76 Queen Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.huskrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8435772500
- Hours of Operation:
Restaurant Lunch: 11:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday Dinner: 5.30-10 p.m. Sunday-Thursday; 5:30-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday Brunch: 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Sunday Bar 4 p.m.-close daily Thanksgiving Day: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.; Christmas Eve Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Dinner: 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Closed Christmas Day; New Years Eve Lunch: 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Dinner: 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Closed New Years Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chef Sean Brock
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: At this time Husk is not able to accommodate private events.
A word from Husk Restaurant
Occupying adjacent spaces on Queen Street, Husk’s structures date back to the late 1800s. The main dining room, constructed in 1893, evokes the grandeur of Charleston, and speaks to the transformation of the city over time. Victorian details and turned columns were layered over the original Queen Anne-style façade through the years, and the buildings fell into disrepair until discovered by Husk ownership. The Neighborhood Dining Group President David Howard set into a motion an extensive remodeling effort of both. Although both buildings retain their antique charm and stately character, the renovations imbued each with a modern, minimalist theme. Like the reinterpreted food served within, each space has been laid bare, revealing reclaimed floors, original windows, and exposed brick throughout. The main house features an open kitchen with a wood-burning oven and dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Husk Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Husk Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
774 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (639)special occasion (428)neighborhood gem (312)hot spot (281)romantic (264)great for lunch (243)notable wine list (170)great for brunch (127)good for groups (105)great for outdoor dining (93)vibrant bar scene (93)scenic view (31)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (16)Show More
- outforfoodVIPDined on 10/27/2014The fried chicken skins were good, but too rich and there was too much if it. I loved the glaze and peanuts with it. My entree of duck confit was delicious along with the black eyed peas, spicy sweet potato puree. The kale chips were delicious, but again the dish got too rich with the additional grease and richness. Innovative food, but southern rich!s5mccullysSpecial Features:
- Three Strikes You Are OutOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/27/2014We have dined here three times and although the food is very good they can't seem to honor their reservation times. We feel that making guests with a reservation wait 30 or more minutes for a table is unacceptable. Also unacceptable filling a walk up request ahead of a reservation. There are so many wonderful restaurants in the Charleston area that we will not spend our time and money at this one again. This is a much hyped restaurant and frankly we don't see that it stands out above many of the others. If you would like to try this restaurant stop by put your name on the list and take a stroll around the beautiful city, don't bother with a reservation just know that you will be waiting 30 to 60 minutes for a table regardless.Special Features:
- First timevolmanVIPDined on 10/27/2014Even better than advertised. Certainly worth the hard effort to get a table.Special Features:
- BillBillDined on 10/26/2014Husk is awesome! Great ambiance and vibe, excellent service and the food is incredible. It was a perfect evening. Also love the bar in the adjacent building. Make that the first stop. Fun!Special Features:
- Charleston RestaurantKingVIPDined on 10/26/2014Highly recommended and didn't disappoint - the food was fabulous! Would definitely eat here again if I find my way back to Charleston! Try a patio table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tummy says it's YummyJCStarnesVIPDined on 10/26/2014Perfect cocktails paired with delicious food, suggested and served by a knowledgeable and sweet waitress. Can't ask for more.Special Features:
- Worth the DriveOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/26/2014Drove from Savannah just for lunch at Husk after referrals from my foodie friends. I was alone so could not sample as many dishes as I would have liked, but the salad, the 'shrub' and signature shrimp and grits were worth the drive. Freshness makes a difference and the flavors were perfectly blended. The main course was rich but portions were right on point so I didn't feel too guilty eating everything! Decor/setting was quaint and welcoming and the service was friendly and attentive. Also liked the background and history behind the drinks and dishes included in the menu. Would definitely return and highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!aliciaDined on 10/26/2014We had a great time at Husk for brunch! The food was great, presentation was beatiful, and the service was knowledgable and pleasant. Would definitely go back if we head back to Charleston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dessert menuPattiInFloridaVIPDined on 10/25/2014We stopped in for dessert after a play. We had reservations thru open table, but had a bit of a wait at 10pm on a weekend night. The staff were professional but not overly friendly, a bit stuffy for Charleston, the staff will not step aside but run you over if you are in the way, and I am a little person. The desserts were great, but we had to wait even as tables emptied out. Most likely would not go back, too many other places to eat where food is good AND staff are friendly.Special Features:
- chriscwaDined on 10/25/2014I have been to this restaurant on several occasions-it never disappoints. We had a wonderful meal as always- the service was excellent. Can't wait until my next visit-Special Features:
- Husk was simply outstandingmissvidaliaDined on 10/25/2014As a former foodie, I thought the hype about Husk might be over-the the-top, but it more than met my expectations. Food was flavorsome and well presented, and the server was knowledgeable about flavors in incorporated in the foods. The bar scene in the next door building was lively with hand crafted cocktails of every persuasion. I would not only recommend Husk but plan to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014The food was excellent and different than other restaurants in town. it is rated five star because it is pricy and it is so difficult to get a table.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014All I can say is total amazed!!! unbelievable and planning on going back! 5 stars across the board! over-exceeded my expectation. a must when you visit Charleston! Charleston is lucky to have such a place in their on city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The Husk was a real treat! From the boiled peanut starter to the quail entree to the apple pot pie dessert, everything was smartly created and enjoyed immensely. The service was wonderful and the prices were fair given the superior quality of the foods. Make sure to call in or schedule online your reservation ahead of time in order to get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Very delicious food, just not enough choices for lunch.Special Features:
- A Charleston mustJulesVIPDined on 10/24/2014The four of us had a night to remember at Husk this weekend. For appetizers, the ribs and pig ear lettuce wraps were a must, while everyone at our table went mad for the duck - so tender! Don't forget to stop at Husk's bar next door for a pre-dinner cocktail, delightful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed dining at Husk. We would recommend it to anyone traveling to Charleston.Special Features:
- AmazingYummyDined on 10/23/2014Everything on the menu is incredible. Everything is fresh and local. The service was great and the waitress was very familiar with the drinks and food. We were seated on time. Very hard to get reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HuskOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/23/2014Ate here while visiting Charleston. This was the best dinner by far. Started with the lettuce wrapped pig ears def recommend and had the duck for the main course. Absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend going if you are in Charleston. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST if visiting Charleston.StinkyMHVIPDined on 10/22/2014Husk is amazing. A MUST is visiting Charleston. The flavors in all of the dishes were so different; so good... it is a real experience for your palate. From the biscuits to the dessert, Husk was outstanding. A reservation is absolutely necessary; make one way in advance. Started with the wood fire clams and literally paused at the first bite because it was so good. For entrees we had the catfish and duck. I strongly recommend the catfish as I have never had anything so delicious. The duck was good, don't get me wrong. For dessert, finished with the pecan cake which was so awesome. Stop at the bar first and try a local beer (suggest Holy City). The bartenders welcome each guest and point to seats or standing available.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014Our waitress was outstanding---friendly, attentive, helpful. The food was exceptionally good. My only complaint is that the serving was too small, even for a small man (I weight 135 pounds). The servings of my two companions were larger but they, too, I thought, should have been more generous. I would have happily paid a higher price for more food. I ate at Husk last year. I did not have the same impression regarding the size of the servings. I just remember loving the cuisine.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014From the service, which was impeccable, to the food, which was delicious, as expected, our latest Husk experience was a delight. We'll be back again on our next visit to Charleston.Special Features:
- Real FoodEatlocalDined on 10/21/2014Real food for real people. Husk takes ordinary food and makes it into dishes you wish your mother made.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Experience was overall very enjoyable. I would recommend to friends and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guests loved itLove2dine2Dined on 10/20/2014I was able to score reservations on Open Table for out of town friends. They loved it. We met in the cozy bar for drinks; then walked next door when our table was ready. All 3 of us had wonderful and different meals. The cornbread we all shared was to die for! My fiends were very impressed with the restaurant and how it had lived up to its reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff trainingBirthdaywomenover60Dined on 10/20/2014This time when we dined we found that the staff was good- but did not perform the small services like filling water glasses correctly- reached accross the table- not behind the person that they wanted to serve- also food great, service slower than normal-Special Features:
- Yum!alanahVIPDined on 10/19/2014Husk not only had ridiculous food but the bar is amazing! Cozy! Friendly! A step above!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014We had an awesome meal here. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Charleston HighlightJMJADined on 10/19/2014Dinner at Husk was the highlight of our trip to Charleston, SC. Dinner was beautifully prepared and presented, the service was impeccable and the wine exquisite.Special Features:
- ANNIVERSARY TRIPOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014We were in Charleston celebrating our anniversary and decided to try Husk on a friends recommendation and boy it did not disappoint. We went for Sunday brunch. My husband had the catfish and I did the steak and egg option and both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Foodiesfunfood22Dined on 10/19/2014Had a great brunch with my wife and daughter. Food was outstanding, creative and varied. Service was also very good along with the ambiance of the dinning experience. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014So Southern and charming! The food is outstanding and the servers are very theme-oriented yet authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014Evening did not start well due to a mix up as to who would service our table. After that was straightened out, service was excellent. My husband felt the dorado fish he ordered was exceptional and I enjoyed my wood-fired tofu as well. The sushi appetizer and pumpkin cheesecake desserts were also delicious. And the live music was a nice surprise that made the evening more enjoyable. Great place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible DinnerLisaRDined on 10/18/2014My daughter and I ate at Husk our last night in Charleston. We definitely saved the best for last. I never thought much about using fresh ingredients but wow could you taste the freshness. I had the flat iron steak and my daughter had the amberjack. They were incredible. And the pumpkin bread pudding and apple pot pie desserts were to die for. I don't usually write reviews but this meal was worth the effort.Special Features:
- Must ExperienceSevernaDined on 10/18/2014If your travels are taking you to Charleston, SC, book your table at Husk well in advance so you can enjoy a wonderful dining experience. If you have ever watched Mind of a Chef on PBS, you may already know about Chef Sean Brock, who operates Husk and is a well-known spokesperson for traditional Southern cuisine. Husk delivers! Food was excellent, wine list was imaginative, atmosphere was relaxing and service was attentive. Prices are reasonable, and the restaurant is on Queen Street, an easy walk from the Market. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeggyPJSDaytonDined on 10/18/2014Beautiful attention to food flavors, beautiful presentation, knowledgeable and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful time at Husk. The service was outstanding. The food was delicious...the bread is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food amazing. Wine list subparFitfoodieDined on 10/17/2014The food was spectacular! We had the Rappahannock oysters to start then cornmeal catfish with gumbo and the pork belly. Both couldn't have been any better. We were too full for dessert but if they have the chess pie next time, I will definitely order it. Wine list was lacking -- I will call before next time to see if we can bring our own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutandaboutDined on 10/17/2014This is my favorite dinner place for special occasions. As soon as visitors from out of town say they are coming I make the reservation. I have never been dissapointed!! Just love to enjoy Husks great food and excellent service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!Givingtree29Dined on 10/16/2014It's no surprise husk was rated the best restaurant in America in 2011. The ingredients are all local and the menu changes twice per day. The food was amazing. I had a piece of chicken that was so smooth and nearly melted in my mouth. The cheddar grits were fabulous and chocolate cake with peanut brittle was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.