Hussong's Cantina - Las Vegas
3930 S. Las Vegas Blvd, #121B
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Hussong's Cantina - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hussongslasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7026326450
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Vegetarian / Vegan, Mexican
- Executive Chef: William Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Rock' N' Roll Mariachis playing every Wednesday thru Saturday night playing traditional Latin Tunes, as well as unexpected international hits such as "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd or "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey.
A word from Hussong's Cantina - Las Vegas
Hussong's Cantina & Taqueria opened in 1892 in Ensenada Mexico. Hussong's invented the Margarita in 1941 by bartender Don Carlos Orozco. The name Hussong's has attached itself to chili cook-offs, tee-shirts, bumper stickers, beer, wine and tequila. Laugh and sing along with the rock 'n' roll mariachi bands or enjoy an Original Margarita. Whenever you visit Hussong's you perpetuate the legend.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Hussong's Cantina - Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Mandalay Bay Resort ›
Hussong's Cantina - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good FoodJulieDined on 9/19/2014We had a group of 6 and were placed at a table next to the entrance so we had a better view of the mall/shoppes than of the restaurant. But, the food was excellent and the service was great. The Mariachis stopped by our table and were fun, friendly, non-intrusive as some can be. I would definitely eat here again next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOklahomaDined on 9/1/2014Very poor food and our server that night was not very good. I had shrimp tacos, 1-3 pieces of shrimp per taco. All you taste on shrimp taco was slaw. My other daughter had nachos which she had to send back due to they came out cold. Fagitas are descent but portion size is very small. Would be nice place to break for cocktail but not good food or service at allSpecial Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014The pozole soup was very delicious. The chicken flautas were huge. Enough for two to share. The sopes were okay.Special Features:
- Hussong's CantinaDM24Dined on 8/20/2014Way too expensive for what you get. Love the location, close to the Luxor and Mandalay Bay but the food is just ok. Portions are pretty small and way over priced! I would not recommend.Special Features:
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014we love coming here every time we visit vegas. the food is wonderful as well as the service.Special Features:
- Great Staff, Great FoodtosharificDined on 8/10/2014I've left a review before, but I believe that they deserve another one. We enjoy eating at Houssong's when we are attending events at Mandalay Bay (and sometimes just when we want good Mexican/Tex-mex food). On this occasion, the food was delicious as always and our server was excellent. However, I accidentally dropped my cell phone onto the floor instead of into my purse. We were happily seated at the event before I realized it was missing. The hostesses we super nice and managed to find my phone between our telephone conversation and my sprint back through the hotel. They even gave me a glass of water once I had my phone and caught my breath. Just excellent service and friendly staff all the way around. We love Houssong's!
- Fun friendly restaurant!luvsgoodfoodDined on 7/25/2014We stopped in for a quick dinner before starting a pub crawl for a bachelorette party. Servicer was very good, had great suggestions on margarita choices and boy was she on point!! The fresh strawberry margarita she recommended was amazing! We tried the steak nachos and tacos and they were very good! I would come back again!!Special Features:
- Vegan MenudpsctDined on 7/23/2014The vegan menu is what caught my attention. I was in Las Vegas an went 2 of the 4 nights in town. It impressed me that a waiter welcomed me back. I wish there was a place like this near where I liveSpecial Features:
- great vegan optionsfoodlackyVIPDined on 7/9/2014Vegan options are getting really easy to find in Vegas! I really wanted to try this place based on the vegan menu option. The food was actually great (I had the vegan chile relleno) except for the slop that they call guac. For $9 we expected table side or maybe hand made, we got a sloppy scoop in a dish that they admitted came pre-mixed (couldn't take out the jalapeno). The drinks were good but took forever... and it seems they didn't actually put in the meal order until after the drinks showed up. The reason for 2 star instead of 3 or 4 was the attitude of the host. Only 8 minutes late, she said that our table had been given away (half empty restaurant so just not true) then we saw her seat someone on crutches at a table with tall chairs.Special Features:
- CamfamVIPDined on 7/7/2014Got there early so sat at the bar before dinner. Jonathan, the bartender, provided great service. Drinks and food were delicious.Special Features:
- Good food & fun; a little priceyNancyWDined on 7/5/2014It is a little tight and might be tough for larger parties, but since there were just two of us we didn't mind. It is loud, and the roaming mariachi singers certainly add to it. They are fun though--the person who complained that they are off-key and awful must either have been having a bad day or just doesn't have a high threshold for fun. The food was good--however, we got our entrees before the guacamole appetizer, & because the entrees were so large, we barely touched the guac. Waste of $8. They should have taken it off the check but didn't. I wanted a margarita but the prices are ridiculous. $18 for the one with Grand Marnier? No way. Settled for an overpriced draft beer instead. It's good but Border Grille is better for the money.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice foodKimmiDined on 6/16/2014The food here was fresh and there were lots of it. I loved the cocktails and there is plenty of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's gone down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014I had to send the chili relleno back because the chili wasn't cooked. It was literally raw. Disappointing because that is specifically what I went there for. I've had it there in the past and it was great. I ordered enchiladas after sending the chili relleno back and it was just ok. Sadly, the food's gone notably downhill since I've been there last. The service was good though.
