Time!restaurantCrawlerDined on 6/5/2014I went to lunch with some friends during Down Town Dining Week 2014. I had the Caesar salad, Turkey on Pretzel Bun, & the Cheesecake w/berries. All of the dishes were delicious! The services was excellent & quick. Our waitress did a wonderful job answering our questions, assuring our food came in a timely manner, and that we enjoyed our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 163 reviews are from the Bistro 333 - Hyatt Regency Milwaukee reviews archive.
- Mother was not happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I made a reservation through Open Table for Mother's Day brunch. They had nothing special for Mother's Day even though it was advertised as a Mother's Day brunch on their website. One could find this type of food at any George Webb's restaurant. It was a buffet style for $18 a person, for eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes (oily and cold), oatmeal, various cereals, and fruit. This type of meal could have been found for $12 elsewhere. Disappointing and I will not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PolarisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was great for a brunch however we were one of the first group of people to be seated. The decor needs an update. The kids thought it was cool.Special Features:
- Stay Away from Bistro 333-BreakfastfdlvrDined on 5/11/2014The wait-staff was extremely good: efficient, attentive, friendly, and responsive. The food was a disaster: the Huevos Rancheros was "not edible" according to the guest who ordered it. The tortillas were stiff, but not crispy, couldn't be cut with a knife. There was way too much cumin and the salsa was bad. The French toast was undercooked. The roasted fruit was blah. Both entres were overpriced for the quality and even the presentation. We would have been better off having breakfast almost anywhere else. We will never go back there.
- DisappointingPatriciaDined on 6/13/2013I went to Bistro 333 with my daughter for Milwaukee Downtown Dining Week. We chose items off the fixed menu. The pizza appetizer was huge, too big for a first course, but flavor was fine. My soup was pretty good. The pasta & mushroom main dish was very disappointing, the noodles were a bit dry, and it didn't have enough sauce. The salmon was ok. The desserts were also underwhelming. I didn't even finish my gelato. I like the bar at this place, but won't eat there again.
- The meal I selected from theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2013The meal I selected from the Downtown Dining week dinner menu was very good. It had an excellet array of flavors and textures, and was well prepared and presented. A decent wine menu allowed for a proper pairing. Our server was very good, and the minor misses could be easily remedied. Regarding the on-site parking, I expected my parking to be validated after this price point for three adults. I was disappointed with the responses: we seem to be all out of parking passes; can't seem to find any more; it's only good for two hours. Local restaurants of simliar stature offer valet parking at half the price or less. I will recommend Bistro 333 to colleagues with similar interests and standards, but encourage them to park on the street.Special Features:
- Meh for Downtown DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2013The food was fine. It wasn't anything special that I can't find for cheaper in the same area. The $30 DD menu wasn't too much of a deal considering the same meal cost $40 on the menu. We came in for DD and ended up ordering off the menu, and the price, including our drinks, ended up being around $60 for the both of us. The menu wasn't anything terribly special either. It was ok, but there wasn't anything that sounded really good. Our waitress had to stop by 3 times before we were finally able to decide. The food itself was good, but not great. It definitely wasn't bad. I would recommend offering a $20 DD menu to make it worth trying again.
- Probably Won't Go BackOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2013I went for downtown dining week, and to be honest, I was not impressed at all. The beer cheese soup was delicious but you didn't get very much. The salmon I had was very dry and I did not like the sauce that was top. The cupcake was not good at all!!! It was not moist at all and the frosting was very hard... :( I was told they came from Milwaukee Cupcake Company who I have had before, and their cupcakes never taste like that! Overall, not impressed, which was disappointing because I was looking forward to eating here because the menu looked good.
- Bistro 333-Downtown Dining WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2013My boyfriend and I had lunch here, and the experience was good. The overall value of our lunch for the downtown dining price was excellent. $10 for a cup of soup, a sandwich, and a piece of cheesecake. As is typical during downtown dining week, the staff was overwhelmed. We sat for a good five minutes before our server even acknowledged as she greeted a table that was sat after us, before us. I ordered the grilled cheese sandwich with no tomatoes, which came out with tomatoes. I was brought the right order very quickly, though. Overall I think this is a great spot, but I would it was lacking in service due to how busy it was. Also do not park in the parking structure unless you absolutely have to as it was $10 for one hour!Special Features:
- Typical, average, boringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2013There is nothing extraordinary about this restaurant. The food was mediocre. The waiter was never around when we actually needed him, but tried to rush us through at the beginning (in an empty restaurant.) The table across from us had to snag another waitress to solve the problems with their orders. The beer cheese soup was salty. There was not enough time given between courses. All rookie mistakes and overall not worth the price. (But they probably get away with it all because they are a hotel restaurant and people are too scared of Milwaukee to risk going outside to go anywhere else.)
