1375 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hutchsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7168850074
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Hutchinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hutch's restaurant can accommodate semi-private dining parties of up to 20 guests. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Leonard 7168850074
A word from Hutch's Restaurant
Chef Mark Hutchenson's new American restaurant is redefining city dining. Brick walls, vintage posters and white linen tablecloths create a warm and trendy bistro mood. The menu includes a variety of appetizers such as Thai-high calamari and stuffed jalapenos, and entrees include steak frite and grilled prawns over pasta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Hutch's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Hutch's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)romantic (60)fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (52)notable wine list (32)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (21)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (14)late-night find (11)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Great food and service. It was my first time there and was not disappointed. Would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Nice, clean, a bit noisy though.Flipp5010Dined on 6/27/2014Very clean, the bar drinks were well made, not the typical nightclub stuff, a true bartender, who puts some work into it, the food was good, id recomend the portibello fries and glazed bacon to start, the main dish, both steaks were well cooked to are liking, service was good also, a bit noisy but i think thats to be expected for a Sat night, still able to carry on a conversation, yes id go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening with friendsMimiDined on 6/27/2014Great food. Our table had 3 appetizers: steak tartare, stuffed poblano, & calamari. Our entrees included 2 8 oz. lamb chops, tuna steak, snapper and Asia style salmon. We all enjoyed our meals and the lamb and tuna were cooked to perfection. We had a great corner table, away from the bar area, which made for easy conversation. Our 6:00 reservation was the first seating and we were not at all hurried on a Summer Friday night. Well worth the somewhat higher prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional DiningPeteDined on 6/26/2014We had a great experience. The menu was varied and the food wonderful. The service was personal and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mach1Dined on 6/20/2014great place and delicious food well prepared and superb service well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014The food at Hutch's is always good- we have dined there many times. Fresh and seasonal ingredients are featured- the soft shell crab appetizer and entree were fantastic. The regular menu is varied and creative and the specials are innovative and delicious. Desserts are so wonderful- the cookie cup with fresh fruit, caramel and whipped cream is incredible. Service is very professional and friendly without being intrusive. Hutch's is expensive, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Always excellent!AndreaDined on 6/14/2014For as many times as I have been to Hutch's it NEVER disappoints! If you want a great meal, you can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hutch's Annual FavoriteLookforwardtoitDined on 6/7/2014We do this every year for my wife's birthday (week) and our anniversary. It's the soft-shell crab to-die-for and it was delivered as envisioned! We had a delightful evening at one of our favorite places. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 6/7/2014The food was top quality and the service was just fantastic. Prices were not bad either. They have both high prices items and items that are reasonably priced. Dinner for two could be $60-80 or $200. The bison steak was the best steak I have ever had. I love steak so that is saying a lotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenalDined on 6/3/2014We came for our 25th anniversary dinner. The entire experience was outstanding. Our food was incredible and cooked to perfection. I cannot say enough about our waiter Josh. He was very attentive and could recite every ingredient on the specials menu. Even Paige who was refilling our water (and had only worked here for 1 week) did an excellent job. Thank you for making our anniversay dinner one to remember!Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014All the servers were attentive knowledgeable and friendly, very good service.Special Features:
- Great RestrauntTomGDined on 5/22/2014This has always been my favorite for 25 years and still is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 693 reviews are from the Hutch's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Favorites and flairFamilytraveler123Dined on 5/20/2014We brought a group and enjoyed our favorites but also the specials. Soft shell crabs are in! Yum! Always a great place to impress out of town guests. The staff is excellent here too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerAnneReidyDined on 5/17/2014The food was fabulous, as was the service. For the first time, in I don't know how long, my husband order a steak well done, and it came out well done and perfect and delicious and not batter, butterflied or burnt. My son ordered a steak med-rare and that too was perfect. I had the veal and it was mouthwatering. My daughter had the soft shelled crab and loved it. Oysters were fresh and the salmon appetizer was terrific. We had drinks and wine and a wonderful apple pear crisp that we shared and loved! Will definitely be dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2014Some fantastic choices, attentive/experienced staff, highly recommend the beef tartare. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Good ServiceDaMADined on 5/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Hutch's restaurant last week. The service was very good - they anticipated our needs but did not hover. Food was great. Two of us had steak - tender and juicy. I had the skatewing - a really excellent dish. Don't be afraid to order it! If you like scallops, you will love skatewing. Also don't miss the beet salad. Only downside is that parking can be a challenge, but once you find a place to park, the rest is nearly perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overcrowding, noisyDisappointingDined on 5/10/2014Unfortunately the noise level and overcrowding--tables way too close for comfort--made our dining experience far less than satisfactory. We were unable to converse without yelling. I do remember when the ambiance was delightful, and our waiter could give attention to all details; he was rushing around trying to fit everything in, and delayed by the tables so close. I don't know why you need such crowding unless it is a money issue for your survival; or maybe you prefer it to be geared to mostly young adults. Your food is exceptional, but I cannot recommend your venue to our friends based on above comments. Sorry, as we were expecting a delightful evening.Special Features:
- They forgot us...scrappy1979Dined on 5/9/2014Reservations at 8pm sat down 915. They accidentally had given our table to another party, luckily I went out and checked. The staff was very accommodating. Every person that came to our table knew we had been waiting and were outstanding, they included a round of drinks for our wait and the manager came by to personally apologize. This definitely compensated for our wait. The wait staff were extremely helpful with recommending the best items. The food was exceptional as well, however I only gave it four stars as I was looking for something a little more. With the prices I expected to see a more appealing presentation than we received. I would definitely recommend this to anyone, it is more of a special occasion restaurant than every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never to disappointbuffalofoodieDined on 5/9/2014we are repeat customers and never had a bad experience. Food is always of very high quality, service is exceptional.Special Features:
- Amazing Hutch's.....BigBassDined on 5/6/2014My wife and I had dinner at Hutch's this Tuesday and were extremely impressed by every facet of the experience. Extraordinary food, flawlessly served by friendly and throughly professional waitstaff. From an arugula salad, a tuna entree special, jambalaya and everything in between - all dishes had a delightful complexity. Ambiance is just perfect. Western New York does have some outstanding restaurants, but Hutch's may be the best.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2014Nice ambience, good friendly informative staff, front seating area cosy, good food but somewhat pricy. $11 for cocktail?Special Features:
- TinkerDined on 5/3/2014Food was fabulous and service was fantastic! Would recommend it to anyone looking for a delicious meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Buffalo's FinestTCBFLODined on 5/3/2014We had a nice time having a drink at the bar before dinner, it had a nice crowd, very friendly bartenders, the Kentucky derby was on the TV and my husband enjoyed the mint juleps. Dinner was exceptional. The arugula salad was huge and excellent. My husband had the basil and mozzarella salad, also excellent. The prawns the people at the table next to us smelled so amazing we had to have them :) They were absolutely delicious served over linguini in garlic sauce with grated parmesan. We both took half of it home the portion was such a nice size. Drinks were great, nice wine choices. Our server was very friendly, service was great! We have been here frequently but this was definitely one of the best meals we have had here. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 39th Anniversery CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014This was our 1st time at Hutch's. A great atmosphere, great food and everyone was so professional. I likes the quiet, adult atmosphere although there were so very well-behaved children there. I will definitely go again.Special Features:
- go eat hereBillDined on 5/2/2014We are very picky when it comes to eating out due to the fact that we are gourmet cooks ourselves. This restaurant was the best we have been to in a very long time. The veal porterhouse was to die for(had it cooked medium). Would go back again for sure! (We live 1-1/2 hours a way)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaleR11VIPDined on 4/29/2014I felt the food was okay, but not for the price charged. I probably will not return although the service and wine list were excellentSpecial Features:
- Great meal at Hutch'sLGelDined on 4/26/2014Hutch's has a great menu with somewhat traditional steak and other meat dishes, but also has innovative small and large plates, such as an excellent tuna tartar, a riff on jambalaya that was very tasty and a succulent halibut with a mushroom sauce, with scallops and shrimp. Nice wine list, with enough moderately priced wines to make it affordable. Super-excellent professional service. Dinner for two with tip was $115, so it's an expensive night out.Special Features:
- kaykay2Dined on 4/26/2014I heard it is one of the best in Buffalo...Have been twice and was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Hutch's is outstandingJoellervr12Dined on 4/25/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for over 8 years. It is among the first I recommend to others and everyone I have ever taken here agrees that the food, service and beverage choices are outstanding. The soups, crafted salads, appetizers (Poblano pepper, calamari, ceviche), entrees and the famous cookie cup will not disappoint. I cannot wait to go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffalo's finestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Outstanding restauranrt with all food high quality. The new whiskey bar has an unbelievable selection with highly knowledgeable bartendersSpecial Features:
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Never had a bad meal here, service is always wonderful and I love their wine list. Can't make a bad choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in BuffaloOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014Once again Hutch's lived up to it: the best restaurant in Buffalo, New York. Food was superb and service was excellent. Place was full but not noisy so it was possible to have a conversation. Terrific wine selections. Lovely deserts. Will return very soonSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014Loved Hutch's. We come once a year to celebrate our brother's birthday. It was his favorite place. The service was spectacular from the moment we walked in the door. The food was delicious! Hot, fresh, and perfectly complimented with the wine selection. We have already recommended Hutch's to many of our friends! Thank you so much!Special Features:
- Annual DinnerTheAlaimosDined on 4/14/2014Every year we at least find one reason or another to visit our favorite Buffalo restaurant. We love it here for its fabulous food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExemplaryMaggieFDined on 4/11/2014Attentive, knowledgable, formal and down-to-earth young waitstaff. The only thing was I wish I was seated in a more cozy area (I was right in the front window). Diverse menu and well-prepared food. Probably in my top 3 dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!HoytDined on 4/11/2014Hutchs is consistently one of the best in buffalo city dining. Can't get any fresher or well prepared, whether it's seafood or steak, it's all divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceSallyDined on 4/7/2014As usual, my expierence at Hutch's was great! The food was excellent, as was the service. We like to go to Hutch's for a special occasion, such as aniversary, birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodGourmetDined on 4/7/2014I worked as a contractor in Buffalo for 10 months, and my meal at Hutch's was, by far, the best meal I had. Superb food, excellent service, great atmosphere. I have enjoyed fine dining in many places throughout the United States, and Hutch's is in the top 1 percent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food + Staff = 5 Star HappinessMaryFranDined on 4/7/2014The staff was appropriately attentive - not hovering but always taking care of details. I had the shrimp and lobster bisque. It was creamy without being heavy, with bits of lobster on top. I also had the Maryland oysters. Having lived in Maryland, I can happily say Hutch's did the oysters proud. My mom loved her Ceasar salad. She also had the strip steak, with mashed potatoes, grilled vegetables, topped with lovely onion rings. She loved every bite. Dessert topped off a wonderful meal. I had a beautifully made lace cookie filled with whipped cream and seasonal fruit sitting on caramel sauce. My mom had cheesecake in a carrot cake crust. I don't normally like cheesecake but this was not overly sweet - perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffalos bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014Outstan ding restaurant in Buffalo,NY that rivals the best restaurants in other cities.Great whiskey bar that has extensive selection of bourbons, rye, scotch and irish whiskey. the menu for dinner has so many outstanding selections it makes the choice diddicultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.