Husk - Nashville
37 Rutledge Street
Nashville, TN 37210Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Husk - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.husknashville.com/
- Phone: 6152566565
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm-9:30pm; Friday and Saturday: 5:30pm-10:30pm
Lunch and Brunch beginning on June 3rd
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Sean Brock; Chef de Cuisine Morgan McGlone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Husk - Nashville
Husk is located in Rutledge Hill—just a few blocks south of Historic Broadway, in the heart of Downtown Nashville—is the newest outpost of the Neighborhood Dining Group and James Beard Award-winning Chef Sean Brock’s renowned restaurant, Husk. Led by Brock and Chef de Cuisine Morgan McGlone, the kitchen reinterprets the bounty of the surrounding area, exploring an ingredient-driven cuisine that begins in the rediscovery of heirloom products and redefines what it means to cook and eat in Nashville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Husk - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Husk - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
527 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (413)special occasion (327)neighborhood gem (201)romantic (185)hot spot (150)notable wine list (116)great for lunch (103)great for brunch (99)good for groups (65)scenic view (58)great for outdoor dining (43)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Great concept and location...but something was missing. Has the Cobb Salad...would not reccomend.
- aiiightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2014It was aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely divine!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Buttermilk Pumpkin Pie - Best pie I have ever had in my life.Special Features:
- Amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014One of the best meals of my life. Staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommend. Pricey, but worth the special occasion splurge.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014I loved the food. It was not overly complex. It was simple food cooked to perfection. I consider myself a fried chicken aficionado and the nod to Nashville's hot chicken was amazing. However, my favorite thing on the table was the tomato and okra stew. I cannot wait for my next trip to Nashville.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014excellent service, the best food we have had in Nashville. Only issue a bit loud. we would go back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit to HuskOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/26/2014After reading all the hoopla regarding Husk we decided to give it a try earlier this week. The atmosphere and service were both exceptional. The old home remodeled with nice artwork throughout made for that "at home" feel. The menu is unique and modified daily. With unique comes a challenge to decipher what all the ingredients are and how well they fit into to each other's palette of taste. The fish dish was tasty, but the beef was too fatty & tough for my liking. The noise level was loud only because of table of severly inebriated birthday party goers adjacent to us. Both deserts were good--the vanilla ice cream & pecan cake. The wine, beer and cocktail list should please just about everyone as long as you don't want Pinot Grigio.Special Features:
- FlavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My husband and I were first-timers to Husk and the food was exceptional. I had the catfish, he had the chicken - both were artfully cooked with sides that created flavorful explosions on our palates. Incredible and memorable. However, don't expect this experience to come cheap and be prepared to leave the table with plenty of room for dessert. These meals are not designed for the hearty eaters.Special Features:
- HuskHuskDined on 10/26/2014Our second visit and we loved it as much as the first time! Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Finally HuskNotenoughlolaDined on 10/25/2014Reservations for a Saturday a month in advance!? I was almost over it before the time came! But Husk lived up to the hype! Excellent food and service in a beautiful setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch ever.happyfoodproDined on 10/25/2014I've been a supervisor in the service/hospitality/food industry for nearly 20 years and was blown away by the level of quality. And at brunch no less. You guys rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up.AdnamayDined on 10/24/2014Great atmosphere. Great food. Great service. No complaints here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We came to town for a wedding and were VERY excited to go to Husk. It did not disappoint and exceeded expectations. We knew the food would be extraordinary but the environment was beautiful as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant on NashvilletetonssloverDined on 10/24/2014This is a must if you are in Nashville. The food is a wonderful mix of fresh ingredients that are hard to imagine together but end up waking up all of your taste buds. You have to try one of the Husk cocktail creations like the Parasol. We had to try a starter which we usually don't do but we didn't regret it. After the starter and the main corse we had to try dessert to see if it was as good as everything else and it did it disappoint us. The server was excellent and explained all of the dishes and gave excellent recommendations. The best thing you can do is not eat all day before you go to the Husk so you can try everything. Make sure you make a reservation well in advance.Special Features:
- A true gem!MuffyBDined on 10/23/2014Couldn't wait to finally get to Nashville and try out Husk. I was not dissapointed. Their playful use of ingredients did not fail to amaze me. The way they use locally sourced, in season ingredients to delight your palate. They reinvent classics like Steak tartare and elevate the exerience. The playful use of crispy potato strings within the beef and then topped simply with chopped celery for a fresh crunch; catfish that wasn't fried but delicate without any muddy taste. If only i had room for desssert, but that will have to wait until the next visit!Special Features:
- Exceptional food!FoodfindDined on 10/22/2014Great food and so different from everyone else. Dessert was luscious. Had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss a Husk Meal in NashvilleOnTheRoadDinerDined on 10/20/2014We had a wonderful evening of food, wine and conversation with a friend we haven't seen in ages. The service was pitch perfect. The food was delicious and surprising but not at all pretentious. My 79 year old mother declared the oysters were the best she's had in her life- and she's been eating oysters since she was a toddler! Lovely, lovely place to which I hope to return.Special Features:
- Excellent everythingVailDined on 10/19/2014Wonderful menus: bar, wen and food. Extraordinary restaurant. We loved it. An absolute GEM.Special Features:
- Great brunchjamieVIPDined on 10/18/2014Little disappointed with the temperature of my eggs Benedict but overall great brunch. The biscuits and pancake were amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BestNashvilleNewbieDined on 10/18/2014I never have a bad experience at Husk. The food is always delicious and the atmosphere is always divine. The beautifully designed restaurant is perfect, and the staff is accommodating. It is certainly a gem. Perfect for date night or brunch with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off night?Snr99999VIPDined on 10/17/2014The place was beautiful but every other aspect was sub-par. Service was indifferent - we were not offered bread although other tables were. The server split a salad used our too-small bread plates for that. I had catfish which was just OK. It had a lot of creative ingredients that didn't truly work together. The hangar steak was tasteless. We won't be back.
- Southern HipsterthegoodnewsDined on 10/17/2014Fantastic and phenomenal! Nashville you better treasure this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!VaFoodieDined on 10/17/2014We have tried dining at the SC location without success (so busy). Glad we got in here in Nashville. It was a meal that I will remember for a long time!Special Features:
- ExceptionalGrammieLDined on 10/17/2014An absolutely exceptional experience--superior and innovative menu, separate and elaborate bourbon list and cocktails, lovely atmosphere--all made amazingly exceptional by our server, Katelyn. We'll return to Nashville just for Husk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingNew2HoustonVIPDined on 10/15/2014Such a treat to find outstanding food (quality and freshness of ingredients, and proper execution and presentation), and very informed servers. They did an excellent job in describing and recommending dishes (including the wine selection). Very refreshing to find an overall impressive restaurant in Nashville. Having previously dined at Husk in Charleston, it was great to see the consistency with both locations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/15/2014One of the most unwelcoming restaurants I have ever been to. The rude and inconsiderate behavior of the receptionists hits one in the face as one walks in. And then it gets even worse. The trio of people at the reception treated our party as if we were interfering with their routine, held us waiting while chattering amongst themselves and made us feel unwelcome. Quality of the food was average at best and arrived late. Our waitress was very good and the only bright spot.
- Nice dinnerTdinerDined on 10/14/2014Had a reservation for 5:00 p.m. Arrived a little early and was accompanied to the bar area. Great drink choices for guys and wives. Dinner was excellent and ample.Special Features:
- A bit pretentiousRufusDined on 10/13/2014Each dish combined interesting flavors, well explained by our otherwise world-weary server. However for a party of 4 the shared 3-piece appetizer was awkward, with no offer to add a 4th (even for an additional charge), something that would have been noticed and cheerfully rectified by a less self-satisfied place. Likewise the 4 small rolls were quickly enjoyed and the basket whisked away with no reappearance nor offer of more. Entrees and desserts were tasty but on the small side. A manager? Owner? stopped by the table happy to praise the chef but did not ask about our experience and I suspect took us for hick tourists. So while everything was fine and professional, it was not particularly a warm experience and not one I would return to.Special Features:
- Movng ForwardatewellVIPDined on 10/12/2014I planned my entire trip around attending dinner here. Service started off nice but got very rushed. The food was delicious as I thought it would be, but the longer the meal went the less contact we had with the waiter. I know runners help but we talked more with the runners than the server..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerhpackDined on 10/11/2014Turned the appetizer list into our own personal tasting menu. Food was excellent with inventive flavor combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husk is magicalwilltravel4foodDined on 10/11/2014Everything about Husk is amazing. From the gracious and present service to the beautiful ambiance, and the delicious food. Our server was incredibly nice and knowledgeable about the menu, offering suggestions on sizing, sharing and flavor palates that were spot-on. One of her suggestions could have been an entree or shared appetizer called Vegetables 5 Ways that had unique takes on grits, hush puppies, etc. With 3 of us sharing this was a perfect way to sample the cuisine. They were flavorful, savory and satisfying while being equally creative and true to their southern roots. The grits was ridiculously good. The downstairs had windows and lighting with a magical view of the pear vines that felt like you are eating in an outdoor garden.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014I took a business client to Husk. Great food but you could barely hear.Special Features:
- Oversold it wasBarbwireDined on 10/10/2014I was expecting a stellar experience, based on rave reviews. The house is lovely, with espaliered pears lining the drive. The downstairs is lovely with lots of glass, but there was a strong ( and not happy) fish smell. Fortunately upstairs didn't smell, was airy and very pleasant. The wait staff was fine. But the food...I ordered the vegetables, pRtly because of the interesting description of the 3 dishes by the waiter. What a letdown. The grits were not hot, only lukewarm, and didn't have much taste. The egg(he said it had been baked an hour - come on!) was runny runny runny. Ew. The zucchini was ok and the beans were ok, but where was the excitement? My friend's pimento cheese sandwich was very good - wish I'd gotten that!I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fiancées Birthday MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014The food and device was fantastic. It was expensive but well worth it. I am a vegetarian and was very impressed with the vegetable plate!! Considerably better than most 'posh restaurant' vegetarian options. Steve was our server and he was extremely helpful and thorough! We had a wonderful night and would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior foodBahamamamaDined on 10/8/2014Imaginative menu. Shrimp and grits appetizer and Rice cake with pimento cheese excellent. Skip the corn bread. Entrees were also top notch but could use a few more choices. Don't miss desserts. Best chocolate cake ever. Waiter very professional, knowledgeable, helpful. Loved the wine he suggested. Wine list different and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014we've eaten at notable restaurants around the world (generally checking various review sites for the best restaurants in any locale), and this ranks among the top 10! i was pleased with the starters and main course. the service was excellent and our waiter was quite knowledgeable and witty. i'd definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational!NorCalBevVIPDined on 10/7/2014Impeccable service! Creative cuisine! Wonderdul handcrafted drinks! If you are looking for an exquisite experience in Nashville, this is your place. Not to be missed - the vegetable platter and the shrimp and grits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrewsyDined on 10/6/2014Well...not so much - in my estimation did not live up to the hype! Location good, dining area is nice but not warm, service spotty, wine list constrained; our server was disengaged and aloof and not particularly interested in us (perhaps we didn't radiate cool?), after dinner asked us if we wanted to look at a desert menu, then never brought one - she was able to provide billing quickly enough.Special Features:
- First time, but not my lastlovefoodDined on 10/5/2014From the first sip of my Daphne's Wish signature cocktail, I knew that I was in for a treat. The service was good, I really enjoyed the atmosphere, and the good was phenomenal. It was my first time in Nashville, and to be honest, I only stopped for the night to try this restaurant. Very pleased that I did. I'm on a Southern Road Trip with a friend, and although Charleston was not part of the plan, it is now, so that I can try the original Husk. I doubt I'll regret it. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerbambiDined on 10/5/2014The service was excellent and our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu. The entire evening was good and the selections we selected were good. My only complaint was when I asked for the ladies room, the hostess motioned down a flight of stairs. Maybe she did not notice but I had a cane and those steps were not an option. We would have stayed for dessert and other refreshments, but that was no longer a choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.