Husk - Nashville
37 Rutledge Street
Nashville, TN 37210Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Husk - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.husknashville.com/
- Phone: 6152566565
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm-9:30pm; Friday and Saturday: 5:30pm-10:30pm
Lunch and Brunch beginning on June 3rd
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Sean Brock; Chef de Cuisine Morgan McGlone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Husk - Nashville
Husk is located in Rutledge Hill—just a few blocks south of Historic Broadway, in the heart of Downtown Nashville—is the newest outpost of the Neighborhood Dining Group and James Beard Award-winning Chef Sean Brock’s renowned restaurant, Husk. Led by Brock and Chef de Cuisine Morgan McGlone, the kitchen reinterprets the bounty of the surrounding area, exploring an ingredient-driven cuisine that begins in the rediscovery of heirloom products and redefines what it means to cook and eat in Nashville.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Husk - Nashville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Husk - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
516 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (406)special occasion (327)neighborhood gem (197)romantic (183)hot spot (140)notable wine list (124)great for lunch (109)great for brunch (97)scenic view (64)good for groups (62)great for outdoor dining (46)vibrant bar scene (39)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Don't Miss a Husk Meal in NashvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We had a wonderful evening of food, wine and conversation with a friend we haven't seen in ages. The service was pitch perfect. The food was delicious and surprising but not at all pretentious. My 79 year old mother declared the oysters were the best she's had in her life- and she's been eating oysters since she was a toddler! Lovely, lovely place to which I hope to return.Special Features:
- Excellent everythingVailDined on 10/19/2014Wonderful menus: bar, wen and food. Extraordinary restaurant. We loved it. An absolute GEM.Special Features:
- Great brunchjamieVIPDined on 10/18/2014Little disappointed with the temperature of my eggs Benedict but overall great brunch. The biscuits and pancake were amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BestNashvilleNewbieDined on 10/18/2014I never have a bad experience at Husk. The food is always delicious and the atmosphere is always divine. The beautifully designed restaurant is perfect, and the staff is accommodating. It is certainly a gem. Perfect for date night or brunch with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off night?Snr99999VIPDined on 10/17/2014The place was beautiful but every other aspect was sub-par. Service was indifferent - we were not offered bread although other tables were. The server split a salad used our too-small bread plates for that. I had catfish which was just OK. It had a lot of creative ingredients that didn't truly work together. The hangar steak was tasteless. We won't be back.
- Southern HipsterthegoodnewsDined on 10/17/2014Fantastic and phenomenal! Nashville you better treasure this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!VaFoodieDined on 10/17/2014We have tried dining at the SC location without success (so busy). Glad we got in here in Nashville. It was a meal that I will remember for a long time!Special Features:
- ExceptionalGrammieLDined on 10/17/2014An absolutely exceptional experience--superior and innovative menu, separate and elaborate bourbon list and cocktails, lovely atmosphere--all made amazingly exceptional by our server, Katelyn. We'll return to Nashville just for Husk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingNew2HoustonVIPDined on 10/15/2014Such a treat to find outstanding food (quality and freshness of ingredients, and proper execution and presentation), and very informed servers. They did an excellent job in describing and recommending dishes (including the wine selection). Very refreshing to find an overall impressive restaurant in Nashville. Having previously dined at Husk in Charleston, it was great to see the consistency with both locations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/15/2014One of the most unwelcoming restaurants I have ever been to. The rude and inconsiderate behavior of the receptionists hits one in the face as one walks in. And then it gets even worse. The trio of people at the reception treated our party as if we were interfering with their routine, held us waiting while chattering amongst themselves and made us feel unwelcome. Quality of the food was average at best and arrived late. Our waitress was very good and the only bright spot.
