Husk - Nashville
37 Rutledge Street
Nashville, TN 37210Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Husk - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.husknashville.com/
- Phone: (615) 256-6565
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm-9:30pm; Friday and Saturday: 5:30pm-10:30pm
Lunch and Brunch beginning on June 3rd
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Sean Brock; Chef de Cuisine Morgan McGlone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Husk - Nashville
Husk is located in Rutledge Hill—just a few blocks south of Historic Broadway, in the heart of Downtown Nashville—is the newest outpost of the Neighborhood Dining Group and James Beard Award-winning Chef Sean Brock’s renowned restaurant, Husk. Led by Brock and Chef de Cuisine Morgan McGlone, the kitchen reinterprets the bounty of the surrounding area, exploring an ingredient-driven cuisine that begins in the rediscovery of heirloom products and redefines what it means to cook and eat in Nashville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Husk - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Husk - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
540 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (439)special occasion (331)neighborhood gem (216)romantic (186)hot spot (183)notable wine list (132)great for brunch (113)great for lunch (109)good for groups (76)scenic view (61)vibrant bar scene (48)great for outdoor dining (38)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Best in Nashville? Husk is definitely closeJayBeeDined on 11/23/2014Our recent visit to Husk was the best I've had at the Nashville location and was among the top three meals I've had in this city. All facets of the experience were outstanding. Only a couple of our opening courses were not purely remarkable (they were still well above average in taste and presentation, but were underwhelming relative to the other items we ate). This is probably the best full-package restaurant in the city. You can't go wrong with openers, mains, desserts, cocktails, beers, wine, or really anything on their menu. Worth the effort to get in and the price you pay when you close your check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals of my lifeMallymurph513Dined on 11/22/2014Sean Brock is a genius. This was truly one of the best meals of my life. The flavor in every dish is so complex.. Every bite is better than the one before. Can't wait to try the original in charleston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mind of a Chef Named Sean BrockWillTravelforFoodDined on 11/21/2014We planned a trip to Nashville and booked reservations to Husk a few weeks in advance to ensure we would be able to enjoy all we had heard about Husk. It exceeded all expectations and we had a fantastic evening trying as many dishes as we could possibly manage to consume. Our favorite dish was the vegetarian entree, A Plate of Southern Vegetables, which had five separate small dishes. The Aged Beef Tartare was outstanding as well. The menu selections are foods that have true southern roots, but the manner in which the chefs prepare the food is both familiar and unexpected at the same time. I will return again an again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Husk!EastNashJoDined on 11/21/2014Haven't been in a while. Promised myself I'd tried the fried chicken lunch special but I just couldn't say no to the burger. Yet again. Pimento and benne wafers are seriously addictive. And the desserts we had were unbelievable, omg good. I'm not a big sweets person, especially at lunch, but the combo of smoky and sweet in the wafers and crumbles is extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the buzzChitownSueDined on 11/20/2014Having been told I "must" go to Husk, I was somewhat skeptical that it would live up to all the buzz. It did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around wonderful, food, service and ambience.DecoDined on 11/20/2014I was here last year for lunch with my son who lives in LA. We found everything delicious and the whole setting sophisticated charm. I returned Thursday night with a friend of mine to celebrate our birthdays over dinner and was just as impressed. We very much appreciated that the restaurant was quiet enough for good conversation and that our server was knowledgeable and attentive. Needless to say every course was outstanding and unique. Food was flavorful yet not overpowering with a subtle, yet wonderfully surprising range of flavors. Loved this restaurant and will return with other friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique entreesJasonDybaDined on 11/19/2014I love restaurants where the meals are recognizable, but prepared in a way that makes them different than anything you've had before. We visited on our 3rd anniversary, and the servers went so far as to custom-print our menus to include "Happy 3rd Anniversary" on them. That's the kind of service you want for a special occasion. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Local and CreativeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2014Husk was one of the highlights of a three week road trip, much of which was spent eating at restaurants around the SE USA. We loved the creative food, especially the vegetable plate entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a vegan takeWholefoodplantbasedDined on 11/18/2014Husk was a memorable experience, with delicious food, though not the place to avoid oil & cream. An excellent salad, and gourd (butternut squash) first course. The Southern vegetable plate is aptly named - delicious combinations, but high in fat & cream. Griddle cakes were also very tasty, but heavy with frying oil. Interesting beer & wine menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations way too high. Was it me?returncustomerVIPDined on 11/18/2014I so wanted this visit to be amazing, on so many levels and for so many reasons. It wasn't. My fried chicken skin was cooked so tough as to be inedible in spots, my Mac-and-cheese was fine, not great, my $4 sweet tea was what I could get for half that price anywhere else, and our server was grim. Every time she came around, it felt like dentistry. At $40 for two, no wonder there were empty tables. This is a good, not great, restaurant, and not close to what the pricing would suggest. For that, the Capitol Grille. Maybe Sean needs to spend less time on the books and the brand and more time on the customer experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect wedding night meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014My wife and I ate at Husk on our wedding night and it could not have been a better end to our special day. I mentioned in the reservation that it was our wedding day and our server greeted us with champagne, and then wasn't offended when we embarrassingly told him that we don't drink (my mistake). The staff was very attentive and knowledgable and personable as well. I've followed Sean Brock for a while now and had pretty high hopes for the food and it still blew me away. Everything was cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. We honestly wish we lived Nashville so we could go to Husk more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in NashvilleJKCManVIPDined on 11/16/2014One of the best new restaurants I have experienced in Nashville. Bar downstairs was a true bar - not just a counter for eating - with excellent bartenders and extensive whiskey selection. Dinner choices were interesting and delicious. Everyone at my table thoroughly enjoyed the meal and experience. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PittsburghCoupleVIPDined on 11/16/2014This was our first time at Husk. The building is so unique and interesting. The service was fantastic, the food delicious. It was a really great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm going to give it another try.erinmtnDined on 11/16/2014Reservation on Open Table doesn't guarantee your table will be ready - waited 20 minutes in a VERY tiny foyer with several others. There is no seating in this space because there is NO room in this space! Table was lovely, waitstaff was great. Food was a mixed bag. I don't eat meat and they were ready with suggestions. The smoked trout deviled eggs were in fact, very smoky. I'm sure trout was in them, but no one at the table could detect anything but the smoke. 2 at brunch (Sunday - sorry, forgot that little detail) got burgers that-according to reviews-were the bomb. 1 dining buddy, who is a total Nashville Foodie-no lie- got coddled eggs that were so overcooked, very disappointing. I had the Southern vegetables, and by FAR, the field pea salad was the BEST thing on the tray. I guess to expect beans and rice to be good without greasy meat was too much to hope for. 2 desserts had the table in tears, SO GOOD. Sadly, I hear the pastry chef is moving on. $300 is usually a Dinner for 4, not brunch, so I was somewhat disappointed the food wasn't consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BurgerTasteofTNDined on 11/16/2014I went to Husk for brunch to try their legendary burger. You know, the one that everyone Instagrams as soon as they get it? Here are my four bullet points. 1) The bun is fantastic and has some salt (which I love). 2) There is lots of American cheese on it (the only true way to make a burger... and also why everyone Instagrams this one) 3) The burger itself was fairly average. No special seasoning, cooked a little too much for me (I like medium-rare to medium, and to be fair I was never asked how I wanted it cooked and never told them--so this is partly on me). 4) The potato wedges are SPICY!!! Now, I love spicy. I mean love it. I always order my hot chicken HOT (even at Bolton's). So, that said, I absolutely loved the potato wedges, but I have to say, I was surprised that they serve this to everyone! Most people I know would be sweating bullets if they even took a bite of them! Beware! Overall, very satisfied with this dining experience for the price-point of the burger. But I gotta say... I'm headed to Gabby's the next time I need to take care of a burger craving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it for Sunday Brunch.roseeDined on 11/16/2014We tried as many different menu items as four people possibl could Everything was wonderful. Especially enjoyed the presentation. An Eli, our server was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!JoJoVIPDined on 11/16/2014The food, unique location, brightly colored walls and neat art depicting our town are all right on target. I just wish we could secure reservations a little easier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not amazingTravelDined on 11/15/2014Beautiful building and décor. Not too welcoming @ front desk. Tables were extremely small. Food was good but not amazing. Menu did not have much selection for lunch. Overall disappointed in everything but the décor. I would try again to see if this was just a bad day at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must eat at Husk!kemsDined on 11/15/2014I recently had brunch at Husk and it was absolutely delicious! My husband and I had a starter, and different entrees and everything we ordered was amazing. The restaurant is beautiful and the service was great. Every time I am in Nashville I will be eating at Husk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014We loved every aspect about this experience! The service was great, the hot chicken was delicious and the burger was one of the best I've hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous restaurantMango3Dined on 11/14/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere. Loved Husk and will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husk - a truly Southern dining experience!HungryWeGo2Dined on 11/12/2014What a find for a true, authentic Southern farm-to-table experience. And the dish that best captured the essence of this amazing dining experience - the Plate of Southern Vegetables! Even the simple dishes like the Smoked/Fried Chicken Wings and Aged Beef Tartare exceeded expectations. Nashville should be proud that it has Husk and Sean Brock to represent the city in the food and cultural landscape. Will spread the word and return when in Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itTishVIPDined on 11/12/2014Shrimp and grits appetizer was very good but big enough to be a meal. The $75 special steak for two was undercooked and just ok. Not special. We asked for a green side vegetables and the waitress suggested the veg plate which ended up being another entree and full of grains and starches, not green veg. It was an ok meal but didn't live up to the hype
- The reviews weren't wrongfoodandwineDined on 11/12/2014We so enjoyed our dinner at Husk, we will return with our friends. Anxious to try for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Husk is in a stately old mansion. Our table was in front of large windows looking out on a garden area. Our food was delicious, especially the vegetables which had imaginative combinations and seasoning. I look forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceXyz16Dined on 11/9/2014Only down note was this it was a little too warm in the bar, but a patio was right outside. The food and service were very good. Flounder filet and pork were both perfect and were interestingly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedastonkeyDined on 11/8/2014I get the concept -- a sort of Southern 'wabi-sabi' -- but if you're going for sophisticated presentation of local foods at a high price tag, the flavors should knock your socks off. My socks stayed on through 3 courses. Southern food is thought of as 'comfort food' because the flavors tend to be bland, but bland can be good, especially in large quantities. To elevate 'bland' you need to have ingredients that capture essence, the way certain mushrooms capture earth, or fresh uni captures the ocean. Descriptions of the food on the menu suggested such an experience, but nothing rose from the mundane, and a few items (like the 'roasted gourds' appetizer that turned out to be a few dollops of cold squash puree) were truly disappointing.