- Great happy hourvampsoulDined on 6/10/2014Went for happy hour on our first night in Vegas and had the best (and strongest) margaritas we've ever had along with excellent pork tacos and nachos. The value of the drinks and appetizers was amazing. We will definitely return on our next visit.Special Features:
- Yummy GuacamoleGinnyVIPDined on 6/9/2014The guacamole was pretty good, nice and full of lime. The rest of the food was good, not spectacular, but good solid Mexican food.Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the Hussong's Cantina - Las Vegas reviews archive.
- Hussongs for lunch!ChicagoVIPDined on 5/23/2014There were 4 of us dining, and we had fish tacos and shrimp tacos. It was plenty of food (especially with chips and salsa)Special Features:
- Loud enough to make you nauseousBeantownDined on 5/16/2014Four of us went to dinner this past Friday night before attending a beach concert at Mandalay Bay where we were staying. From the moment we walked in a group of 3 roving singing "caballeros" started singing at the top of their lungs. Out of tune I might add. One top off our table all the time. It's a small space. Conversation impossible. Comments to our waitress went unneeded. Who cared about the food or drink. Obnoxious. environment. One little boy at the table next to us looked scared to death. They kept singing. Ugh!!
- Great Italian food!Jimmcg17Dined on 5/15/2014Wow is all I can say. A short can ride from the strip. Amazing good, great service, great cocktails. Will be on our "must visit" list everytime we hit Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GoodLuvitorhateitDined on 5/14/2014This restaurant was not good at all. The experience was poor from the start. The hostess took us to the last table in the restaurant, which was dirty and near the restroom. It wouldn't be so bad if the place was full, but there were empty tables everywhere. The place looked nothing like the photos. The furniture wasn't clean and it looked very worn, not the modern look in the photos at all. The food was not good and the presentation was clearly a "D". The place was a bust for us. The prices were the only thing good.
- Limited late night menuHBfoodieVIPDined on 5/9/2014Our first visit to Hussongs. The decor was eclectic and our server was helpful, but seemed a little bored. Since it was late we were limited to just a few items on the menu. We ordered the Carnitas Street Tacos. They were tasty but came wrapped in a single tortilla. We asked our server why they were not double wrapped and she stated "they use to be, but not any longer." As a result they fell apart in our fingers. We also tried an Original Hussong's Margarita which was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/9/2014We had a group of 6 and it was a blast. Great food and the Mariachi band was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to Dineluv2dineVIPDined on 5/7/2014This would be a great restaurant to go just for a drink or for dinner with family and friends. It was very loud and energetic, as the restaurant was packed when we sat down for dinner. The food was very good for the overall portions and quality. Everyone seemed to be having a good time and enjoying themselves.Special Features:
- great food, fun atmosphereTheRapatDined on 5/5/2014My friends and I dined at Hussong's after seeing a show in Mandalay Bay. We made reservations via OpenTable because it was Cinco de Mayo so we thought it would be packed. The food was fantastic, reasonably priced and came out quick. A great Mariachi band came to our table while we waited and they were hysterical. They played any genre of music you wanted. We requested Rap and tried to stump them but they were great. The place was very reasonably priced although in Mandalay Bay and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Try the fajitas- they were wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014We decided to eat here since we were planning to see the Michael Jackson Cirque De Soleil at Mandalay Bay as well. The service was fast-food came out even faster-yummy drinks and food! Would highly recommend!
