1375 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hutchsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7168850074
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Hutchinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hutch's restaurant can accommodate semi-private dining parties of up to 20 guests. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Leonard 7168850074
A word from Hutch's Restaurant
Chef Mark Hutchenson's new American restaurant is redefining city dining. Brick walls, vintage posters and white linen tablecloths create a warm and trendy bistro mood. The menu includes a variety of appetizers such as Thai-high calamari and stuffed jalapenos, and entrees include steak frite and grilled prawns over pasta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Hutch's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Hutch's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)fit for foodies (58)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (53)notable wine list (34)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (21)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (15)late-night find (11)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent Dining ExperienceSallyDined on 4/7/2014As usual, my expierence at Hutch's was great! The food was excellent, as was the service. We like to go to Hutch's for a special occasion, such as aniversary, birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodGourmetDined on 4/7/2014I worked as a contractor in Buffalo for 10 months, and my meal at Hutch's was, by far, the best meal I had. Superb food, excellent service, great atmosphere. I have enjoyed fine dining in many places throughout the United States, and Hutch's is in the top 1 percent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food + Staff = 5 Star HappinessMaryFranDined on 4/7/2014The staff was appropriately attentive - not hovering but always taking care of details. I had the shrimp and lobster bisque. It was creamy without being heavy, with bits of lobster on top. I also had the Maryland oysters. Having lived in Maryland, I can happily say Hutch's did the oysters proud. My mom loved her Ceasar salad. She also had the strip steak, with mashed potatoes, grilled vegetables, topped with lovely onion rings. She loved every bite. Dessert topped off a wonderful meal. I had a beautifully made lace cookie filled with whipped cream and seasonal fruit sitting on caramel sauce. My mom had cheesecake in a carrot cake crust. I don't normally like cheesecake but this was not overly sweet - perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffalos bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014Outstan ding restaurant in Buffalo,NY that rivals the best restaurants in other cities.Great whiskey bar that has extensive selection of bourbons, rye, scotch and irish whiskey. the menu for dinner has so many outstanding selections it makes the choice diddicultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/29/2014Very good food. Excellent service. Noise level is deafening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so hot.cantab86VIPDined on 3/27/2014The food was sub par , being nothing special. For the price, you would expect more. The service was 50-50. I asked for extra bread, too a long time to get it, and I never got my mustard. It was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Hutches is becoming a BuffaloNorthof49Dined on 3/27/2014Hutches is becoming a Buffalo tradition and we have tested the menu thoroughly. Daily specials are just that and it is very hard to go wrong with an extensive selection of very fine appetizers, entrees desserts and beverages. The bartenders make an excellent Presbyterian. Book your reservation and enjoy!Special Features:
- All is Good!OPMomDined on 3/26/2014We were celebrating our 31st anniversary, and chose Hutch's. The service was excellent, exceptionally attentive. The menu is varied, and absolutely everything we ordered, was delicious! We typically do not order dessert, since an appetizer and entree fill us up. However, since it was a special occasion, we shared one, and it too was fantastic. We left very happy campers!Special Features:
- Great MealSparklesDined on 3/23/2014On my trip to Buffalo, my neighboring passenger recommended this place. We are so grateful he did. The food and service were great. So glad we followed through on the recommendation.Special Features:
- Hutch's IS Happening!!bflowillDined on 3/22/2014Hutch's is 1 of a few 'special night out' places that I try to get to a couple of times a year. I live in the neighborhood and do drive by every day so when I see the diners inside I always envy them and feel I 'have to stop in soon'. When I do I am always treated to the best of the best in terms of a great bar atmosphere before dinner (awesome martinis) and a great meal too . I usually see a good mix of Buffalo 'celebrities'...well known people around town) locals and on this particular night a large number of basketball fans visiting from out-of-town . So all things considered I had a great drink , got a nice table in the front dining room, wonderful service, and fantastic food. As I said..."Hutch's IS happening" !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous foodClaireDined on 3/22/2014The food and service was absolutely fabulous and in my opinion this is one of the best restaurants in buffalo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffalo's best kept secrethollsDined on 3/20/2014This is the best place in the city, food is phenomenal! Great professional exclusive service. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to enjoy at good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing and the devicefoodie2007Dined on 3/16/2014Food was amazing and the device was excellent. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in BuffaloOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2014This is my absolute favorite place to eat in Buffalo. Everything is perfect from beginning to end every time I dine here. The menu prices have gone up significantly over the years but it is every penny worth it and it is one of the few places I can say that about. Keep up the great culinary perfection Hutch's! I have moved to California but always make this my go to spot when I visit the Queen City. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeGmgmDined on 3/8/2014Never disappointed. First time bringing others with us. Some dishes spicier than expected but overall, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 3OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2014This was my first at Hutch's. The food and environment were great. They also give good sized portions. I could not finish my entire meal. I have put this restaurant in my local Top 3 along with Russell's Steak House and Fiamma Steak House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to reputationDaddyhaapDined on 3/1/20144 of us went on a sat night and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Will definitely return and refer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow....Domsmom1026Dined on 2/28/2014Everything was great. Valet was quick. The Food was AMAZING. My boyfriend had the Bison, I cannot say anything else but woah! I had the grilled prawns over linguini. Was just as amazing as the Bison. WE started with Calamari, which had a sweet sauce with it, very impressed. We were nervous at first because they sat us at a small table, we had 4 people. We were thinking there couldn't possibly be enough room. But the waiter was on top of things. Every time you took your last bite, or last sip, he was right there to clean your plate or refill. And when he wasn't around-who ever walked by did it. It was expensive- but well worth what we paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something to look forward toJoshkDined on 2/24/2014This was my second visit to Hutch's, and well worth every penny we spent. As always, the staff was friendly and welcoming as we walked in. Our waitress was incredibly friendly, and our foo was among the best we've had I the city. If you're looking for a place to celebrate a special event, or just a romantic dinner for two, this is the place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greeter and WaiterLoriDined on 2/23/2014I wanted to say how pleased I was with everything . From the moment I walked in to the time I left . The person that greeted us to the Waiter that served us . Thank you for making it a perfect Birthday Dinner .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V-Day Wknd... Good... But....BatesterDined on 2/15/2014Service there was great and so were the drinks. Our server was really great.... He was really knowledgable about the entire menu. We had the fried oysters and shared a BLT salad both were very good. The let down came with our entrees :(. I had ordered the strip steak and my bf ordered the ribeye. Both of our steaks were SUPER fatty all throughout. As we were eating we had each had big piles of fat that we couldn't chew piled up on our plate. For $44 and $50 something dollars this is something I would never expect. We understood it was not filet but half our steak was not even chewable. And how strange it was BOTH of ours....& different cuts of meat??? I would like to go back here I just would order a different entree the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurrOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We sat by the door so it was a little chilly. Overall Great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If it's not the best foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014If it's not the best food in town, it's near the top. Pricey for Buffalo, so don't be surprised about that, but the food and service are well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceSaraDined on 2/14/2014Everything was perfect. The food was delicious and the service was great too. I will without a doubt be visiting this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceKatlynDined on 2/13/2014My boyfriend and I made a reservation at Hutch's for an early Valentine's day dinner on a Thursday night. Our reservations were at 7pm and we arrived slightly early and were seating right away which was great. The service was amazing. We ordered a bottle of wine and had a long list of specials to choose from. I choose a salad and my bf ordered a special appetizer that was pan searing oysters with a panko bread batter. Those were phenomenal. I don't usually eat oysters but i really enjoyed them. For an entree I had the most incredible beef tenderloin I have ever eaten with a brandy cream sauce. My bf got strip steak. Compliments to the chef both of our meat was cooked to perfection! Would definitely come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoCeooDined on 2/12/2014Always beyond expectations. Consistently well