Hussong's Cantina Reno
407 N Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Hussong's Cantina Reno
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hussongsreno.com/
- Phone: 7753257395x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Noe Alcala
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout
- Catering: We can provide and accommodate a wide variety of situations catered to your requests.
A word from Hussong's Cantina Reno
Hussong’s Cantina is bringing the flavor of the oldest bar in Mexico and birthplace of the first Margarita to Silver Legacy Resort and Casino Reno, along with unbelievably delicious Baja inspired food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hussong's Cantina Reno reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Awesome69PontiacDined on 9/12/2014Eaten here many times. Everyone I take here, loves everything from food, atmosphere, and customer service. Sam the waiter has been my server numerous times. Great server. Very friendly and quick to serve you. Will eat there again and pass the word on to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Taco'sNevadaGDined on 8/22/2014The service was great! I had the best Margarita I've had in a long time, and the Rib Eye taco's were great. My wife had a Chimichanga, which she enjoyed but the flavor was a little rich. She described it as a mix between Mexican and Italian. She'd probably try something else next time. I'd drop in here just for the chips, salsa and an Original Margarita.Special Features:
- Unique choicesDNJ4CALIDined on 7/26/2014Went here after Terry Fator show. Was nicely surprised that they took reservations at 10:00pm. I had the skirt steak stuffed Chili Relleno. It was nicely presented and very tasty! I am very particular and this one is a top pick! The pepper was cooked perfectly abd the steak was tender, juicy and full of flavor. My wife had the Chicken Enchiladas which were equally add good. The server was very nice. He did a great job. Something you don't always see late night. Keep in mind this is on the main concourse of the Silver Legacy so the noise level is high and the floor flexes when crowds go by. If that bothers you, you will want to sit towards the inside/bar. Overall great service and very good food. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Hussong's Cantina Reno reviews archive.
- Hussongs in RenoChicagoVIPDined on 4/18/2014Visited Hussong's in Reno using a Groupon and OpenTable reservation. The chips and salsa were excellent, as was the margarita. I had fish tacos and they were fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service, bad foodHUE166VIPDined on 3/28/2014I was really surprised at how poor the service was here. They forgot our appetizers, didn't bring us drinks and when they finally did they didn't refill them...then the order was wrong...the salsa was underseasoned...the meat undercooked. This is the only bad experience I've had with an open table restaurant.
- good find inside the silver legacy!byoselfVIPDined on 3/19/2014service was good, had to add to the existing reservation which wasn't a problem. food good, would go back and eat again. the margarita is for 2, not 1....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You should make fresh beansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014You should make fresh beans and rice. Tasted terrible looked like glue
- Won't be returningAnniePDined on 3/14/2014The food was bland, even the salsas. We had chicken tacos (which were the best of the food items), quesadilla, and chicken enchiladas. We did like the chips. The server never returned after we received our food to find out how it was. Since it was not good and we sent it back, we had no time or interest in ordering something else. Poor food and poor service do not constitute a return visit.
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Margaritas were strong and had a bitter under taste to them, we only drank half and switched to water. My Skirt Steak Chile Relleno had a good flavor, but I did not get putting it on top of a "crispy tostada" - the tostada absorbed the juices from the food on top of it and had no crispness - I wasn't sure what the purpose was. My husband had the Carnitas Tacos, and he thought the meat was lukewarm. When a manager (?) stopped by our table and asked how things were, we were told that the salsa that they put on top of the meat caused the temp of the meat to drop; the margaritas were made with 1.5 shots of tequila and should not have been that strong. He did take 20% off our bill, but I really can't see us stopping in there again.
- greatplace2dinegreatplace2dinDined on 1/31/2014Outstanding service ,The food was great and the manager was very helpful with everything we needed . Thank you we are new to the area ,we moved to Reno six months ago and your this is our new favorite place .Again Thank You for a fun time .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Las Vegas location was SuperiorOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/21/2014I had dinner at the Hussong's at the Mandalay with some friends and loved it so much I made it a point to visit the Hussong's at the Silver Legacy in Reno. I was disappointed in the quality of the food. Service was excellent.
- Vegan FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014The food was very good and I like the fact that they have their own vegan menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service-fair foodptownDined on 12/26/2013We had a larger party (13) and it was the day after Chrisymas, so I had concerns. They were setup for us on time and the service was very good. For being the originator of the margarita (so says the menu), the margaritas were just decent. Nothing that would make me go back there for another one. The food was also decent, but not anything too memorable. The place was a bit noisy, however, as we had kids in out party, it worked out pretty well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ImpressionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013This was my first visit to Hussong's. The food was quite good and our server was very friendly and efficient. I chose this restaurant because i was going to attend a show a block away and this was a convenient place to park, meet and walk to the event. The location for this restaurant is in the concourse between the Silver Legacy and the Eldorado casinos. It is quite loud and open to the public walking by, not the place for a quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MargaritasDCBJylVIPDined on 12/2/2013Nothing fancy about Hussong's but good food and good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st visitTravelbugDined on 10/28/2013We stopped in for a quick refreshment and snack while awaiting friends and before moving on to the next event. Service was great, would be back later. Menu looked good and nicely priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reno SpotlightTravelbugDined on 10/27/2013Good service and view of casino area. Great for people watchers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and service!!WToddDined on 10/12/2013It seems that you have to compromise in Reno for Service, Food, and Ambience. Not so here. The place is pretty small, so either make reservations or sit at the bar, which is open seating, it filled up rather quickly. Service was quick and attentive... Hostess was very friendly too! The only gripe was that they were "out" of taquitos which leads one to believe that these actually come frozen, and aren't freshly made. Guacamole was great. Chips are above par vs. other Mexican restaurants. Great drink menu!Special Features:
- Too loudtimesurfer7Dined on 9/27/2013Place was small, food was good but overall was too noisy. Husband loved the salsa and chips, rice and beans but I thought they were bland and tasteless. Their rendition of a Chili Relleno was different but tasty. Not wrapped in an egg white and deep fried like traditional but a chili opened on a crispy (suppose to be crispy but was not by the time it was delivered to the table) tortilla with pieces of meat, cheese and a sour cream sauce on top. Will go again as hubby loved it but will try something different next time. Always looking for a great Mexican place, since we just moved here to Reno, but have yet to find it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.