1375 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hutchsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7168850074
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Hutchinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hutch's restaurant can accommodate semi-private dining parties of up to 20 guests. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Leonard 7168850074
A word from Hutch's Restaurant
Chef Mark Hutchenson's new American restaurant is redefining city dining. Brick walls, vintage posters and white linen tablecloths create a warm and trendy bistro mood. The menu includes a variety of appetizers such as Thai-high calamari and stuffed jalapenos, and entrees include steak frite and grilled prawns over pasta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Hutch's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Hutch's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)fit for foodies (62)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (52)notable wine list (41)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (22)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (11)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I have been going to Hutch's for years on and off as I lived in California and was in Buffalo visiting but have moved back home now and am still impressed by the great food and fun bar scene that Hutch's offers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!!Jhin17Dined on 10/18/2014Best restaurant I've been to in Buffalo!! The food, service, atmosphere was top notch!! I will be back and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a five star dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantabcdDined on 10/14/2014An excellent experience. The food was terrific. The menu is very old-school and meat-centric, so not for a vegetarian (however, there are nice-sounding fish entrees). We had a veal chop and the venison. The veal chop was a tad under-done. The venison was great: rare and exquisitely tender. We both had the seafood bisque, which was outstanding. Service was amazingly fast for a "white tablecloth" restaurant, but we never felt rushed. The servers were also congenial and knowledgeable, and not obtrusive. The wine list was impressive, and (at least based on the wine we chose) provided very good value. I would recommend this place strongly, with few reservations. PS, There's a nice bar in the back, with wine by the glass.Special Features:
- annebOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Another wonderful meal! This is one of my nyc son's favorite restaurants when he is visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th anniversary dinnerMikeDined on 10/13/2014Hubby and I celebrated our 30th anniversary on 10/13/14. We were the first to arrive & were disappointed they put a couple of women on a business meet right next to us. (There was plenty of room elsewhere for them). Our server was ok, not terribly attentive & we had to pour our own champagne bc he didn't come around to do it. We weren't happy that the bread was served by a waiter w/a huge basket. I'd much rather have my own basket on the table. We like bread and it's embarassing to keep asking for more. Our dinner was wonderful... hubby had jumbalaya, I had bistro steak... all aspects of the dinner were wonderful. We were disappointed that they didn't do anything for our anniversary, as comparable restaurants usually do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time fan of this spot.JerseyRootsDined on 10/6/2014On the top of my "Go To" list. Never disappointed. Jambalaya is a sure hit, get the large every time, just eat half, cause it is great the next day.Special Features:
- Did not meet expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/5/2014My girlfriend and I were very excited to come to Hutch's for our Anniversary, because we heard from many friends that it was a great place for a special occasion. I noted in our reservation that we were celebrating an anniversary, and it was never acknowledged. Our server apologized more than once for keeping us waiting between courses, and was only attentive when it came time for us to pay the bill. The food was good, but we have had better. For the price that we paid we expected excellent service (especially since it was a Sunday), excellent food, and that our special occasion be recognized. Hutch's did not even come close to meeting our expectations.
- KarenDined on 9/27/2014This is my favorite restaurant. The only thing I would change is NOTHING!Special Features:
- DundasfoodieDined on 9/23/2014We had a dinner that could not be faulted. Even though Hutch's prices can be fairly high, we were able to eat for $160 for two of us for dinner. The service was both friendly and helpful (especially with wine choices). appetizers were creative, and the steak was outstanding. This is a restaurant that we would definitely go back to when we are next in Buffalo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good servicedimonicDined on 9/20/2014When we arrived promptly on time for our reservation, I was pleased to be seated immediately. I have been to other restaurants that have had me wait a minute or two even with a reservation, and that always irks me. I really enjoyed their Bistro Steak, while my wife had Salmon with a subtle oriental twist. The 9 oz steak was cooked to perfection, and was complemented by sufficient sides that I did not leave hungry. The place started pretty full at our 9:30 reservation, and as a consequence quite lively, but soon thinned out and by the end of our dinner, intimate conversation was possible. I can recommend Hutches to steak lovers, as well as a good place for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife loves the place. Food is greatChowDined on 9/20/2014Always great never disappoints and the cost is in line with service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did not live up to the hipeSamDDined on 9/19/2014The food was very good. The service was adequate. Relatively Noisy. It was very pricey. Not a bad option for dinner but there are many better options in Buffalo.
- Excellent choice, esp. for companysnowfallDined on 9/15/2014This would be an excellent choice to bring out of town guests, to show them how great dining can be in Buffalo. We went for our Anniversary, but you could go anytime. There is a decent array of menu choices so that you can spend a lot if you are really celebrating, but other choices if you just want a delicious meal out. Stuffed hot pepper appetizer was the best ever. Lobster bisque just delicious. All meals were prepared hot and very tasty. The Sockeye Salmon was unbelievable, had at Mangia's last week for almost the same price and this was much more tasty. The portions do include potatoes and veggies, at least for our meals, which is always nice to not have to pay separately. All staff were very friendly, not pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experiencecheryljeanDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the service and the food. The lobster and shrimp bisque is to die for. The oysters were over the top. Escargot, salad and steak tartare are solid. The service is wonderful- starting in the parking lot with a warm welcome!Special Features:
- Best steak!Ilovefood928Dined on 9/5/2014I consider myself a bit of a foodie. I love to cook, work in the catering business and love restaurants. I am not a big red meat eater but ordered the strip steak. Seriously, one of the best steaks I ever had. The entire plate was spot on. I was wowed.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysBfloxng69Dined on 9/5/2014Always a great place for fresh food, great wine, and excellent service. Make a trip; you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We chose Hutch's to celebrate our anniversary, it was our first visit and we've been waiting a long time to finally experience this restaurant. At best it was disappointing. Although the food was nicely prepared and presented, it did not warrant the exorbitant cost. The ambiance was noisy, the service only adequate and the overall vibe was pretentious and over-bearing. It seems that this is a place to be seen and I felt as if a scam were being perpetrated. We dine out frequently all over the northeast, and based on our experience there are several fine restaurants in WNY that we will return to before re-visiting this establishment. The experience did not live up to the hype or expectation.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014We ordered both shrimp appetizers which were delicious and the filet was absolutely wonderful with the pepper crust.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Love Hutch's. Best place in Buffalo!!! The food never disappoints. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit too pricey.AkronOrangeDined on 8/29/2014We went to Hutch's for a birthday dinner. We drove for 40 minutes to reach the restaurant and passed several notable restaurants along the way, Russell's and Black and Blue to name a couple. Parking was sketchy, we parked our BMW beside a Mercedes in a closed gas station nearby, an Aston Martin was parked on the street. Needless to say, Hutch's attracts the affluent diners in the area. The food was very good but not better that other fine dining establishments in the area. The prices were competitive, I thought the steaks were priced a bit too high given there are other "steak houses" with a better reputation for steak. I had the tuna steak. I wouldn't say I won't go back but I prefer the suburban dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and foodToiyeuDined on 8/27/2014This upscale neighbourhood restaurant is a perfect spot for dinner - varied menu, fresh daily specials, excellent service. A drink at the bar before dinner is to experience friendly Buffalo hospitality. Hutch's is unpretentious and welcoming, with well-prepared food and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffalo's dining placeixmallarmeDined on 8/23/2014Back in Buffalo after a long trip to Europe. A pleasure to return to Hutch's. Small and intimate place, superb food, tasty and of prime choice. A pleasure to be back home in such a pleasant dining place.Special Features:
- Visitor from NYCMannyDined on 8/22/2014My great-nephew, their friend from NYC (presently a student at Buffalo U), and I truly enjoyed the foods. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at Hutch'sLGelDined on 8/21/2014We had another wonderful meal at Hutch's. The wine selections were good, and for the food, there was something for everyone. Lots of small plates and appetizers that could be combined into a meal and large plates that were delicious. The steak tartar, made with locally raised beef, was excellent, as was the ceviche. A special of wild salmon with Chinese mustard sauce and yellowfin tuna with a sesame crust( large plates) were both excellent. The burrata salad with heirloom tomatoes was very good. Service slipped a little at times, but they made up for the small lapses with a complimentary glass of wine.Special Features:
- Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014My husband and I went to hutches for the first time this past week to celebrate our anniversary. Our server, Anthony, was wonderful. We were greeted at the table with complimentary glasses of champagne! The lobster bisque was so delicious as was the calamari. My husband ordered soft shell crab and I had a filet; both were extremely good and large portions for the price. We ordered the chocolate cheesecake for dessert- wow! Overall, wonderful experience! We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful but ...Tlc18Dined on 8/20/2014Tables were too close together and a conversation couldnt be carried on. All we coukd hear was the table next to usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frankmoose1Dined on 8/18/2014We have never been disappointed when we go. Would match up to any restaurant in NYC at all levels. Would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Still going strongronnieoDined on 8/16/2014Has long been one of the best in buffalo and while we hadn't been in a while it is nice to see some things don't change.Special Features:
- perfect evening.TimMacDined on 8/10/2014We looked for a special place for a quiet dinner and Hutch's was perfect. Our waiter, Rick, was excellent, the wine was very good and the food was cooked just how we like it. We will be back in the near future.Special Features:
- Great experienceluv2dineDined on 8/9/2014My hubby and I went to Hutch's for a special occasion and really enjoyed their food and services. The shrimp and lobster bisque was excellent. Soft shell crab dish was magnificent. We liked the diversity of the menu, roman atmosphere and superb service our our server. Will definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Our 26Th luv-a-versaryHookedonHutchsDined on 8/6/2014It was my husbands and my first time dining at Hutchs. The food was great! The music was great! And we loved our table as well. It was very romantic and even though there was music playing and other patrons around it still felt like it was just the two of us. I'm sure we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every bite amazing!BrumilDined on 8/6/2014One of the best I've ever gone to! Promt, polite service. Amazing menu and specials. Took a client which is a major foodie. He was duly impressed. He is a local and had never been there, great pick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Selections and Great ServiceLoveHutchsDined on 8/5/2014We do not get to Hutch's often since we had kids but were wonderfully reminded of how much we loved the creative and delicious recipes there when we went for our anniversary. We found the regular menu a bit narrow, but the specials full of so many choices we ordered too much! Our waiter was also a great match for the quick wit of my husband, yet also a beautiful match for the menu and ambience. There is nothing worse (for me) then going out for a wonderful dining experience that is perforated by a sub-standard server. Now that our children are at the age where they don't mind if we go out, we hope to go to Hutch's regularly again. One of the very finest in Buffalo - excepting for the cramped tables and loud noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTonyDined on 8/2/2014All food is of high quality. Started with Shrimp and Lobster Bisque and the Tomato Tarte Tatin, both very satisfying. I enjoyed the Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna, perfectly seared rare as ordered and my wife was very happy with the halibut. Almond Lace Cookie Cup and Cherry Berry Cobbler for dessert for a perfect ending. That being said, the highlight of my evening was one of the specialty cocktails. If you are searching for the perfect Manhattan, look no further-the 5 Sipper Manhattan is it, the best I've ever had. Only (small) negative is the dining space. Tables a little too close together for my taste and the more exuberant patrons seem even more so in the tight quarters. Not much of a deterrent though as everything else was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ diningLoveagdmealDined on 8/2/2014Hutch's hit the mark in all areas...food, drink, service, & atmosphere! We truly enjoyed are night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TorontoFoodieDined on 8/1/2014We travel to Hutch's at least monthly from Toronto and have done so for the past 8 years or so. We have never been disappointed in the atmosphere, food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moose1Dined on 7/31/2014The chief that night kit it out of the ball park. Service as well. Would come back.Special Features:
- 40th Wedding Anniversary DinnerMrBHBDined on 7/27/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at Hutch's. We had not been there before but had heard nothing but good things. They were all true. The atmosphere was quaint and it was relatively quiet (Sunday early evening) at our corner table to the front. The filet and lobster were cooked and seasoned to perfection! Our waiter was very personable, very knowledgeable about the menu and helped make it a very enjoyable event for us. His wine recommendation was perfect. It was a wonderful evening that will be remembered for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in BuffaloBobcatsFansVIPDined on 7/26/2014We wanted to experience a good meal, but have the option to get small plates as well as entrées and the hotel strongly recommended this restaurant that has been around Buffalo for a long time. The place was crowded upon arrival and although we had reservations, we had to wait 15 minutes for our table. The bar was comfortable and had a good crowd of it's own. At our table the walls were covered in art and the noise level was comfortable. I had the soft shell crab that was outstanding and my date had several small plates, that were also very good. We skipped dessert, but they had a great selection. We had cappuccinos that were good. The staff were friendly and I would definitely come back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryDinesteinDined on 7/26/2014To be honest, Hutch's wasn't my first choice, but it will be in the future. There was not a single misstep the entire night. From being greeted at the door, to saying good night, every member of the staff was professional but warm as well. Both meals were expertly prepared and served without a prolonged wait. But at the same time, I enjoy taking my time when I am at a fine restaurant, that is the nature of dining, not simply having dinner. I don't like paying for a fine meal and feel pressured to finish so the table can be turned. We never felt rushed for a second. Our waiter Rick was outstanding and his recommendations were spot on. It was a special occasion made more so by our experience at Hutch's. Thanks to the entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.