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/24/2014the staff was very helpful. there was a band playing which was great ambiance. the food was excellent. will always visit when in vegasSpecial Features:
- Veggie Friendly OptionsVeggieLoverDined on 3/9/2014We went here because of the Vegan options on the menu. The food was great except the Mango-Habanero Guac. That lacked kick you would expect from habanero. Also, it didn't have any salt. The service was pretty poor. We never got any water, but we did get ONE basket of chips the whole night while I watched others get multiple baskets without asking.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceVegFoodieDined on 2/22/2014I picked this restaurant because they had a vegan menu, and overall it seemed like the reviews were favorable. On the vegan menu, tacos claimed to be served in double tortillas, each filled with breaded zucchini and cabbage and these had none of those things. There were roasted veggies (mostly potatoes and onions) on single tortillas and my vegan tacos were topped with cheese! We faced similar disappointment with our margaritas which were served in pint glasses. I really wanted to like Hussong's Cantina, but the only positive came with the chips and salsa.Special Features:
- A Find in the shops at Mandalay BayFranVIPDined on 2/14/2014Good Mexican/Tex-Mex food with entertainment !! One of the best ceviches we have had!!
- 21st Birthday CelebrationLizP909Dined on 1/18/2014Reservation made through Open Table was easy. Hussongs called me that morning to confirm. They allowed me to bring a small birthday cake and provided plates and forks. Food was fun and yummy. Margaritas were delicious! Our server was fast, friendly, and efficient! All in all it was a great night for our group of 16. The Mariachis were awesome too! I'd come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Las Vegas customer dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014I took 5 customer's to the restaurant. We were attending the PPAI tradeshow at Mandalay Bay. Our wait staff were informative and prompt. The 3 piece band was very fun and engaging. The food good. A nice experience - thank you.Special Features:
- Best margaritas in town!ContinentalDinerDined on 1/16/2014We recently took some clients here for dinner and the atmosphere was fun, the service was excellent and the margaritas are the best we've found in LV so far. The mariachi band was a little too loud for the small room, but they were still fun and really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and very loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/4/2013Service was slow. Food was overpriced, though tasty. Staff was friendly. Mariachi band was very loud and not good performers. Was looking for a fun dining environment to have dinner with colleagues. This was not the right place to have a conversation.
- Vegas dinnerHollyJoDined on 11/16/2013Chose to eat here with other couples in Vegas. Food was good, service was good, the singers were loud and could not here each other at all. Fun but not if you want to talk to each other--:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations too high...ehogan45Dined on 11/2/2013Pros: Our server was great. He was originally from Bend, Oregon, that's a "good" thing. Mariachi band was energetic and entertaining. Cons: Food was only "so-so". Roasted corn had some flavor but appeared to be previously frozen. The kernels were small and mushy. Rellanos were the "new" reconstructed style. Pablano pepper was too spicy (and I like spicy). The black beans were way over salted. Blackberry margarita was more blackberry than margarita.Special Features:
- Nothing to write home about.JulesDined on 10/26/2013Food was so-so.Drinks were yummy. Service was good.
- margarita fun!.vicki8227VIPDined on 10/19/2013We had a great time - especially the margaritas!!!Special Features:
- The choice for Mexican in VegasMicahBVIPDined on 9/23/2013This restaurant offered the convenience of being on the strip (in the Shoppes at Mandalay), while also being quite convenient--since I was staying in Mandalay Bay. Avoid the high priced option in the Casino and check out the more reasonable, yet very good dining options up the escalator between Mandalay and Luxor. We also had the bonus of dining during a football game, where there were drink specials as well (a great $10 margarita). The food was excellent. Standard offerings plus some specials. Perfect for a casual lunch or dinner in Vegas. The rib eye special on this night was worth it. Although the rib eye tacos on the menu were also very good. Fresh guac. And friendly service--from the wait staff and management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once was enoughrettakDined on 9/21/2013On the positive the hostess was able to move my reservation up since I was available earlier than expected. The restaurant is sort of narrow so anyone with a loud voice or laugh noise just bounced off the walls. That night there were four women whose laughter sounded so loud literally could not hear the waiter. As for the menu decided to do tortilla soup then Flautas.The Flautas were served then sometime later the soup. During this time my waiter was here there it was so noisy could not get his attention without drawing attention to myself in a not so positive manner. By the time server showed up was trying to finish my not so warm meal and did not complain. Just wanted out because I was getting a headache.(Was a SAT night)Special Features:
- Where's the Mexican Food????OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2013This place was far from Mexican food, the food was terrible, our waiter Elio kept singing songs out loud that were playing in the restaurant....not cool. We ordered cheese queso as an appetizer, it was so runny it would even stay on the chips. Wait....I'm not finished it was "Happy Hour" and the second drink I ordered came in a smaller glass. When I confronted our amigo, Elio he tried to tell me it held the same amount the glass was just wider!!!???!!! Save your money and find a Taco Bell!
- VERY CUTE RESTAURANT, TOOLisalouDined on 8/31/2013VERY CUTE RESTAURANT, TOO BAD THE FOOD IS AWEFUL. THE MARGARITA WAS OKAY.