prepared meal. One of Buffalo's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful early valentines dayFiegs12VIPDined on 2/11/2014My boyfriend and I are both working valentines day so we decided to celebrate it early. It was an amazing meal and a romantic atmosphere. Just a word of caution, if your looking for a quiet dinner, hutch's is not the place for you. The noise level is always high, which is fun, but difficult if your trying to have a quiet conversation and relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All time favoritejdd13Dined on 2/10/2014Hutch's is locally owned and the food is exquisite! I took a party of 8 guests from out of town to Hutch's for a business dinner and every member of my party raved about their food and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday must be family day!healthconciousDined on 2/9/2014Lots more children than I expected at a fine dining restaurant, but they were well behaved. The service was outstanding! The food was excellent. I had an australian type of fish, similar to sea bass. It was excellent, although a little less butter sauce would have been preferred by my growing waist line. The cappucinno cheese cake was truly exquisite!Special Features:
- Better than everOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/6/2014The owner himself greeted us last Thursday night, and it was nice to see Hutch in the dining room. He led us to a very nice gavel for four in the back. Our wine, chosen from a notable wine list, was excellent and priced low -- an obvious nod to the customer. The meal was well-paced, and the food was delicious and attractively presented. I hadn't been here in awhile but will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best!Buffalo4realDined on 2/1/2014I went to Hutche's with a group of friends and this place couldn't be any better! Everything from the beet salad to the desert was amazing! The service was exceptional. Great wine list and ambiance! You can't go wrong with this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never go wrongK8ieNDined on 2/1/2014We've been coming here for years. It's a real treat and we're lucky to have it in Buffalo and down the street. The service is always fantastic and the food is gorgeous, different and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter had the perfectFatkidsforlifeDined on 1/30/2014Our waiter had the perfect blend of attentiveness and privacy. Our food was prompt and delicious and for what we ordered the price was not that bad. It was a great time and wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placespoooks161Dined on 1/24/2014Food was excellent. Waiter was great with knowledge of food and meun. And was very polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually very high qualitykc928Dined on 1/24/2014Hutch's has been one of my top 5 or 10 for years. This past visit, although good, didn't quite hit the mark. Appies were tasty but not hot, My wife's steak, good not exceptional (and for the $ that's not good), I had the Tuna which is one of my favorites - and was very good - again just slightly off the mark. What especially struck me was the prices. Granted we had not been there for perhaps a year, but it seems like they raised prices 15 to 20%. Again I don't mind paying for greatness, but good at those prices is not acceptable. I won't give up on Hutch's, after a couple dozen visits over a long period of time, eventually even the best slugger will hit a single.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke's ExperienceLukeDined on 1/24/2014Food was ok, pasta with jumbo shrimp tasteless. Filet was very good, but this place is very pricey. Lobster Bisque soup was very good, but cost was $9.50 for one laddle full with very little lobster in it. This was the second time I tried Hutch's and won't go again. There are so many other restaurants in the area with excellent food at less expensive.Special Features:
- Wonderful Night!Goodfood1Dined on 1/16/2014My wife and I had an absolute amazing time eating here! The service was top notch. Our meal was never rushed, and the food itself was incredible! We look forward to dining there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only thingredsheDined on 1/16/2014Where we were seated (across from the entrance door to the right) is another door(?) which was blocked off but open enough that there was a cold breeze blowing over my feet the entire time I was there. The hostess told us someone must have "knocked it open"....I'm thinking they may want to invest in a roll of duct tape at the very least. Other than that, our food was delicious and the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Buffalo StandardMichelleMDined on 1/15/2014Been coming to this restaurant for over 15 years. NEVER had a bad meal or experience. It is always a night to remember with superb food, drinks and service. The best.Special Features:
- Awesome!Tran6Dined on 1/11/2014My third or fourth time eating here and each time has been consistently amazing. An extensive specials list makes the decision happily difficult. My girlfriend had a scallop pasta and she continues to rave. Jambalaya was excellent. Wonderful atmosphere for a date, birthday or just a drink before a show. I dropped my napkin and it was replaced with a clean, folded one before I even noticed. The staff knows what they're doing and will make sure you leave satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.