- Great dinnerlivetoeatVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great food and service. I had the shrimp & grits, cauliflower soup and beef tartare, all which were wonderful! The service was attentive but not overbearingSpecial Features:
- Love Love Love, HUSK NashvillesteveODined on 11/7/2014Been twice now when visiting Nashville. Both times we sat in the downstairs seating ...I enjoy that part of the restaurant more than the upstairs seating. During our 2nd visit the server greeted us with complimentary "bubbly" (some sort of sparkling white wine) which was a nice touch. Although the restaurant seemed busy with lots of guests, we never felt rushed through our meal or un-cared for by our server. Our server was very knowledgable and polite. Rice cakes with pimento cheese are a must for appetizer. We were very pleased with our entrees as well. We had the beef dish and my wife has the catfish on our most recent visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/7/2014Incredible food, incredible drinks, incredible atmosphere. Just a win-win-win, one of the best restaurants I've been to.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerSamTaaffeDined on 11/6/2014My wife and I ate here for a special night out. The food and atmosphere were excellent! the entrees average around $27-30, but it is definitely worth it. Excellent quality and good portionsSpecial Features:
- DisappointedDined on 11/5/2014Limited lunch menu. Great service and atmosphere. Fried chicken a bit too spicey and vegetable sides fair. Highly recommend the deviled eggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatehywDined on 11/4/2014Love love love! One of my Top 5 restaurants, period!Special Features:
- The serviceOutstandingDined on 11/4/2014Honestly my husband and I are used to going to fancier restaurant and being treated less then because we are young and waiters assume we won't tip well. The staff at husk was outstanding; kind and welcoming. The waitress was one of the moves people and she joked around with us. Now the food was UNBELIEVABLE. It was one of the best meals I have ever had. I got the southern vegatable plate and it was amazing. We also shared a chocolate cake which was by far the best chocolate cake we had ever eaten. The whole experience was outstanding and we really appreciated everyone there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backCpsueDined on 11/4/2014We enjoyed our lunch immensely. Food, atmosphere, and service were excellent. Unexpectedly relaxing for a weekday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014I love going out and finding new things and being from NJ and Manhattan there are endless possibilities. I didn't think Tennessee would have anything like this. Husk is the best food I have had in years. Great Job!!!!Special Features:
- Great rep, hit-or-miss realityNashvegaslocalDined on 11/3/2014Food was inconsistent; some very good and clever, other dishes disappointing. Waited 90 minutes to get main course, obviously far too long, and this was on a Monday.Special Features:
- Nashville BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/2/2014We were in Nashville for a 3 day visit. After looking around we had made Husk a key restaurant to visit. We couldn't get a diner reservation for when we wanted so we went to brunch. Fantastic!. Beautiful decor, excellent and knowledgeable service with inventive choices. Bloody Mary was one of the best I have had. Deviled eggs and the French toast were outstanding. We are quite difficult to impress but Husk did it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphereek2006Dined on 11/1/2014First time to Husk and we absolutely loved it! We had the deviled eggs for an appetizer and I had the shrimp and grits for my meal. Everything was fabulous and the waitress knowledge of the menu was extremely helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nashville GemGallopingGourmetDined on 10/31/2014My golden margarita was terrific, made with house made mixes, what a difference! I started with the steak tartare which was out of this world, the best I've ever had. My fiancé had the shrimp and grits which I tasted and it was incredible. I then had the trout entrée which was accompanied by delicious locally grown veggies and he had the steak which was superb. We finished our delicious meal with a chocolate cake with home made ice cream which was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.