- Excellent LunchSteakDined on 6/10/2013The four of us have a wonderful lunch with very good service. The drinks and the dessert first rateSpecial Features:
- Seemed overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013We'd been looking forward to trying Bistro 333 based on samples of their food that we'd had at several local tasting events. The appetizer we had (Margherita pizza) was good, but would have been much better with a far thinner crust. The entrees we had (sirloin filet) were ok, but I've had better steaks elsewhere for less money. Our server, while pleasant, seemed to have forgotten about our table and we had to hunt him down to both get our check and then to get him to come back and run the credit card. We also had to flag down random passing staff to get our water refilled. All in all, it was ok, but I doubt we will be making a point to go back.
- Won't be going back.ignoredcustomerDined on 6/8/2013Food was good but the service was some of the worst I've ever experienced. When the server came with the food, our friend was brought a salmon meal when she ordered a steak. After the server stopped by 3 more times over the course of 15 minutes, we asked why at least four or five other tables around us were receiving steak dinners and we hadn't received ours. The server told us that the kitchen had to complete the orders in which they were received. Basically telling us the customer, the rest of the resturant would see their food first and then they would fix their mistake. After arguing with the manager, our missing meal arrived just as the deserts arrived at the table. We would never recommend this place or ever go back again.
- Skip itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2013Although my steak was good and the dessert delicious, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant. The place was basically empty (3-4 tables. They swept the carpet twice while we were there. I don't need to see that while I dine. My husband's fish had a weird spice on it. The lite sangria was so sour and not very tasty.
- This was the third time IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013This was the third time I have eaten at Bistro 333. On my previous visits, the food was extremely good, especially the Wisconsin Cheese Platter; however, on this visit I ordered Garlic & Mushroom pasta for my entre. There was far too much olive oil on the pasta and very little other flavors. The atmosphere was quiet and the waitress was extremely nice. Overall, I would suggest this restaurant as a location for getting a snack, the Wisconsin Cheese Platter, but would be cautious about entres.
- A nice place to dip into ifNorske1Dined on 3/15/2013A nice place to dip into if staying at the hotel or going out to one of the nearby music/theatre/sports venues. While the food was tasty, the service was poor. One waiter? What? I don't think he stopped by after taking our order.
- Ambiance,Attentiveness,AppetizingLovestruckbylynne1Dined on 3/15/2013A completely perfect dining experience beginning from the ease of an on-line reservation, attentive service and delicious food. A special request regarding the "texture" of the cooked shrimp was received with a positive response and the request was filled exactly to the expectation. Perfectly suited for the pre-theater locale we needed. Excellent!!!Special Features:
- ConvenientOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Convenient to Milwaukee Theater and BMO Harris Bradley Center
- Quiet, Laid Back Early DinnerudubsalumDined on 3/8/2013My dining partner and I arrived at Bistro 333 at 6:00 PM before an 8:00 PM show at the Riverside. There was one couple seated and they left 15 minutes after our arrival. We were the only people seated in the restaurant for the duration of our dining experience. The ambiance was cute and quaint. The area is quite small as a bistro should be and leads directly to the hotel bar with a half wall separating the two. Service was outstanding and the menu was laid back with interesting apps and sandwiches. I had the avocado chicken sandwich which was good but the chunks of grilled chicken kept falling out of the toasted bread. The hummus was a delicious selction for an app. A fine libation selection rounded out a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- I had the chicken avocadoOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/21/2013I had the chicken avocado bacon sandwich. It was pretty good except the chicken was very dry :(
- Specific food requests wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/19/2013Specific food requests were not followed. My entree came out after I finished my soup. I got the impression it had been sitting for a while as the hamburger was well past medium. I requested crispy French fries and they were not. It was disappointing.Special Features:
- The food was good but nothingAimeeHDined on 2/16/2013The food was good but nothing special. Our waiter did a great job - he was very pleasant.
- Poor menu with little selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Poor menu with little selection. I wouldn't go back.
- Nice respite from the AnimaeRichGrfaffDined on 2/16/2013Nice respite from the Animae Convention at the Hyatt that night. Good food. Great service.Special Features:
- Good food and service butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Good food and service but thought the seating area to be too open and lacking in ambiance. Too "cold" you could say.