76 Queen Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.huskrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8435772500
- Hours of Operation:
Restaurant Lunch: 11:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday Dinner: 5.30-10 p.m. Sunday-Thursday; 5:30-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday Brunch: 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Sunday Bar 4 p.m.-close daily Thanksgiving Day: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.; Christmas Eve Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Dinner: 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Closed Christmas Day; New Years Eve Lunch: 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Dinner: 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Closed New Years Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chef Sean Brock
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: At this time Husk is not able to accommodate private events.
A word from Husk Restaurant
Occupying adjacent spaces on Queen Street, Husk’s structures date back to the late 1800s. The main dining room, constructed in 1893, evokes the grandeur of Charleston, and speaks to the transformation of the city over time. Victorian details and turned columns were layered over the original Queen Anne-style façade through the years, and the buildings fell into disrepair until discovered by Husk ownership. The Neighborhood Dining Group President David Howard set into a motion an extensive remodeling effort of both. Although both buildings retain their antique charm and stately character, the renovations imbued each with a modern, minimalist theme. Like the reinterpreted food served within, each space has been laid bare, revealing reclaimed floors, original windows, and exposed brick throughout. The main house features an open kitchen with a wood-burning oven and dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Husk Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Husk Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
739 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (586)special occasion (402)neighborhood gem (277)romantic (250)hot spot (237)great for lunch (237)notable wine list (158)great for brunch (123)good for groups (91)vibrant bar scene (77)great for outdoor dining (76)scenic view (30)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (13)Show More
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014This was my first time to Husk and it came highly recommended. We had an amazing lunch there the service was great and the food was even better. Best shrimp and grits I have had in My life. The Pimento Cheese Appetizer was awesome even down to the ginger ale. I do not have a single bad thing to say about this place. It was GREAT!!Special Features:
- Wonderful, fresh foodAngieoDined on 9/28/2014Husk has great food and great service. Everything was very fresh and presented very appealingly. Eating there was the highlight of my trip to Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch with FamilyluvCharlestonVIPDined on 9/28/2014Best cheese grits in Charleston.Wonderful omelet and great biscuits and gravy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2TravelDined on 9/27/2014Had two bad wines. Service was way below expectations given that it is so highly recommended we hardly saw our server. I think this experience is overrated and I had too high of thoughts coming in.Special Features:
- Fantastic Spot All-AroundCARWDined on 9/27/2014My hubby and I visited Husk while on vacation, and we had the best Charleston restaurant experience at Husk, hands down. We arrived early to our reservations and although our table was not ready quite yet, we walked next door to Husk's bar to have a drink beforehand. The staff there is excellent at communicating with one another, so that we knew immediately when our table was ready. We sat on the upper-level outside deck for dinner. Our waitress was friendly and welcoming, but not over the top-- it was genuine; she was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, even with the daily menu changes. We were so impressed with our food, service and loved the atmosphere. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Outstanding!travelingkatVIPDined on 9/27/2014The menu is rather small -- assuring you that everything is excellent, and it absolutely is! We encountered a little snootiness with two hostesses when requesting an outside table (there were 7 open, and they stuck us in the wall corner of a large room with NO ONE in it ... and yet we waited 15 minutes for our reservation 11:45 am.) But all of that was quickly forgotten when we had probably our favorite meal in Charleston. Our waiter was darling, helpful, and provided spot-on choices for us. This restaurant DOES live up to its reputation for outstanding cuisine -- and I would imagine for service too, overall. To Husk: Hostesses are your FIRST impression, and it does matter in maintaining your well-deserved high marks.Special Features:
- HuskOPGuestDined on 9/26/2014My best friend and I had a FANTASTIC time! The food was incredible!!! Our waiter was friendly and attentive. No complaints at all! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Best meal in Charleston !DotsyDined on 9/25/2014Food was great, decor and ambiance was the right mix of hip and refined and the bar was the most fun scene we experienced in Charleston. cant wait for our next trip back ( from NY) and to tell all our friendsSpecial Features:
- Husk rocksNeilVIPDined on 9/25/2014Friendly informative service and amazingly flavorful local food. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at the HuskMaryDined on 9/25/2014I ordered the grouper which was excellent. My husband however ordered the chicken which had such a strange concoction of flavors, we both thought it unappealing and could not finish it. The ambiance was great as well as the service. We will return there again.Special Features:
- Husk reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We had a great experience at Husk. The young staff members were knowledgeable and attentive. The food was served hot and as described. The side of veggies were overcooked. The chess pie was unusual and worth the calories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough menuDVaethDined on 9/24/2014We were here end of September on a brisk evening and options of chilled soup on the menu and fish with a side of summer squash seemed out season. Good wine list and great seating outside on the upper porchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charleston GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2014This restaurant was recommended highly to us. The restaurant utilizes an old home and it has kept a lot of its character with rooms on multiple levels and porches. The food and service is amazing. Their bar is located next door in a brick service/carriage house. The exposed beams provide an interesting decor.Special Features:
- HuskbgmatthewsDined on 9/23/2014Rated tops for me! Lunch was exceptional. Wait staff was friendly and helpful with questions.Special Features:
- Great southern foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014This restaurant was recommended by some locals. Four of us were visiting from Utah for our 60th birthdays. We went for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed our food and the service. The pimento cheese was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014Food and service were wonderful. Nice atmosphere, not pretentious and the food was amazing. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing...TES424Dined on 9/21/2014One of the best meals I have had in a while, and service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great CatfishBrunchDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed Sunday brunch at Husk. Catfish was superbly cooked monist in the cornmeal, which was a perfect amount, not thick. The vegetables were fresh and perfectly cooked as well. Use of local products is certainly a plus, but a chef who knows what to do with them is probably the key to the successful dish. Waiter was enthusiastic and knowledgeable about what the restaurant offered and genuinely pleased that we were pleased. I had a virgin Bloody Mary, wonderfully spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Brunch!kleitch79VIPDined on 9/21/2014I had been wanting to visit Husk for quite some time. We typically drop into town when at the beach and it was long overdue. My bride had Shrimp and Grits while I enjoyed their famous Cheeseburger. Fresh and delicious! Everything about Husk from their targeted use of local foods, amazing and innovative bar menu, and phenomenal customer service... they are certainly a favorite for the heart of Charleston.Special Features:
- Yummy 1yummy1Dined on 9/19/2014Food was amazing service even better !! It was our 6th wedding Anniversary and they printed a nice message for us on our menu. The smallest of touches means so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014I went to this restaurant for lunch with my friends on Friday, three ladies including me. Two of us ordered same dish, shrimp and grits. When they came to our table they were not hot enogh, they seems like waiting for 5 minites on the serving table for waiting one more order to be ready for our table. It was tasty but I was kind of disappointed for my dish.Special Features:
- Everyone was perfectly satisfiedOhioVIPDined on 9/18/2014Took dear friends to Husk. Everything was perfect. Food was delicious, we could select a known but unusual wine, service was attentive and friendly, yet professional, and we could hear each other. We will continue to return.Special Features:
- GO !!potbellyVIPDined on 9/18/2014WOW! Husk elevates wonderful low coutry "Southern" cuisine to an art form. Just fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dream FulfilledOntheroadDined on 9/18/2014First visit to Husk fulfilled a long-standing wish to visit a great restaurant while in Charleston for the day. We were seated immediately (we had a reservation), greeted by friendly faces and treated with warmth and professionalism. From the amazing menu to the food presented, this is a meal I won't ever forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UN. REAL.MBandMBDined on 9/18/2014We booked a table ahead of time and ran behind due to traffic. They held our table for us without question. When we got there, we had a beautiful table next to window and within sight of the kitchen (big plus for me to watch chefs work their magic). Our server Heath was on top of everything. Knowledgable, courteous, funny, and very attentive. The rest of the staff also were helpful in refilling glasses and checking on us (great management style).They had given us complimentary sparkling cider for our honeymoon lunch (and even printed Congrats on the menus which we got to keep). Can't say enough about the food. It was the best we've had. Just trust me when I say to try everything you can, and you will not leave disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited selectionscus2121VIPDined on 9/17/2014The menu selections were limited and too different for average to above average patrons especially in Charleston however fit for foodies for a one-time experienceSpecial Features:
- Simply deliciousluv2dineDined on 9/17/2014The ambiance is spare, clean wood and glass without color or pretense to distract from the food. Attention to the food then, must be made. The pork was delicious. Two companions had chicken with a lovely cabbage and apple accompaniment. The pork ribs starter made a sufficient and comforting meal for the third, charred just perfectly to retain the juices! Nice evening, prompt attention and will be recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The pork dish and the roasted chicken both had way too much salt for our tasteSpecial Features:
- The food is fantastic!clynncDined on 9/16/2014I live in Tx and heard a local radio host talking about Husk...praising the food. Knowing i would be visiting Charleston in a couple of months i made reservations. Our party of four enjoyed everything from wine and appetizers to dessert. Each course was so flavorful, creative with local fresh ingredients. Even my husband who prefers burgers and pizza loved his steak! The grouper and pork were other choices we all loved. Expect to spend a bit, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husk to HuskMarkDined on 9/16/2014We had twice dined at Husk Nashville and planned two days in Charleston so we could try the original Husk and McCrady's. We were not disappointed. We shared fried chicken skins and the chilled sweet corn soup for starters. Local chicken with spiced pecans and pan fried cabbage was excellent. The show-stopper was the Slow Cooked Heritage Pork, Black Eye Peas with Country Ham and Smoky Tomato Jus, Spicy Mustard Greens. Carolina IPA was the perfect beverage pairing with the latter.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent.SolodinerDined on 9/16/2014This place is fantastic. Every employee I encountered was wonderful and very helpful. I cannot wait to come back here again. Do not miss Husk!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BSinLBDined on 9/16/2014The marinated peaches appetizer was outstanding! Could have eaten that for dinner too. The heritage pork was highly recommended and more than lived up to expectations. The chess pie was terrific, although blackberry sauce was listed on the menu and we wound up with blueberry instead. Good but where were the blackberries?Special Features:
- Local favoriteAndieVIPDined on 9/16/2014I love lunching at Husk. The shrimp and grits are a favorite, as well as any salad with the buttermilk dressing.Special Features:
- Best of Many Very Good in CharlstonLogoDined on 9/16/2014Just spent couple days/nights in CHS, hit numerous restos, two-four dishes at each. All good food but Husk (lunch) really hit a home run. Daily menu, southern sourced, modern southern. Typically charming Charleston décor, hard surfaces mean lots of noise which might bother some on a busy night. Lunch pricing very reasonable, nice glass wine list. Highly recommend for lunch (don't know dinner), would go back without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown awayAtlantaEaterDined on 9/15/2014We are originally from Nashville, so was familiar with Husk, but did not get to enjoy the location there. We transplanted to Atlanta, so made it priority to visit on our trip to Charleston. Husk did not disappoint! Everything was stellar, food was incredible. Drinks next door in the carriage house were great. Bourbon selection was good. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sean Brock at his beststarmcDined on 9/15/2014Had dinner here recently and we were not disappointed. Started with cocktails in the Carriage House bar next door. Our server, Greg, was a great help in selecting our dinner choices. Never had fried chicken skins before (an appetizer) and they were light and crispy. Entrees were on the mark!! Recommend an evening here without hesitation. (Reservations a must.)Special Features:
- YankeenptDined on 9/15/2014Excellent food courteous waiter nice ambiance did not disappoint us treated us goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best lunch in CharlestonLilyDined on 9/15/2014Lunch for 4. Tried lots of items. Everything was so tasty. Easy to have a conversation and great service. But most importantly - really good food!Special Features:
- A little disappointedfoodbeeDined on 9/14/2014I am not sure if it is because I went into it with such high expectations but we were a little disappointed at the food. I am attributing this to restaurant week because it was extremely busy etc. I was expecting to leave there saying "wow that was delicious!' However, I left feeling like I could have eaten the same thing somewhere else in Charleston for much cheaper. I love the whole concept of local farms and fresh food that Husk provides. It was most notable in my marinated peaches salad which was actually delicious as well as my husband's pimento cheese appetizer. Our entrees were the disappointing part. My atlantic lumberjack entree lacked a lot of flavor and his catfish was "okay."Special Features:
- Restaurant week.FlyingcranesDined on 9/14/2014This place did not disappoint. We went for our 1yr anniversary and they even printed it on our menus for us. The pigs ear lettuce wraps are were the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.