- Nice dinnerTdinerDined on 10/14/2014Had a reservation for 5:00 p.m. Arrived a little early and was accompanied to the bar area. Great drink choices for guys and wives. Dinner was excellent and ample.Special Features:
- A bit pretentiousRufusDined on 10/13/2014Each dish combined interesting flavors, well explained by our otherwise world-weary server. However for a party of 4 the shared 3-piece appetizer was awkward, with no offer to add a 4th (even for an additional charge), something that would have been noticed and cheerfully rectified by a less self-satisfied place. Likewise the 4 small rolls were quickly enjoyed and the basket whisked away with no reappearance nor offer of more. Entrees and desserts were tasty but on the small side. A manager? Owner? stopped by the table happy to praise the chef but did not ask about our experience and I suspect took us for hick tourists. So while everything was fine and professional, it was not particularly a warm experience and not one I would return to.Special Features:
- Movng ForwardatewellVIPDined on 10/12/2014I planned my entire trip around attending dinner here. Service started off nice but got very rushed. The food was delicious as I thought it would be, but the longer the meal went the less contact we had with the waiter. I know runners help but we talked more with the runners than the server..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerhpackDined on 10/11/2014Turned the appetizer list into our own personal tasting menu. Food was excellent with inventive flavor combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husk is magicalwilltravel4foodDined on 10/11/2014Everything about Husk is amazing. From the gracious and present service to the beautiful ambiance, and the delicious food. Our server was incredibly nice and knowledgeable about the menu, offering suggestions on sizing, sharing and flavor palates that were spot-on. One of her suggestions could have been an entree or shared appetizer called Vegetables 5 Ways that had unique takes on grits, hush puppies, etc. With 3 of us sharing this was a perfect way to sample the cuisine. They were flavorful, savory and satisfying while being equally creative and true to their southern roots. The grits was ridiculously good. The downstairs had windows and lighting with a magical view of the pear vines that felt like you are eating in an outdoor garden.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014I took a business client to Husk. Great food but you could barely hear.Special Features:
- Oversold it wasBarbwireDined on 10/10/2014I was expecting a stellar experience, based on rave reviews. The house is lovely, with espaliered pears lining the drive. The downstairs is lovely with lots of glass, but there was a strong ( and not happy) fish smell. Fortunately upstairs didn't smell, was airy and very pleasant. The wait staff was fine. But the food...I ordered the vegetables, pRtly because of the interesting description of the 3 dishes by the waiter. What a letdown. The grits were not hot, only lukewarm, and didn't have much taste. The egg(he said it had been baked an hour - come on!) was runny runny runny. Ew. The zucchini was ok and the beans were ok, but where was the excitement? My friend's pimento cheese sandwich was very good - wish I'd gotten that!I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fiancées Birthday MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014The food and device was fantastic. It was expensive but well worth it. I am a vegetarian and was very impressed with the vegetable plate!! Considerably better than most 'posh restaurant' vegetarian options. Steve was our server and he was extremely helpful and thorough! We had a wonderful night and would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior foodBahamamamaDined on 10/8/2014Imaginative menu. Shrimp and grits appetizer and Rice cake with pimento cheese excellent. Skip the corn bread. Entrees were also top notch but could use a few more choices. Don't miss desserts. Best chocolate cake ever. Waiter very professional, knowledgeable, helpful. Loved the wine he suggested. Wine list different and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014we've eaten at notable restaurants around the world (generally checking various review sites for the best restaurants in any locale), and this ranks among the top 10! i was pleased with the starters and main course. the service was excellent and our waiter was quite knowledgeable and witty. i'd definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational!NorCalBevVIPDined on 10/7/2014Impeccable service! Creative cuisine! Wonderdul handcrafted drinks! If you are looking for an exquisite experience in Nashville, this is your place. Not to be missed - the vegetable platter and the shrimp and grits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrewsyDined on 10/6/2014Well...not so much - in my estimation did not live up to the hype! Location good, dining area is nice but not warm, service spotty, wine list constrained; our server was disengaged and aloof and not particularly interested in us (perhaps we didn't radiate cool?), after dinner asked us if we wanted to look at a desert menu, then never brought one - she was able to provide billing quickly enough.Special Features:
- First time, but not my lastlovefoodDined on 10/5/2014From the first sip of my Daphne's Wish signature cocktail, I knew that I was in for a treat. The service was good, I really enjoyed the atmosphere, and the good was phenomenal. It was my first time in Nashville, and to be honest, I only stopped for the night to try this restaurant. Very pleased that I did. I'm on a Southern Road Trip with a friend, and although Charleston was not part of the plan, it is now, so that I can try the original Husk. I doubt I'll regret it. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerbambiDined on 10/5/2014The service was excellent and our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu. The entire evening was good and the selections we selected were good. My only complaint was when I asked for the ladies room, the hostess motioned down a flight of stairs. Maybe she did not notice but I had a cane and those steps were not an option. We would have stayed for dessert and other refreshments, but that was no longer a choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance and Food!carriesDined on 10/5/2014Love locally sourced restaurants. Great for brunch. Historical home with a modern renovation with LOTS of glass on the back half overlooks the vegetable garden. Not to mention, the food was wonderful. Especially the bloody marys! Great find!Special Features:
- WonderfulHollyRFDined on 10/3/2014We have been to Husk Charleston 3 or 4 times, so we were excited to try out Husk Nashville. The bar, hands down, is the best ever. Just like in Charleston, they have true mixologists and really keep surprising me with all the creative, delicious drinks. Our service was also top-notch. From the bartender to our waiter, absolutely no complaints. They were knowledgeable and friendly. The food was the only part lacking. We all ordered different entrees and none of us were blown away by the food. It was good, don't get me wrong, but just not earth-shattering like we have experienced in Charleston. I would still recommend Husk Nashville, as the food changes regularly. We probably just ate there a night when the flavor profiles weren't for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started off OKBeauDined on 10/3/2014Hostess was polite but not warm. Apps were very good, but downhill from there. Hot water cornbread was raw in the middle, explanation-was a recipe from the 1800's copied by chef, wanted to be true to the period. Not funny. Pork was excellent, but the vegetables were bland. My Wife had the Hangar steak, which was good, but came with beets(not her favorite) and no substitutions are allowed. Finally the Desserts were average, the ice cream was flavorless. I wanted to take another dessert home, but was told that was not allowed. Lots of great restaurants in Nashvillle, Husk needs to reassess it's purpose-Great for customers or not.Special Features:
- Great food, stiff service...Luv2dineDined on 10/2/2014I try to dine at Husk when I'm on Nashviille. Food is always excellent. I usually dine at the bar but this time was with colleagues and sat in dining room. The service started out stiff, definitely not welcoming but the server warmed up when she realized that I've been there several times. It was also the first time that I was told you had to order the whole dinner together and could not order appetizers first and then the entree. This seems to be for the ease of the restaurant but, no matter the reason, the customer should always have the flexibility to order appetizers first especially when the customer expresses his dissatisfaction. We had an extensive meal and would had liked to order some of those delicious appetizers upfront.Special Features:
- Almost CharlestonTaterdogDined on 10/2/2014We were introduced to Husk in Charleston and loved it. The food is just as good in Nashville but this version lacks a little of the quiet , laid back, "dining is an experience" attitude of Charleston. That said, it was an excellent experience and much more accessible to us Central Kentuckians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting, unique foodNickyVIPDined on 10/2/2014Loved the old house that the restaurant was in. The food was certainly different and made for different tastes. I can't say that I loved the food. It was good for a special occasion. Not certain that I would go back.Special Features:
- Must dine in NashvilleFoodie45Dined on 10/2/2014The food is the star here. We were there for dinner and shared two appetizers, each of us had a first course and a main course. The menu changes daily so if I raved about a particular dish, it may not be offered the next time. No worries, everything we tasted was yummy.Special Features:
- FantasticHungryInNashvilleDined on 10/2/2014Had an early dinner reservation for our anniversary and we had a nice quiet corner. Food was superb: shared the vegetable plate as an appetizer and it was incredible, Chicken and Pork chop for entrees and chocolate cake for dessert. All that with menus printed with anniversary wishes and relaxed, impeccable service. Don't miss a chance to dine here.Special Features:
- Husk ReviewFoodsamplerDined on 10/2/2014Ordered the Southern Vegetable plate. It was yummy. Grits with okra and an egg was fabulous, along with the collard greens and corn. Salty rolls were good too.Special Features:
- UnexpectedTFCJRVIPDined on 10/1/2014Delightful meal in a renovated old home. This is definitely not for the meat and potatoes crowd. Eclectic menu which is executed very well. Very limited wine and beer menu. No well-known commercial beer available. We will return.Special Features:
- Some great, some just okaynashfoodieDined on 9/30/2014We had the grittle cakes with pimento cheese to start- they were pretty good, a little lacking in flavor (the pimento cheese is pretty mild). My husband ordered the pork and said it was in his top 5 best meals! It was close to perfect and we'd both highly recommend it. I got the beef and was disappointed. The only flavor that really came through was beet. Our advice would be to really quiz your waiter before you order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Occasion-RestaurantcriticalmassfoodieDined on 9/29/2014My fiancee and I went here for our one-year anniversary and had the most succulent food we've had in a long time. The waitresses and waiters are keen to tell you the background to whatever's going to be on your plate and how it was prepared. The ambiance is vibrant and the setting is dark wood and dim lights, which make for a great intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a great setting...cntrydadDined on 9/28/2014as much as i anticipated the meal, it was marred by getting seated in the front room, a weird mix of grandma's parlor and outdated luxe. the food was good, thought heavy and filing. wish we had eaten in the main room, as there was a better vibe there and might have made for a better experience.Special Features:
- What a let down...dissapointedguy123Dined on 9/27/2014The resturaunt itself was nicely designed. The cocktails were amazing and the mixologists were incredibly fast and skilled. But... People go to a resturaunt for the food which was lack luster to say the least. The ribs were super dry and too acidic. I do ribs way better and im not trained..The pork belly was over done and tough. The fried chicken skin was like a handful of deep fried salt (i threw this up later). The Tar Tar was okay but didnt have any type of bread or toast. The pie was good but the crust was over worked and incredibly chewy. I would have rather gone to Ocharlely's.... i dont like Ocharley's... The food was memorable in the wrong way. I will never go back again. Nothing was balanced.Special Features:
- Amazing evening!MotheratlargeVIPDined on 9/27/2014We felt like we were walking into an old, southern plantation. We went on a Saturday night and the place was jumping with people but we never felt rushed or ignored. Our waiter had a great sense of humor and was very knowledgeable about the wine list. Our meal was amazing! We started with a few apps and then shared a few entrees and EVERYTHING we had was wonderful! I'm talking moan out loud delicious! And the sweet potato pie for dessert - WOW!! We fought over every last bite. One of the best meals I've ever had! I'm so impressed with Nashville and the food scene, can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Best Meal of My LifeveggietaleDined on 9/27/2014Freshest of fresh vegetables, perfectly cooked meat, wonderful service. Not only was it one of the best restaurant experiences I've ever had overall, it was by far the most delicious food I've ever tasted. Husk spoiled other restaurants for me, as nothing can live up to that amazing dinner.Special Features: